TONYLEUNG.INFO
Discuss Tony Leung with fellow fans!

Welcome to the Discussion Board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
  Log in to check your private messages Log in to check your private messages   
Click here to go to Archival Tony Board (2003-2012)

Operation HK 2017
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.tonyleung.info Forum Index -> Get to know each other
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tin-Yau

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 4:56 am    Post subject: Operation HK 2017 Reply with quote

Friends, I`m back. love
Hope you all are doing fine!

You know my mom always used to say "if one is going on a trip, one has many stories to tell". And boy is she right this time. I arrived today at around 3.30pm and had already as much excitement that it could last for a week or more. One hour before I wanted to leave my home for the airport I received a call from Airbnb that my host has cancelled my booking and I had to look for something else. You can imagine that for my 25 days stay I pick the place I`m gonna live in very carefully but that dream was gone. Gladly I found a room which is ok in location as well as in money and size - I thought. That host told me she doesn`t want me ther for more then a few nights because it`s right in the middle of Lan Kwai Fong, she added she will give me another place wich she has to manage first. So I left Germany with a suitcase full of uncertainties. Will that actually nice looking place really be that noisy? Will the other place she wanted to put me in really be as small as in those pics? What if .... . What if ... . Rolling Eyes

Everything went smooth after my arrival. The LKF room is really nice but already really noisy and it`s only 9pm. Good I`ve brought my earplugs.

And it`s good to know that on Saturday I can move into the other room.

I have nothing to show from today except ... FOOD. In Love

Braised noodles, wonton, oyster sauce and iced lemon tea.

Maybe more from tomorrow.
Safran

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear - lucky back in Hongkong - Heike Razz
Many thanks for sharing your adventure with us again ! salute love
What a long stay this year ! Very Happy
You are a very experienced HK-traveller fortunately...and managed this unexpected situation well thumbleft ( I would have panicked Shocked d'oh! I guess haha )
Have a GOOD ( not tooo noisy ) NIGHT in LKF ! Sleepy
I'm looking forward to accompanying you again Dancing .....
here on board at least Wink Waving
See you ~

Btw: Thanks for the nice supper thumbleft
Tin-Yau

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Helga!
Good to have you around!
Glad you like my ... our dinner!

As for the place I`m staying - oh my god is it noisy. It got slightly better at 4.30am. And the street looked like a trash site this morning - unbelievable! Shocked I mean partying and having fun is one thing but that ...

In the morning I went for my long anticipated run. Did the loop twice, nice and slow.

And of course ... In Love

Nice whatever. Do you guys think it might turn into a beautiful butterfly one day?

After that I went for some lunch, also longed for that taste for quite some time.
Congee at Sang Kee.

After that I checkend out the area I will be moving to tomorrow afternoon. Then I took a ride to SHau Kei Wan on the "Ding Ding", the tram.

In the evening I met Agnes and Swan for dinner.

Hot chicken sichuan style

And noodles with peanuts and turnip cake.

And dumplings with soup and some rice rolls.

Tomorrow I`ve signed up for a hike and also have to move, so no idea if I post anything.
Safran

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good evening from Carinthia , Heike Very Happy
Many thanks for your effort...and first interesting impressions salute Applause
Hope your next accommodation will be less noisy ( no party-zone ) geek Drunken argue ... to remain fit for your various explorations and sports activities Wink
The Peak ! ...I loved this most impressive place and view. Guess it is a joy to watch in all weathers love How often you've already been there so far ...approximately ?
Oh, how nice !...A delicious dinner with dear Agnes and another friend....after this busy day Very Happy (I wish I would have been present Wink )

Good night for " today "....and GOOD LUCK for tomorrow ! thumbleft
See you ~ (when ever it suits you ) Giving a kiss Waving
yitian

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOW!!!
Time flies - it's this nice period of time AGAIN. Few days of being super busy and not looking, I found gem in this website. Very Happy
Thanks for bringing us beautiful pictures from this beautiful city, plus amazing stories and delicious food love Drool Giving a kiss . That caterpillar, which looks like a perfect loop, surely would turn into a pretty butterfly. Hopefully it don't become someone's dinner first ~.
Be careful, and enjoy Waving .
Tin-Yau

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Safran wrote:
... How often you've already been there so far ...approximately ? ...

It's exactly my 20th visit, Helga. Mr. Green
ham

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Heike Very Happy

Thanks a lot for sharing your experience in Hk again in this year. Very Happy
I'm looking forward to seeing the next. Enjoy with it. Very Happy

ps. I miss hk sooooo much as well. Especially egg waffle and..... Laughing
Tin-Yau

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 4:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the wishes!
I`ll do my best to share my experiences with you.

ham wrote:
ps. I miss hk sooooo much as well. Especially egg waffle and..... Laughing

Ham, I`m sure I can get you a pic of the egg waffles, I love them, too.

As for today, I signed up for a hike with the HK Hiking Meetup. If you come to HK, get the Meetup app and join them. Those guys really are a friendly bunch.

Today we hiked along the south lantau country trail. Weather was nice and warm, just as I like it.

View along the trail.

A very patient butterfly, a large faun, when we took a break.
I guess you know this kind already. I took pics of this kind of butterfly before.

After the hike along the Sheung Wan waterfront. Pretty clear sky today. Would have been nice night pics from the peak but I`m too tired. My heart rate monitor shows 20k of walking and it`s only the 2nd day. I hope the weather will be good and grant me another chance.

And after that I`ve met a ex cantonese teacher for dinner. I let her pick where to go and ... what can I say I went back to the place I`ve been yesterday for lunch. She lives a bit more to the west from that place but never ate here before. Shocked
She said she enjoyed the food.
I hope you don`t get bored with my congee pics.
Do you guys like that kind of food?

Do you have any request regarding pics. Less food? Less wildlife? Would you like to see something in particular? Tell me, OK?!
Safran

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Heike Smile
...... already luckily moved to your new, hopefully more convenient accommodation Razz
Wow ! 20 times on The Peak ...you probably celebrated this
special jubelee properly Laughing cheers Applause

Many thanks for your great pics . As for me, your selection of foto's is perfect thumbleft Very Happy
Pics of your explorations, beautiful nature , cityscapes , historical attractions, versatile dishes...... I enjoy ! angel love
Btw: I never tried Congee ...or Waffels, I have to admit Embarassed
My stay in HK was too short ....and the choice/ range of
HK's culinaric delights was too wide, to taste more Crying or Very sad - UNFORTUNATELY ! Laughing

GOOD NIGHT Hongkong Waving
yitian

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Heike, for all your efforts to show us your visit in the lovely city HK Giving a kiss .
You know, I'm greedy, not only I love to see all pix you show to us, I also secretly desire for seeing more Embarassed Giving a kiss . However, I definitely don't want to see you spending more time for posting, it is already A LOT! I know I know ~. I am satisfied and I appreciate it very much salute .
20 amazing times already! Very Happy Very Happy Is the 21st to 200th time coming soon? Wink Laughing Please take it easy, Chinese has a saying "細水長流“ (steady flow runs longer), enjoy but don't over burden yourself Very Happy .
In NYC, there is no shortage of Cantonese restaurants, variety of congee dishes and the whole nine yard. In summer time, egg waffles are sold on streets in Chinatown Very Happy Drool . I love them all Laughing Laughing ......
Look forward to seeing more pics and hearing stories of all sorts of wonders sunny flower
Tin-Yau

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Safran wrote:
Hello Heike Smile
...... already luckily moved to your new, hopefully more convenient accommodation Razz
Wow ! 20 times on The Peak ...you probably celebrated this
special jubelee properly Laughing cheers Applause

Yes, oh I forgot. Lovely tiny room, even a little bigger then I expexted. Newly renovated. Nice and quiet. No partyzone.

Oh. Misunderstanding Embarassed It's my 20th visit to HK. To the peak - I never started counting. But my guess is with all the runs up there ... a lot. Laughing

It's a pity we don't have china towns in Austria and Germany Helga. Otherwise these delishious foods would be reachable.
Safran

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 1:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ouuups .... Embarassed ...I see
I'm glad for you, you found a nice place after all thumbleft
For authentic and delishes Chinese ( or other Asian) dishes
I have to travel to Vienna ! Rolling Eyes

Noticed, yesterday, the 36th HKFilmAwards take place today Very Happy
Will you seize the chance and try to shoot some nice fotos from this event ??? ...GOOD LUCK... given you manage to reach the red carpet Wink... Razz Dancing
However ...Have a nice evening ! Waving
ham

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 2:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good evening Heike Smile
I like all your pics,they are very nice photo but don't forget the pic of egg waffle.haha
Tin-Yau

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 2:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will not go to the red carpet. Our Grandmaster isn't attending! Wink
Went to Sai Kung today, later more.
Tin-Yau

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 2:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ham wrote:
I like all your pics,they are very nice photo but don't forget the pic of egg waffle.haha

I won't Ham!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.tonyleung.info Forum Index -> Get to know each other All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 1 of 10

Jump to: