TONYLEUNG.INFO
Discuss Tony Leung with fellow fans!

Welcome to the Discussion Board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
  Log in to check your private messages Log in to check your private messages   
Click here to go to Archival Tony Board (2003-2012)

An Article Written by Tony (in Chinese, 2015)
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.tonyleung.info Forum Index -> Tony Leung Articles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
yitian

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 7:56 pm    Post subject: An Article Written by Tony (in Chinese, 2015) Reply with quote

Tony wrote this article after watching Derek Yee's new film "I Am Somebody"
(Sorry my English is not good enough to translate this touching and beautifully written article)

听见流星的声音

梁朝伟

2012年初,《大魔术师》上映。之后的三年里,我和尔冬升各忙各的,几乎再没见过面。

这三年中,我听说这位老友跑去横店拍了一部和群众演员有关的电影,叫作《我是路人甲》。当时最令我感到好奇的,其实不是他为什么要去拍路人甲,而是他要怎么拍。这个一出道就当男主角,才貌双全又很任性的大个子,他从来都没做过路人甲,他要怎么去拍出路人甲的人生?

就是这样一个人,最近突然找到我,说要请我看电影。于是,我有幸提前看到了那部传说中的《我是路人甲》。

这是一次很意外的观影经历,如果要用一个词来概括的话,我会想到“舒服”。对,这是我今年看过的最舒服最清新的一部片,也是我最喜欢的类型,有传递信息,会让人思考,无论笑或哭都发自内心,毫不勉强。

尔冬升好像变了,变成熟了。

我想他听到这句话可能不一定很开心。

时光流转回2001年,那一年,我去横店拍《英雄》。

那是我第一次去横店,当时天气转凉,还没有那么多人,我每天踩着单车去片场,收工之后也会骑车到处转转,无聊时还会买些烟花,然后找个空旷的地方放一放。横店的夜晚很静,放烟花的时候会吓到一些乡亲大叫,我躲起来偷笑,假装与我无关。

那年的11月19号,新闻说晚上会有狮子座流星雨。半夜收工后,我拖着导演还有组里的人跑去片场的楼顶很兴奋地等着。突然,一颗流星划过,然后,又一颗。起初我们都会开心地欢呼,接下来就被越来越多的流星吓到,每个人都不再说话。

在这样安静的环境里,我隐约地听到了“咻咻”的声音,起初我有些奇怪那是什么声音,后来随着“咻”的一声,又一颗流星划过头顶,那时候我才发现,原来是流星划过天空的声音。

在那之前,我从来不知道流星也会有声音,城市里太嘈杂,人人都很忙,没时间听流星说话。

因为那场流星雨,我至今对横店都留有很美好的印象。

时光流转回30年前,当时的我还在卖家用电器,生活无风无浪。那时候我对未来的唯一设想就是,如果没意外的话,大概会一直升职到销售经理吧。

这样其实也没什么不好,但偶尔会觉得,这似乎不是我要的生活,至于我到底要什么,那时候的我并不知道。

多亏一位老友,那段时间一直给我洗脑,每天给我画各种光怪陆离的蓝图,劝我放弃工作和他一起去考艺员训练班,我最后被他说动,于是迈出了那一步。

我很感谢那位老友,但我妈当时很生气,因为她觉得这个叫周星驰的家伙害他儿子辞掉了稳定的工作,去上什么前途未卜的培训班,我至今都记得她当时对我说的那句话:“衰仔!我一块钱都不会给你!”

她真的是讲得出就做得到,在艺员训练班的那一年,是我靠自己之前的积蓄撑下来的。那一年,我每天出门只带十块钱,走路去上课。如果不小心起晚了,十块钱就要交给的士司机,那天便只能捱饿。

我很怀疑我有没有对尔冬升讲过那段经历,因为,电影里那个叫万国鹏的男孩,和当年的我,真的是一模一样的境遇。不单是他,戏里的每一个路人甲,从初入行时的不知所措,到演戏时的每一次用力过猛,都会让我忍不住笑出声,就好像看到30年前的自己。

唯一的区别,是他们带着明确的目标去了横店,而我是在进入训练班之后,才发现这是我想要的人生——我想要成为一名演员,不是明星,不是影帝,就只是演员。

“演员”这个词对我而言分量太重。2013年,我在L.A工作的时候接触到一些“临时演员”,他们平时都在从事各种各样的职业,有的是侍应,有的是清洁工,但当你问他们是做什么的时候,他们还是会说:“我是个演员。”

我相信,能说出“我是演员”这句话的人,对演戏一定是有热情的。对我来说,演员的工作就是无条件把戏做好,无关其他。

这些年来,经常有人问我,如果不做演员会做什么?我至今都想不出这个问题的答案。我不会做别的,从我入行那天起,就有一个强烈的执念伴随我,就是:不管我的角色是什么,戏份有多少,哪怕只给我一秒钟的镜头,我也要想办法让你在这一秒钟内记住我。

为了实现这个执念,我努力练习了很久,很难说这个执念就是我最初的“梦想”,但我要对得住“演员”这两个字,就必须做到这一点。

在片场的时候,我会常常忘记我是梁朝伟,因为我只记得那个执念,到今天也是这样。

回到眼前。我最近在家里看了很多日本电影,尤其是染谷将太主演的几部电影我很喜欢。看《我是路人甲》的时候,也好几次有种错觉,那个叫万国鹏的男孩和染谷将太有些相似,懵懂的样子在无形中化解了故事本身的压力,令到观影过程也变得轻松愉悦起来。

是的,《我是路人甲》这故事本身并不轻松,主演亦都是陌生稚嫩的面孔,但尔冬升太聪明,他很清楚,要完成这个题材,唯一的办法,就是找真正的路人甲来演。对演员抱持着清楚的认知和无比信任的态度,是他自《癫佬正传》开始树立起来的风格,我一直记得他看演员的眼神,那眼神分明就是在说:对,我没看错,你就是这样的人。

这感觉有时候很讨厌,但他偏偏总是对的。

戏里,年轻的路人甲们在探讨何为成功,我看的时候也在思考。我理解的成功,不是衣食无忧,不是获奖无数,而是你能否真正享受每一次努力的过程。有梦想有目标是好事,但如果只看到目标,就很容易忽略过程,就像跑步一样,你一心想跑到终点,就会忘记欣赏沿途的风景。

所以,我们有时不懂珍惜,有时自视过高,有时怨天尤人,其实说到底,都是放不下自我。很多心中不平都因为放不下,当我们学会放下,往往会获得更多。

梦想,不仅仅是有梦、敢想,还有做梦和思考的过程。因为有了这个过程,所以,结果是什么,也没那么重要了。

在大多数人看来,路人甲只是路人甲,就像偶尔擦过夜空的流星,不会一直停留在你的生命里。

但是,即使微弱如流星,也会有它的轨迹,也会在夜深人静时,借着划过夜空的那一秒钟,发出属于它自己的声音,希望被有心的人听到。

我想,路人甲也是一样,在默默坚持了那么久之后,终于遇到了那个叫尔冬升的人。

这一次,希望有更多人听见流星的声音,哪怕只有一秒。

2015年5月24日

Tin-Yau

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2015 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And I would love to read it. Damn I shoud study more. Embarassed
Safran

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2015 2:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What to do!: Me too Sad
Let's hope for somebody's help angel Embarassed......although a translation is an enormous effort Confused Think Pray

Last edited by Safran on Wed Jun 10, 2015 6:34 am; edited 1 time in total
Eri

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2015 6:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://hktopten.blogspot.jp/2015/06/20150609-tony-leung-chiu-wai-receives.html

Heike and Helga,

There is a small part of this news on above link.

I wish I could translate all of this but it is too much for me. Surprised

Basically this movie is about movie extras, and Tony wrote (or talked) about this movie, acting, and actors after watching this.

Perhaps, I can try to translate some of it where I find interesting. Wink
Safran

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2015 6:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Eri

Many thanks for your helpful and enlightening lines.... and posted link Very Happy ....and
for your friendly offer to translate some most interesting parts briefly flower

Although being very curious of course Wink , please take your time, Eri.....translations are a lot of work - we all know. Think

Waving
Tin-Yau

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2015 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Eri, I would not dare to ask anybody to translate this, it`s just too much work and would take too much precious time. I simply have to kick myself in my butt (better not I know how to kick, lol) and have to study more. rambo
Thank you for the link, I will check it out tomorrow, I just got home from work. Sleepy
Eri

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2015 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried to briefly translate about half of the article which I thought interesting.

Listening to the sound of shooting stars

Since the beginning of 2012, when "Great Magician" was distributed, I haven't seen Derek Yee Tung Shing. In last three years we were both busy.

I've heard that Director Yee was making a movie about life of movie extras called "I Am Somebody" at HengDian Movie Studio.
I was interested in how a person like him who is talented and successful from start is shooting a movie about extras.

Luckily, he gave me the chance to watch this movie earlier.

If I would describe this movie in one word, it is "comfortable". I like this kind of movie the most.
There is something to tell, make people think, and cry and laugh from deep in heart without being forced.

My memory goes back to 2001, when I was shooting "Hero" at the same studio.
At that time, it was getting cold and not so many people around, so I usually commute to the studio by bike. It was very quiet there in the evening.

On 19 Nov. in that year, we watched Leonids (shower of meteors).
After work, everyone was waiting at the roof top.
Suddenly we saw a shooting star, then another one. At first everyone was excited and cheered.
Afterward we were held back by so many shooting stars and became quiet.
In this silence, I heard unfamiliar sounds. It was actually the sound of shooting stars.
I've never known the sound before because I was too busy in noisy city life.
This was very good memory of the studio.

Go back even further about 30 years, I was working at an Electric appliances shop. I didn't know what I need to do.
Thanks to my old friend, I joined Actors Training corse. Although I am very grateful toward this friend, my mother was very mad at him. She thought this boy Stephen Chow was brainwashing her son to quit his proper job and join unknown world of entertainment.
I still remember that my mother told me "Silly child, I am not going to give you even one dollar".
So when I was taking the course, I used the money I saved. Only 10 dollars a day. I usually walked, but if I overslept and had to take a taxi, then I would be hungry without anything to eat.
When I watched "I Am Somebody", I couldn't help laughing loudly, because I was watching myself 30 years ago.
Only difference between me and them is that they went to the studio to succeed but I only found out what I wanted to do after joining the training course. I wanted to be an actor, not a superstar or the Best Acotor award winner.

For me "Actor" is a very important word.
I was working in LA in 2013 and met some extras. They do some other job for living like cleaners etc, but when I asked them their occupation, they said "Actor".
Eri

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2015 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Information about the Studio.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g1152434-d1468638-Reviews-Hengdian_World_Studios-Dongyang_Zhejiang.html
Safran

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2015 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many many thanks for your effort, Eri flower ...and your friendly prompt help angel
Although translated and not complete, one can imagine and feel Tony's spirit Wink
Warm, honest and lovable sunny....simply "Tony" ..... as we love ! love

Giving a kiss
Tin-Yau

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2015 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eri you are my angel of the day! Angel Thank you so so much for your effort! salute
Eri

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2015 5:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Although latter half is more difficult to translate, I tried because you don't really understand the meaning of the title unless you read this part. Very Happy

It is probably not direct translation and there might be some mistakes.

Continued

I believe that if a person say "I am an Actor", the person should have a passion for acting.
For me, Actor's work is act well unconditionally. Nothing else matters.

For years, people asked me "if you are not an actor, what would you do ?"
I still don't know the answer to that question. I cannot think of doing anything else.
Since the first day, I strongly felt "whatever role and whatever length of time, even just 1 second, I try to think how to leave my impression in that short time".
I have been working hard to realize this for very long. This perhaps is my first dream.
I have to keep on doing so to be called by the name of "Actor".
When I am at movie location, I forget about being "Tony Leung". I just keep that feeling and the passion for acting up to even now.

Recently, I often watch Japanese movies and I like Shota Someya's.
When I was watching "I Am Somebody", I thought one of the actor and Shota looked quite similar. Their dazed feelings reduced the pressure of serious story, and making the movie a little light-hearted.

Yes, "I Am Somebody" the story itself is not easy, also starring unknown innocent faces but Derek Yee is smart, he is very clear, to complete this theme, the only way is to find the real extra, "passer-by A" to play. He has very clear perception and attitude of trust, he kept this since he shoot "Lunatics". I always remember him looking at an actor's eyes, eyes that clearly say: Yes, I was right, you are such a person.
I felt sometimes very annoying, but he was always right.

I was wondering what the success means to them during this movie.
My understanding of the success is not earning enough money to live, nor getting a lot of awards, it is about being able to appreciate the process of making efforts at every opportunity.
Having a dream and a goal is good, but if you are only focus on the goal, you are going to miss the process easily. Just like concentrating on reaching the goal and not enjoying the surrounding scenery during jogging.

We sometimes do not understand value. Too high self-importance, blaming others and complaining, in fact, these distorts analysis. When we learn to let it go, we tend to get more.
Dream, when you think about achieving your dream. Because of this process, the result of it is not so important.

In the majority opinion, the extras are just passers-by not always stay in your life.
However, even such faint shooting stars will have its trajectory in the silent night, across the night sky through that second makes its own sound which determined to be heard.

I think that "passerby A" is the same, after long wait, finally met the man called Derek Yee.
This time, I hope more people hear the voice of shooting star even if it's only a second.

24 May 2015 Tony Leung

Last edited by Eri on Thu Jun 11, 2015 7:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Tin-Yau

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2015 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Eri so much again for your effort and spending your precious time to translate this article!

Eri wrote:
... Just like concentrating on reaching the goal and not enjoying the surrounding scenery during jogging. ...

I had a different feeling last april during my stay in HK and trying to get/stay in shape and prepare for a 10K race - my first. I love to run (up there) but also enjoyed the scenery, because a short glance at it gave me more power, more energy to speed up and I was able to push me harder to continue ... . I needed to stay focused but the very much welcomed amazing view gave me extra energy. rambo Maybe that`s the difference between pros and an amateur or just between different people. Question Here in Germany I don`t pay much attention to my surrounding when running outside I`m familiar with it anyway, but in that case ... love In Love

And to refresh your and my memory ...

Thinking about that happy days actually makes me smile a lot. Very Happy Wink
Eri

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2015 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Heike,

Maybe because it was difficult to put exact word in the sentence, made it confusing ?

What you did is exactly Tony said he would do.

If you are focusing only to reach the goal, you are missing so many other things, so the process is also very important. Very Happy

You should enjoy the beautiful scenery if you have a chance. Wink

I think I would in Germany as well. I am just too lazy to jog these days.

Thanks for the HK picture. It was such a nice day.

Thanks for your comments, Helga.

I know that my translation is not perfect, but I am enjoying the process. Laughing
yitian

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2015 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haha, Eri, you translated the entire article, in just one day Exclamation thumbleft .
Thank you so much... I'm sure you made a lot of Tony international fans very happy Applause flower .
Eri

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2015 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the comment, yitian.

My motivation to learn is interest. If I am interested in something and I have enough time, I would like to try as much as I can. Very Happy

By the way, Tony mentioned Japanese actor Shota Someya who he thinks has some similarities with "passers by A", I felt the same.
I heard about his name but couldn't remember what he looked like. Razz

Sorry, I didn't even remember his name right. His name is Shota Sometani. 😁
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.tonyleung.info Forum Index -> Tony Leung Articles All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: