TONYLEUNG.INFO
Discuss Tony Leung with fellow fans!

Welcome to the Discussion Board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
  Log in to check your private messages Log in to check your private messages   
Click here to go to Archival Tony Board (2003-2012)

Operation HK 2018
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.tonyleung.info Forum Index -> Get to know each other
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tin-Yau

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 4:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yitian wrote:
The insect in your first pic looks toxic - the body hair, the shape of its legs - one word, scary! However, a fly in your dinner plate is even more gruesome Shocked Sad . Hope you had a replacement plate and a free dinner. Better still, next time you may want to consider some extra shots before your trip Wink .

The wiki page didn`t mention anything about toxic.
About the fly, nope I kept my mouth shut.

yitian wrote:
I love the pic with red lanterns, very cheerful and well composed. I wonder what kind of occasion for putting out so many lanterns Question . I also like to see all your pix of temples..... Have you counted how many Tin Hau and how many your red faced friend you have come across in HK? I have lost counts for all those you showed me here Embarassed Very Happy .

No idea why it`s decorated like that.
Yitian, I never started counting how many of what I have seen. I`m sure my brain would not be able to handle such a big number.

yitian wrote:
The best part today is that I see our dear idol Tony spoke, not once, but twice love Dancing sunny . Thank you my dear friends, for posting such interesting lines and pix that attracted Tony, who I miss a lot Laughing Laughing Laughing . I was so glad to be able to watch Monster Hunt 2 in US cinemas. Hope Tony's future movies will be released in US too Pray Razz .

True, let`s celebrate. Tsingtao for everybody! Help yourself from the fridge here in my room in HK.Laughing
Congrats on seeing MH2! And my fingers are crossed for the other movies!
Tin-Yau

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 5:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Safran wrote:
Regarding your first pic, Heike: I've never ever seen such a strange (scary) little monster Shocked The creativity of nature is simply great!

It is. Scary and beautiful all together.

Safran wrote:
From outside this austere building of the temple, one cannot imagine the warm and mystical atmosphere inside.
The red latern-pic of Lee Tung Ave is very beautiful and impressive indeed ! ( Btw: Could you ever imagine HK/China without this omnipresent RED colour ??...No way !! )
Not every day can be a culinaric "highlight" Wink ..although staying in "The world capital of culinary treat"

And smelly, Don`t forget the smell! But I like that smell so it`s OK for me.
HK without the red colour - no way. It has a way to much important meaning.
Tin-Yau

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 7:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sooo ... today I wanted to visit Lung Tsai Ng Yuen, a garden which is located in the middle of the jungle (google it!) on Lantau. Before that I wanted to visit the nearby Gwun Yam monastery to make sure that I have picked the right road/path and if not ask for direction/advice. So I hopped on the Central - Mui Wo ferry, then on the #1 bus to Tai O. When the singboard in the bus said next stop Gwun Yam monastery I pressed the stop button and when I wanted to alight the driver looked at me a bit surprised and I said to him in cantonese Gwun Yam temple. Then he told me in canto to sit down and drove off Shocked for about 2-300 meters the actual entrance of the monastery which isn`t an actual bus stop, isn`t that sweet.

Here you can see the entrance gate of the monastery at Tai O road

The main hall, at the top there is a room with 10000 buddhas. A nun invited me in cantonese to walk up.

Buildings at the monastery. Icouldn`t decide which pic to show you, so I let you have all.

Visitors are not allowed to take photos inside the buildings - I respect that. Nice and friendly nuns around, tried to get into a conversation, whether in english or cantonese. One even gave me a gift. Shocked Embarassed

I spoke to a woman (very good english thank god!) who voluntered to clean the place twice a week and she confirmed my choice on how to get to the garden but told me though it is currently renovated it is still closed.
On the way to the garden I`ye met a group of workers and reassured that I`m on the right path.
Here you can see the garden, so beautiful

This is where my 40x zoom camera comes in handy

The buildings in the very back in the first pic of the garden. Yes I know it`s a bit blurry.

I`m sure it will be very, very beautiful once it`s renovated, as it must have been before.
And then I will be back! Hopefully.

Along the paved road was a catchwater and I secretly hoped for something crawling but ONLY in the catchwater - but no luck - I thought.
Look at that beautiful dragonfly. Dark blue a bit of lapis lazuli - my favorite colour! Zoom in!

Then I took the bus to Tai O where I had lunch.
Chicken, rice, tomato sauce. The sauce reminded me very much of ketchup Laughing but the meat was so delishious with black pepper and garlic In Love

Dried fish

Yitian, can you help me please with that temple. The only thing I can read is dragon - I think. Rolling Eyes

Nice flags, in the back at that mountain must have been a hillfire. Ching Ming again, I guess since there are many graves located.

The shot every tourist must have

Nice building and much nicer tree. ...

Tomorrow I like to go for a run, a last test before the run on sunday. Then probably Sai Kung.

Today it took Imgur over 90 minutes to upload these pics Shocked Brick wall d'oh!
Safran

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good morning from Austria Very Happy
Hope you had a good run, and will probably enjoy a well deserved and yummy lunch just right now thumbleft
Beeing very busy this morning, I will commend your amazing pics later Wink
Just for now: GREAT pics again !...and I wish to visit this magical garden of the monastry love:....instead of sitting in the waitingroom of my doctor Rolling Eyes
See you later, Heike ! Waving
yitian

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really like your pix of Kwun Yam monastery. Too bad no pix are allowed inside. Otherwise, I wonder how would Kwun Yam look like here? I guess Kwun Yam looks similar to the one you took 2 days ago Wink . Perhaps one can ask Google to show us some pix.

So the beautiful garden is Lung Tsai Ng Yuen? Too bad it was closed for renovation - I'm sure you'll visit this next time when your are in HK for your 20th anniversary Very Happy . Your 40x zoom was really handy for now. By the way, is that water lily or lotus flower? I am capable of confusing the 2 quite often. If I have to guess, I think it's lotus Razz .

If you don't mind, can I try the Chinese on weekend? I have trouble to read the couplet with my ancient iPad, perhaps a proper computer will be more helpful Question .

Lastly, as you suggested I did drink beer to celebrate Applause . Thanks, cheers and have a good day.
Tin-Yau

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 5:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Safran wrote:
...Beeing very busy this morning, I will commend your amazing pics later Wink ....instead of sitting in the waitingroom of my doctor Rolling Eyes ...

Gee I hope you are OK?!
Safran

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 5:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello again, Heike
I watched your latest pics once again. This wonderful
monastery and magic garden is really great . Would it not be a fantastic location for a Wuxia-film ? love
Thank you for the "zooming-tip" to spot the amazing lapislazuly-blue (smurf) of the dragonfly thumbleft
The last pic of the old building with blooming tree impressed me also very much Very Happy ....Although, all of your pics are very well done and skillfully composed in my view salute Applause

Many THANKS for additionally reporting us enlightening and interesting background stories every day.
OMG...90 min.for the upload sounds very annoying !!! Think d'oh! (I keep my fingers crossed for you and hope things are running smoother/faster tonight thumbleft Computer )
Tin-Yau

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 5:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yitian wrote:
I really like your pix of Kwun Yam monastery. Too bad no pix are allowed inside. Otherwise, I wonder how would Kwun Yam look like here? I guess Kwun Yam looks similar to the one you took 2 days ago Wink . Perhaps one can ask Google to show us some pix.

Yitian, it is such a nice and quiet place. Friendly people all around. I will be back if I can, you know in the future health-wise.
There are several Gwun Yam inside the shrines there. One has thousand arms. Then the "usual" statues. I mean nothing I discovered was very special about them regarding ornaments, posture, ... . Google has some pix.
I vote for lotus, but honestly I have no idea. But as that garden has a buddhist meaning I tend to lotus, in buddhism the meaning of purity.

yitian wrote:
So the beautiful garden is Lung Tsai Ng Yuen? Too bad it was closed for renovation - I'm sure you'll visit this next time when your are in HK for your 20th anniversary Very Happy . Your 40x zoom was really handy for now. By the way, is that water lily or lotus flower? I am capable of confusing the 2 quite often. If I have to guess, I think it's lotus Razz .

yitian wrote:
If you don't mind, can I try the Chinese on weekend? I have trouble to read the couplet with my ancient iPad, perhaps a proper computer will be more helpful Question .

Yitian, take your time. I`m happy if I can find it out, today or in a few days doesn`t matter. Thank you in advance!

yitian wrote:
Lastly, as you suggested I did drink beer to celebrate Applause . Thanks, cheers and have a good day.

I had a can of Tsingdao Wink icecold almost like frozen beer Laughing Take care!
Tin-Yau

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 6:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Today I really wanted to go to Sai Kung because the weather is about to change and who knows how long it will be cool. But also I wanted/needed to got for a run. So what can I say, the alarm woke me at 7am.
This is Des Voeux Rd Central at 7.34am - empty.

And I have to show you this because I think the clouds look very interesting.

The run itself was ... something to fight through and forget really quick. let it all out

Then I had to hurry because it will take me a bit more then 2 hours to get to Sai Kung by bus. So no breakfast, just a box of vitasoy and a pineapple bun. I took a boat tour at Sai Kung again.
We stopped at Yim Tin Tsai again. You`ve seen pix from this place before but this time I was granted more time and could really explore the abandoned village.

But first. In Love
Tufu pudding with a view.

Abandoned buildings. Oh how much would I like to go inside ...

We stopped at Sharp island which by low tide is connected to a smaller island that belongs to HK geopark.

On the small path, look at that blue In Love

Sampan

For dinner I was in the mood for .... as usually I couldn`t decide and in the end found myself at Dim Sum Square in Sheung Wan. Usually there is a long queue of people lining up, but I was lucky.

The menue to make yourself a bit hungry

I had Chicken with chinese mushroom with beancurd wrapping and BBQ pork rice rolls

Then I was in the mood for something sweet andI found something I`ve never had before: Red dates layers cake love In Love If you like the taste of chinese dates, this is it. Oh so good.

Tomorrow will be a lazy day, movie in the afternoon otherwise no idea.
Tin-Yau

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 6:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Safran wrote:
Hello again, Heike I watched your latest pics once again. This wonderful...

Hey Helga! I`m glad you two like my pix. HK has so many so beautiful places and I really would like to share these and how I see them or what I like about them.
That garden as a film set, not a bad idea IF they let the buldings and constructions as they are now AND pour in a load of money for the renovation.
Honestly I`m thinking of going back, to the monastery and the garden when it`s raining. It must be a spectacular view. Imagine that place with a little bit of mist/fog, much lower then in the pic. love
yitian

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tin-Yau wrote:
......I vote for lotus, but honestly I have no idea. But as that garden has a buddhist meaning I tend to lotus, in buddhism the meaning of purity.

Thanks for the reasoning, of course this has to be lotus. Kwun Yam always sits on lotus, and this place is Buddha’s world thumbleft .

It is always so nice to view HK from above love . With an army of clouds rushing in from far distance, one feels something big is about to happen. Guess clouds eventually lost battle against the sun, so you were able to show us such beautiful different shades of blues as forms of water and sky. All is in beauty and peace haha.

The old abandoned buildings look like perfect places to shoot some horror films. I wouldn't dare to go inside - ghosts may live there Anxious . If I was there, just look at them from distance, with a camera powered by a 40x lens will do.

Hope you didn't overdo your run in the morning. With good health, there will be plenty of chances to revisit and to run Very Happy .

Right now I'm sitting on a home-bound train, at nowhere. I've been stuck for 2 hours now Rolling Eyes . Fortunately I have a bag of chips to stop liquid dropping out of my mouth while seeing your pics of delicious dishes Drool . I must go have some (not so good) dim sum tomorrow. Too bad I have never seen red date layer cake here. I will settle with some fried, lotus seed paste filled sesame sticky rice balls. This can be seen everywhere here, haha Very Happy .

Enjoy movies sunny .
Tin-Yau

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2018 4:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yitian wrote:
Tin-Yau wrote:
......]Thanks for the reasoning, of course this has to be lotus. Kwun Yam always sits on lotus, and this place is Buddha’s world thumbleft .

That garden doesn`t belong to the Kwun Yam monastery, it is about a 45 minutes walk apart. Sorry if I confused you.

The old abandoned buildings look like perfect places to shoot some horror films. I wouldn't dare to go inside - ghosts may live there Anxious . If I was there, just look at them from distance, with a camera powered by a 40x lens will do.

I don`t believe in ghosts, well sort of ... but I believe in snakes and centipedes they scare me like hell. Maybe I should me let them chase me at tomorrow`s run. It would be a personal best for sure. Laughing

yitian wrote:
Hope you didn't overdo your run in the morning. With good health, there will be plenty of chances to revisit and to run Very Happy .
Right now I'm sitting on a home-bound train, at nowhere. I've been stuck for 2 hours now Rolling Eyes . Fortunately I have a bag of chips to stop liquid dropping out of my mouth while seeing your pics of delicious dishes Drool . I must go have some (not so good) dim sum tomorrow. Too bad I have never seen red date layer cake here. I will settle with some fried, lotus seed paste filled sesame sticky rice balls. This can be seen everywhere here, haha Very Happy .

No run today. Rest and food day for tomorrow`s race. Regarding food, runners call this carbo loading, one day before raceday. But one does it for long distance runs and in my opinion a 10k run doesn`t belong in that category. But I`m in HK, if I need a reason to eat here .... what`s the point in coming here. Laughing
Oh my god, I just got pix in my head of you sitting there drooling and others staring at you. Laughing You are lucky to have such delish stuff in your hometown or close by, in Germany we have none, no china towns. Laughing
Tin-Yau

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2018 5:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Today was mostly about revisiting the area around science park for tomorrow`s run, food and cinema.

So in the morning I had a nice breakfast at Kai Kee. I was asked by the waiter what I`d like but the woman at the pay desk was quicker and asked me "egg sandwich and hot milk tea again?". I replied "yes, please" and then she got asked by the waiter how she knew and she told him in cantonese that I`ve come by several times already. When I left she reminded me that sunday is closed, isn`t that sweet!
After breakfast (I`ve posted a pic of that before) I went to science park.
The aliens have landed Shocked

Then I went back and had some nice mango sago with coconut noodles.

After that was movie time. There was a special screening of "Election". It was so nice to see it on the big screen. I have to thank a dear friend that I was able to see that. Giving a kiss

Then dinner time, sort of. Pork chop bun at Lan Fong Yuen at Macau ferry terminal in Sheung Wan.

Of course I had not enough I went to Dim Sum Square for some more Red Date Cake but they were sold out, so I went to another dim sum place. And since I love eggplant I ordered some and they had red date cake, but the one from Dim Sum Square tastes better - datier. Laughing

Not sure if there`s anything to post tomorrow. Honestly I`m already nervous and excited. I ran 10k only once this year and that was in early january. And I still have some muscle pain from that uphill hiking the day before yesterday, but we`ll see. BUT according to the website, each finisher gets a medal and since I`m a sucker for medals ... I gotta have it. rambo Hunter
And of course in the evening is another special screening, they show "Gallants".
Safran

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2018 5:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

....honestly speaking, I guessed these white flowers to be water lilies Embarassed , but think both of you may be right with your logical conclusions Wink

So you had another day with exciting explorations.
Am I right you visited those spooky haunted houses already last year (?)....or 2 years before ? (Time flies !)
.. spiderman Mr. Green shaking (a strong spirit of adventure you cannot deny, Heike Laughing )
I agree yitian regarding the cloudy weather...probably creating these amazing blue/green colours of the sea.
The HK view from above ( running at The Peak again ?) with fog and clouds ...I like as well as the view on a clear and sunny day love:
Cannot help to envy you for the Dim Sum dinner ch=P~ Wink
Spending a calm and restful day before your tomorrow's challenge sounds very reasonable in my opinion.
For tomorrow: GOOD LUCK ! thumbleft...and my best wishes for easy legs ("wings-like" angel) GO! Heike GO! Applause:
Take care ! ....and have a nice evening at the cinema ! Waving

Last edited by Safran on Sat Apr 14, 2018 5:56 am; edited 1 time in total
Safran

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2018 5:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just right now noticed: I'm too slow Rolling Eyes ....Sorry, Heike.
I see you're well prepared...and pampered yourself with
delishes food and sweets Very Happy
Once again BEST OF LUCK for tomorrow ! salute viking
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.tonyleung.info Forum Index -> Get to know each other All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 3 of 7

Jump to: