TONYLEUNG.INFO
Discuss Tony Leung with fellow fans!

Welcome to the Discussion Board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
  Log in to check your private messages Log in to check your private messages   
Click here to go to Archival Tony Board (2003-2012)

Operation HK 2017
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.tonyleung.info Forum Index -> Get to know each other
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tin-Yau

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 7:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Safran wrote:
Sorry for my late feedback, Heike..... Razz :

Main thing is Helga that you enjoy the photos. thumbright
Tin-Yau

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Today was the first day since over a week which was, according to the observatory, without showers. So off to a hike.
I went to Tai O and hiked along the ancient trail to Tung Chung. I did the 15k in 4 hours with a few photo calls in between. It would have taken longer but I needed to hurry a bit because I had a dinner date with Agnes and Swan and I had to take a shower first and a bit putting up my legs wouldn`t hurt either.
This was the path I`ve seen my very first snake 2 years ago.

Tai O at hight tide

This little fellow walked a few steps beside me, like "look I`m here!". I didn`t see him at first though he was maybe 40cm away from my foot. He was really patient and not scared at all and I could take some pics.

And that huge amount of garbage really scares me.

Then I came across a beautiful butterfly. Also very patient

I think this is some kind of centi- or millipede. It was about 15cm long.

Down by the sea is Tai O my starting point.

Friendly locals along the way.

Temple along the way

Coming across the next 2 lizzards, 2 local women where wondering why I squatted down. Then one saw this one and said full of surprise that she wouldn`t have seen it.
No idea why it has these red dots.

And just a few meters further. Also to the joy of the locals. One of the women told me this is called a "four legged snake". Tina teached me that some years ago.

Further along the way I`ve seen this fellow. He let me come pretty close.

Nice sight along the way.

And the last one for today. Almost in Tung Chung. It looks a bit like he`s smiling. No?

Back in town I had to eat something. Chicken and noodles and yuen yeung at Lan Fong Yuen at Macau Ferry Terminal.

I also have seen a snake today. Well at least the back part of one. I`ve seen about 30-40 cm of a brown-ish, slightly triangular shaped part of a snake. It was about 8-10 meters away, so I was safe but I also couldn`t see any markings to destinguish. Confused
yitian

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tin-Yau wrote:
You mean the portugese and HK style?
The portugese cost 10 macanese pataca and the HK one 6.5 HK$ Laughing
If you mean taste-wise. They both are really good. That`s good enough for me. Angel

I have no idea how to compare Macanese pataca and HK$...... Embarassed Embarassed
Yes I only mean the tastes haha. In my opinion the Portuguese egg tart tastes better, but I like the other kind well enough. I've got big sweet teeth Laughing .

Your trip in nature today is so beautiful, thanks for taking time to record and share with us. It seems you encountered many 4-legged snakes Very Happy . I think these are safe to get close to; but the real snakes......better stay a good distance.

The pic of the local lady reminds me the way people carry things in countryside in China. Good way to balance, but I never can understand how does one's shoulder can endure so much weight Think Shocked

Holiday is coming again on your side. Enjoy but stay away from the crowd Wink Very Happy .

Last edited by yitian on Sat Apr 29, 2017 5:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Safran

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A daily joy it is to watch your pics, Heike love:
This time following you to HK's beautiful rural surrounding....in nice weather for hiking thumbleft
Hiking with your eyes open, you see even those beautiful little creatures on your way Very Happy Shocked
Afterwards a good meal....and meeting nice friends....A GREAT DAY it was ! cheers
Tin-Yau

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 6:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yitian wrote:
I have no idea how to compare Macanese pataca and HK$...... Embarassed Embarassed

Yitian, it`s about the same.

yitian wrote:
Your trip in nature today is so beautiful, thanks for taking time to record and share with us. It seems you encountered many 4-legged snakes Very Happy . I think these are safe to get close to; but the real snakes......better stay a good distance.

There seem to be different kinds of "4 legged snakes" a local was telling me. He added some more info which I couldn`t understand.

yitian wrote:
The pic of the local lady reminds me the way people carry things in countryside in China. Good way to balance, but I never can understand how does one's should can endure so much weight Think Shocked

If you look at the shoulder it looks heavy but the lady was in a good mood.
Tin-Yau

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 6:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Safran wrote:
A daily joy it is to watch your pics, Heike love:

I`m glad about that, Helga.
It is so wonderful here even for the 20th time. It seems I don`t get bored of this place.
Tin-Yau

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 7:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Today I went to Shek Mun. There is a 10k run tomorrow and I wanted to check out the area. But first I had to check out something for my sister. On my way from the city up to my place I always pass by a spice shop. Meters before and after you can smell those spices - wonderful. Goolge it if you like, I found out that this shop is famous for it`s spices. "Yuan Heng Spice Company". The owner speaks pretty good english, so he told me about the different spices and answered my questions. Unfortunately I had to promise him to come back later because I had to give the info to my sister and there is a 6 hour time difference. He looked like he didn`t believe me. I`ll show you! Laughing

But first breakfast at Hoi On.
Toast with scrambled eggs, bacon and spring onions - so delishious

In Shek Mun I walked along the Shing Mun river and heard drums. At fist I thought a dance but then I realized that`s the rhythm of dragon boats. Shocked
As much as I could understand there was a university championship.

9K flag for tomorrow. If I can make it there, the last 1000 meters should be managable - I hope. Confused I haven`t been running since monday, so I have NO idea about that cussing muscle except that itīs still bitching every now and then.

Anyway, my shirt is ready.

Then I went back to the spice shop. The owner approached me with a smile and I said "I told you I will come back".
If I only could send you a nose full of that smell.

Dinner at Tsui Wah, vegetables with tossed noodles in XO sauce.

I have no idea if there is anything to report from tomorrow. Forecast says 25 degrees at 8am - congratulations. rambo
Safran

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heike you describe the scent of countless exotical herbs and spices that well (infecting)...I think to smell the aroma when watching the referring pic Laughing ....I love ! Drool ( ....and always try to visit local markets when travelling)

For tomorrow's 10 km run my VERY BEST WISHES for freedom from pain, good weather conditions, powet, endurance ....and wings on your legs Wink thumbleft
Applause Applause Applause Hop hop hop ....GO ! Heike GO ! rambo cheers

GOOD LUCK !
.....and see you , when ever Waving
yitian

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tin-Yau wrote:
......9K flag for tomorrow. If I can make it there, the last 1000 meters should be managable - I hope. Confused I haven`t been running since monday, so I have NO idea about that cussing muscle except that itīs still bitching every now and then......Anyway, my shirt is ready.......

Good luck and go go go. Just think your TL.Info buddies as well as your friends and family all over the world are on your side and supporting you, you will do well Razz . My best wish for a good performance, plus nothing goes wrong with your body parts Pray salute sunny .

The pics of delicious food and various spices, is jaw dropping for me. Hoi On not only has nice looking business card, the presentation of its toast is also eye pleasing Very Happy , and tastes mouth watering (you confirmed) Very Happy Very Happy . Almost half the open spice containers were filled with one kind of Chinese pepper corn or the other - I never know there are so many variety... wonder how they taste like Drool Very Happy .

Anyway, thanks for daily feeding of interesting things and stories. Good luck tomorrow, and have a good rest afterwards thumbright Waving . Hopefully see you the day after tomorrow Giving a kiss
mary

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heike Good Luck for your run tomorrow my time/ today in Hong Kong hope it goes well and doesn't cause pain. These days I'm hardly fit to run for a bus (but do walk quite often) so amazed by your energy. Enjoying your photos and comments hope to visit the forum more often. In future will make the time soak up the warm kind posts I find here among kind spirits. Enjoy rest of your holiday.

Helga Yitian and Heike thanks for welcoming replies to my earlier post. Know it's been way too long from other visits just I really didn't have the time also somewhat guilty of not making the time to post. At times way too late to add a comment. Unless something terrible happens will never forget my password as once a Tony fan always a Tony fan.

If you remember Helga one time I nearly lost my connection with the forum through technical ignorance messing round with my Profile and log in. I was guided back by kind helpful fans. Had learned my lesson didn't do this again. Embarassed

Best Wishes

Mary
ham

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Heike Very Happy
Good Luck. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Safran

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 3:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Mary Smile
I do remember your bad luck in the past Wink
Sooo GOOD to know you around, dear Irish friend ! Very Happy flower

See you....when ever Waving
Tin-Yau

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 3:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yitian wrote:
Good luck and go go go. Just think your TL.Info buddies as well as your friends and family all over the world are on your side and supporting you, you will do well Razz . My best wish for a good performance, plus nothing goes wrong with your body parts Pray salute sunny .

Yitian this is so sweet! Thank you!
Tin-Yau

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 4:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you so much you all for your good wishes! Pray Now I know WHY it went that pleasant.
Actually today`s run went ... not bad. I`ve felt that cussing muscle already when I went down to the Sheung Wan MTR station and thought "please not now it`s too early, at km 7 or 8 is soon enough". But the run itself went, well considered my last though 9k along the harbourfront, quite good - pain wise. It got quite warm today and in the middle part of the race was no shadow, which was tough. rambo But not much pain was much better. Dancing The helplers along the way did an amazing job. The run is called "fun run" but this one was really fun. Every now and then they lined up along the way and cheered, applauded and screemed "add oil" in cantonese. Once a woman was cheering on everybody passing by screaming "add oil" and then calling the name on the bib. Of course she had quite some problems pronouncing mine. She went "add oil Hi, Hii " the I said "it`s Heike" and then she "add oil Heike" that was special. I could stay a bit under 1h4mins which is not super good but for me, considering everything, satisfying.

Seems I have a problem with photobucket today. I can`t upload pics neither from my computer nor my mobile. Confused Confused
After the run I went to Park Island or Ma Wan. On my way with the bus to Lantau I`ve seen an abandoned village on Ma Wan and I wanted to see that up close. Took some pics. And I promise as soon as photobucket is working again and I find the time I`ll post them.
Thanks again for all your good wishes for my run today! Giving a kiss
Safran

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 5:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're welcome, Heike Very Happy
We have to THANK YOU for sharing all these exciting adventures with us ! salute flower
Good to see you finished the run well - even enjoyed it Smile ....and are satisfied with your performance Very Happy Applause BRAVO ! CONGRATS !

Btw: Although we're looking forward to seeing your pics :
Please take your time. First of all rest and relax !!! Very Happy

GOOD NIGHT Hongkong Waving Sleepy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.tonyleung.info Forum Index -> Get to know each other All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 8 of 10

Jump to: