TONYLEUNG.INFO
THIS IS AN ARCHIVAL DISCUSSION BOARD (2003-2012)

THIS IS AN ARCHIVAL DISCUSSION BOARD (2003-2012)
CLICK HERE TO GO TO THE NEW BOARD
CLICK HERE TO GO TO THE NEW BOARD

Tony Celebrates His 49th Birthday

www.tonyleung.info Forum Index -> The Latest Tony News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sparkles_n15

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 5:03 pm    Post subject: Tony Celebrates His 49th Birthday

Article from today's Mingpao

Yesterday was Tony's 49th birthday. Known for his laid-back personality, he celebrated his birthday with his wife Carina Lau the night before on the 26th. His management company Jet Tone posted photos of his birthday celebration online to share with everyone.

During the past year, Tony has been busy filming back-to-back projects in China, including Wong Kar Wai's The Grandmaster and Derek Yee's The Great Magician. He looked very tired during the press conference for 'Magician' a few weeks back. Now that he's returned to Hong Kong, he seems better rested. His face was full of smiles during his birthday dinner, no doubt because he was accompanied by his wife. He even looked content staring at his birthday cake. In previous years, fans from Korea and Japan would come to Hong Kong to celebrate his big day with him. This year was no exception, as fans gathered together to celebrate by having dinner with him and presenting him with gifts.

According to sources, the filming for the 'Grandmaster' has yet to be completed. Tony was asked what the schedule was like for filming, as well as when he has to return to work. He indicates that he hasn't received any further instructions from Wong Kar Wai. With free time on his hands, he continues to leisurely spend his time with Carina. Carina wished him a happy birthday on her microblog, using the term 'Master' to address him. "Master, happy birthday to you!" Good friend Kenny Bee also sent wishes to the best actor, saying "We'll drink to tea instead of wine today. To good health and happiness!" Christine Ng also sent her greetings on Weibo, saying, "Carina, is it your husband's birthday today? I wish Mr. Leung a happy birthday, good health and a blissful marriage. Enjoy your time together!"

+++

I want the insider scoop! Wink
Jamaica

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 6:32 pm    Post subject:

I figured he might be keeping his Ip Man hair cut for further scenes.... guess that confirms it.

If "Grandmasters" shows at Toronto Film Festival, are you going to go, Sparkles? Take pics if you do! Wink

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 10:16 pm    Post subject:

Thank you so much for the news Smile
bluevelvet

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 4:40 am    Post subject:

So GOOD to know Mr. Leung is spending his time-out with his loving wife!
sparkles_n15

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 7:51 am    Post subject:

Hi Jamaica

That was the rumour last year. LOL. I'm not holding my breath on this one. But I secretly hope that The Great Magician would be able to screen instead.
Jamaica

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 11:39 am    Post subject:

Hmmm.... I didn't think about "The Great Magician," since I was never expecting to see it on the big screen, on our side of the planet, but heck, it's a film festival, so why not? (Maybe they can find distributors for us! Very Happy )
   www.tonyleung.info Forum Index -> The Latest Tony News All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: