TONYLEUNG.INFO
THIS IS AN ARCHIVAL DISCUSSION BOARD (2003-2012)

THIS IS AN ARCHIVAL DISCUSSION BOARD (2003-2012)
CLICK HERE TO GO TO THE NEW BOARD
CLICK HERE TO GO TO THE NEW BOARD

problems of Tony's past

www.tonyleung.info Forum Index -> Tony Leung Miscellaneous
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kerilyn

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 8:15 pm    Post subject: problems of Tony's past

Where can I get an article which mentioned Tony stating he had slipped into an alcohol/drug problem?
I read it on the Bio here, but then I went to forum on another site where someone disputed the drug part but then admitted Tony's lapse into alcohol... Sad can I get a source?

Last edited by Kerilyn on Fri Nov 24, 2006 7:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
zephyr

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2006 1:42 am    Post subject: Re: drugs and alcohol?

Kerilyn wrote:
Where can I get an article which mentioned Tony stating he had slipped into an alcohol/drug problem?
I read it on the Bio here, but then I went to forum on another site where someone disputed the drug part but then admitted Tony's lapse into alcohol... Sad can I get a source?

As far as I knew, Tony never has a drug problem. However, he lapsed into alcohol in 80s because the work pressure made Tony lose himself.
greenlily_62762

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2006 4:51 pm    Post subject:

yea he was a major alcholic during that time, and I think he still smokes.
Info

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 3:00 am    Post subject:

Tony quits smoking a few years ago. He still likes to drink though, at a managable level.
Kerilyn

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 7:32 pm    Post subject:

Is there an article or video where he says this?
tear

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 5:40 am    Post subject: Re: drugs and alcohol?

Kerilyn wrote:

I remember Tony ever said :"Carina said to me:U are my atmosphere
so I give up smoking,because I want to give her a clean air .Her health is very important for me.

how touching....

The world always makes way for the dreamer
Looney Tune

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 2:32 am    Post subject: Re: drugs and alcohol?

tear wrote:
Kerilyn wrote:

I remember Tony ever said :"Carina said to me:U are my atmosphere
so I give up smoking,because I want to give her a clean air .Her health is very important for me.

how touching....

Oooh.....so sweet. He really said that? What a man.....

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 3:40 pm    Post subject: Smoking

In films his characters still smoke. But I don't find hipocracy in it. My mom has quit smoking the way she used to, but she still needs her one cigarret in the morning with her coffee. Going from 2 packs a day. Adding another layer to the roll he's playing, but a smoke free zone at home is commendable. thats what my mom did when my daughter was born. Raising the level of trust and respect in the relationship.How cool is that Very Happy .

D-love

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 8:00 am    Post subject:

Hi,

I just re-read this thread... when I lived in Okinawa, I would be heartbroken to see free containers of American cigarettes on the tops of video game machines in the arcades... these young kids were lured into this bad habit. cussing Devious tobacco industry!!

But, I'm glad Tony quit smoking... he has such a lovely speaking and singing voice... I'd hate to hear him lose it due to cigarettes, and the smoke prematurely ages the skin on the face. (Although, I'm sure Tony would still look fantastic with wrinkles here and there... heh heh)

I work in the radio industry... and can never understand why there are so many smokers who use their voices as their livelihoods... by the time they're 40, they sound like sand paper! I think it's crazy. One good thing about radio, though, you don't have to look like a super model. Ha Ha.

I'm happy to read that D-love's mom cut down to a cigarette a day... well, it shows she loves her granddaughter. But, she just added years to her life... so now she'll be able to see the baby grow up, get married and have babies of her own. Very Happy

And as far as the drinking... unless you are an alcoholic and it's uncontrollable... I can't see how you CAN'T drink. Well, maybe that's my Italian roots... gotta have the wine with the family dinner. I know Tony likes champagne, but I'd love to introduce Tony to Asti... Italian champagne so to speak... much better in my opinion. Wink

-K

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 8:38 am    Post subject:

Pungyo wrote:
Hi,

I just re-read this thread... when I lived in Okinawa, I would be heartbroken to see free containers of American cigarettes on the tops of video game machines in the arcades... these young kids were lured into this bad habit. cussing Devious tobacco industry!!

But, I'm glad Tony quit smoking... he has such a lovely speaking and singing voice... I'd hate to hear him lose it due to cigarettes, and the smoke prematurely ages the skin on the face. (Although, I'm sure Tony would still look fantastic with wrinkles here and there... heh heh)

I work in the radio industry... and can never understand why there are so many smokers who use their voices as their livelihoods... by the time they're 40, they sound like sand paper! I think it's crazy. One good thing about radio, though, you don't have to look like a super model. Ha Ha.

I'm happy to read that D-love's mom cut down to a cigarette a day... well, it shows she loves her granddaughter. But, she just added years to her life... so now she'll be able to see the baby grow up, get married and have babies of her own. Very Happy

And as far as the drinking... unless you are an alcoholic and it's uncontrollable... I can't see how you CAN'T drink. Well, maybe that's my Italian roots... gotta have the wine with the family dinner. I know Tony likes champagne, but I'd love to introduce Tony to Asti... Italian champagne so to speak... much better in my opinion. Wink

-K

I prefer Asti to Champagne myself. I do like my drinks too....hee hee Wink

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 10:07 am    Post subject:

Ah, Looney Tune, you're a person after my own heart! Very Happy

Actually, I was just introduced to something called a Bellini... it sounds a bit stronger than what it actually is... Champagne, mixed with a white zinfandel, mixed with a bit of peach schnapps and pureed peaches. Oh my Gosh!!! Deeeeeelish!! It has the bubbles from the champagne, it's cool and sweet... and it's PINK! My favorite color! Laughing

It's a real girly drink, but it really is good. I think they sell a mix in a bottle... you just add the champagne and white zin. I wonder if they would sell it in your city... I know it's hard to come by here... my friend goes all the way down to Delaware to find it.

-K

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 2:03 am    Post subject:

Pungyo wrote:
Ah, Looney Tune, you're a person after my own heart! Very Happy

Actually, I was just introduced to something called a Bellini... it sounds a bit stronger than what it actually is... Champagne, mixed with a white zinfandel, mixed with a bit of peach schnapps and pureed peaches. Oh my Gosh!!! Deeeeeelish!! It has the bubbles from the champagne, it's cool and sweet... and it's PINK! My favorite color! Laughing

It's a real girly drink, but it really is good. I think they sell a mix in a bottle... you just add the champagne and white zin. I wonder if they would sell it in your city... I know it's hard to come by here... my friend goes all the way down to Delaware to find it.

-K

I've seen Bellini somewhere, but couldn't remember where. It is a pretty pink colour Very Happy I don't usually go for 'mix in a bottle" so I've not tried it yet. Will look out for it if they sell it in Shanghai.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 9:06 am    Post subject: Re: drugs and alcohol?

zephyr wrote:

However, he lapsed into alcohol in 80s

Was his rough childhood with his father also partially responsible for his drinking problem years ago? I'm just curious...
Tony Obsessed

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 8:37 am    Post subject:

Reading the biography on the site, it seems that it was largely responsible for his problem and it also appears that Tony's relationship with Carina helped him get his life back on track again.
   www.tonyleung.info Forum Index -> Tony Leung Miscellaneous All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: