TONYLEUNG.INFO
Discuss Tony Leung with fellow fans!

Welcome to the Discussion Board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
  Log in to check your private messages Log in to check your private messages   
Click here to go to Archival Tony Board (2003-2012)

Operation HongKong 2015
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.tonyleung.info Forum Index -> Get to know each other
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tin-Yau

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2015 6:01 am    Post subject: Operation HongKong 2015 Reply with quote

A friend asked me last time "How come you are so often in HK, don`t you have to work?" My answer was "I just love this city".

Do you want to come along again?

Let`s go

Actually for my first day I signed up for a hike which is on the top of my list since quite some time but I never got there. But thanks to the great weather here these days it got cancelled.
Here you can see the nice weather of today, don`t get me wrong I`m not complaining, I`m so glad I can be back.

But I got the chance to sign up for another hike/stroll which turned out quite interesting.
The hike took us to the cemetery in Happy Valley. The big orange building in front is the race course

... along Dutch Lane

... back to Central.

Afterwards I took the chance to see "Little Big Master" starring Louis Koo and Miriam Yeung which I found very good and interesting.

Btw, don`t expect great pics this time. My tennis ellbow is acting up like hell since weeks and I`m listening to my physio therapist, who advised me not to carry my heavy back pack with the SLR camera because the reason for my pain comes from the upper back. Therefore I only have my small camera with me.
Safran

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2015 8:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Heike Smile
Glad to see you back on "Operation Hongkong 2015 " cheers
Many thanks for sharing your HK passion a little with us here in Tony's Engl.forum.
Reporting from your various activities and adventures....sending beautiful pics for us to day-dreaming.... Embarassed
It is so nice to accompany you again on this beautiful trip ....at any weather haha
BTW: Although without your top camera the pics are great. Please take care ...not to overdo regarding your back/arm !
Looking forward to reading the next episode Computer Waving
See you
yitian

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2015 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Heike, for bring us your new exciting experiences of Hong Kong Trip angel
Please be very careful with your injured elbow and not to carry anything extra. Take care flower .
ham

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2015 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Heike
Thanks so much for sharing your Hk experience in this year again.
Have a good time and take care of yourself. Very Happy

A friend asked me last time "How come you are so often in HK, don`t you have to work?" My answer was "I just love this city".
I like your answer. For me, I don't have any reason.
Wink
Yuka

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2015 1:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Heike,
Hope you're enjoying HK trip Very Happy
I've been too busy so I had no time
to enjoy cherry blossom viewing here in Tokyo.
Please take care of your elbow.
Tin-Yau

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2015 3:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you all for your caring words!

Sorry you have been so busy recently Yuka. Maybe you can enjoy a bit of HK through this thread.

Today I went to the peak, but not peak as in peak peak but more peak as in Pinewood Battery and High West. These two areas are close to the peak area or accessible from there if you like.

Building in the Pinewood Battery area.

University Hall from High West.

Good thing about my small camera is, the zoom is amazing.

Pok Fu Lam reservoir from High West.

I went down there afterwards.

On the way. Isn`t it just beautiful?

The reservoir ...

And the beautiful end of the day In Love

Looks like photoshopped? Trust me it is not.

I have no idea about tomorrow. Yeah well I have an idea and it depends what my body says tomorrow morning. Maybe it was a bit too much what I did today. Confused
I think I`m getting old now. Shocked
Safran

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2015 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice weather you had Heike sunny ....and beautiful sight from above Very Happy
As long as you manage such expanded tours, you are not getting old Wink
The pics are beautiful again....and the pink-coloured evening sun amazing !
Many thanks.....and
better take things easy tomorrow Shhh
yitian

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2015 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the beautiful pics. You make us one step closer to Hong Kong love .
I must say your skills of operating a small camera is just as good as using a big one Very Happy . And I still think you sang a hypnotic song to that amazing butterfly and captured it on camera at close range Wink Laughing .
Tin-Yau

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2015 4:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yitian, the butterfly was up in a tree. My camera is a so called super zoom. She has an optical zoomfactor of 30. With that you can get stuff really close - IF you can manage to hold the camera without shaking. But later more about shaking. Shocked

Today I went not to Dragon`s Back like I wished, I had a pretty strong muscle ache and wanted to be really in shape for this one. So I went to Tai O and walked along the ancient trail from there to Tung Chung. It`s about 11km and not too strenuous I read somewhere.
But this turned out to be that day which freaked me out the most ever since I visit HK.
Let`s call it: Day of wild life.

Along the trail. A hill fire did great damage.

A beautiful butterfly posed for us.

Later on I thought there is a small stick lying in my path ... wait ... what ... it was moving, superslow but it did. I took a closer look. OK, a big worm or somethig like that. But no ... my very first SNAKE
Shocked Shocked Shocked
I stumped on the ground to scare it away but nothing, it even stopped moving. Untill it finally got out of my way and off the concrete at least 5 minutes have passed.

Now my zoom came in handy and from a healthy distance I took a few shots, my hands was really shaking.

Up to now I have no idea what kind of snake this is. Later on the path I bought something to drink and asked the old man in cantonese if he knows it and if it`s dangerous. He said "hou naih him" very dangerous.

This is what will be the future bridge which connects HK and Macau. Correct me if I'm wrong.

More peaceful wildlife along the path.

Old buildings at the end of the path close to Tung Chung.

Back in Tung Chung I went into the first temple and lit some incense to thank the local gods for a safe hike.

So hopefully I didn`t overdo it today then maybe I can finally go to Dragon`s Back tomorrow, then please without a snake! Pray

Her is a link about some info about that trail. They don`t mention snakes though.

http://www.discoverhongkong.com/eng/see-do/great-outdoors/hikes/tung-chung-to-tai-o-hike.jsp
Safran

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2015 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow.....how thrilling...what an excitement ! Confused Shocked d'oh! silent Anxious Confused
yitian

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2015 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the amazing pics, even with your so called shaky hands Surprised .
Agree with Helga: what an exciting and trilling walk Shocked Very Happy . Please be very careful where ever you go Pray .
BTW, I had to lol to those very productive frogs Laughing .

Last edited by yitian on Tue Apr 14, 2015 6:33 am; edited 1 time in total
Safran

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 3:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing
Tin-Yau

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 3:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks yitian, I always do. Otherwise I would have stepped on that snake - glad my pic made you LOL.

Today I went to Dragon`s Back. It was not too hot and the visibility was amazing.

Shek O from above

Along the path

The ending point Big Wave Bay from above. Look at those islands in the background. HK is sooo beautiful In Love

Nice moth/butterfly on the road

Here came my zoom in handy again.
Waiting for lunch.

Later I went to Tamar. Isn`t that a strange ship-whatever. It was huge!

And a view I never get tired of, especially at sunset.

Safran

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wonderful places you visit and explore again, Heike Very Happy
HongKong and surroundig are amazingly versatile flower
yitian

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So you finally made to the Dragon's back, hopefully there wasn't any exciting creatures on the path greeting your visit Wink .
I must say your smaller camera does just as good a job Very Happy. I particularly like the one you took above the Big Wave Bay, one can see the amazing blue rippling water, so clearly love .
All other pics are so pretty too. Thanks for sharing your beautiful pics from Hong Kong with us angel .
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.tonyleung.info Forum Index -> Get to know each other All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: