TONYLEUNG.INFO
THIS IS AN ARCHIVAL DISCUSSION BOARD (2003-2012)

THIS IS AN ARCHIVAL DISCUSSION BOARD (2003-2012)
CLICK HERE TO GO TO THE NEW BOARD
CLICK HERE TO GO TO THE NEW BOARD

An Austrian TLCW-fan in Hongkong - Part 3

www.tonyleung.info Forum Index -> Tony Leung Miscellaneous
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Safran

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2011 6:00 am    Post subject: An Austrian TLCW-fan in Hongkong - Part 3

June, 26 th - Culinaric highlights and Hong Kong Island ´s southern coast

After a more or less sleepless night (my brain had to digest a lot) - waking up with a japanese roommate next to me – was another nice new experience in my life.. Eri was mostly busy working already on her little travel- notebook ,when I trudged out of my bed.
Morning toilet and cross-cultural sharing the ample bathroom, works perfect - followed by my senseless reflections which lighter dress I could take against my sweat- attacks …....
We dwell a roomy bright chamber - next to Masako and Anny´s - who came to gather , when ready to go.
A short conference of my 3 experienced japanese friends ( using a japanese restaurant-guide ) to choose a typical Chinese restaurant for our breakfast - not very far from our hotel -practically.
We left the cool conditioned air of the hotel - to dive into the humid HK heat again – ready for next ventures .

My first breakfast in Hong Kong: The traditional Chinese Restaurant „ The Sweet Dynasty“ was a very good choice . The reception downstairs - you possibly have to wait a little - till you get a free table upstairs. A huge agreeably cooled dining room – in pleasant atmosphere – many guests, busy working waitresses......I am totally overchallenged by the huge variety on the menue... but with the kind help and comprehension of my friends, we ordered some delicate dishes. (Tea is served over and over ) The chopsticks only - no, my clumsy fingers - made some problems ….. we all enjoyed this rich breakfast.

After this joyful beginning the day, we took the Ferry again to „Central“ - then the bus to „Stanley“ (situted on southcoast of HK Island) As already mentioned, the bus-drivers feel like „little Schuhmachers“.....but they seem to know their job well.
We visited „Stanley Market“ - and later „Stanley Beach“. Lots of families spending the Sunday together - milling ....some old english Pubs and pavement-cafés, hotels......and a wonderful view around.
We visited the „Maritime Museum“ (for interest - and aircondition) in historic Murray House (former located in Central (?) and later originally rebuilt here) with an wonderful old wooden Pier.....

Taking the bus again, we reach our next destination: „Repulse Bay“ - a beautiful bay - with an bold and dominating high-rise hotel komplex in front of the green mountains.
Barefoot we tested the water temperature und walked along the beach to the nearby buddhist Temple. Inside placed a shop – outside colourful buddhist figures/symbols ..... A big yellow fish with open mouth to pitchfork a coin into it – is said to bring luck. Anny tried and managed !

Meanwhile I was soaked with sweat again - and brave Masako got some grains of sand into her shoes , which rubbed her heels sore – certainly very painful, but she did not moan. Eri and Anny have better condition. We took comfort from the fact to visit a „Tony-related“ highlight this afternoon:
The impressing shooting location for Ang Lee´s „Lust, Caution“ 2007 - ( first meeting/dining of Mr.. Yee and „Mrs. Mak“in a restaurant )
„ The Verandah“ Restaurant.: A beautiful renovated low building from colonial period – amid a tropical parc with breathtaking seaview.
We had to reservate a table to have a „High Tea„ later.. The idle time we spent in a cosy little cafe – cause we all were tired, needed a rest and something to drink.
Later we went back to enjoy „High Tea“- like in olden days. The atmosphere elegant and noble - without being rigid or stiff.. An attentive and friendly service, silver cutlery and tea-set ......and the served savouries delicious, light and fresh (from sweet to fruity and salty.) I guess we all felt like in an old movie.

Back in present, we took the bus again - passing beautiful „Deep Water Bay)- to Central – and with the Ferry to Kowloon – to our hotel to refresh. ( Please note: shortened to one sentence – haha)

Eri always kept the contact to Chinese Forum-concerned HK-fans – and coordinated our dates. (She definitely had the hardest job from all of us four - we appreciate !) Howsoever, we still did not know whether or when a meeting with our busy idol and „Birthday-boy“ would probably take place – and tomorrow his birthday !

Plan for this evening: A dinner with two more travelled fellow fans. I am looking forward to meet our faithful Indonesian fellow, Cisca. After we met, we first watched the nocturnal „Laser Show“ - an visual and acoustical presentation of important buildings along „Victoria Harbour“ Afterwards we walked along the „Avenue of Stars“ - on harbour promenade - to see Tony´s hand print.
Arriving there: Guess who is on the video-wall at this very moment ? Tony, our idol ! – showing him in a former award-ceremony !!! ( The third lucky coincidence in context with Tony since my departure…..but I am not superstitious at all -)
Though in a bustling throng - and our cheerfully chattering , I recognized the stars of Jacky Cheung....Jackie Chan.....Tony Leung Kar-fai..... Leslie Cheung ( with flowers).......Carina Lau......and many more ....and finally our dear idol´s star too of course - where we finished our walk.

Later this evening – we all together had an excellent dinner at „Chuk Yuen Seafood Restaurant“ .
A culinary feast again - some excellent and light seafood dishes in various kinds of preparations..... and very tasty every single one.
(BTW : Since this day , I am confinced : Hong Kong is definitely the World´s Culinaric Capital ! )

Before we said goodbye to return to our hotels, we all fixed to meet us immediatly in TL-Forum again - still before midnight - to start the „BD- Countdown for Tony“ this year again.

And so we did – as you can look up !

............to be continued Wink

Last edited by Safran on Sun Jul 17, 2011 3:26 am; edited 1 time in total
Eri

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2011 7:09 am    Post subject:

Dear Helga,

Thanks again for your report on the 2nd day.
I just add;
After the count down, just after midnight, we actually sung "Happy Birthday" for Dear Tony in our hotel room, Laughing before we happily said good night to each other.
Safran

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2011 7:31 am    Post subject:

Shame on me - how could I forget our birthday-choir scratch !
Thank you Eri ! Giving a kiss
(.... 2nd day......so much for "shorten" Wink )

Have a beautiful weekend !
francisc4

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2011 9:56 am    Post subject:

Dear Helga,

Thank you so much for sharing your HK report. thumbright

Too bad I can't join u all for the B-Day choir, but I was manage to join the B-Day Countdown for Tony in TL-Forum at my hotel. Computer

BTW did u buy the 10th Anniversary Happy Together 6 in 1 Limited Edition Boxset in the shop at Avenue of the Stars? Very Happy

Cheers,
Cisca
Safran

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2011 12:00 pm    Post subject:

Hi Cisca !

Yes, fine you could manage to reach your hotel at the right time, to join our traditionell BD-countdown for Tony Smile

No, I did not Sad ........ but bought the "Zero Degree" DVD later.

Best regards dear HK-fellow -
Helga
In The Mood For Leung

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2011 2:32 pm    Post subject:

What a wonderful Hongkong holiday you guys had!

Thanks Helga and Eri for sharing Smile
sparkles_n15

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2011 2:34 pm    Post subject:

Great report on the second day!

Do you mind taking me with you next time when you do touristy things? I never have much of a good experience in HK. I don't even think I've seen the laser show! It's hard when you're neither a tourist and not quite a local. Razz

BTW, I'm only impatient because little birdies have leaked out the highlights of the 'good' parts already. Hehe.
Eri

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 2:47 am    Post subject:

Dear Jenny,

Why don't you take a look at Japanese guide books on HK, next time you come to Japan. There are some interesting places even local people usually don't go, as well as very typical tourists' attractions.

Laughing
Safran

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 3:22 am    Post subject:

Thank you, dear guys ! Smile
Recalling that memorable days is joyful ........hope to "come back" to HK - somewhen - maybe you´ll join next time ?

Sentimental Helga Wink
francisc4

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 8:53 am    Post subject:

Dear Jenny,

What Helga's mean by "Laser Show along Victoria Harbour" is "A Symphony of Lights" show, which featuring more than 40 HK's skyscrapers in a stunning multimedia extravaganza. The show creates an all-round vision of color lights, laser beams and searchlights performing a stunning, unforgettable spectacle synchronize to music and narration that celebrates the energy, spirit and diversity of HK. thumbright

U can check it at this website =

http://www.tourism.gov.hk/symphony/eindex.html

BTW next time if u want to go to HK again, i recommend u to check the Official Travel Guide from HK Tourism Board. This is the link =

http://www.discoverhongkong.com/eng/index.html

Cheers,
Cisca Very Happy
Jamaica

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 4:01 pm    Post subject:

Bravo! Another wonderful installment of the HK Adventure. Thanks so much for sharing! Very Happy

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 5:49 pm    Post subject:

Dear Eri, Helga and Cisca,

I'm not adventurous at all when I'm in HK. On an average day I rarely make it off HK Island, much less travel all the way to Central from Chai Wan. Next time for sure I'll employ proper tour guides to take me around. Razz
   www.tonyleung.info Forum Index -> Tony Leung Miscellaneous All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: