TONYLEUNG.INFO
Discuss Tony Leung with fellow fans!

Welcome to the Discussion Board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
  Log in to check your private messages Log in to check your private messages   
Click here to go to Archival Tony Board (2003-2012)

Berlinale 2016
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.tonyleung.info Forum Index -> Get to know each other
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tin-Yau

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2016 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Today was all about sightseeing and a bit shopping, couldn`t find what I was looking for, though.
No red carpet for me today.

The Berlin Dome, in the back on the right you can see the Berlin TV tower.

Museum of Greeks, Etruscans, Romans

And the reason I didn`t attend a red carpet in the evening.

yitian

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2016 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tin-Yau wrote:
...I`ve bought the ticket for the chinese movie online. No idea how qick it was sold out.

So you're an experienced Berlinale ticket hunter Very Happy .
Glad to see blue sky when you were going around in the city... again, very nice pics and thanks for sharing Razz .
Stay warm Waving .
Safran

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2016 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many thanks for the nice little Berlin sightseeing tour at half-time Wink
Wow....what a blue sky sunny Cool in the morning at least !
Looking forward to seeing a few more of your excellent red-carpet's pics....possibly ?
(Just given, you are well and it isn't too burdening for you ...of course scratch )

Have another great day in Berlin ! cheers
Tin-Yau

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2016 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yitian wrote:
Tin-Yau wrote:
...I`ve bought the ticket for the chinese movie online. No idea how qick it was sold out.

So you're an experienced Berlinale ticket hunter Very Happy

I think I was just "lucky". Wink
Tin-Yau

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2016 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sooo, for today I did a bit of shopping - again. Finally found what I was looking for. Very Happy

And I went inside the Berlin Cathedral.

The roof, I love the colours of the glass.

An totally empty red carpet - awaiting Michael Ballhaus.

Michael Ballhaus 80yo, if you don`t know him, is well known for his cinematography work for Goodfellas, The Departed, Gangs of New York - 118 films in total. His latest movie was shot in 2013. Unfortunately he will never be able to work again because he is suffering from glaucoma and his eyesight is already very bad.
When he arrived at the red carpet, there haven`t been many people there, but what happened then was for me something I never have experienced before and I`ve seen quite a few red carpets at the Berlinale in the past 3 years. Normally people will start screaming the names of the arriving person, even the names of the not well known ones. But here it was silence - like in church. Everybody was watching this great old man slowly walking towards the press holding onto the arm of his wife. I got two relatively satisfying shots and was about to get ready to leave. Seeing this man, this creator of fabulous moving pictures for us to see so weak, moved me deeply and for a short moment I had tears in my eyes.

After a few minutes his wife talked to him and they slowly turned around, coming to us fans at the other side of the red carpet. I could even more see how hard it is for him to walk and he started giving autographs and talking to the people around him. Still no screaming at all - silence. He came closer to where I was and I had to bite my lower lip, couldn`t take my eyes off him holding a pen and a photo in my hand, praying a little to get it signed. Then one security (the guy on the left in the pic before) approached me, saying "I`ll take it, he isn`t well on his feet". What can I say, he came back with my photo signed. I still have no words for the behaviour of that security and my happiness.

Here you can see him with his wife coming towards the fans.

Aaand a last pic for Helga. Wink

Well this took about one hour to post and I have to got to bed now, plane leaves tomorrow at 11am.
I`m glad to have you two with me on my adventure in good c-old Berlin. I`m sure there have been more, but they didn`t bother to write a comment.

Waving
Safran

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2016 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Heike !

Cordial thanks for taking us/me with you to Berlinale 2016...
I really enjoyed very much....and recalled many moments of our
mutual Grandmaster-adventure 2013 (as a part of our "International shamrock") Very Happy
Your last red carpet pics and report of Michael Ballhaus was very touching Crying or Very sad
and the glass-windows /pics from inside the Cathedral are simply wonderful Smile

You really did a great job this year again ! Applause:
Many thanks for your effort....and not to forget: For the delicious last "drink"....haha

Wish you a smooth and safe flight home ~
Pfirti !....und hoffentlich bis bald Waving Giving a kiss
Helga
yitian

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2016 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Michael Ballhaus, whoa Exclamation Exclamation - totally deserves a lifetime achievement award at Berlinale Applause .
I know his name, and I have watched many many films shot through his lenses love . Unfortunately, I didn't know how he looks like until today. Thank you, our Berlinale photographer/reporter Giving a kiss .
Here is a little extra about Michael. I checked on Wikipedia to count how many movies I actually have seen, and found his first wife's name was Helga Very Happy . How I wished he found his 2nd wife, after the 1st one passed away, whose name to be Heike Wink . But alas NO, her name is Sherry.
I love the look of the interior of the beautiful Berlin Cathedral, so grand, especially shown in the pix taken by a pair of obviously steady hands and keen eyes love .
I am so happy for you to have had such a fruitful trip Very Happy . May I say HARVEST thumbright ? Have a safe journey home tomorrow, with the feeling of a cup of glass so full and it's spilling Wink Laughing . Take a good rest and thanks again for everything angel salute .
Tin-Yau

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2016 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks you two!

yitian wrote:
I am so happy for you to have had such a fruitful trip Very Happy . May I say HARVEST thumbright ? Have a safe journey home tomorrow, with the feeling of a cup of glass so full and it's spilling Wink Laughing . Take a good rest and thanks again for everything angel salute .

Yitian, I wouldn`t call it harvest ... actually I can`t find the right word neither in english nor in german. Let me tell you this story, the night when Colin Firth was there he took selfies with everyone around me. People around me were saying "why didn`t you take a selfie with him he was right in front of you" and I honestly had to say, I already had so much, I already had several nice shots AND his autograph, how can I ask for more. Being there was what I wanted, everything else is a bonus.

Last edited by Tin-Yau on Sat Feb 20, 2016 11:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
yitian

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2016 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I say harvest, I don't mean material substances only Wink . To experience everything you encountered, so many nice things made marks in your brain and for you to remember in the future, plus all other treasures you got collectively make a good Harvest Very Happy love Applause.

Tin-Yau wrote:
...Being there was what I wanted, everything else is a bonus.

Kudos to your consideration thumbright , Colin Firth must had a sore wrist and felt frozen on the red carpet. It's better to let the poor guy to get indoor sooner Very Happy .
Enjoy everything you had and take care sunny flower
Tin-Yau

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2016 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yitian wrote:
When I say harvest, I don't mean material substances only Wink . To experience everything you encountered, so many nice things made marks in your brain and for you to remember in the future, plus all other treasures you got collectively make a good Harvest Very Happy love Applause.

thumbright

Oh there are many pics in my head wich make me smile each time I bring them to my attention and the memory of f-f-freezing. shaking
Safran

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2016 7:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My best wishes to keep all those beautiful pictures, personal impressions and
emotions..... this "Taste of Berlin" in your mind....to recall whenever you like
(or need) in everyday life Wink
ham

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2016 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks so much for sharing your experience and the beautiful pictures. Very Happy
Tin-Yau

PostPosted: Mon Feb 29, 2016 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad you like them ham!
jing

PostPosted: Mon Feb 29, 2016 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Tin-Yau,many thanks for your sharing!

Btw,how about our Chinese movie "Chang Jiang Tu"?Have you seen it? Very Happy
Tin-Yau

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2016 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jing wrote:
Dear Tin-Yau,many thanks for your sharing!
Btw,how about our Chinese movie "Chang Jiang Tu"?Have you seen it? Very Happy

You are very much welcome!

As mentioned in my post, I`ve seen Crosscurrent and liked it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.tonyleung.info Forum Index -> Get to know each other All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: