TONYLEUNG.INFO
THIS IS AN ARCHIVAL DISCUSSION BOARD (2003-2012)

THIS IS AN ARCHIVAL DISCUSSION BOARD (2003-2012)
CLICK HERE TO GO TO THE NEW BOARD
CLICK HERE TO GO TO THE NEW BOARD

A deffinate Oscar buzz !!!!!!

www.tonyleung.info Forum Index -> Movie Reviews by the fans / fanfics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
D-love

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 9:12 am    Post subject: A deffinate Oscar buzz !!!!!!

I must tell you. There has been very few times a movie has stuck with me long after I have left my seat at the theater, like this one had. I was merrily surprised to see soo many people in the theater. Considering it was a couple of days after it's original release, a mixed American audience, and it was the noon matinee thumbleft . I could'nt eat anything, but occationally sipped some water. Because the tension that Ang Lee skillfully infused in every sceen. The way Tony plays Mr. Yi is brilliant. You know for a fact that Mr. Yi has not bought her game from the moment she said hellow. That's why to me, Their first incounter had to be as raw as it was. Like a warning shot in the air (get out of here while I'm still amused by your game.) Tang Wai steps up to meet all of the challenges this role had called for. If where you live they have cut out any of the intamate sceens between Yi and Wong, then you will not get the full mind set of Yi. Mr. Yi as teacher prepearing Ms. Wong for her inevitable final exam. The unimaginable brutality she will face, if her deception is discovered by anyone other than himself. Not to give away any spoilers, but... Mr. Yi sits alone in the dark, ironicly what he has been avioding, and is embracing it. Not even his wife can pull him out of his self imposed darkness, to where she is, the true light that is right outside the door. What really stuck with me the most, is my cocern for Mr. Yi. Because I know what Mr. Yi does not. This is not his darkest hour. In only a few years the war will come to an end. And Mr. Yi will see how trully dark it will become, for him and all of those other collaborators who were forced or were willing pawns for the Japanees. Tony and Wai will deffinatly be nominated for their amazing work. I smell Oscar cheers for this one Tony.

D-love
   www.tonyleung.info Forum Index -> Movie Reviews by the fans / fanfics All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: