TONYLEUNG.INFO
THIS IS AN ARCHIVAL DISCUSSION BOARD (2003-2012)

THIS IS AN ARCHIVAL DISCUSSION BOARD (2003-2012)
CLICK HERE TO GO TO THE NEW BOARD
CLICK HERE TO GO TO THE NEW BOARD

Hero

www.tonyleung.info Forum Index -> Tony Leung Movies
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tony Obsessed

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 9:13 am    Post subject: Hero

Could anyone possibly tell me where this song of Tony's http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FVtbrgIiXkU comes into the movie? Is it played during the end credits? I have seen the film, but it was a long time ago and I don't remember the song in there. Confused
anny

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 11:32 pm    Post subject:

Hi Tony Obsessed,
I think that this song isn't played during the end credits.
This song is in Tony's CD album ''風沙’’ Wind&Sand.
http://www.yesasia.com/global/wind-sand/1002445395-0-0-0-en/info.html
http://www.yesasia.com/global/wind-sand-reissue-version/1004103640-0-0-0-en/info.html

anny
Tony Obsessed

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 2:01 am    Post subject:

I know this song definitely comes into the film somewhere as it says "Hero OST" on the YouTube link and there's also clips of the movie in the video. Does anyone know where it comes into the context of the story? If I'm not mistaken isn't the title of this song Wind and Sand? (the same as Tony's most recent album that it's from)
anny

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 3:24 am    Post subject:

I have ''Hero OST'' and Tony's CD album ''風沙’’Wind and Sand.
But this song isn't in my OST and in the movie.
I heard that this song was inspired by the movie,and it was made.
''Hero OST'' on the Youtube is same as vcd in CD album.

anny
Tony Obsessed

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 7:12 am    Post subject:

Tony Obsessed wrote:
If I'm not mistaken isn't the title of this song Wind and Sand? (the same as Tony's most recent album that it's from)

Is it right that the title of this song is Feng Sha? That's what another YouTube link of the video says.
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=l_a0XaEx9EI&
Tony Obsessed

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 1:39 am    Post subject:

For anyone in the UK interested in seeing Hero it will be on Film 4 at 9pm on Tuesday 28th October. I will be watching it again for the opportunity to drool over Tony as Broken Sword! In Love
Tony Obsessed

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 4:17 am    Post subject:

I've just started watching this film on DVD again after buying it and an loving it a lot more than when I first saw it a few years ago. Tony's performance as Broken Sword is amazing and he looks pretty damn hot as well! *swoons* love . In the scene where he's with Maggie and crying are his tears real? It looks like it to me and from what I hear Tony has cried in other movies as well. He is, of course, a hugely talented actor so I imagine he is.
Tony Obsessed

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 12:39 pm    Post subject:

I've finished this film now and enjoyed it. Was anyone else nearly crying when Broken Sword died at the end? I found it really poignant. For that matter, I feel the same about any film where Tony dies, especially Infernal Affairs. Anyway, an excellent performance from Mr. Leung (even though he is somewhat sidelined by Jet Li) and I disliked Maggie for being so heartless as to kill her lover, just because he talked Nameless out of killing the Emperor. I hope I don't get flak for this, but I still feel personally that House of Flying Daggers is Zhang Yimou's best martial arts film, when compared to this one. Here is a brilliant quote from the BBC review of this film http://www.bbc.co.uk/films/2004/09/17/hero_2004_review.shtml, regarding Tony, which I feel is very fitting.
Quote:
Infernal Affairs star Tony Leung gives subtle variations on the same character. His face reflects decency, jealousy, sorrow and self-sacrifice with such truth, the subtitles aren't really necessary.
katwoman64

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 6:21 am    Post subject:

Hi Eve
I don't think that there is a living woman who watched the film and didn't feel empathy for Moon when, at the end of the red segment, laughs in the face of Snow and says: "You did a really stupid thing!"
Round the end I wanted to cry.
And to wring Snow's neck!
Kisses
Kat
D-love

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 12:25 pm    Post subject:

I thought His performance in Flowers of Shanghi was gorgeous. But my favorite is Cyclo beautiful self distruction. Applause
   www.tonyleung.info Forum Index -> Tony Leung Movies All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: