TONYLEUNG.INFO
Discuss Tony Leung with fellow fans!

Welcome to the Discussion Board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
  Log in to check your private messages Log in to check your private messages   
Click here to go to Archival Tony Board (2003-2012)

Operation HongKong 2016
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.tonyleung.info Forum Index -> Get to know each other
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tin-Yau

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2016 4:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

13 years ago today, a great artist decided to end his life.
Since I`ve never been this early in HK before, I had to go to that place and see for myself. Honestly, I had a lump on my throat when approaching The Mandarin Oriental. I could see people standing there, lay flowers on the ground, praying, crying, ... see for yourself.

Many people

I like this one, he looks so peaceful and satisfied.

What also was amazing was the smell of all those flowers.

Later I`ve got my hands on something special.

You can see, visibility is not good these days. I`m not complaining, don`t get me wrong! Today was the first day I could wear short sleeves, ecxept when I went running. It`s cool here at the moment.

And you already know that I like him very much. This one`s a beauty, isn`t he?

And today`s dinner. Braised noodles with pork, veggies and chilli oil at Five Dragon Restaurant again.

Tin-Yau

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2016 5:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also wanted to buy a ticket for the additional screening of 'ten years'. All 5 additional screenings are sold out. Seems I have to wait for the DVD release. What to do!
Safran

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2016 6:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A tough young woman you are, Heike ! Walking 14 km ! What you call a "rest" ... would kill me ! :l:
No joke ....I admire ! ....and hope you had a delicious meal afterwards Wink

Just noticed your next postings
Thanks for sharing the impressive pics of the sad place of Leslie's last tragical decision. (13 years already ...and unforgettable) Crying or Very sad

Did you still manage to get the announced books ( 25 years Jettone).....and latest WKW Compilation ? Oh....I wish I were there Wink
yitian

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2016 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for sharing those beautiful and sad pix at the Mandarin Oriental with us. I guess this has become a HK phenomenon evry year around April 1st, since 2003. It must be ultra moving when one is there in person.

So glad to see you got your hands on some CDs, mine is coming via Yesasia, but who knows when they will arrive. At the mean time, I could just look at your pic and play the old version on my computer Wink . BTW, I like the unusual cover of AoT, haha. I love Yesasia, except they don't carry the book for Jet Tone 25 Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad .

Thanks for everything else Giving a kiss . Love to see you having a good day everyday Razz .
Tin-Yau

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2016 6:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I`m glad you like my pix, though the background is a sad one.

As for today, I joined a hiking meetup.

We went along the Kap Lung ancient trail.

Mountain bikers come down here, can you believe it?

It was very misty, so not really good pix.

As far as I know, if you smoke them, you blow your brains out - for good.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brugmansia

A loop around Ho Pui reservoir

Nice and quiet place, even on a saturday.

And tonight`s dinner. Chicken, black pepper, peppers, rice. Five Dragon Restaurant.

Safran

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2016 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many thanks for today's excursion to Hongkong's beautiful
surrounding and amazing nature Smile .... and the wonderful view as a special gift ! love
Guess it is very impressive to see the blooming trees....and big "Angel's trumpets" growing inmidst tropical woods in nature. ( Here we see cultivated in many private gardens - in summer only )

Your dinner-pic inspired me for changing my tomorrow's cooking plans ...haha
Have a good night in HK, Heike Sleepy Waving
yitian

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2016 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's so nice to see pix of the ancient and remote trails, franked with beautiful flowers - showing the quiet side of HK love . And, many thanks of some education on "angel's trumpets". I guess the plant is safer now, as it hasn't gone seed yet. Still, one probably wouldn't want to touch any part of the plant. On the other hand, hope you wouldn't have any encounters of the poisonous snakes.

Be careful in the wild, and enjoy the beauty Very Happy .
Tin-Yau

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2016 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I`m glad you like the pix. Hongkong`s wildlife is really amazing, beautiful and always exciting.

Not much from today. I went for a run in the morning. Since there was no sunshine, I went from Sun Yat Sen park along the harbour front to the Tamar building, back and forth till I had 8.5k, which is not bad in my opinion with sore muscles as a result of yesterdays hike. rambo

Sun Yat Sen statue

I hope I didn`t write any word salad cos it`s already very late.
Sleepy
yitian

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2016 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It looks to me the Sun Yat Sen Park is so nicely situated, to rest after a day of hyper-activity, or to get a fresh start for a day Wink . Nice pix as always... thanks Very Happy .
Hope you had a good rested night.
Safran

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2016 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No word salad at all, Heike Wink....but beautiful city impressions again Smile
Hope your body will recover well over night.....to feel fit for your next exciting explorations flower
Tin-Yau

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the no-word-salad confirmation, Helga!

Sun Yat Sen park is nice, Yitian and perfectly located, right across the place where I live. All day long you can watch people doing all kinds of Tai Chi, running or doing other work outs, or just relaxing.

And thanks you two, I had a well rested night, slept till 9.30am. Shocked

Today I did Hong Kong Trail stage 1. Which starts at The Peak and ends at the University Hall area. Never have done stage 1 and since it`s a short hike because I had a movie date in the evening, this hike seems just right.

But first I crossed the harbour to get something for a friend.
study Wink

Weather was good today, it got warm - just as I like it.

Along the trail.

Nice blossoms.

And close to Universitv Hall, why not stop by, right?

Later it got a bit wet. Wink
Cloudy, but beautiful after all.

In the evening I joined Agnes and Tina to see 2046 together. Today is the last day of HKIFF.
Afterwards Agnes and I went for dinner.
In Love

And black sesame soup for dessert.

yitian

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tin-Yau wrote:
...Today I did Hong Kong Trail stage 1. Which starts at The Peak and ends at the University Hall area. Never have done stage 1 and since it`s a short hike because I had a movie date in the evening, this hike seems just right.
In the evening I joined Agnes and Tina to see 2046 together. Today is the last day of HKIFF....

It seems you had a very busy and fruitful day: doing Hong Kong Trail stage 1, alone passing some beautiful spots Very Happy . The pic of HK University always reminds first of the movie "Dr. Mack", I am so glad that a Blu-Ray disc was released recently love .

Time flies, the HKIFF has ended on a high note with "2046". It was 2013 when I saw it on big screen last time, it feels like yesterday when I recall those very happy days Very Happy .

Tin-Yau wrote:
...But first I crossed the harbour to get something for a friend. study Wink ....

Already being busy, you kind soul did something extra. Highly appreciated Giving a kiss salute flower .

Hope coming days will be even better for you to enjoy more sunny .
Safran

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great pics again ! Very Happy

A wonderful and exciting day it obviouslly was. "Hongkong's best !. sunny
From sportive morning run with breahtaking view from The Peak flower....to watching one of the best HK movies ever Cool (in my view) on big screen - and in dearest company love .......ending the day together with HK's delicious food. Wow ! .....Will be
hard to top ! haha Wink
BTW : This cloudy harbour-pic I like very much ...great amosphere !

Many Thanks !.....and enjoy further on Waving
Tin-Yau

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2016 4:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yitian wrote:
... The pic of HK University always reminds first of the movie "Dr. Mack", I am so glad that a Blu-Ray disc was released recently love .

Same here. A good reason to go back. Wink

Helga, that "view from The Peak" pic was not taken during a run but already from HK Trail Stage 1, beyond The Loop.

As for today. A 10k training run in the morning.

And a nice breakfast afterwards.

And then I wanted to do Sir Cecil`s Ride. I started at Wong Nai Chung Gap and finished at Quarry Bay. 3 hours of a nice walk for ~10k.

They look amazing, don`t they.

The quarry

Towards Kowloon, you can see I had no luck with the visibility today but then it got not so hot.

I just couldn`t resist.

At almost the end of the path, I enjoyed listening to the singing of several indian cuckoo for at least 5 minutes. This bird singing sometimes sounds like "hello". It was so beautiful. A pity I cannot upload mp3 here, or can I?

And busy ants, red ones, getting something up a tree! Shocked Suddenly I have to scratch my head.

And last but not least dinner. Braised noodles, veggies and oyster sauce. Yummy

My heart rate monitor says I`ve walked 30k today and burned 2600kcal. Shocked Shocked Shocked scratch
sparkles_n15

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2016 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice pics!! Looks like you are enjoying your trip. Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.tonyleung.info Forum Index -> Get to know each other All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 2 of 8

Jump to: