TONYLEUNG.INFO
THIS IS AN ARCHIVAL DISCUSSION BOARD (2003-2012)

THIS IS AN ARCHIVAL DISCUSSION BOARD (2003-2012)
CLICK HERE TO GO TO THE NEW BOARD
CLICK HERE TO GO TO THE NEW BOARD

An Austrian in Hongkong - part 1

www.tonyleung.info Forum Index -> Tony Leung Miscellaneous
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Safran

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 6:12 am    Post subject: An Austrian in Hongkong - part 1

Dear friends , travelling companions, faciliators and interested fellow fans !

Here I am - with my promised but belated „Hongkong- Report“ ( more a try to share my HK experiences and memories with you )
Please apologize my poor english with many mistakes... and my lack of writer-qualities.
Those, who were present, please excuse errors and omissions...... you are welcome to add and corrigate !
I probably misunderstood or mixed up some dates and facts - determined of temporary „blackouts“
(upset from humide heat and excitement.....; ) - and my already senile becoming brain.

My much longed for trip to Hongkong was ultimately a very short-termed and spontanous decision . When I heard some friends and fellow-fans plan a trip to HK, and will meet there the week around Tony´s birthday, I first rejected (with a heavy heart) cause I had to meet family responsibilities.
A few days later – time is getting short already, I found a solution – and a window of opportunity ! (Have to thank my dear understanding husband and my family from all of my heart )

With very kind and helpful support of my HK-experienced Japanese friends , I ventured.
Cherishing the hope to meet Tony for the first time eventually - (after an unlucky try 2009 in Tokyo), I dared to send a pm to our busy idol (with our time-frame 25. - 29. of June) and ask him for a meeting. Though his very tight schedule this year, Tony friendly and honestly answered: „ can´t promise, but I´ll try my best ~ „
Anyway – I am looking forward to realize a dream – visiting Hongkong, Tony´s exciting hometown ( seen in many films...) meeting friends and kindred spirits......and maybe ... „Who knows“ ? !
Busy last necessary preparations and arrangements.....packing bags...wonderful excitement and “Holiday fever“........And here we go !

Short and precise:
On 23rd of June I started my voyage in my little hometown – 4 hours with train to Vienna and spending the night in my daughters flat-sharing student-comunity ( reviving nice memories of my youth )
On 24th morning: Departure from Vienna Airport – via Frankfurt/D – already very „Asian“ with Cathay Pacific (what a coincidence: „Infernal Affaires 2“ on TV ) – to Hongkong/ Lantau
Arrival on HK Airport on Lantau on 25 th of June – in the morning. (time difference + 6 hours)

At the latest here, I gratefully acknowledge the helpful tips and advices of my Japanese friends …...bought the „Octopus-card“ and took the „Airport Express“ to Kowloon .
Still in airconditioned surrounding....I curiously watched the landscape outside – the South-Chinese Sea, little islands on the horizon...green, tropical hills.... first high-rise buildings, first industrial harbour scenes.......and - how surprising- inside the AEL: WKW in an old interview on the screen – had to lol. A good sign – This is the place to be !

…...to be continued ; )
lishan627

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 6:47 am    Post subject:

Hi Helga~
I just travelled to Hong Kong recently too~back in May haha~

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 10:11 am    Post subject:

Cliffhanger!.... Last minute decisions are always the best...follow the heart, not the head.....WKW on screen...is that a another positive sign???
Can't wait to read the next episode Smile....thank you Helga for sharing your travelreport with us....

Kind regards

Zeefje
Eri

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 3:03 pm    Post subject:

Helga,

Good to read about your brave decision and efforts you made which I understood very well. It is exciting report even before you arrive at the hotel. Very Happy
Jamaica

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 7:53 pm    Post subject:

Helga, enjoying your story very much! How exciting that you made this trip! Looking forward to hearing the rest. Very Happy
   www.tonyleung.info Forum Index -> Tony Leung Miscellaneous All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: