TONYLEUNG.INFO
THIS IS AN ARCHIVAL DISCUSSION BOARD (2003-2012)

THIS IS AN ARCHIVAL DISCUSSION BOARD (2003-2012)
CLICK HERE TO GO TO THE NEW BOARD
CLICK HERE TO GO TO THE NEW BOARD

Sept 2012 - Tony's interview by Ming Pao Weekly #2289
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

www.tonyleung.info Forum Index -> Tony Leung Articles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sparkles_n15

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 8:26 pm    Post subject:

Cute interview! But it's only a partial episode? I think it's suppose to air next Sunday November 11. Some highlights:

- Lui Fong says that Tony hardly talks about himself and says it might be because he places all his emotions into acting; he remembers being woken up by a phone call from Tony at 3am saying he was unhappy and asked him to come sing for him out on the streets in TST

- at a low point in his life, Tony says he was unhappy with his performance and couldn't see how he could improve; however when he filmed WKW's Days of Being Wild, after seeing the last shot, Tony was surprised that he could be captured like that, Tony thought, "this director seems to know me", he began to believe in acting again

- Tony prefers working with people he's collaborated with before, because he's really shy and doesn't like people to know so much about him; he feels more carefree when he's with people he's known for a long time

- when asked about his hardest roles, Tony says 'Lust, Caution' was difficult because he had to overcome barriers; 'Happy Together' was not that difficult in comparison, but in reality he says that all his roles have some amount of difficulty to it

- Luisa asks each guest to reveal a secret on her show: Tony says that he likes to buy gifts for Carina but doesn't directly give them to her; instead he hides them so when she stumbles upon it she'll be surprised
Safran

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 1:24 am    Post subject:

A big THANK YOU , to you Jenny Wink Very Happy .....for translating some enlightening highlights for us completely ignorant Sad

BTW: Sorry friends....I´m totally confused at the moment Confused - I did not know it is a recording. (Later, watching the Tony-foto, I recognized it is identical with the one of the Mingpao-interview from September)

Anyway - fact is: It is always a joy for me/us to watch our admired idol love - Thanks again !
Eri

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 4:07 am    Post subject:

Thank you Jenny,

I've also read some more details before, and wondered some part of the interview were not shown on TV program because of adjusting time ?

Dear Helga,

All the newspapers and magazine articles were about this TV, so the interview itself was recorded for this program which only shown recently.
Tin-Yau

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 5:21 am    Post subject:

Thanks a lot, Jenny! Applause

Safran wrote:
BTW: Sorry friends....I´m totally confused at the moment Confused - I did not know it is a recording. (Later, watching the Tony-foto, I recognized it is identical with the one of the Mingpao-interview from September)

Same here Confused Think

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 5:32 am    Post subject:

Oh...I see Embarassed Wink - Thank you Eri ! Smile
Yuka

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 6:21 am    Post subject:

Thank you always for your translation, Jenny !

Yuka Very Happy
yitian

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 7:47 am    Post subject:

Thanks Jenny thumbright
According to what I saw on weibo, there is going to a special program to be aired next week called "The Best Actors' Top Secrets". Surely I hope we're going to see more of Tony's Interview Very Happy .
Info

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:52 pm    Post subject:

There is a bit more of Tony's interview on Carina in the previous episode:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DlYa0XAoDyc&feature=relmfu (Tony's part starts from 18:00)
Eri

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 11:52 pm    Post subject:

Thank you info,

That's the part I've read but didn't see on the program. Wink
Safran

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 2:11 am    Post subject:

Thank you very much Info......for the bit more Tony Wink
sparkles_n15

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:09 am    Post subject:

Kinda interesting how the Mingpao article covered about 90% of the entire interview already. LOL. So does that mean there's still more hidden tidbits to come? Wink
yitian

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 6:30 pm    Post subject:

More of the series (Top Secrets) -
http://video.sina.com.cn/v/b/89851619-1730482251.html
Safran

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 11:36 pm    Post subject:

Thank you Yitian Smile Hopefully some more "titbits" ....for Jenny to translate ?? haha Wink
Eri

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 6:21 am    Post subject:

Thanks yitan,

I think this part was not written on the magazine.
Very interestng. Wink
hanasan

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 8:20 am    Post subject:

Found another link:
http://www.56.com/u74/v_NzkxMjkyMjM.html

Tony is in the last part, starting from 38:47.

I tried to translate it but really not good at this Embarassed

- Tony says when facing choices or options, he usually makes decisions by himself. Even if sometimes he asks friends or Carina for opinions, he will not change his mind whatever they say. He just listens and sees if anyone can persuade him not doing it. He also mentions that he knows exactly what he’s going to do since he’s a small boy. And he will never regret once he makes a decision. ‘You yourself should know the purpose of things you do. Don’t think about gains and losses too much. If you want to achieve something, you will lose other things for sure. You won’t get everything. Neither will you lose all of them. It’s just that whether you would scarify this to do that.’ He says that he tends to make things complicated when he was young, but now he thinks life is actually very simple.

- When asked ‘what kind of person Tony Leung is’, he says he can be any kind of person. It is actually his choice to be SOME kind of person. People may have various excuses for their behavior. Like ‘I am not talkative so I won’t talk’. But actually this is their choice instead of their characteristic. ‘I can also be outgoing, open and enthusiastic if I decide to be so. I am whoever I WANT to be.’ He gives suggestions to youngsters: ‘Don’t have so many excuses for what you’re doing. They will get in your way of making your dreams come true.’ He says that everybody was born as a piece of blank paper, but then people around you and yourself keep giving you impressions that you are THAT kind of person and gradually you believe it. But actually you can be a nice person, a bad person or whatever kind of person. It is all your OWN choice!
   www.tonyleung.info Forum Index -> Tony Leung Articles All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: