TONYLEUNG.INFO
THIS IS AN ARCHIVAL DISCUSSION BOARD (2003-2012)

THIS IS AN ARCHIVAL DISCUSSION BOARD (2003-2012)
CLICK HERE TO GO TO THE NEW BOARD
CLICK HERE TO GO TO THE NEW BOARD

Question from Ex- Acting Student

www.tonyleung.info Forum Index -> Communicate with Tony
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jamaica

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 3:32 am    Post subject: Question from Ex- Acting Student

Hi Tony,

I read that among some of your favorite films are "Citizen Kane," "Taxi Driver," and "Raging Bull," and I recall an interview where you said you felt "The Departed" had the stronger script between it, and "Infernal Affairs," (though you preferred IA's style). Do you feel you've gotten the opportunity, often enough, as an actor, to interpret scripts with the same kind of strengths as those in the films you admire?

Even Wong Kar Wai seems to shape much of his films' characters by the cuts he makes in the editing room. How much of your character's personality is shaped by the choices you make as an actor?

Did the "Lust, Caution" script provide you, within its pages, the most psychologically formed character you've had to interpret? My impression, from seeing the finished work, is that it had the most literate script, character-wise, out of all of your work. Are you hoping to get more such scripts?

(Sorry for the rambling, getting to the point, immediately, has never been one of my talents. Laughing) God bless you & your family, & Merry Christmas!

Jamaica
   www.tonyleung.info Forum Index -> Communicate with Tony All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: