TONYLEUNG.INFO
THIS IS AN ARCHIVAL DISCUSSION BOARD (2003-2012)

THIS IS AN ARCHIVAL DISCUSSION BOARD (2003-2012)
CLICK HERE TO GO TO THE NEW BOARD
CLICK HERE TO GO TO THE NEW BOARD

Sept 2010 - Tony's Interview @ Cartier

www.tonyleung.info Forum Index -> Tony Leung Articles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Info

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 5:23 am    Post subject: Sept 2010 - Tony's Interview @ Cartier

Tony does't like to be restrained by Time

Tony was wearing Cartier's Calibre de Cartier watch. He likes the masculine and sporty style and minimal design with subtle details. Talking about time, he said he like to live a relax life without time constraint.

Tony said he's a user, his only needs his watch to tell him time and date, and that's it.

Q: What makes you move?
A: Everything can make me move, good script, good wine, and fun stuff all make me move.

Q: What do you think of Calibre de Cartier?
A: Masculine and sporty, the design is minimal, but it used different metals to mix together, you can see the subtle details, its a very smart design.

Q: How do you define a man?
A: I think a man needs to be strong and tough. But charm is different, it's a wisdom, you need to be kind and responsible, I think that's what makes a man charming.

Q: How do you choose a watch? Any special requirements? Or just feel right?
A: I like minimal design. Of course it depends on the context. For example, I like sports, and I will wear something tough and a bit bulky, if it's too delicate, it may not survive the impact. If I wear tuxedo, I normally don't wear a watch, cos it seems odd to have a big piece under the shirt. Or I may choose a thin one. So, it really depends on the context, the event, and my preference.

Q: Today you are wearing a rose gold watch, do you like the materials?
A: Honestly, it was chosen by Cartier, but I think it's very beautiful. Rose gold is quite special. Personally I also like gold watches, but I seldom wear them, esp fully gold style, I think that's too sharp for me.

Q: How many Cartier watches do you have?
A: I don't collect. I buy it when I need it. But I normally wear the same few cos I am a user. The function of watches is different from when I was young. It used to tell us the time, and I felt uncomfortable without it. But nowadays, we can tell the time from the mobile phone, so we don't really a watch to tell us the time. The function of watches tend to be decorative, and emphasizes more on design nowadays.

Q: Some people feel odd without wearing a watch, how about you?
A: Depends on my need. When I wear a tux, I normally wear a watch cos I don't normally bring the phone with me. When exercising, I don't like to be restrained by time, I just do what I want, don't tell me the time. (Q: Do you need to count the time when jogging?) I just count the distance, and ignore the time, cos we need to be very time sensitive at work, so I prefer to live a carefree live when I am on my own, without any time contraint. I wake up at sunrise, and have dinner at sunset. So, I only check the time when on a need basis.

Q: How long have you been working with Cartier?
A: From 2006, when Cartier first launched round watches. I think the brand was very bold, cos it's a brand with long history, and it's not easy to try something new. It needs a lot of courage and confidence, I was very impressed.

Q: What similarities do you find between Cartier and yourself?
A: We both like to have new breakthrough, and try new things. Just like I hope to try new roles and have new breakthrough in my movies.

Q: Do you remember your first Cartier watch? When did you buy it?
A: It was long time ago. I have many. Cartier is my favourite brand. One of my gold watch was the Tank series. I think it is very beautiful. I would wear a white T-shirt and a torn jeans with it.

Q: If Cartier can get you a tailor made watch, how do you like it?
A: I learned that Cartier recently launched the Santos series, I like the design very much, it makes me think of some old stuff, kind of like back to the future. Actually there are not of designs available, I don't think I need a tailor made one.

直击Calibre de Cartier派对 梁朝伟不爱受时间束缚
2010-09-20 12:13:00   来 源:猫扑时尚

时间就是金钱,故时间对男士们来说分外重要,每分钟都可能几百万上落。但对梁朝伟来说,时间对他可能是种束缚。今次他戴上Cartier的Calibre de Cartier手表,刚阳味又带点Sporty的风格,设计简单中又带有变化,正好符合其心意,不过说到时间这概念,他就直言爱冲破时间规限,令自己活得开心自在。

梁朝伟自言自己是用家,所以对手表的要求就是最简单的时分秒及日历显示就足够。

梁朝伟:新表充满男人味

记者:S 梁朝伟:T

S:今次派对主题是“芯动”,有什么事情会令你心动?

T:所有事情都会令我心动,好的剧本、好饮的红酒,好玩的东西都会令我心动。

S:Calibre de Cartier给你什么感觉?

T:直接感受是他好男人、好硬朗、好Masculine及好Sporty, 其设计好简约,但手表又用了不同的金属配合,简单的设计中带有变化,是很聪明的设计。

S:你觉得一个男人怎样才算Man?

T:我觉得Man是要够分量及粗犷。但魅力又是另一种东西,是一种智慧,要有爱心同承担,这就是一种男人的魅力。单纯以Man来说就是硬朗、粗壮,因为要出去赚钱,所以要能熬和够硬朗,哈哈。

S:你挑选手表时有什么特别要求,是否如你所言纯粹讲Feel?

T:我比较喜欢简单较Minimal的设计,但当然视乎运动同场合,例如我好钟意运动,我会戴好硬朗、Bulky一点的手表,否则太薄的一撞就散。另外我又会看自己的需要,好似我穿礼服又不会戴大表,好怕拱起一块好怪,那时候我会选薄一点的手表。所以是看情形、看场合同个人喜好。

S:你今日戴的是玫瑰金表款,这是否你最喜欢的物料?

T:老实说是大会选的,但我又觉得蛮靓的,玫瑰金蛮特别,其实我自己都喜欢金表,不过就不太敢戴,尤其全金那类设计,蛮靓但感觉“太犀利”。

S:你本身储了几多只Cartier手表?

T:我没有特别去储,总之我用到就买,其实来去都是戴那几只,我是一个用家。现在手表的功能跟我们小时候的很不一样,以前手表是用来看时间,没戴时总觉得不自在。但现在社会进步了,一部电话已拥有所有功能,连手表都不用戴,令手表的功能好似偏向装饰多过是报时,所以设计已偏向美感同艺术性。

S:有些人一没有戴手表就全身不自在,你是不是一个日日都要戴表的人?

T:我是看需要而定,例如穿礼服时我就一定会戴,因为把电话放在裤袋里会好累赘。但平日我好喜欢运动,我不喜欢被时间这个概念束缚限制,我喜欢做什么就做什么,不要告诉我现在是几点了。(但你跑步做运动时不会计时吗?)我会多算多个圈不理会时间,因为工作时已有很多时间限制,所以日常生活上我觉得可以Carefree一点,完全无限制,日落时就吃饭,太阳升起就起床。所以我只会在有需要的时候才看表。

图片说明:梁朝伟特别为Calibre de Cartier系列拍摄一系列相片,以睿智、阳刚及勇于突破三大主题,展现出此系列将男士魅力之精粹集结于一身的特色。

跟品牌一样爱作新尝试

S:你同Cartier合作有多久? 

T:于2006年开始,那次是品牌第一次推出圆形手表,我觉得品牌好大胆,因为一个历史这么悠久的品牌,要尝试一样全新的东西并不易,需要很多勇气同自信,令我相当佩服。

S:你觉得你自己跟Cartier有什么相似之处?

T:在工作上的相似就是希望不断有新的突破,希望有新的尝试,就好似我拍戏常希望有新的尝试、新的角色。 

S:记不记得你第一只Cartier手表是怎样的? 是几时买的?

T:好早之前,其实我有好多只,Cartier是一个我好喜欢的牌子,我其中一只金表就是Tank系列,我觉得好靓,会穿一件底衫同烂牛仔裤去衬。

S:如果Cartier可以为你Tailor Made一只手表,你希望设计是怎样?

T:我见品牌最近再推出Santos系列,那款设计几靓,令我想起一些旧事,好像是回到未来一样,品牌现今有好多款式可以选择,不用再Tailor Made。

走进时间殿堂 感受机芯动力

Calibre de Cartier是品牌首枚百分百自家制自动表,所以今次于上海举行的大型派对亦特别以“芯动”为主题,有机芯转动之意。派对于上海最新时尚地标洛克外滩举行,场内以“时光殿堂”为设计主题,正中央设有以1904MC机芯为蓝本的大型圆形舞台及Bar枱,极具特色。

Last edited by Info on Mon Oct 08, 2012 12:09 am; edited 3 times in total
In The Mood For Leung

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 6:15 pm    Post subject:

very cool and very chic...

thanks.
Safran

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 11:45 pm    Post subject:

Oui, tres tres chic - nothing more to add !

(but if I only could read the interview - Sad )

Helga
Info

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 7:24 pm    Post subject:

A blogger's article on the Cartier event: http://jewelyan.blogspot.com/2010/09/meeting-tony-leung-calibre-de-cartier.html

Meeting Tony Leung @ Calibre de Cartier Shanghai Party

I'm really really honoured and lucky to meet 2 of my favourite popstars these few weeks in Shanghai, one is Lee Hom Wang and the other one is...TONY LEUNG梁朝偉!!!! Thx Cartier for inviting us to the Calibre de Cartier Shanghai Party last week and got the chance to meet this not just Asia but International Popstar!

Though I've met him many years ago at Louis Vuitton Pacific Place Store Opening, I still feel very nervous and exciting, and this time I sit very close to him which makes my heart keeps on beating heavily and heavily...

Tony was really really a very nice and casual guy and he was really funny in answering the questions. All the Hong Kong media were having a great time with him. I guess many of us including did want to take a photo with him, hehee...

Safran

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 11:32 pm    Post subject:

Dear Info

Thank you very much for translating the Q&A - and for posting the blogger´s exciting experience - with fotos

Friendly Greetings !
Helga
Eri

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 5:53 am    Post subject:

Thanks for the photos.

I like Tony's Casual fashion especially camel loafers very much.
They look very nice on bare feet. Very Happy

Personally I like wearing something like those myself. (I am NOT a High-heeled shoes person. Laughing )
In The Mood For Leung

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 5:17 pm    Post subject:

Blogger calls/identifies TL as a "popstar" heh heh...
Sweet but I don't think so...
TL is an actor - as Brando , Olivier, Cotten were actors.

And popstars are not necessarily actors. But I digress...

Thanks for the articles and pics. Is Idol wearing Burberry? Smile
Tony

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 8:50 pm    Post subject:

dries van noten , in the mood : )
In The Mood For Leung

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 9:16 pm    Post subject:

Thanks Idol Very Happy
Yuka

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 2:24 am    Post subject:

Looking very very very chic… !
But
LOVE Tony’s Smile Smile smile Smile Smile than designer clothes or a wristwatch.

Thank you Info for your translation!! I always find the notion of time interesting.

Yuka Waving
Safran

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 4:57 am    Post subject:

Dear Yuka - I absolutely agree with you Wink
Tony´s smile is unique, charming and natural Smile (This smile is the essence, the secret of that Ads)

Have a nice weekend !Waving
Helga
katwoman64

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 10:46 am    Post subject:

Hi Tony.
thanks Info.

Everything very chic and well balnced answers. Compliments!

In the end, we tend to forget that the scope for a watch is... to tell us the time. Thanks Tony to have rememberd that to us buyers.

... me? Oh, hub and daughter have Rolex, the snobs. I have a thin gold fifties Zentih and use Swatch for everyday life. So that I can keep it on under tha shower or while home cleaning.

Kiss
Kat

Sadako Sasaki
katwoman64

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 11:32 am    Post subject:

oops
maybe I wasn't clear: in recent years I wondered if I could ask the new watches if they can prepare me a cup coffee or squeeze a glass of orange juyce...

... They were so ugly and complicated!

So yes, I agree with Tony: watches have to sign the time. They have to be robust and compact if you have a very active life or thin and light in more social occasions, but in the end they have to be simple, readable and tell us just... the tiime.

Nighty Night
M

Sadako Sasaki
mary

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 9:25 pm    Post subject:

To Info

Thank you for the photo and translating Tony's interview, fantastic. All he had to say was interesting. He always appears to be the perfect gentleman and answers all types of questions honestly.

Tony as always looks great, no matter what he wears.
As Yuka said love Tony's smile....it speaks more than designer clothes and designer watches.

I always need to know the time, especially when working couldn't do without my watch.
When at home never wear a watch but the clock or mobile phone are always at hand.

I have some watches all are inexpensive definately no designer gear for me.

Best wishes...mary.
   www.tonyleung.info Forum Index -> Tony Leung Articles All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: