TONYLEUNG.INFO
Discuss Tony Leung with fellow fans!

Welcome to the Discussion Board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
  Log in to check your private messages Log in to check your private messages   
Click here to go to Archival Tony Board (2003-2012)

Operation HK 2018
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.tonyleung.info Forum Index -> Get to know each other
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tin-Yau

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2018 5:18 am    Post subject: Operation HK 2018 Reply with quote

Friends, I`m back. I`m so happy that this could work out only 5 weeks after my car accident. Thanks for all your wishes. Pray

This time I went with Austrian Airlines from Munich to Vienna and then to HK. When I went to my seat in Munich I found a gentleman with a broken leg in my seat, better he occupied the whole 3 seat row. I was told by a stewardess to wait till everybody is on board to find me a seat. So my mind started to spin, what if the plane is fully booked. Shocked A bit later a dad and his son appeard claiming two of those 3 seats. So, the whole row was double booked. Thank you Austrian Airlines, it was the first time I used your service. Confused I got a seat after all and arrived on time in HK.

I took this pic shortly after we left Vienna. If I am correct this should be Neusiedler Lake and then the far side has to be HUNGARY love (Helga?)

The advantage to use Austrian Airlines is, they arrive in HK at 11am, so lots of time left of one`s arrival day.
Let`s charge the city.

Dinner at a Michelin Guide restaurant called Sun Yuen. I know this place from my previous visits and wish they would deliver, if only once a month, to Germany. Of course Helga I would let them drop something over Carinthia as well! Wink
BBQ pork and rice with soup for 35 HK$. That green stuff is ginger and spring onions as far as I remember. I always ask for that because I like is so much. (The concussion from the crash and the jetlag are slowing down my brain.)

3 hours later I`ve had walked already 8!!!km and needed a break in the Ding Ding, the tram.
Waiting for business.

That`s it for today. Unfortunately jetlag is doing it`s best right now. I`m not sure whether it`s morning or night or mabe noon? Brick wall Maybe a nice cool Tsingtao can help my body to understand it`s past 9pm. ... is it possible we could use a beer drinking emoticon? Laughing
Safran

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2018 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear (hopefully tight sleeping just right now) Heike Sleepy

So glad to hear/see Austrian Airlines transported you safe and well to your beloved second hometown Very Happy thumbleft
Regarding your first pic: I guess you are absolutly right. (steppe lake "Neusiedlersee" ...leading to Hungarian "Pusta"
Second pic:
I see, Hongkong has welcomed you with very nice weather ! salute sunny
Third pic ( and offer Wink ) makes my mouth water Drool....although I already had a delicious roasted duck with fried noodles and Tsingtao beer for lunch (in a new opened Chinese restaurant) today Laughing ....haha )
On the last pic you shot a very nice and "typically" HK -scene in my opinion...I
like ! Smile
Many thanks, for kindly sharing your "Operation Hongkong 2018 " with us staying (dreaming) at home
once again ! Giving a kiss

My very best wishes to overcome the jetlag asap Rolling Eyes shaking

I'm already looking forward to joining/accompanying you in HK next days Dancing

GOOD NIGHT, Heike ! See you ! (whenever you manage Wink) Waving Dancing
yitian

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2018 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, time flies! I am so glad you made it, and impressively already had a good walk with many beautiful pictures on your day of arrival Dancing .

Sorry to hear the nerve racking ordeal about your seat Sad . I was hoping they will bump you up to the business/first class as I read; but alas it didn't happen Sad Sad . However, I hope the airline didn't loose your luggage - something to praise for Wink .

Looking at your pictures of summery HK, with palm trees etc, I can't stop wishing the place I live is only half nice - more snow is expected on weekend Shocked Exclamation . Anyway, the weather in my region is suitable for people who love snowboarding Wink Laughing .

Enjoy your trip Very Happy ; take it easy Very Happy Very Happy ; and thanks as always Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Giving a kiss .
Tin-Yau

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2018 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the wishes you two!
Temperatures dropped today, around noon it got windy and cold and shoud be like that over the weekend.
Great you have such a restaurant, Helga. In my area we have none.

Haha Yitian, business class was my thought too, but unfortunately ...
Sorry to hear about the snow, Yitian!

Glad you like my pics again.
You know, it gets more and more difficult to show you new sights of HK. But I guess you don`t get bored with familiar sights.
Tin-Yau

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2018 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I went for a run in the morning. Just 4k, jetlag, heat and humidity did one part and the car crash 5 weeks ago did the rest. A year ago I wouldn`t have tied my laces for 4k, but time changes.
A view I`m sure we never get tired of. You can see the sun was still shining at 9am.

And breakfast. Preserved eggs and meat with fried breadsticks at Sang Kee.

Later I went to pick up a book. A member of the HK Snakes group on FB was offering this book. I held back because I wanted to let a HKer have it but no one said "me please" then did I. Wonderful book.

After that I went to Lai Chi Kok to pick up my race pack for the 15th. Not sure if I can do it, still some work ahead.
View along the way.

2 pics left but it seems I have trouble uploading. scratch Will take care of it tomorrow.
Nighty night Sleepy
Tin-Yau

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2018 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, I have no idea what was wrong with either this site or imgur because I couldn`t post these 2 pics last night.

Well in the afternoon my sweet tooth said "I need sugar!". So I went into a Cafè de Coral for french toast. The lady at the counter didn`t speak english, so my bad cantonese had to do it.
French toast with syrup, I prefer condensed milk instead of syrup but what is the cantonese term for that? Syrup tasted good as well, but not perfect. Wink

And in the evening I was invited at a friends home for dinner.
Lemon chicken - yes it was finger-lickin-good Laughing (sorry for borrowing the KFC slogan) , spicy clams and fish pie with radish. Each dish was as delishious as it looks in the pic!

yitian

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2018 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah the beautiful view of HK. You are right, the view in the first pic is spectacular every time when I see it. The streets also look nice and interesting love .

And the food, you make me feel hungry at midnight haha. This particular congee is one of my 2 favorites, the other is the one that has fish and ginger slices in it. On your dinner table, not only the dishes look nice and yummy, I find the tea pot is pretty too Very Happy .

Glad you got the book. It must be useful to identify dangerous creatures while you're out in the wild. I like the look of poisonous colorful frogs, but not so much about almost all reptiles such as snakes and lizards. Wonder if one can see big reptile, e.g. crocodile ~.

Good luck with your scheduled run, but please don't force Wink .

Thanks and enjoy another day in HK sunny .

Last edited by yitian on Sat Apr 07, 2018 6:48 am; edited 1 time in total
Safran

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 5:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh....I cannot get enough of your pics....and highly enjoy the amazing (familiar) view from The Peak love: ....and can imagine/sense the delicious taste of all these culinary delights Drool Lucky you !

I'm already curious which little animal, reptile or snake will cross your way first, this time Alien Shocked Wink

Tough friend, I agree yitians words and hope you will not overdo (so soon after your bad accident) and will take very good care of yourself ( NO rambo )
Have a restful night....and try to take it a little easier this year Wink

flower GOOD LUCK ! thumbleft
Tin-Yau

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 4:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yitian wrote:
And the food, you make me feel hungry at midnight haha. This particular congee is one of my 2 favorites, the other is the one that has fish and ginger slices in it. On your dinner table, not only the dishes look nice and yummy, I find the tea pot is pretty too Very Happy .

Yes Yitian, this is my favorite congee. Honestly, I tried 2 other kinds before but stick to this one.

yitian wrote:
Glad you got the book. It must be useful to identify dangerous creatures while you're out in the wild. I like the look of poisonous colorful frogs, but not so much about almost all reptiles such as snakes and lizards. Wonder if one can see big reptile, e.g. crocodile ~.

That book is a real gem. So grateful I got my hands on it. I realy hope everything poisonous doesn`t say "Hi" to me this time.

yitian wrote:
Good luck with your scheduled run, but please don't force Wink .

I won`t .
Thank you!
Tin-Yau

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 4:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Safran wrote:
Oh....I cannot get enough of your pics....and highly enjoy the amazing (familiar) view from The Peak love: ....
I'm already curious which little animal, reptile or snake will cross your way first, this time Alien Shocked Wink

Glad you like my repetitions!
Which animal, I`m curious too. I`ve seen butterflies during my run at the peak, maybe I will again tomorrow.

Safran wrote:
Tough friend, I agree yitians words and hope you will not overdo (so soon after your bad accident) and will take very good care of yourself ( NO rambo )
Have a restful night....and try to take it a little easier this year Wink

flower GOOD LUCK ! thumbleft

Don`t worry. I went on a nice 6k run Saturday. It was cool and windy and ran along the harbourfront. Not tough at all. No need for rambo
Tin-Yau

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 5:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Today I wanted to go to Aberdeen. I haven`t been here since ... wow I guess the very first time I visited HK which was in 1999 Shocked

As I walked along the promenade a woman approached me and asked me if I wnated a sampan ride. It should be 80HK$ for 30 minutes. Since I was in the mood for water I said "yes please" and didn`t even haggle over the price. I also was the only customer, so to me at that moment the price seemed fair. On the sampan I had to ask the old guy who steered it in cantonese if i could sit up front, he confirmed and I was happy. Very Happy

That`s where the expensive boats harbour.

Someone asked for a blessing this morning

As you can see, weather was nice again. Sunshine but a cool wind.

Riding on a sampan makes one hungry and I was in the mood for sweet stuff again, when my eyes caught a "Honeymoon Dessert" shop. Drool
Coco Mango Tofu Pudding

And Glutinous Rice Balls with black sesame in ingwer soup

Walking around Aberdeen I discovered a nice little shrine

And a Tin Hau temple which was already closed whe I got there. A good reason to come back.

Beautiful little flower along the way

Dinner at Sun Yuen. Roasted pork and rice with soup.

In the evening I walked by a massage parlour and a guy asked me if I wanted to come in. Well I it worked out earlier today already with the sampan ride, why not give it a try since my shoulders are still very sore and tense. Inside it looked, umm ... what can I say, not very comfy, not very convincing, at least nothing I know from massage parlours in Germany, even Thai ones. I told the guy I`d like to have a shoulder massage which was 80HK$ for 15 minutes and he guided me to an elderly man who didn`t make any professional impression on me at all - BUT first sights often mislead. This old man really knew which buttons to press and right now I feel good, seems he could loose some of the tension and have the intention to go back IF that old man can treat my shoulders again and it`s not far from where I live. http://gkhealthyfeet.com
yitian

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My first impression - wow, i didn't realized your love for HK has been going on for 20 years!!! You should have some very special events planned / or start planning for next year Very Happy Dancing .

Sky was blue in HK, so were here in the east coast of US. The difference would be temperature Wink . Anyway, it seems you had a good day, with money well spent. Guess you can go for another massage after your run, even if you only run part of it. Question Wink

I love the sticky rice balls. I wonder if you ever had sesame filled sticky rice ball with fermented rice syrup - this combination is very yummy Drool Drunken .

You certainly discovered many interesting things in a day: the pretty flower, it reminds me of orchids - wonder if they are related. I also surprised to see the little shrine situated in the middle of the the street - it scared me a bit as I wonder if it will be damaged by the busy traffic Shocked . So far so good Very Happy .
Safran

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 2:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a bright day sunny ... and the lucky chance to take a boat-ride" Very Happy I can understand your joy, because water/ the sea has always a magnetic appeal to me too Wink

I ask myself if many things have changed since your first Aberdeen exlploation in 1999 ? Like yitian, I think you really have to celebrate the 20th anniversary worthy, next year cheers haha.

Although the first sight might not have been very promising, I'm glad to hear you ultimately found "magic hands" to better your shoulder problems....and will hopefully spoil your poor feet after your upcoming run as well.

Last but not least : Many thanks for the various culinaric specialities, Heike ....and the beautiful exotic flower also ( like yitian, "orchid" was my first thought )

Best wishes for pretty weather and interesting encounters on your next exploration thumbleft sunny
Tin-Yau

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 4:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yitian wrote:
My first impression - wow, i didn't realized your love for HK has been going on for 20 years!!! You should have some very special events planned / or start planning for next year Very Happy Dancing .

Isn`t it amazing how this place can`t find a way to bore me after so many visits and such a long time?! Every visit is something very special, no need for a celebration. ... unless, ... one of you guys would come along for a few days. Wink

yitian wrote:
Sky was blue in HK, so were here in the east coast of US. The difference would be temperature Wink . Anyway, it seems you had a good day, with money well spent. Guess you can go for another massage after your run, even if you only run part of it. Question Wink

I had a very nice massage today, later more. Sorry to hear about the temps on your side.

yitian wrote:
I love the sticky rice balls. I wonder if you ever had sesame filled sticky rice ball with fermented rice syrup - this combination is very yummy Drool Drunken .

Nope, never had them, gotta see if I can find one here. I love black sesame and ginger, well I`m seldom without ginger at home. Even here I bought a small piece, I got a sore throught the other day.

yitian wrote:
You certainly discovered many interesting things in a day: the pretty flower, it reminds me of orchids - wonder if they are related. I also surprised to see the little shrine situated in the middle of the the street - it scared me a bit as I wonder if it will be damaged by the busy traffic Shocked . So far so good Very Happy .

Sorry, I can`t help you with the flowers.
Traffic seem not to harm that shrine.
Tin-Yau

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 4:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Safran wrote:
I ask myself if many things have changed since your first Aberdeen exlploation in 1999 ? Like yitian, I think you really have to celebrate the 20th anniversary worthy, next year cheers haha.

Yes Helga, a lot has changed. As far as i can remember scratch . Lots of new buildings, a new promenade, even the MTR has a stop in Aberdeen now.

Safran wrote:
Last but not least : Many thanks for the various culinaric specialities, Heike ....and the beautiful exotic flower also ( like yitian, "orchid" was my first thought )

Best wishes for pretty weather and interesting encounters on your next exploration thumbleft sunny

Glad you like my photos!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.tonyleung.info Forum Index -> Get to know each other All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 1 of 7

Jump to: