TONYLEUNG.INFO
Discuss Tony Leung with fellow fans!

Welcome to the Discussion Board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
  Log in to check your private messages Log in to check your private messages   
Click here to go to Archival Tony Board (2003-2012)

Operation HK 2018
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.tonyleung.info Forum Index -> Get to know each other
View previous topic :: View next topic  
yitian

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry I forgot to comment McDull yesterday. Yeah, I kind of know the character appeared in many movies, but unfortunately I have never seen any one of them - thought they are too juvenile. Now I'm much more interested, partly owing to your cute looking medal Wink.

Too much work makes me forgetful Sad. Equally, I don't remember seeing your red faced friend in a carved wood form. However, I do remember you showed us a similar looking stage previously. I can believe the audience would feel very shocked when seeing a blonde with blue eyes and a big nose (I am purely guessing here based on average genotypes of German) Laughing. If I was there, I would understand less of it. For some reason I feel Cantonese Opera sounds very similar to Beijing Opera - something I equally don't understand at all.

Good luck with your fan repair, and another day of fun sunny .
Tin-Yau

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 7:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Safran wrote:
Very Happy salute ! ...cheers Don't be sad Heike Wink....STILL 8 further beautiful days to come ! flower... Lucky you !

Helga I`m not really sad. Actually those 2 past weeks feel a little bit like an eternity.

Safran wrote:
So you did spend another pleasant and and exciting day beyond the touristic destinations thumbleft
The huge bamboo tent for the Cantonese Opera performance is amazing...esp. inside. I think this bamboo-construction probably
even withstands heavy storm and rain.

I try to avoid touristy crowds as much as I can.
I wouldn`t bet on "withstands heavy rain and storm".

Safran wrote:
I wish you a restful night (with significant improvement of your chronic pains) .... bright weather for tomorrow's (easy !) explorations...and last but not least: A fixed fan, finally ! Razz Waving

Thank you, I taped it and it was OK for the day. No run in the morning just as precaution, a tear of the tendon would be highly unwelcome now.
Tin-Yau

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 7:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yitian wrote:
Sorry I forgot to comment McDull yesterday. Yeah, I kind of know the character appeared in many movies, but unfortunately I have never seen any one of them - thought they are too juvenile. Now I'm much more interested, partly owing to your cute looking medal Wink.

Go check it, it`s funny.

yitian wrote:
Too much work makes me forgetful Sad. Equally, I don't remember seeing your red faced friend in a carved wood form. However, I do remember you showed us a similar looking stage previously. I can believe the audience would feel very shocked when seeing a blonde with blue eyes and a big nose (I am purely guessing here based on average genotypes of German) Laughing. If I was there, I would understand less of it. For some reason I feel Cantonese Opera sounds very similar to Beijing Opera - something I equally don't understand at all.

I always forget things, could be the concussions I had.
Yes, that stage was from Lamma. 2 years ago, I guess.
Haha Yitian, I`m neither blond nor blue eyed. And my nose is only slightly out of shape since my car accident.

yitian wrote:
Good luck with your fan repair, and another day of fun sunny .

Nope, no repair as long as I`m here. Landlord doesn`t want any more of my precious time wasted. It`s only the small bathroon fan, I can live without that.
Tin-Yau

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 7:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Today I went to Kadoori Farm. A botanical garden. Also a place where police can bring cought snake.
Water lilly (the sign said so Yitian Wink )

That must be the coolest birdhouse I`ve ever seen.

I didn`t know these are local animals. Shocked Now I guess I know what I have seen last year during a hike. I just have seen a triangular shaped tail, not winded like a snake would move. Chinese alligator

Zoom in and check out these teeth if you dare

That one looks nice.

After that I stopped in Yuen Long to look for VCDs, and I found some.
Look at the price tags. 14 VCD, as far as I see it most of them out of print.

I met my cantonese teacher for dinner at Lin Heung in Sheung Wan

I acconpanied her a bit on her way home.
Street art

Tomorrow I`ve signed up for a hike.
See you then!
Safran

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This botanical garden with local tropical flora and fauna looks beautiful flower .... like a green "magic garden". You captured in amazing pictures -- as usual ! Very Happy
And after digging for rare movie-treasures for your HK collection, you had another delishes dinner in nice company. (this time meat-based again, haha)
Have a good night, Heike ....and better take it easy, tomorrow Wink
yitian

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tin-Yau wrote:
...I`m neither blond nor blue eyed. And my nose is only slightly out of shape since my car accident...

Nonetheless a typical westerner's face Laughing . Hope your nose as well as all other slightly out of shape body parts will be fully recovered very soon Pray .
By the way, congrats again for finishing the run, especially under the circumstances - are you impressed with the result ?

Thanks for another set of impressive pix. I like each one of them love . The most impressive and shocking pix are the Chinese alligator. I never know such a thing ever existed d'oh! . Scary! I bet you read the section about this creature from the book you just acquired again.

Seems your suitcase is going to be heavy, with 2 Tony VCDs plus many others. I wonder what HK movies you haven't seen Wink .

The water lily is so pretty. I think water lilies should never grow much above water line. Lotus I know of, on the other hand, is bigger and both leaves and flowers are more than a foot (30cm) above water. Maybe there are other varieties of lotus Think .

Love the street art too - I feel one could make a postcard with this too .

Enjoy the hike and hope you have fully recovered from the run Very Happy .
Tin-Yau

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 5:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad you 2 like my photos!

yitian wrote:
By the way, congrats again for finishing the run, especially under the circumstances - are you impressed with the result ?

I got the result but I`m not sure whether this is the netto time (means from the starting signal) or the actual chip time (when I crossed the starting line). They only hand out info in chinese and since google translate is so good in translating chinese ... some things I can only guess what they actually mean.So it seems I have to wait for a while longer, they are really slow, and I mean snail slow. The time they announced is 1h6min05sec which is good. Just to have been able to run through without walking and according to this the average kilometer is in under 7 minutes. For what I have been training, for me is ... yes I`m satisfied. My best time in HK is 1h3min40sec, it was much hotter then.

yitian wrote:
Thanks for another set of impressive pix. I like each one of them love . The most impressive and shocking pix are the Chinese alligator. I never know such a thing ever existed d'oh! . Scary! I bet you read the section about this creature from the book you just acquired again.

No, not from the book. There was a signboard right next to the alligator.

yitian wrote:
Seems your suitcase is going to be heavy, with 2 Tony VCDs plus many others. I wonder what HK movies you haven't seen Wink .

Not too heavy I hope/guess. Shouldn`t be a problem.

yitian wrote:
The water lily is so pretty. I think water lilies should never grow much above water line. Lotus I know of, on the other hand, is bigger and both leaves and flowers are more than a foot (30cm) above water. Maybe there are other varieties of lotus Think .

I have absolutely no idea, I just know I like this flowers.
Tin-Yau

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 5:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So today was the hike with HK Hiking Meetup, which should lead us from Tung Chung to Mui Wo. It`s always a bit exciting what kind of people will show up. But up till now, those have been friendly and kind people. One even remembered me, said my name Embarassed and told me we`ve met twice before on a hike. Embarassed

Anyway, we started in Tung Chung. That`s the airport

A tower which, according to our hiking leader, was used to defend the village against the japanese and also served as a school.

Guardians on the other end of the village

Mui Wo from above. Never seen it from that angle, when I hiked to Mui Wo I usually come from Discovery Bay from the left side.

Then we stopped at Silvermine Waterfall. You know this place from last april, there wasn`t much waterfall anyway. BUT .. nice wildlife. Zoom in!

Then 10 of us decided to have lunch together

My dinner. Holy crap that was hot. I mean really hot. The second highest rating on the menue there. They really mean it. Slightly beyond my treshold for pain and I-like-hot-food.

Then again Laughing I was in the mood for something sweet. Mango pancake with whip cream and coconut tofu pudding - yummy!

Tomorrow I really should go for a run again. Achilles tendon feels better, maybe because of the tape. Then I will go to collect my race bag cos sunday is again run day. Otherwise, weŽll see.

Waving
yitian

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm impressed with your running, congrats again thumbleft .

As for the difference between water lily and lotus, there are plenty info on google - I was more or less right Very Happy . There are many videos too. for example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=77iSHjx9d9I

Tin-Yau wrote:
... One even remembered me, said my name Embarassed and told me we`ve met twice before on a hike. Embarassed ...

Hahaha, this reminds me, an oriental who lives in the west world. I see all westerners look similar and never can remember any one after just one or two meetings; but they always see me as a more rare and easier recognizable specimen Wink Laughing .

The view of Mui Wo from above looks really nice. the colorful dragon flies, especially the pink one looks really amazing. I wonder how many different colors of dragon flies you have seen? I remember you once took a pic of a stunning red dragon fly sitting on top of a lotus (water lily?) flower bud love .

Your dinner doesn't look very spicy, but I guess you were swallowing fire. I wonder what the the #1 spicy dish on the menu tastes like? I am just curious but will not try. I remember I once had a jungle curry dish from a Thai restaurant - that was real fire - it was too much for me to handle Embarassed .

Have a good day ~ Very Happy
Safran

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 4:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many thanks for taking us along to this hike, Heike salute
Such a beautiful view you enjoed love: ....and all that colourful little creaturs you met again ! (no chin. aligator fortunately, haha) Very Happy Great !
The common lunch looks very tasty...and you're obviously getting more and more inclused each time you participate this hiking-group.
I think this hike was a good (smooth) preparation for your next run also thumbleft
For now: Cordial thanks and my best wishes from (unusual ) summerlike Austria sunny
Tin-Yau

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 5:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yitian wrote:
I'm impressed with your running, congrats again thumbleft .

Thank you, Yitian!

yitian wrote:
As for the difference between water lily and lotus, there are plenty info on google - I was more or less right Very Happy . There are many videos too. for example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=77iSHjx9d9I

Well I do not have what people call "a green thumb", regarding knowledge and treating/growing plants.

yitian wrote:
Hahaha, this reminds me, an oriental who lives in the west world. I see all westerners look similar and never can remember any one after just one or two meetings; but they always see me as a more rare and easier recognizable specimen Wink Laughing .

I`m not sure but as she did pronounce my name almost correct. It seems very hard for HK people to pronounce my name correct, so I guess I must have spoken to her before and introduced myself. At those meetups are always a mix of westerners and locals, so I never was the only one with a big nose. Laughing Actually my clients always tease me (I told them once) in the way HKers pronounce my first name, also my big nephew has a lot of fun doing it, too.

yitian wrote:
The view of Mui Wo from above looks really nice. the colorful dragon flies, especially the pink one looks really amazing. I wonder how many different colors of dragon flies you have seen? I remember you once took a pic of a stunning red dragon fly sitting on top of a lotus (water lily?) flower bud love .

It was a nice hike, a bit too fast for my taste. That`s the reason I rather go on my own. Because I like it slow and enjoy nature, blossoms, noises, smells, ... love
Dragonflies, let me think: Golden, red/pink/burgundy, blue, ... and I think green but as far as I remember the green one was a damsel fly. Damsel flies have their wings different, also the body looks different, smaller.
Yes I remember that pic, was some time ago.

I think this must be a damselfly, not from this year`s trip.
These are so beautiful

yitian wrote:
Your dinner doesn't look very spicy, but I guess you were swallowing fire. I wonder what the the #1 spicy dish on the menu tastes like? I am just curious but will not try. I remember I once had a jungle curry dish from a Thai restaurant - that was real fire - it was too much for me to handle Embarassed .

It did not, that`s why I picked "big hot" as the menue said. Burned twice Laughing

Sorry, I totally forgot to answer your question form the other day how many HK movies I have seen. I had to check my list, I own 670 HK DVD/VCD/BluRay. So in a round sum: quite a lot. Wink
Tin-Yau

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 5:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Safran wrote:
Many thanks for taking us along to this hike, Heike salute
Such a beautiful view you enjoed love: ....and all that colourful little creaturs you met again ! (no chin. aligator fortunately, haha) Very Happy Great !
The common lunch looks very tasty...and you're obviously getting more and more inclused each time you participate this hiking-group.
I think this hike was a good (smooth) preparation for your next run also thumbleft
For now: Cordial thanks and my best wishes from (unusual ) summerlike Austria sunny

You are very much welcome, Helga.
Aligators are around wet areas, we hiked through the hills.
The lunch was quite spontanious. Some years back 2 guys and I finished the hike together with a beer. This time was lunch.
Actually I got quite sore muscles from all the uphill walking, This morning`s run was no fun and I only did a short one not to strain anything.
Tin-Yau

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 5:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Today I went for a short run in the morning. It was cloudy so I went along the harbour front. There was a nice breeze and a little drizzle which made it OK but the humidity felt like 90%.

Then I went to a sewing shop to have my running backpack repaired. That was fun because the lady spoke as much english as I do cantonese, but we got along and I got what I wanted. Cool Sometimes it really is amazing how quick phrases come onto my tongue that I haven`t practised in ... months/years and then there are things I forget as soon as I hear them. How on earth does our brain work?!

On my way back from the sewing lady.

Then I went to pick up my race pack for sunday.

Then as it was again drizzling I hopped on a bus to Tai Po. It`s always nice to walk there around.

View from the bus, upper deck, front seat = fun!

Lunch at a BBQ place I`ve been before. BBQ prok and rice, easy to order in cantonese. Wink

I took you to this Man Mo temple before, last year april as far as I remember but I didn`t know it is home to a temple tiger. Laughing

On my way back to the bus there was a tofu pudding shop but that was sold out, the only thing they had left was black sesame soup, which I also love.
In Love

No idea about tomorrow since I don`t want to get my legs too tired because of sunday. We`ll see.
Safran

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good evening from Austria Very Happy
I finally was searching for my HK map to follow your tracks...but unfortunately cannot find just right now Sad grrrrr ! ( although it probably will not be detailed enough )
The streetscene you shot from the bus is very nice. You catched the lively atmosphere of the city....and it is always fun sitting upstairs front row Wink
Love the little temple-tiger too....looks like the "chief" there...cleaning his dishevelled fur blackeye Laughing
Very Happy Btw: Are there many street cats in Hongkong ? ( I cannot remember having seen at my visit )
It's dinner time here...and watching the pork and rice-pic....I'm getting VERY hungry Razz ( the black seeame soup I do not know/cannot imagine the taste unfortunately Sad )
As I see, you are perfectly prepared again for the next run on Sunday. (....given you are without pain...and you're feeling fit for ) You are right to allow yourself a smooth and easy day tomorrow thumbleft

Good night Heike Sleepy
Good night Hongkong Waving
yitian

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tin-Yau wrote:
...At those meetups are always a mix of westerners and locals, so I never was the only one with a big nose. Laughing

You must have left unforgettable good impressions on them Very Happy .

Tin-Yau wrote:
...Actually my clients always tease me (I told them once) in the way HKers pronounce my first name, also my big nephew has a lot of fun doing it, too.

I am very curious how HKer pronounces your name (to compare with mine Think Wink .

Tin-Yau wrote:
...I own 670 HK DVD/VCD/BluRay. So in a round sum: quite a lot. Wink

This is incredible!!! I imagine the weight of your suitcases during your trips from HK thumbright .

As for today's pics, I really feel I was taken to HK and see it with my own eyes again Very Happy . Thanks Giving a kiss .

Do you think the the tail of this temple tiger is extraordinarily big? One doesn't want to annoy it and get whacked by its tail Laughing .

Safran wrote:
...the black sesame soup I do not know/cannot imagine the taste unfortunately Sad )...

If I remember correctly, just mix roasted grounded black sesame, roasted sticky rice flour and sugar in a bowl, then pour boiling water into the bowl while stirring and serve.... Very easy isn't it? Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.tonyleung.info Forum Index -> Get to know each other All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 5 of 7

Jump to: