TONYLEUNG.INFO
Discuss Tony Leung with fellow fans!

Welcome to the Discussion Board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
  Log in to check your private messages Log in to check your private messages   
Click here to go to Archival Tony Board (2003-2012)

Operation HK 2017
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.tonyleung.info Forum Index -> Get to know each other
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Safran

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GOOD MORNING to Hongkong ....and
flower HAPPY EASTER flower , Heike !
Your pics of Lamma Island are very beautiful Very Happy ...and particularly the first
one makes me yearning to travel to a tropical island Very Happy

Waving Dear Mary.
It is my great pleasure to see you here again love....Seems Heike's daily reports and thoughts effected spontanously unique memories in all of us Wink Just 1 more dear travel companion of our fabulous "Berlin-Quartett" I'm still missing Sad Computer

salute THANK YOU Heike...(and "The Grandmaster" sunny ) ...for triggering this "reunion" here at least love .(...and take good care of yourself not to overstress your body. We are looking forward to seeing more of your
wonderful HK impressions ! haha Wink )
yitian

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How nice to see no crowds in the view from your camera, on a Good Friday. Like you, who may have a little claustrophobia, I may have a little enochlophobia , Shocked. Beautiful pics of nature suits me the best, haha. Sky, land,water...... all living things in nature, with or without moving, pleases my eyes a lot Razz. Thanks for sharing Giving a kiss.
The golden dragon fly is so calm and relaxing, it let you point and focus at it without taking off...... I guess you must be talking to it when you took the photo - and, it listened Laughing Laughing :p.
Tin-Yau

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 4:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Helga it was because I could see The Grandmaster again, it brought back so many nice memories. Great that I have "triggered" something. Even if it`s short termed.
So all in all, it`s Tony`s fault. Laughing No Grandmaster - not the 4 of us in Berlin back then.

yitian wrote:
How nice to see no crowds in the view ... Like you, who may have a little claustrophobia, I may have a little enochlophobia , Shocked. Beautiful pics of nature suits me the best, haha. Sky, land,water...... all living things in nature, with or without moving, pleases my eyes a lot Razz. Thanks for sharing ...

I do have my claustrophobia most of the time under control. In your case, ummm don`t ever come to HK during a public holiday! This is like, I don`t know, thousands of people just everywhere.
But as you I prefer the nature , the loneliness, it`s sounds and it`s creatures.
Tin-Yau

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 5:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Today I really couldn`t decide where to go. So after breakfast I went to Yau Tong and walked up Devil`s Peak. Hoping to avoid the crowds - wrong!

At least I was able to aquire my favorite spot and sit there for about 1 hour till the sun dissolved the fog, well almost.

If you can`t remember the Devil`s Peak - I`m sure now you can. Wink

Then I went down to Lei Yue Mun, a village which is famous for seafood.

On my way down, the sun is fighting her way through the last bit of fog.

The Tin Hau temple.

Ham, this one is just for you!

And my dinner. Rice, beef and tomatoes.

And a little addition to my HK movie collection.

Tomorrow I will go to (don`t call me crazy I know I am!) Lamma because there are dragon boat races tomorrow. Of course I can`t miss them!

Waving
yitian

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tin-Yau wrote:
If you can`t remember the Devil`s Peak - I`m sure now you can. :wink

Oh yes, I do. I even remember I did some screen captures from THE movie back a couple of years ago Very Happy . It seems nothing has changed there Very Happy Very Happy .

Tin-Yau wrote:
...So all in all, it`s Tony`s fault. Laughing No Grandmaster - not the 4 of us in Berlin back then.

It more looks like "to Tony's credit" to me ...... Laughing Laughing Laughing I wonder when will it be the next time Question Think salute sunny flower

The pic of sea creatures, I don't think i know half of them, but nonetheless I'm sure they all taste delicious Drool . Enjoy your day with the dragon boat races sunny
Tin-Yau

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="yitian"]
Tin-Yau wrote:

Tin-Yau wrote:
...So all in all, it`s Tony`s fault. Laughing No Grandmaster - not the 4 of us in Berlin back then.

It more looks like "to Tony's credit" to me ...... Laughing Laughing Laughing I wonder when will it be the next time Question Think salute sunny flower

Both phrases mean the same, we just used different expressions. Laughing
ham

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Heike
Thanks soooo much for the egg waffle pic. love
Hope you enjoy with the dragon boat race. And I hope I can see it there one day. Smile
Happy Sunday in Hk. Smile Smile Smile
Tin-Yau

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 4:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ham wrote:
Hello Heike
Thanks soooo much for the egg waffle pic. love
Hope you enjoy with the dragon boat race. And I hope I can see it there one day. Smile

You are very much welcome, Ham!
Yes do watch a dragon boat race one day. It really is a nice experience.

Yitian, I haven`t had seafood there and I have no idea about their names.
Tin-Yau

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 5:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As mentioned before I went to Lamma today to watch the dragon boat races. I got up early because the long lines at the ferry pier last friday still scared me. So off to breakfast, I would have liked some congee at Sang Kee before I went to the pier but it was closed. So I got the 8.30am ferry. As you can see in the pic is was quite foggy and cloudy. But the weather got better, I`ve got some tan and a bit sunburn.

Photos from the races
Those close ups from the races are not made with my mobile.

Nice flags on a boat.

A bit away from the crowd.

After the races I went "home" and stopped by McDonalds for a cone of matcha ice cream. Yumm! 7HK$

Then I went to Wah Fu Estate to check out the waterfall there. I`ve seen this waterfall quite often from the ferry but was curious to see it up close.

Then I tried to find a place I`ve often seen on Instagram which looks very interesting.
This is the entrance.

Amazing!

Look at that!

My facial expressions must have looked very astonished because a man approached me and asked me if I know the reason for all of these statues being here. I only read about it on the internet but don`t know if it`s true or not. And he startet to tell, he grew up in this estate and about 30 years ago he left, moved in together with his wife. Back then this place was home to about 100 statues. People take these statues there because e. g. their parents die, they move in with their wife and she doesn`t want that particular statue (in that case maybe one should think about if it`s the right person after all), many different reasons, so people bring this statues here because one simply can not destroy a statue like this. They all have a little concrete at their base so they don`t fall down and they all face the sea. Such an amazing place. Maybe I`ll go back on a week day when there are less people.

And then was there a Shocked sunset.
Those hills you see is Lantau.
Amazing!

My dinner at 5 Dragon. Fat noodles, scrambled eggs and shrimp. Delishious as always.

Safran

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GRRRREAT pics....as usual , Heike thumbleft Applause love
Sorry , for my late comment. I'm too busy to writing- for celebrating " Easter-family-gathering" these days Wink Btw: Although I enjoy watching daily Very Happy
The pics from the boat races are very impressive ... and the hundreds of little figures are very special and unique ! love
Wish you similar nice weather for the next days....and more of those wonderful sunsets love Very Happy
Cheers ! See you - asap Waving
yitian

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amazing pix of the Dragon Boat Races - you captured all the tension and excitement!! It must be nice to be there, with sound added to the action Very Happy .

The place with many statues is equally amazing. I never know such a place could exist. From the types of statues displayed, one can see the types of statues HK people keep in their houses. I guess it is a good way to keep them together...

I wished I can easily find matcha ice cream, like in McDonald's on every other corner of the streets...... Guess not all McDonald's carry the same menu. Does it taste as yummy as the those coming from a specialty store Question Think ...

Thanks and enjoy more salute sunny flower
Tin-Yau

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 6:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I`m glad you like my photos. They can only give you a very small impression of this wonderful place.

As for today, the main purpose was to escape the crowds. So off to Sai Kung and on a sampan.
As far as I remember I mentioned in my first report about the Sai Kung trip that we went on the red tour, this is wrong it was the blue one -
sorry for that! Not many new sights today, except for the weather, we`ve reached a bit over 30 degrees celsius here today.

This is an amazing sight. In Love
Crystal clear water, sunshine ... without words.
Honestly I wished that sampan tour would have lasted the whole day.

Our ride

View to the front of our boat.

After Sai Kung I decided to cool myself off. And where can one cool off in HK? Right in a cinema, it is freezing there. I went to a free screening of "Bullets over summer" starring Francis Ng and Louis Koo.

I like those tickets.

And my dinner. Rice, scrambled eggs and tomatoes. So good!

No idea about tomorrow. Forecast says tuesday and wednesday fine then for the following 7 days rain and thunderstorms. Rolling Eyes

Last edited by Tin-Yau on Tue Apr 18, 2017 6:47 am; edited 1 time in total
yitian

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, the views are really amazing, thanks for sharing with us, those who helplessly stuck Home for various reasons Very Happy .

Scrambled egg with tomato, I'm glad you like it. For most of Chinese, this probably is one of the easiest and tasty dishes to make. I do this all the time Laughing Laughing
Safran

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GOOD MORNING from back-to-cold Austria, Heike Wink
Wish you could send a few of your tropical HK degrees, to raise our currently uncomfortable 7°C Sad
The beautiful pics of your second Sampan tour looks "Like in heaven" to me sunny haha....A bright sunny day on a boat...the clear sea with amazing shades of turquise...the little green islands wherever you look....Ohhh, LUCKY YOU ! Very Happy .....Enjoy these moments and keep in your heart love

Given weather really changes to worse, you always can spend lot's of joyful hours in theatres or the "Cultural Center"...currently offering several events, I recently noticed on HKIFF fb site ( as far as I could figure out correctly Wink )... A chance to watching more free screenings or searching for interesting movie- literature...ect Wink
However ! I'm not afraight you'll ever get bored in HK Laughing love

Have a great afternoon ! Waving

Dear Yitian Smile
Could you please send us your recipe of this tasty and easy dish ? Embarassed No hurry ! (Only when you have the time ...and muse Wink )

PS :
Got this , Heike ? 🎬 電影節第四日:「範式轉移:後九七香港電影」節目場刊~~
🎬 #HKIFF41 Day 4: Paradigm Shift: Post-1997 Hong Kong Cinema booklet
Tin-Yau

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 6:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yitian wrote:
Scrambled egg with tomato, I'm glad you like it. For most of Chinese, this probably is one of the easiest and tasty dishes to make. I do this all the time Laughing Laughing

Yitian, I could eat these every day. I have to force myself to test other dishes.

Safran wrote:
... Ohhh, LUCKY YOU ! Very Happy .....Enjoy these moments and keep in your heart love
... I'm not afraight you'll ever get bored in HK Laughing love

Dear Yitian Smile
Could you please send us your recipe of this tasty and easy dish ? Embarassed No hurry ! (Only when you have the time ...and muse Wink )

Cold? My aunt wrote that they had snow today. Boy am I glad I`m here. Rather heat then cold.
These moments are kept safely, don`t worry.
Me? Tired of HK? It`s my 20th time here and I had not even one bored moment. Wait yes I had one but that was not especially HK related.

And Yitian, I`d also would like a recipe of that dish. Yes I now how to make scrambled eggs. Yes I know how to cook rice. But it`s all in the sauce! Please?! Pleasepleasepleasepleaseplease!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.tonyleung.info Forum Index -> Get to know each other All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 4 of 10

Jump to: