TONYLEUNG.INFO
Discuss Tony Leung with fellow fans!

Welcome to the Discussion Board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
  Log in to check your private messages Log in to check your private messages   
Click here to go to Archival Tony Board (2003-2012)

Operation HK 2018
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.tonyleung.info Forum Index -> Get to know each other
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Safran

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi yitian Very Happy
Many thanks for kindly posting the recipe and cooking guide.thumbright
I had never thought to be a sweet soup (sugar) !?
As soon as I get all ingrediences here, I''ll try (and report) Wink
Have a good day, both of you ! flower sunny
Tin-Yau

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 5:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Safran wrote:
Good evening from Austria Very Happy
I finally was searching for my HK map to follow your tracks...but unfortunately cannot find just right now Sad grrrrr ! ( although it probably will not be detailed enough )

Try google maps.

Safran wrote:
The streetscene you shot from the bus is very nice. You catched the lively atmosphere of the city....and it is always fun sitting upstairs front row Wink
Love the little temple-tiger too....looks like the "chief" there...cleaning his dishevelled fur blackeye Laughing
Very Happy Btw: Are there many street cats in Hongkong ? ( I cannot remember having seen at my visit )

Up front is a bus is fun, unless one gets car sick. Long time ago I went with a former cantonese teacher to Ngong Ping, suddenly she got pale as a wall and hurried out of the bus. Poor girl.
Street cats, no. Shop cats yes!

Safran wrote:
It's dinner time here...and watching the pork and rice-pic....I'm getting VERY hungry Razz ( the black seeame soup I do not know/cannot imagine the taste unfortunately Sad )

Ach Helga, somtimes I wish those resaturants would deliver to Germany, and of course Austria.
Tin-Yau

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 5:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yitian wrote:
You must have left unforgettable good impressions on them Very Happy .

Not sure what kind of impression I made. Laughing

yitian wrote:
I am very curious how HKer pronounces your name (to compare with mine Think Wink .

Oh that varies - a lot.

yitian wrote:
This is incredible!!! I imagine the weight of your suitcases during your trips from HK thumbright .

Sometimes, but there is always yesasia Wink

yitian wrote:
As for today's pics, I really feel I was taken to HK and see it with my own eyes again Very Happy . Thanks Giving a kiss .

Do you think the the tail of this temple tiger is extraordinarily big? One doesn't want to annoy it and get whacked by its tail Laughing . Wink

Oh that`s great. I totally forgot in the begining to ask you guy what you would like to see, now it`s too late.
A fighting temple tiger, haha.

yitian wrote:
If I remember correctly, just mix roasted grounded black sesame, roasted sticky rice flour and sugar in a bowl, then pour boiling water into the bowl while stirring and serve.... Very easy isn't it? Very Happy

Wow thanks a lot for the recipe! Will try as soon as I have the ingredients!
Giving a kiss
Tin-Yau

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 5:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Today I went quite around. After breakfast (no pic, you already know egg sandwich and milk tea) I hopped on a bus to Fanling to visit a temple I thought I never visited. But arriving at the bus station I knew I was wrong. Been here a few years ago.

Fung Ying Seen Koon, the most important Taoist temple in HK (that`s what my travel guidebook says - and yes I still use one Laughing )

Main hall from the side entrance

Main altar

Then I walked around a bit. Interesting old building.

Village which is still surrounded by a wall - of buildings

Main entrance. I can only read 3 characters. On the left the lower two mean dragon and mountain. On the right the last one is water. So no idea what the sings say.

I didn`t dare to go in Confused

Then bustrip again to Sha Tin
I had to visit the temple of tenthousand buddhas

I always admired that old building. Will it still be here when I (hopefully) come back one day? Confused

When I first came here in 2000 I think, it was a very quiet place, now it`s crowded and noisy all over. Far from a place of peace and quiet worship and prayers. Sad The pic was taken shortly before they close and I waited a while for the place to empty a bit.

Seriously? They need to hang notices like that on statues? WTF???
What are people doing in places like this. Do they think this is an amusement park? Mad
Looking around, some statues really are damaged, surveillance cameras everywhere.

On my way home, traffic jam at cross harbour tunnel. Upper deck, front seat again Wink

Also no pic from dinner, I had veggie Laksa, you know that already.

And my bib for tomorrow. Muscles are still a bit sore, we`ll see.
BUT I think running on the old Kai Tak runway should be motivation enough, though forecast says 25 degrees at 8am, race starts at 8.30am Shocked

yitian

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The first 2 pix look really nice. The 3rd has so much detail on the architect, and it maybe a library that belongs to a school love .

Tin-Yau wrote:
Main entrance. I can only read 3 characters. On the left the lower two mean dragon and mountain. On the right the last one is water.

Your score for the 3 characters is 100 thumbright Laughing
Below I try to translate the basic meaning of each character and see if you can get it
前(front)環(loop or surround)鳳(or鳯phoenix)水(water)
後(back)擁(hold or embrace)龍(dragon)山(mountain)
萬(ten thousands)象(appearance)維(maintain)新(new or fresh)
Here 萬象 means Everything or All. By the way, I love the angle of the shot.

About the the temple of ten thousand buddhas and the hanging notice, I am speachless Shocked rambo Brick wall . I believe nowadays there are lots of visitors belong to those who suddenly made rich but severely lacking proper education and moral standards evil . One bad egg spoils the entire dish. We live in a world that there are too many people in it. Guess the next best thing one can protect these statutes is to build a fence in front of them and mark “do not enter” (similar to your 2nd pic) d'oh! .

Have a good night sleep and good luck tomorrow Sleepy Pray sunny .

Last edited by yitian on Sun Apr 22, 2018 3:34 pm; edited 2 times in total
Tin-Yau

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 3:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yitian wrote:
The first 2 pix look really nice. The 3rd has so much detail on the architect, and it maybe a library that belongs to a school love .

Glad you like them!

yitian wrote:
Your score for the 3 characters is 100 thumbright Laughing
Below I try to translate the basic meaning of each character and see if you can get it
前(front)環(loop or surround)風(wind)水(water)
後(back)擁(hold or embrace)龍(dragon)山(mountain)
萬(ten thousands)象(appearance)維(maintain)新(new or fresh)
Here 萬象 means Everything or All; 風水 has entered the lexicon of English language as Feng Shui Very Happy
By the way, I love the angle of the shot.

I would never seen wind in the way that character is written! Shocked
Thanks for the translation! I`m sure it has a deeper meaning, which I probably won`t get. In front of that village is a pond. ...

yitian wrote:
About the the temple of ten thousand buddhas and the hanging notice, I am speachless Shocked rambo Brick wall . I believe nowadays there are lots of visitors belong to those who suddenly made rich but severely lacking proper education and moral standards evil . One bad egg spoils the entire dish. We live in a world that there are too many people in it. Guess the next best thing one can protect these statutes is to build a fence in front of them and mark “do not enter” (similar to your 2nd pic) d'oh! .

I see such people here in HK (NOT HKers!) every single day and do my best to avoid them, otherwise I might get agressive. Shooting They are loud, and so inconsiderate, they think the world belongs to them, I could cussing . And it`s not just one, it`s many.

yitian wrote:
Have a good night sleep and good luck tomorrow Sleepy Pray sunny .

Thanks Giving a kiss
Tin-Yau

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 3:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Today was raceday. And, oh boy, was it humid.

View from the cruise terminal towards Kowloon Bay. See the clouds? They brought drizzle.

At the upper deck

The run itself, when I was at about 1k I knew it would be tough, really tough. During the run I realized that I didn`t switch my cap and stupid me was running with a cotton cap, the heat below was sizzling hot. But I could finish, made only stops for water. No official result yet. Also according to my heart rate monitor it was not a full 10k. We`ll see.
My finisher medal

After a nice shower lunch. Garoupa with sweet corn and rice at Tak Chiu Kee in Sheund Wan.

And then of course something sweet. Coconut milk, grass jelly and sago

Then I went to Wah Fu. I didn`t want to walk much after the run because I was so tired.

On my way home

And right around the corner where I stay is my favorite congee shop, pick your favorite from the menue! Unfortunately it`s closed on sundays.

Tomorrow ... I`d like to do my first hike alone in almost 3 weeks. Let`s see if I can make it to Sunset Peak.
yitian

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats for another accomplishment! thumbleft Well deserved 2 medals for another good cause Applause . Hope you will have some good rest afterwards.

Tin-Yau wrote:
... I would never seen wind in the way that character is written! Shocked ...

OOOOOOps Embarassed Embarassed , I was not paying too much attention to the Chinese character as I was typing. Now you give me some serious research to do because I don't know this character either. Based on the content, my best guess this one would be a character for phoenix, traditionally written as 鳳. After asking my big Chinese dictionary and Google, 鳯 would be the same character. what's written on the wall is a character that doesn't exist Shocked . Possibly this was a mistake, or the locals gave a new name to the pond.

Thanks for the pix of misty HK. Guess you should have some congee tomorrow after hiking. Be aware of little dangerous creatures... take care and have fun... Very Happy
Safran

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2018 5:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Heike
Sorry for my silence.Embarassed We had an incredible hot weekend here (30°C in April !!! ....possibly hotter than in HK ? Wink)..Although a dry heat, the change from heating-period to summery heat ( Badewetter) within a few days was too quick ...and simply "knocking me out" Rolling Eyes
Nevertheless I really enjoyed watching all the
beautiful pics you shared with us. Very Happy
Cordial CONGRATS also to your successful second run.Very well done, Heike ! cheers
Wish you joyful next explorations and culinaric highlights
thumbleft love sunny flower Alien
See you ! Waving ( given I'm not melted )
Tin-Yau

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2018 6:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yitian wrote:
Congrats for another accomplishment! thumbleft Well deserved 2 medals for another good cause Applause . Hope you will have some good rest afterwards.

That`s one medal, front and back side.

yitian wrote:
OOOOOOps Embarassed Embarassed , I was not paying too much attention to the Chinese character as I was typing. Now you give me some serious research to do because I don't know this character either. Based on the content, my best guess this one would be a character for phoenix, traditionally written as 鳳. After asking my big Chinese dictionary and Google, 鳯 would be the same character. what's written on the wall is a character that doesn't exist Shocked . Possibly this was a mistake, or the locals gave a new name to the pond.

See, even for chinese speaking and reading people, chinese is hard to read/write. I`m familiar with the (printed) character for wind and at least I would have looked it up, to make sure. And a character that doesn`t exist - what a great discovery on a "just walking around" exploration!

yitian wrote:
Thanks for the pix of misty HK. Guess you should have some congee tomorrow after hiking. Be aware of little dangerous creatures... take care and have fun... Very Happy

Glad you like the pix!
Actually, I was invited for dinner at a friends place.
Will take care, thanks, but maybe you should tell THEM!
Tin-Yau

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2018 7:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Helga, good to hear from you!
Yes, my sister told me about the temps in Germany. It was 30 degrees in some areas today here but will be rainy and thunderstorms again tomorrow. I guess my "good bye" on wednesday will be a wet one. (As usual. Crying or Very sad )

I really hope you are at least a bit better now!
Forecast for minimun temperature for Germany says a low of 3 Shocked Shocked degrees on thursday.

Glad you like my pix!

Last edited by Tin-Yau on Mon Apr 23, 2018 7:42 am; edited 1 time in total
Tin-Yau

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2018 7:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Today was about the hottest day since I`m here and I used it to go hiking. My legs felt quite good in the morning after yesterday`s race, so why not.
I wanted to got from Pak Kung Au on Lantau to Sunset Peak and further to Mui Wo.
That`s how it started. Steps. And more steps. It took me 1hour and 6 minutes for the first 2km. Shocked
Yesterday I ran 9.4k in 1h 1min 25 seconds (time and distance are now confirmed).
This is a straight shot, you can imagine the incline.

Further up it got really humid. I found myself in the middle of clouds. That was spooky! Not a soul around. During today`s hike I`ve met about 6-8 people till I reached Mui Wo, pretty quiet.

Nice waterdrops on the grass

Here we are at Lantau Mountain Camp. Some of the huts are private owned, nice weekend hide away. The shacks can be traced back 90 years and have been built by foreign missionaries as bungalows in the 20s. According to oasistrek website.

Chek Lap Kok airport from above

Zoom in

Then I tried to go up Yi Tung San but the path got unclear and I didn`t want to go further, maybe another time.

That was the only wildlife I`ve seen. I`m quite sure many have seen me but kept hiding and that was good. I`ve seen a lizard hurrying out of my path, it was so quick I couldn`t even recognize it. Different shade of blue this time.

Another abandoned building

My workout for today. I need to eat, since I only had an egg sandwich for breakfast.

Pork chop curry with rice. Well deserved I`d say.

In the evening I was invited at a friends place.
Yummy satey, egg plant, and a especially spicy one for me Giving a kiss , fish with radish. All very delishious!

And yummy dessert

On my way back to my place

Safran

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2018 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Always astonished again about the huge variety and beauty of HK's environment flower.... and the numerous possibilities to explore Very Happy .
Watching the stone stairs upwards, I wonder how you managed after yesterday's run ! scratch Shocked Your physical condition is amazing, Heike salute
Somehow the pics of this higher regions/ Lantau mountain
reminds me a little of our "Almen" (alpine meadows ?)...in cool morning fog....haha. The great view is the best reward after the effort, I can imagine Very Happy
Your lunch and the mouthwatering selection of dishes for dinner look very delishes again Drool

Have a pleasant tuesday, tomorrow ...and ENJOY ! sunny
See you Waving
yitian

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2018 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So many beautiful pix again !! The blue dragon fly, old building looks like full of stories inside, quiet streets at night, and the mountains disappointing in the fog, etc etc etc Very Happy

As for the medal, I still would like to think you got 2, one for the start and the other for the finish line, for all your efforts thumbleft salute

Thanks for sharing these beauties with us. Enjoy another day sunny .
Tin-Yau

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 4:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Safran wrote:
Always astonished again about the huge variety and beauty of HK's environment flower.... and the numerous possibilities to explore Very Happy .

Isn`t it?! Now my 22nd visit is coming to an end ... and there are still places on my list and things to do. In fact, they don`t get less, they get more.

Safran wrote:
Watching the stone stairs upwards, I wonder how you managed after yesterday's run ! scratch Shocked Your physical condition is amazing, Heike salute

My guess is, it`s my (German Dickschädel Laughing ) in english stubborness and the energy of that amazing place. An my legs really felt good after sunday`s run. No soreness, no nothing. Today just a tiny bit soreness in my calfs.

Safran wrote:
Somehow the pics of this higher regions/ Lantau mountain
reminds me a little of our "Almen" (alpine meadows ?)...in cool morning fog....haha. The great view is the best reward after the effort, I can imagine Very Happy

I never been in the morning in the alps. When the clouds/fog came up on that ridge, it really got spooky for a moment because, being in the middle of I-can-see-nothing-anymore I lost orientation. But I could stay calm and waited for the clouds to pass.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.tonyleung.info Forum Index -> Get to know each other All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 6 of 7

Jump to: