TONYLEUNG.INFO
THIS IS AN ARCHIVAL DISCUSSION BOARD (2003-2012)

THIS IS AN ARCHIVAL DISCUSSION BOARD (2003-2012)
CLICK HERE TO GO TO THE NEW BOARD
CLICK HERE TO GO TO THE NEW BOARD

Still on our tropical island ?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

www.tonyleung.info Forum Index -> Get to know each other
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Safran

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 12:08 am    Post subject: Still on our tropical island ?

What´s the matter with you girls ? Are you still on our tropical island - dreaming........?

I am back in frosty Europe again - and did change our warm imaginary location with another - cinema.
This week "Queer movies": "Milk" by Gus van Sant and "Hollywood, je t´aime" by Jason Bushman.......and - at this moment - listening to Jacky Cheung´s beautiful "Black and White" CD´s from 2004 (I recommend for Romantic´s)
Keep on dreaming girls - and enjoy !

See you later (if you return)
Helga
marsha

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 2:52 pm    Post subject:

Ha!!ha!ha! Hi Saf! I haven't written any post since New Year, kind a busy at work but of course I can't pass a day without looking at our favorite website. I am happy that you are always there to "wake us up " he..he..

The Chinese New Year is fast approaching. I am quite excited about it because of the Chinese Film Festival that will be held as part of the Chinese New Year celebration here in Manila, Philippines. It will be held on February 3-9, 2010 at the Shang Cineplex, Shangri-la Mall.

Let's enjoy our movie watching days!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 4:37 pm    Post subject:

Hi Helga,

I am back in cold Europe as well Wink I've been keeping busy with preparations for the move to Rome...trying to find an apartment Confused

Watched the 'The Road' yesterday with Viggo Mortenson. It was good, but VERY sad. I pretty much cried the whole time. But I guess that is to be expected since it's about a father and son trying to survive in a post apocalyptic world, not to mention cannibalism.

I also saw 'Up in the Air' last week....highly recommended. Jason Rietman is an amazing story teller. His always finds that perfect balance between humor and serious heartfelt moments in this movies.

Ciao for now,

Mol
Safran

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 11:35 pm    Post subject:

Wecome back Marsha and Mangosteen !

Hi Mol,
You are moving to Rome soon ? Maybe katwoman can give you some good advices where to search for an apartement best.

Hi Marsha,
Chinese Film Festival in Manila - sounds great ! Will you attend and watch some films too? If yes, please give us some reports - I am always curious for new Asian productions.

8 30 h in the morning, sunny, - 9 °C, white roarfrost on trees and snow on the ground ........brrrrrrrrrr

Friendly Greetings
Helga

Last edited by Safran on Mon Feb 01, 2010 1:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Yuka

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 7:54 am    Post subject:

Hello everyone,
I’ve been busy working overtime…Sometimes I don’t have time to eat lunch. But it doesn’t mean it makes me slim. (ha ha)
So no time to dream about tropical islands..

I saw 4 different Tony(!!!!) in” The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus,” by Terry Gilliam.
Surprised to find Andrew Garfield and Tom Waits in the movie.
If any of you watched ”BOY A” directed by John Crowley(a very good film , good script) A. Garfield played the main role.
T. Gilliam’s latest work was easy to understand compared to his earlier works such as Baron, but still my most favorite Gilliam film is “Brazil” Very Happy
This is British and Canadian production. My friend who used to live in Canada noticed that actual building (university library?)
was used for dining scene . May be some of you may have noticed it ??
I’m looking forward to watching “Frozen River” by Courtney Hunt, as well as “Up in the Air.”

Hi Helga,
I went to see art exhibition called “NO MAN’S LAND” held at the previous French Embassy offices in Tokyo before their destruction.(New building is already constructed) All fields of creation such as arts, design and fashion etc. by French and Japanese artists are invading all the spaces both inside and outside of remaining buildings; offices, corridors, bathrooms, basement and gardens etc. They’re really unique and offered for free.
I enjoyed this exhibition so much than any other movies or stage plays I watched during this month. May be more imaginative than Gilliam’s. Wink
I’d like to applause ambassador’s decision to giving opportunities to the artists. Unfortunately, this exhibition will be closed at the end of Jan.
I’m 120% sure your daughter will love it. So sorry she couldn’t come to Japan one month earlier !!!!!!!
I’ll send you some funny pictures, later.
http://www.ambafrance-jp.org/spip.php?article3720
Have a nice weekend !
Safran

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 11:07 am    Post subject:

Hello again, dear busy Yuko -

(Even no time for imaginary holidays on a tropical island must be against human rights ! )

To Gilliams "Doctor Parnassus" : Why 4 "Tony´s" ´?(so well acted by Ledger/Depp/Law and Farell ?) I have not seen already, but bewonder Gilliams creative idea how to continue after Ledger´s suddenly death - and - the spontanous help of so famous actors.
Reading your movie schedule, I have to catch up a lot .

Thanks for the link of "No Man´s Land" Fortunately the exhibition is prolongated "jusque´au 18 fevrier 2010 " ! I will send it to Therese -
perhaps you meet there ??? ( Looking forward to your pictures )
Thank you for this sensitive tip !

Wish you a pleasant, relaxing (movie ?) - weekend ;)
Helga
suellen

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 2:34 pm    Post subject:

Hi ladies,

Yuka - When I watch the"Imaginarium" I will back to you about the scenes from Toronto locations...not planning to see anytime soon even though that director is a favorite of my husband's.

All - an organization wants to do a documentary - one day of shooting - on my family - so i am busy with this and other emergencies...

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 3:38 pm    Post subject:

Best Wishes and Good Luck, Suellen !

Helga
Yuka

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 5:16 pm    Post subject:

Hello Helga ,Suellen and everyone,

Safran wrote:

To Gilliams "Doctor Parnassus" : Why 4 "Tony´s" ´?(so well acted by Ledger/Depp/Law and Farell ?)

Four of them are playing a role called Tony. Wink
Thank you, Suellen. May be it’s in Vancouver??

Quote:
Thanks for the link of "No Man´s Land" Fortunately the exhibition is prolongated "jusque´au 18 fevrier 2010 " !

OH! I’m so glad to know No Man’s Land is extended until Feb.18
I think many people are visiting there than expected! May be better to avoid weekends.
I heard there’s a long line of people waiting to enter.

Yuka
katwoman64

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 10:46 am    Post subject:

Sorry Mol,
I didn't know you are relocating here.
Let me know by pm if you have family and where your (or your husband's) office will be.
Rome is always a disaster about traffic, so it will be useful to identify a zone, or if there are means to get there. Then I can ask around.

Oh gosh, I will be so pleased to get to meet you!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is really great!

Gotta go. Bye
Kiss
Running Mimma

Sadako Sasaki
marsha

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 3:37 pm    Post subject:

Hi Everyone! Yes Saf. I will be attending the Chinese Spring Film Festival. I made up my mind to come this Friday. Actually, the films that will be part of the program are only four and quite old already. The organizers will be showing In Love We Trust, Cape No. 7, The World and Seventeen Years. I have a feeling these movies are really good. I am excited to see all of them.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 11:24 am    Post subject:

Hi Kat,

I am so excited to meet you too!! I'll send you an email when I get into town. I should be there in about 3 weeks.

I found a temporary furnished apartment to live for a few months. This will give us time to look for a more permanent place later.

See you soon!!

Mol
katwoman64

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 5:07 am    Post subject:

Hi Girls,
Mol, ok, lets see what your needs are and we'll try to find something.

I CAN'T WAIT TOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Ciao
Mimma

Sadako Sasaki
Safran

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 8:49 am    Post subject:

Dear Marsha, Kat and Mol

Marsha,
All 4 films you mentioned seem to be very interesting and good ( I investigated a little on internet movie sites )
- Wish you a pleasant and exciting time in Manila !

Kat and Mol,
Two faithful Tony Fans - meeting in Roma in a few weeks ! This Forum brings
us together - is´t it remarkable ?
Wish you a successful moving Mol !

Good Luck
Helga
katwoman64

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 9:05 am    Post subject:

Hi Helga
sorry if I deserted your nice tropical island.
Partly I was busy, but mostly I have Tony on my mind and gave (for my habits) revolutionary high fat containts northern Italy recipes.

Maybe you can try some of the salted ones too (I know you're not very fond of sweets)?

Polenta with mushrooms or with pork ragù are the most contained of the lot, so I think they are viable.

I miss you friend,
hope I can meet with you too, soon.

Big Hug & Kiss
Mimma

Sadako Sasaki
   www.tonyleung.info Forum Index -> Get to know each other All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: