TONYLEUNG.INFO
Discuss Tony Leung with fellow fans!

Welcome to the Discussion Board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
  Log in to check your private messages Log in to check your private messages   
Click here to go to Archival Tony Board (2003-2012)

Berlinale 2018
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.tonyleung.info Forum Index -> Get to know each other
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Safran

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So you are very well prepared with arctic equipment (thanks to your experiences in former years ) Very Happy
Tin-Yau

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Safran wrote:
So you are very well prepared with arctic equipment (thanks to your experiences in former years ) Very Happy

That`s right. Experiencs is the key. Wink
Tin-Yau

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As for today I went to Airport Tempelhof in the morning. This place has a lot of history, the americans dropped supplies at this place to support the citizen of Berlin.

I read somewhere that this is the biggest building in Germany, you can see how huge it is.

A close up. Taken through the fence where you can see people walking in the above pic.

Landing strip

Nowadays this is a public space where people can jog, walk their dogs, enjoy the outdoors. Must be nice to run there, but it`s way to cold for me to do so these days.

Lunch. Curry sausage, fries, mayo at famous "Curry 36" at Zoological garden.

No luck tonight at the red carpet for "Don`t worry, he won`t get far on foot" starring Joaquim Phoenix. No pics too, too much pushing.

BUT I got very, very lucky at the red carpet for the hommage for Willem Dafoe. Pic and 2 autographs.
He was very patient and in a good mood, a guy next to me got a selfie, he talked to the fans. I`m impressed.

yitian

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Impressive you got autographs and a pic of Willam Dafoe! He must be in good mood as you describe. Lucky you Very Happy.
The Airport Tempelhof does look huge. I wonder why it's no long used as an airport? It maybe useful for private jets or local commuting planes ... Question
I forgot to congratulate you get your suitcase back yesterday - better late than never Wink
Continue enjoying Razz
Safran

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good morning Heike Very Happy

Glad to hear, you finally got your suitcase back thumbleft....and did the best out of your bad luck ( shooting good pictures) Wink After walking large distances, the "Currywurst" is well deserved ! Laughing
(Btw: Wasn't Templhof called "The biggest construction site of Germany" ...for a long time ?)
Btw: For getting a little more "Berlinale-feeling", I watched yesterday's livestream of the press conference of "Don't worry,...."with dir. Gus van Sant and Joaquin Phoenix (who obviously was not sober Drunken)

Even if you may not be lucky on the red carpet each time, the snapshot of William Dafoe is really great !
Very Happy
I wish you more of such lucky moments for today ! Laughing
Tin-Yau

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yitian wrote:
Impressive you got autographs and a pic of Willam Dafoe! He must be in good mood as you describe. Lucky you Very Happy.
The Airport Tempelhof does look huge. I wonder why it's no long used as an airport? It maybe useful for private jets or local commuting planes ... Question
I forgot to congratulate you get your suitcase back yesterday - better late than never Wink
Continue enjoying Razz

I`ve never seen him before but as for me, he was in a very good mood.

Tempelhof is huge. It is not used anymore because (I think) Berlin has 2 other airports, more modern ones Tegel (the most used) and Schoenefeld. And of course ther still is the big joke airport construction site BER (Berlin airport). Which sould open years ago and whole Germany (and I guess the world) is laughing about because it didn`t happen till now due to faults during planning and constriction.
At airport Tegel they already use BER equipment.

Yes, having back my suitcase was a big relieve.
Tin-Yau

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Safran wrote:

(Btw: Wasn't Templhof called "The biggest construction site of Germany" ...for a long time ?)
Btw: For getting a little more "Berlinale-feeling", I watched yesterday's livestream of the press conference of "Don't worry,...."with dir. Gus van Sant and Joaquin Phoenix (who obviously was not sober Drunken)

Even if you may not be lucky on the red carpet each time, the snapshot of William Dafoe is really great !
Very Happy
I wish you more of such lucky moments for today ! Laughing

Not sure, must have been before my time? Laughing

Yes I`ve read in social media that Phoenix must have been on something either fluid, natural or chemical. Laughing Laughing

Helga, I`m already lucky to be able to attend the red carpets, everything else I consider a bonus.
Tin-Yau

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Today I visited a place I had on my list for some years now. I went to Spandau Citadel. You maybe remember from previous posts from HK, I like fortifications and love to walk within them, explore them. And since there was only one interesting red carpet today - the one at 10pm, I had enough time for this trip.

Entrance bridge, on the left you can see the Julius tower and of course somehow I HAD to go up there.

Amazing view from the tower.

Another nice reflection from outside.

Exhibition of military hats.
Look for the ghost in the mirror. Laughing

Potsdamer Platz in the evening.

For dinner I was looking for some different taste and found in the food court of Berlin Mall Humus an arabic restaurant.
This is a veggie plate, very yummy.

In the evening was the red carpet for Steven Soderbergh`s Unsane. I got no autograph from him, but considered my day "my glass is full after all". Very Happy

yitian

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love to see your pictures of reflections - they look nicer (more interesting, either on still or slightly waving water) than what I usually see love . Perhaps it has something to do with your composition Question . I remember your pix of fortifications from HK, I even remember you braved down to the area that was kind of closed Wink .
Do you know what is the building in the middle of your pic from Potsdamer Platz? It looks 2 dimensional - think of people who live of work in that building Wink Very Happy .
And, last but not the least, a closeup pic of Steven Soderbergh - I think your cup is spilling over already haha.
Thanks for sharing all these nice pix and stories with us Giving a kiss . Have a good and hopefully warmer day tomorrow ~ sunny .
Tin-Yau

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yitian wrote:
Do you know what is the building in the middle of your pic from Potsdamer Platz? It looks 2 dimensional - think of people who live of work in that building Wink Very Happy .
And, last but not the least, a closeup pic of Steven Soderbergh - I think your cup is spilling over already haha.
Thanks for sharing all these nice pix and stories with us Giving a kiss . Have a good and hopefully warmer day tomorrow ~ sunny .

As for reflections or pics, it's just what I see and like at that moment.

That building does have an interesting shape. Google maps can show you 'Potsdamer Platz 11' . To me it looks like an office building but I never gave it much attention.

Today won't be warmer, quite the opposite according to forecast.
Safran

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 1:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry....I'm late today (shovelling snow Sad )....nevertheless enjoyed watching your brillant pics very much - once again Very Happy Never seen such Berlin-views ! salute Applause ( even with a familiar looking ghost....haha)
The building you two are talking of , looks like a modern version of wellknown "Flatiron Building" (NYC) to me Wink
Best wishes for another joyful and satisfying day in Berlin thumbleft Waving
Tin-Yau

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Safran wrote:
Sorry....I'm late today (shovelling snow Sad )....nevertheless enjoyed watching your brillant pics very much - once again Very Happy Never seen such Berlin-views ! salute Applause ( even with a familiar looking ghost....haha)
The building you two are talking of , looks like a modern version of wellknown "Flatiron Building" (NYC) to me Wink
Best wishes for another joyful and satisfying day in Berlin thumbleft Waving

Helga, you are not late! Shovelling snow Shocked Do I really want to go back home? No snow here in Berlin.

Glad you two like my pics and thanks for your wishes!

Helga, you`ve seen the "ghost"?! I wasn`t sure whether should post it or not but it doesn`t give away much, so it`s OK.
Tin-Yau

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Today was not very exciting. I went to Rausch Chocolate to get some sweet stuff for my family. Especially for my brother in law because he got me one movie ticket when the sale started and I had to work. Giving a kiss

Here you can see the Reichstagbuilding made of chocolate.

And the Brandenburg Gate also made of chocolate

An empty red carpet waiting for Markus Imhoof`s Eldorado.

This pic from Herr (mister Wink ) Imhoof is not good but while he was close I was busy getting his autograph. I was impressed because he came over to 2-3 fans and when I went to the spot where he was signing he was about to turn away so I said - not screamed! his name and he turned towards me and signed my photo.

I don`t know but he`s got an interesting face.
What do you think?

That`s it for this year`s Berlinale adventure. It was really nice to have you two with me once again, thank you!
santa HOHOHO And because you have beeen on the "good" list, there will be something in your mail soon. I just have to figure out how to do it. santa

And if everything goes as planned, after Berlinale is before HK. love

Stay healthy you two!
Waving
Safran

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last Berlinale "nightshift" for you, dear Heike Wink
And again you manage to surprise us with nice and original ("Sweet Berlin") pics Drool
Mister Imhoof has an interesting face / character indeed. He somehow reminds me to somebody else. (no idea who !?)
Heike, we have to thank YOU , for all your effort...friendly sharing your daily impressions with us. Computer salute Applause
Regaring your mysterious santa-lines, I do not know what to say.....Question Embarassed scratch Laughing
Looking forward (very much) to companying you here
again to Hongkong in April Dancing love
THANK YOU once again Applause Giving a kiss ....and have a
safe return home Waving
yitian

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Helga's point of view +1!
Time flies so fast - have a safe trip home!!
Love all pix you so skillfully taken. Thanks again for spending so much time to take us with you in Berlin Giving a kiss salute flower . Hopefully we will see you here again during your trip to HK Pray Razz . As for santa , your kindness to share is the best already Very Happy .
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.tonyleung.info Forum Index -> Get to know each other All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: