TONYLEUNG.INFO
Discuss Tony Leung with fellow fans!

Welcome to the Discussion Board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
  Log in to check your private messages Log in to check your private messages   
Click here to go to Archival Tony Board (2003-2012)

Operation HK 2017
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.tonyleung.info Forum Index -> Get to know each other
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tin-Yau

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 6:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Safran wrote:
You're welcome, Heike Very Happy
We have to THANK YOU for sharing all these exciting adventures with us ! salute flower
Good to see you finished the run well - even enjoyed it Smile ....and are satisfied with your performance Very Happy Applause BRAVO ! CONGRATS !

Helga, it is really a joy sharing all this with you guys.

Thanks, the run really went better then I expected. Yesterday I was thinking, "Heike, this might be your first dnf (did not finish)". So I was prepared for the worst, well at least something without a pleasant ending.
Tin-Yau

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 7:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Surprise, surprise, photobucket is working again.

Screenshot from my running app.

After a bit of rest I hopped on a ferry to Ma Wan or Park Island.
But before I checked out that village I needed something to eat.
Chicken, rice, soysauce and my beloved ginger oil, I had extras of these. Very Happy

Tsing Ma bridge which connects Lantau with Kowloon.

A few years ago I spent some time on Ma Wan but I never went to that abandoned village.
As you can see, weather was delightful.

Actually today is my second last day here in HK but the first time I slightly regretted not to bring my SLR with me. Nice building.

Storage room

As you can see all these building are surrounded by a fence, unfortunately. Wouldn`t it be fun to walk into these buildings?

Old Ma Wan main street. Everywhere that ?§$%° fence.

And another nice crab. I haven`t seen this pattern before - I think.

You tell me if you take a quick glimpse, is this a snake or a branch?

View from a Tin Hau temple towards the sea.

And my dinner. BBQ pork, scrambled eggs and rice noodles.
I already miss that food.

No idea if I can post anything tomorrow my flight goes after 11pm. or where I should go, actually. Cheung Chau is tempting, but it`s bun festival so hordes of people.
Safran

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello again Wink
Heike your energy is really admirable salute rambo Applause .....
exploring the more interesting places after a 10 km run !!!
Could you figure out why this old village was abandoned /buildings are decaying ? I wonder - on a place like this !? Surprised

At first quick glimpse this little branch could be seen as a little snake Shocked ....or am I wrong ? Wink
Your second last day already ? Rolling Eyes Time flies !....passed too quickly Crying or Very sad
Have a smoothly running last day, dear Heike thumbleft
I already miss the HK explorations with you Confused

Given you are too busy with packing .....tomorrow:
I'm wishing you one (or two ) more delishes meal(s), a departure in time....and a safe flight home (watching a nice last HK movie on bord... Wink ) Giving a kiss Waving
yitian

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Heike, for all your efforts to keep us entertained and educated Giving a kiss Giving a kiss .

A BIG CONGRATS to you for finishing the 10K run with good results thumbright .

I can't believe time flies so fast - it's time to go back..... But don't be sad, the next time coming to HK is just around the corner Very Happy . You will be greeted with more beautiful scenery and exotic creatures. Just like the way that red legged crab, or a turtle earlier looking at you love Laughing . BTW, I guess the "tree brunch" would be a snake, judging by the way you said. But it really looks like a tree brunch Shocked We got open our eyes at all time......

Have a good rest and safe flight home Pray Waving salute flower
Tin-Yau

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Safran wrote:
...Heike your energy is really admirable salute rambo Applause .....exploring the more interesting places after a 10 km run !!!...

Helga, there is much more in running then "just" running. You get so much back. Moreover, I don`t need as much sleep when I`m in HK compared to home. I have much more energy here.
As for this time, there have been very view days I walked lass then 10k . Usually I walked between 15 and 25k per day.

Safran wrote:
Could you figure out why this old village was abandoned /buildings are decaying ? I wonder - on a place like this !? Surprised

Yes, they`ve built a new village and several estates on the north side of Park Island.

Safran wrote:
At first quick glimpse this little branch could be seen as a little snake Shocked ....or am I wrong ? Wink
Your second last day already ? Rolling Eyes Time flies !....passed too quickly Crying or Very sad

I thought so too about that branch. That`s what happened 2 years ago when I`ve seen my first snake, I thought it was a branch. Confused

Can you imagine, it`s the 26th day I`m in this great place again. Time really flies.
Tin-Yau

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yitian wrote:
Thank you Heike, for all your efforts to keep us entertained and educated Giving a kiss Giving a kiss .

Gee, I hope I didn`t bore you all with my reports. Laughing

For me it`s something very special to share what see and how I see this city every day. Really.
Safran

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 5:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"bore us".....hahaha Shame on you Razz
sunny A GREAT PLEASURE IT WAS ! sunny
Many many THANKS flower for your effort once again , Heike Applause love Giving a kiss

A safe travel home ! Very Happy Waving
yitian

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tin-Yau wrote:
...Gee, I hope I didn`t bore you all with my reports. Laughing...

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing "bored" Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
It is so "boring", I visit this page at the first opportunity every day Wink .
ham

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Heike Smile
I enjoyed reading your daily life in Hk. everyday. Thanks again.
Safe flight. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Tin-Yau

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 6:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, you are not bored with my report. I`m glad.

As for my last day, I wanted to go to a nice beach, smell, see and hear the water a last time BUT long lines for the ferries to Cheung Chau and Lamma. Instead I went to Tai Po. Till now I`ve been to Tai Po several times, getting off one bus and hopping on the next. But somehow I like it there.
Mostly I`ve seen this street and I wanted to see more.

Man Mo temple, declared monument.

Nice

I`ve waited for that shot, with no one around, about 20 minutes. I didn`t want to take a pic from locals praying, lighting incense or such things, that`s not my style. You see the smoke from the "fireplace" on the left where they burn paperthings and from all the incense? Imagine how I was smelling when I left the temple. Dizzy But it was worth it, I like that shot.

My brunch Laughing BBQ pork and rice, damn it was good.

Little shop, that`s the place. Friendly people.

Shop at the market at Plover Cove Road

And I`ve discovered a nice shop selling DVD and VCD. Drool In Love
Of course I`ve found something to add to my collection. Some out of print (as far as I know) goodies. The shop is for sure on my to-do-list for my next visit but then I need more time.
The gem on the right I have seen at a guy selling other stuff, watches and things. I was quite suspicious if it`s still working, but it does. Dancing

Now that`s it. Thanks to you all for your comments. It really was nice to take you with me.
When I arrived this morning at Munich airport we had 5 degrees and rain, what a huge difference to the 28 we had yesterday.
You all take care stay healthy! Pray
yitian

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So glad to see you arrived home safely.

Tin-Yau wrote:
...I`ve waited for that shot, with no one around, about 20 minutes. I didn`t want to take a pic from locals praying, lighting incense or such things, that`s not my style. You see the smoke from the "fireplace" on the left where they burn paperthings and from all the incense? Imagine how I was smelling when I left the temple. Dizzy But it was worth it, I like that shot.

This is indeed an amazing shot, my sensitive friend thumbright . I'm actually a bit surprised that you were able to find a moment the no one is in the view of your camera. Lucky us to see this pic. Thanks a bunch Giving a kiss .

Tin-Yau wrote:
And I`ve discovered a nice shop selling DVD and VCD. Drool In Love
Of course I`ve found something to add to my collection. Some out of print (as far as I know) goodies. The shop is for sure on my to-do-list for my next visit but then I need more time.
The gem on the right I have seen at a guy selling other stuff, watches and things. I was quite suspicious if it`s still working, but it does. Dancing

This is definitely treasure hunt for you. 1:99! Wow, I actually never saw it sold anywhere Embarassed . I also see one priceless item in your collection Wink Laughing . Truly priceless love . Next time, you may find a Karaoke VCD to sing along Laughing Laughing .

Have some good rest and stay warm Sleepy sunny .
Safran

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 2:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad to hear you arrived home well, Heike Smile
Many thanks for the very beautiful last HK impressions Very Happy
This nice quarter looks very promising for your next "Operation HK" indeed Wink
Have a good and hopefully not too strenuous start at work.
My very best wishes for a looooong lasting effect of your reloaded
batteries thumbleft Laughing
With the exception of the Karaoke-issue Razz , I strongly underline Yitian's comments Exclamation
See you, dear german friend...and TAKE CARE ! salute Waving Giving a kiss
Tin-Yau

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No singing from me my friends! That's for sure. Shocked

Also no running today at the 'wings for life world run' - hopefully next year again. Crying or Very sad Had a cold when I left the plane and fever since thusday. And another run coming up in 3 weeks. argue cussing
ham

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Heike
Get well soon. Smile Smile Smile
Safran

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Best wishes for a speedy recovery, Heike thumbright TAKE CARE !
Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.tonyleung.info Forum Index -> Get to know each other All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 9 of 10

Jump to: