TONYLEUNG.INFO
Discuss Tony Leung with fellow fans!

Welcome to the Discussion Board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
  Log in to check your private messages Log in to check your private messages   
Click here to go to Archival Tony Board (2003-2012)

Operation HK 2017
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.tonyleung.info Forum Index -> Get to know each other
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tin-Yau

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 5:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yitian wrote:
Ooh la la, these pics are amazing; and the things you will do (i.e. taking the roller coaster) is astonishing Laughing . Thanks for sharing your pics and stories with us. Giving a kiss
I love the first 2 pics, if you didn't point out, i would easily think they were taken from 2 completely different locations. BTW, what is the fire ball in the sky in your second pic? Lightning?
:

Yitian, I would love to ride that roller coaster but I guess it`s only for decoration.
The light/fire ball is the red "Shun Tak" neon sign you can see in the morning pic. That`s the island side ferry terminal to Macau. I tried to get the same angle for you to compare.

ham wrote:
Hello Heike Smile
Thanks again for sharing your adventure in hk. I don't like to go to the cave as well because I'm afraid of the darkness. Embarassed
You took a selfie with a cow? Laughing
Have fun and enjoy with the yummy food. Smile

Hey Ham! Glad you like my photos.
I`m not afraid of darkness, I`m ... ummm let`s say not fond of small rooms, e. g. caves, elevators, .... What to do!
Tin-Yau

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 5:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Today I went for an easy 10k run along the harbourfront in the morning, because it was cool, around 20 degrees, humidity ~80% and a nice breeze. Pleasant.
Afterwards I met Agnes for dim sum at Lin Heung.

BBQ pork rolls

Shrimp wan tan deep fried

BBQ pork buns and something with chicken.

Afterwards I went to the HK Arts Centre cinema to see "Call of Heroes". Louis Koo is doing an amazing job as a lunatic villain. Applause

When the movie was over there was a rainstorm around and I decided to see another movie, so I could stay dry. "Mad World" was my pick. Eric Tsang really deserves the award for best supporting actor for his role in this movie. Otherwise this is not my kind of story, maybe because it`s too much work related.

On my way back "home".

Dinner. Wan tan noodle with hot and sour soup from Zheng Zong Yun Gui Chuan. Yesterday`s dinner was from there too.

No idea about tomorrow. The rain is supposed to continue.
Tin-Yau

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 5:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yitian, sorry! I almost forgot.
yitian wrote:
I'm curious, is the water really so green? Seems to me the water and your ice cream make a perfect pair for colors Wink .

It is. I remember a friend arguing "why HK`s water is turquoise, water is supposed to be blue". I won`t mention names! Wink
Safran

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 6:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Enviable Heike !
Running 10 km along HK's harbourfront in the morning....then eating most delicious looking (and surely great tasting as well) dim sum with a charming HK friend.....later watching 2 nice local movies - enjoying the stunning evening view/ skyline afterwards....and as final of this day: Another yummy dish Laughing Happy body and soul !!!
What more can you desire from a day in HK ?! Very Happy cheers Applause
Cheers !
Tin-Yau

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 7:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Safran wrote:
What more can you desire from a day in HK ?! Very Happy cheers Applause
Cheers !

Nothing, Helga. Nothing. In Love Pray
yitian

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tin-Yau wrote:
... I would love to ride that roller coaster but I guess it`s only for decoration.
The light/fire ball is the red "Shun Tak" neon sign you can see in the morning pic. That`s the island side ferry terminal to Macau. I tried to get the same angle for you to compare ...

Too bad about the roller coaster ride, maybe you still can climb up and slide down when no one is looking Laughing (kidding Laughing Laughing ).
Thanks for pointing out the details of that 2 amazing pics. What a nice shot from a pair of extremely sturdy hands Shocked thumbright Exclamation . I remember one certain person from HK shared with us a lot of nice pics of scenes in movies and the location - they were also amazing love . Guess you know who is this Wink Razz
It looks that you had an amazing day. nice food and TWO movies Drool Applause . In US, wan tan is spelled as won ton..... It reminds me someone used to say won ton, and really mean "not now" as refusal Laughing Laughing Laughing . And your "... something with chicken" looks like chicken and other things wrapped in soybean skim, a byproduct from making tofu, I believe. i love this stuff Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy .
As for tomorrow, I'd suggest more movies. It's good to stay dry and nourish your injured foot as well - one stone shoots 2 birds Wink . Enjoy and take care Waving
Tin-Yau

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yitian wrote:
In US, wan tan is spelled as won ton..... It reminds me someone used to say won ton, and really mean "not now" as refusal Laughing Laughing Laughing . And your "... something with chicken" looks like chicken and other things wrapped in soybean skim, a byproduct from making tofu, I believe. i love this stuff Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy .

I checked the menue. Here they write it Won Ton too. Embarassed I just transliterated it from cantonese, sorry.
The other things wrapped were mushrooms and stuff. And you are right it`s tofu skin.
You said more movies, but of course. Wink
Tin-Yau

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Today I went to the "Lions Nature Education Centre" in Sai Kung. Forecast said rain again and I thought this should do the trick, with all the exhibition halls I might be outside and also be able to escape possible rain - there wasn`t any btw. .
Not sure if you realized btw, the photos I`ve given you so far all have been made with my mobile. The animal photos from today are done with my small baby. The 30 zoom really came in handy.

Nice butterfly. too many to get them all.

What are you looking at?

After that I continued to Sai Kung city to have some lunch.
Tofu with rice and shredded meat in hot sauce.

Then I discovered the sampan from last sunday`s trip.

Seafood for sale. I asked if I could take a photo, don`t want to get into any trouble.

And Yitian suggested more movies. But of course!
A free!!! Shocked screening of The Grandmaster in 3D in the city hall in central. What a gift! When I stood there in line waiting to get in, over 1 hour before the screening started, I remembered the first time I`ve seen this wonderful movie (not in 3D back then) and remembered the nice company I had, and ... love ... suddenly I had to grin - actually I`m still smiling and shaking my head. In Love

Isn`t that one cool ticket?!

love

No plans for tomorrow yet, except for a run in the morning. Weather is supposed to be so-so.
Safran

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow....great nature pics in amazing quality ! (handy-camera ?!Shocked ... and I already admired your endurence, carrying your heavy camera / Rucksack on your extended explorations ...all day long !!?? Laughing ) So beautiful little creatures on greenest green Wink
Wish we could get such spicy flavoured Tofu-dishes ...or at least 10% of such freshest seafood variety here Confused Lucky Hongkongers ! thumbleft

THE GRANDMASTER sunny ....free...and in 3D ! ...Lucky Heike ! cheers
Of course I remember this very special Berlin screening Very Happy (How could one of us 4 travelling fans ever forget ? love love love love )

Best wishes for a pleasant run/dry day tomorrow Smile
GOOD NIGHT Hongkong Waving:
mary

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Heike

Wish you well in Hong Kong really very happy for you hope you have many memorable experiences on this adventure.

Also wish you many more visits and experiences, your wonderful photos and posts bring much joy.

Apologies not been in contact for so long but life and work make me busy elsewhere but I haven't forgotten what we all shared.

Your post of The Grandmaster has spurred me to send this post. I still have my ticket from Berlin a very special treasure.

Your photos remind me of places seen on my couple of visits to Hong Kong obviously I have not seen as much or visited as much as you this must be a record. I have to say some of the Hong Kong food we can get here but even though it tastes very good doesn't compare to eating in Hong Kong.

Enjoy your time sending you all my best wishes

Hello also to Helga hope you are well who knows maybe sometime somewhere can meet again.

Tony

One special person still hard working bringing joy and happiness with your great talent. I admire you as a person giving so much to so many always faithful and kind to your fans a great ambassador in all you do. I try to see as many of your films as possible grateful when they are shown in a cinema near me. Once a fan of Tony always a fan of Tony as you give so much always in our hearts, wish you well in all you do.

Mary
yitian

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What an absolutely special day it was! I'm so envy you Heike. The Grandmaster 3D, WOW, if I can see it in a cinema I would have no regrets in this life Very Happy . I've only watched the 3D version on a computer, as 2D of course. This one is largely based on the US version..... So you probably would be one of the very few people who watched so many different versions on big screens.

Your pix of nature, are always as beautiful as ever. That turtle, obviously is looking at you Laughing . It must be asking you "do I look handsome and colorful", or "make sure take a good pic of me; don't forget to show me to your friends" Laughing Laughing Laughing .

Mary, it is such a pleasure to see you here. I quite often hear my friends mentioning you. I'm amazed you still remember your password Wink Laughing .

Everyone, let's wish Heike another joyful day Waving .
Tin-Yau

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 4:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Mary!
Wow is it good to see you here. When the day of the screening of The Grandmaster came closer, I had to think so much of our time together. The 4 of us, in cold Berlin. I hope you are fine and not too busy!
Come back here once in a while, we all miss you!
Tin-Yau

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 4:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yitian wrote:
What an absolutely special day it was! I'm so envy you Heike. The Grandmaster 3D, WOW, if I can see it in a cinema I would have no regrets in this life Very Happy . I've only watched the 3D version on a computer, as 2D of course. This one is largely based on the US version..... So you probably would be one of the very few people who watched so many different versions on big screens.

Please don`t get envious. Be happy with me. I really wish you all could see this version!
yitian wrote:
ot;yitian"]yitian"]Your pix of nature, are always as beautiful as ever. That turtle, obviously is looking at you Laughing . It must be asking you "do I look handsome and colorful", or "make sure take a good pic of me; don't forget to show me to your friends" Laughing Laughing Laughing .

Yes Yitian, his exact words to me in cantonese. Laughing
Tin-Yau

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 5:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Safran wrote:
Wow....great nature pics in amazing quality ! (handy-camera ?!Shocked ... and I already admired your endurence, carrying your heavy camera / Rucksack on your extended explorations ...all day long !!?? Laughing )

Yes I took the pics with the camera of my mobile, unless pointed out.
I listened to the advice of my physio not to carry my heavy photo backpack with me on my holidays which is around 10/12kg. It`s poison for my damaged neck.
Tin-Yau

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 5:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually I wanted to go for a run in the morning but after about 1k I was sure that it won`t work, so I went back "home". Already weeks before I left for HK I had problems with a muscle in my right thigh right on the inside above my knee. It`s hard and causes pain in my knee.

So after that I decided to go for breakfast. But, what, my Hoi On Cafe is closed - damn I totally forgot it`s Good Friday today - public holiday. So without breakfast (my appetite was gone) off to ... I thought Cheung Chau. Because I thought maybe there is the Tin Hau festival still going on. I`ve seen some pics on the internet. At the pier I was quite sure that I don`t want to go to Cheung Chau, so many people were waiting to go on board. OK I though off to Lamma. At that pier not as many people were waiting to get on board. The big advantage with Lamma was, I know some less popular paths to avoid the crowd. Wink

When I arrived at Lamma my appetite came back. So I went to a dim sum shop and bought 2 BBQ pork buns and went straight back to a lovely quiet beach.

Breakfast with a view. Yitian, see the colour of the water?

Then I continued towards Pak Kok along the Lamma Island family walk.

Nice butterfly, made with my powershot.

And an exceedinly patient dragonfly. Pic made with my powershot.
What a beauty!

Nature taking over

Yung Shue Wan, the bamboo tent for the cantonese opera is set up.

Of course I had to take a break at the tofu auntie for a bowl of her famous stuff.

Near Lo So Shing beach

View towards Sok Kwu Wan

My dinner. Fried noodles, beef, green peppers and black bean.

In the meantime I have eaten so many different dishes at the 5 dragon restaurant but can honestly say there was only one dish that I didn`t like. This one was really yummy.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.tonyleung.info Forum Index -> Get to know each other All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 3 of 10

Jump to: