TONYLEUNG.INFO
Discuss Tony Leung with fellow fans!

Welcome to the Discussion Board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
  Log in to check your private messages Log in to check your private messages   
Click here to go to Archival Tony Board (2003-2012)

Operation HK 2017
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.tonyleung.info Forum Index -> Get to know each other
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ham

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 2:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tin-Yau wrote:
ham wrote:
I like all your pics,they are very nice photo but don't forget the pic of egg waffle.haha

I won't Ham!

Thanks a lot. Laughing Wink
Tin-Yau

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 8:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As mentioned in a post earlier, I went to Sai Kung today. Actually just to have a walk, explore the city, have some nice food, ... not many expetations. Along the waterfront are many people offering rides to beaches and islands. I wasn`t in the mood for a hike or a beach, so islands was not an option. One mentioned a round trip, that`s when I startet listening. He told me 100HK$ (~12€) for a 3 hour trip with 30 minute stops at 3 locations. Sounds a fair price, don`t you agree.

That`s the map of the round trip.

This was our first stop. Btw, we went the other way around to what the map is showing.

The second one. Nice rocks.

Caves along the way.

Last stop was Yim Tin Tsai.

Nice St. Joseph`s church. Basic. I like that.

Our captain. A bit grumpy that old lady but I got to understand why. At each stop we had a 30 minutes stop to explore the places and most of the people came back late. Not nice. At each stop she always said in a very demanding tone "30 minutes" in cantonese and looked at me very strict. She couldn`t speak english but asked me when I came back the first time, the first person from our bunch, whether I walked around or not. And I still cant believe I replied in cantonese that I did, it was nice but 30 minutes is not much time. Shocked Shocked
She`s cool, isn`t she?

Later I asked her it I can sit outside of the cabin, she said yes and I enjoyed it even more being so close to the sea ... awww it was so nice. I really loved it. Pic from up front. In front of us is Sai Kung city.

I really love to do that trip again. It was sooo nice on that boat.

Some ... refreshment.

My dinner.

Where I could watch a bit of the red carpet.

After dinner I went to get my tickets for the HKIFF.
cheers In Love

And the movies I`ve bought so far.

Nightynight!

Last edited by Tin-Yau on Mon Apr 10, 2017 5:59 am; edited 1 time in total
yitian

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Greetings, our frequent HK traveler! What a nice day you had love .

Thanks for all the really nice pix and stories. Beautiful places you went today! By looking at the pic of your captain lady, I can imagine her tone of "30 minutes", haha. I think 100 HK$ for taking such a trip is really a bargain. You can spend much more time when you come to HK for the 21st - 200th times Wink . I'm curious, is the water really so green? Seems to me the water and your ice cream make a perfect pair for colors Wink .

Enjoy your upcoming viewing pleasure of all these movies, in theater and in front of TV Very Happy . In See You Tomorrow, you can appreciate so much of yet another great performance from Tony: he is touching, sensitive and funny. You probable will enjoy him freely exchanges among Cantonese, Mandarin and English when he speaks love / Laughing /Sad

Tin-Yau wrote:
...Our Grandmaster isn't attending! Wink ...

BTW, he was there, in a way Wink . Check what I found and posted Laughing love
Tin-Yau

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 6:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yitian wrote:
Greetings, our frequent HK traveler! What a nice day you had love .

Kind regards back to you, Yitian!
It was a great day and I will do that boat ride again, not next time but this.

yitian wrote:
Tin-Yau wrote:
...Our Grandmaster isn't attending! Wink ...

BTW, he was there, in a way Wink . Check what I found and posted Laughing love

I`ve seen it, the live streaming. Honestly I didn`t like it. Had already an argument with someone around here. Not talking Maybe the reason was I didn`t understand it. No subs. In addition I don`t like to see Tony with a mustache, sorry.

As for today. In the morning I went for a nice humid run. My HK Observatory app said 90% humidity, how this feels when running ~7k I`m sure you can imagine.

After that I needed something to eat of course.
Breakfast at Hoi On Cafe.

And then I took a bus, actually 2, to Mui Wo. There I wanted to visit the Silvermine cave and the waterfall.

Nice temple along the way.

Inside

Interesting gate along the way.

The waterfall. I think I should come back in 2 or 3 days. It is supposed to rain in the next 2-3 days and then there will be more water. Hopefully.

The cave. One can`t go inside the cave, luckily. Maybe you remember I don`t like narrow places. Dizzy
This was the farthest I could go.

Maybe you know about Lantau`s feral cows?
I spoke to one because it turned to me then it followed me a few steps. Haha.
The one on the left, I didn`t touch it though. I`m not afraid of cows but people say one should not touch them. Some time back when on a hike with Tina I talked a cow into getting off a small bridge so that we could continue. Funny incident.

Aaand another delight. Fishballs.

And my dinner. BBQ pork, flat noodles and scrambled eggs.

No idea about tomorrow since the forecast is rain.
Tin-Yau

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 6:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Safran wrote:
I have to travel to Vienna ! Rolling Eyes

Wishing you a safe and pleasant trip, Helga!
Safran

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 7:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great pics from an great day ! Very Happy
Fortunately this tough lady-captain was not an island pirat rambo ....haha
....this beautiful island exploration for little money is definitely worth to be repeated Very Happy
Regarding your tickets....and little treasures on DVD:
Have much joy watching dear Tony on the big screen, Heike.... LUCKY LUCKY YOU ! love
Btw: If you'll find more DVD's for your collection, you'll possibly have to buy an
extra suitcase to carry home Wink (little joke ) I guess you'll have lot of experience from your former 19 trips thumbright

Enjoy another nice dinner and have a good and restful sleep Drool Sleepy See you ~ Waving
Safran

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry.....I'm belated ...and far to slow in responding Wink
You meanwhile wrote your today's "report"....with beautiful pìx from beautiful places you passed on your "humid run"...and had yoour dinner. Guess you will fall into sleep quickly today Very Happy
Running up such stony trails ...under this humide conditions is surely very hard Shocked ....your fitness and energy is amazing, tough Heike !
Btw: Did you talk with the surprised cow in cantonese...or in german ? haha

Here we had a bright summerly day( dry) ....making necessary preparations for the Easter family meeting, next weekend Wink

Some and when a lazy, rainy day is not that bad, I think.......to rest, process the seen and make next plans....Wink
GOOD NIGHT !....and SEE YOU ~

PS : Sorry for my poor English Crying or Very sad ....causing misunderstandings . ( To Vienna I WOULD HAVE to travel, to get authentic Asian food Wink....I meant )
yitian

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ha, you've certainly been amazing places and done very interesting things Very Happy .
I am so amazed to see all kinds of nice looking temples you come across, you manages to find many in each of your trip. It makes me wonder "are Hong Kongese all very religious?" Think . I definitely wish they fulfill everything in their prayers.
As for your ability to communicate with animals, I think my comments back in few years ago remain correct Wink . This is really funny Exclamation Laughing . After done laughing, I have the same wonder as Helga has: "did you talk the cows in Cantonese or in German"? Question Maybe a mixture of both that makes your conversation unique Laughing Laughing Laughing .
Looking at your food, I feel so hungry Drool ...... I'm going to stop working and go have a big dinner ...... Soon Very Happy
Have more fun tomorrow, but stay dry if possible Waving
Tin-Yau

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Enjoy your dinner, Yitian.

From what I've seen in the temples Yitian there are religious people here in HK. Praying/making wishes. Offering incense.

Actually I spoke in my mother tongue/dialect to the cow which is swabian. It was a funny incident. Waving

Off to breakfast.
Tin-Yau

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 6:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trying to keep up with your questions.

Safran wrote:
Btw: If you'll find more DVD's for your collection, you'll possibly have to buy an extra suitcase to carry home Wink (little joke ) I guess you'll have lot of experience from your former 19 trips thumbright

That is nothing. My record is 36 DVD/VCD in one suitcase. DVDs are quite cheap here. Often you get an offer for 3pcs/100HK$, so no trouble with customs on my way back. Wink I never bring much to wear, wash every night. Wink

Safran wrote:
Running up such stony trails ...under this humide conditions is surely very hard Shocked ....your fitness and energy is amazing, tough Heike !
Btw: Did you talk with the surprised cow in cantonese...or in german ? haha

I don`t run stony trials. Clumsy me would break her legs and then her neck. Shocked Just at the peak or along the Sheung Wan harbour front towards Central.

Hope I`m up to date now, if not SCREAM! Exclamation
Tin-Yau

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 7:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad you like my little impressions from my beloved city.

View from my window from yesterday`s morning. Tai Chi practise.

And tonight a few minutes ago, It`s raining.

Breakfast. Egg sandwich and hot milk tea.

Inside. I told the lady that I missed their food and if there`s a possibility to deliver to Germany once in a while, she laughed.

After breakfast I hopped on a bus to Sham Shui Po. I didn`t want to walk a lot today because my feet felt kinda strange, of course they are not used to walk so much. Today it`s only 12k, in addition the day before I left for HK I sprained a toe - at least I hope it`s only sprained and what can I say that little devil hurts and has many, many colours. rambo
Some years ago, a former cantonese teacher took me there because there is a nice Guan Gung temple. I wanted to go there again, because I have fond memories of that place. Look for yourself.

My "friend".

View from the back of the hall. This place is over 100 years old I have been told.

After the temple I went to Dragon Centre. Look at that roller coaster under the roof. You know what? I want to ride that!!!

View from the top floor.

I like these low rise buildings.

Then a hill cought my eye, Of course I HAD to go up. With lots of help of google I found the path. At the top is an observatory, unfortunatly not open to public. Darn it looked so nice inside.

My dinner.

Actually I made, at least I thought I made, 2 more pics I wanted to show you. I`m confused Confused . Either I was too quick or my mobile too slow. I had a delish egg tart and thanks to the Open Rice app for lunch some nice Shan Dong food.
Safran

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heike your daily program is amazing ! salute....the more with painful toe !! Shocked
May your visit in this beautiful temple, your red-faced friend and several local "gods" (patron saints ?) be helpful for a quick recovery Pray Very Happy
Many thanks also for today's culinaric pics thumbleft (Although: Very hard to watch for me on a zero-calorie-day Drool haha )
Tin-Yau

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the recovery wishes!

Safran wrote:
Many thanks also for today's culinaric pics thumbleft (Although: Very hard to watch for me on a zero-calorie-day Drool haha )

You are on what? Shocked
yitian

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ooh la la, these pics are amazing; and the things you will do (i.e. taking the roller coaster) is astonishing Laughing . Thanks for sharing your pics and stories with us. Giving a kiss
I love the first 2 pics, if you didn't point out, i would easily think they were taken from 2 completely different locations. BTW, what is the fire ball in the sky in your second pic? Lightning?
Seeing your Guan Gung Temple, I was reminded this movie "Timeless Romance". I wonder if anyone of you have every seen it. Quite funny Laughing Laughing Laughing . I also remembered many pix of Guan Gung you took in your previous trips Very Happy .
Good luck with your shopping for DVDs and others goodies cheers
ham

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Heike Smile
Thanks again for sharing your adventure in hk. I don't like to go to the cave as well because I'm afraid of the darkness. Embarassed
You took a selfie with a cow? Laughing
Have fun and enjoy with the yummy food. Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.tonyleung.info Forum Index -> Get to know each other All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 2 of 10

Jump to: