TONYLEUNG.INFO
Discuss Tony Leung with fellow fans!

Welcome to the Discussion Board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
  Log in to check your private messages Log in to check your private messages   
Click here to go to Archival Tony Board (2003-2012)

See You Tomorrow (aka The Ferryman)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.tonyleung.info Forum Index -> The Latest Tony News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ham

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2016 7:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shanghai press conference

[/img]
ham

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2016 7:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ham

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2016 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ham

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2016 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Premiere in Hongkong

Tin-Yau

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2016 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for posting all those pics, ham!
I wonder what in that shaker is? Question
yitian

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2016 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks ham Very Happy
Just found this article, which contains quite a bit information from recent promotional runs and interviews of the See You Tomorrow (Ferryman).

Actor Tony Leung is back after three-year break from cinema
December 24, 2016
http://www.straitstimes.com/lifestyle/entertainment/actor-tony-leung-is-back-after-three-year-break-from-cinema

Hong Kong star Tony Leung pretended he was under no pressure speaking Mandarin in rom-com See You Tomorrow
Foong Woei Wan In Hong Kong

Only an actor's actor could pull off the double performance that Tony Leung Chiu Wai gave on the set of his new romantic comedy, See You Tomorrow, in Shanghai.

In the starring role of Chen Mo, a bar owner and so-called ferryman who steers jilted, heartbroken individuals to inner peace, the Hong Kong actor often learnt long passages of dialogue on the spot in Mandarin, which is not his mother tongue.

Not only that, the Cannes Best Actor winner also pretended that "it was like nothing" and that he was under no pressure.

In fact, "on the set, my pressure is, I'm Leung Chiu Wai, I can't NG" (or do a take that is "no good"), the 54-year-old said.

For the record, he did not stumble over any lines and his scenes did not need retakes. Moreover, he never seemed to be just reciting his lines, a feat that would pose a challenge even to a native Mandarin speaker, his Taiwanese-Japanese co-star Takeshi Kaneshiro said.

But Leung confessed: "Many times, I finished and asked my scene partner, 'Did you notice just now that one of my eyes was blank? Actually, I was thinking, what's my line?'"

Then again, he probably expresses a wider range of emotions with one eye than some actors do with their whole bodies.

He has perhaps the most famous eyes in Chinese-language cinema. In Hong Kong newspapers, few reports on him - or photos of him shared on social media by his actress wife Carina Lau - have failed to mention his "electrifying eyes". The New York Times film critic Manohla Dargis has called him a "poet of hurt" who "suggests worlds of pain with his melancholic eyes".

In an interview on Thursday, those eyes were limpid and earnest as he explained to a few reporters why he chose a comedy as his first major movie in three years.

"I had been making dramas for some time and suddenly I wanted to change, I wanted to have new feelings," he said ahead of the premiere of the film at the Hong Kong Convention and Exhibition Centre.

Produced by Wong Kar Wai and directed by Zhang Jiajia, See You Tomorrow is a flashy, wacky and sometimes emo romp through neon-lit Shanghai starring Leung, Kaneshiro, Eason Chan and Angelababy. Leung and Kaneshiro play buddies who work, play, love and live in a bar district in the film, which reunites them in their first romantic comedy together since director Wong's 1994 cult movie Chungking Express.

See You Tomorrow is based on Ferryman, a tale from I Belonged To You, a wildly popular collection of so-called bedtime stories for adults by Chinese novelist Zhang, who is now making his directorial debut.

The movie is also Leung's first with Wong after The Grandmaster, the 2013 action drama that took an arduous three years - 2009 to 2012 - to film in China.

He took a long break before he returned to Wong's set last year. He also has a minor role in the Bhutanese movie Hema Hema: Sing Me A Song While I Wait, which played on the film festival circuit this year.

He said: "After shooting The Grandmaster, I told Wong Kar Wai, 'For the next movie, I hope to make a comedy, to see things from a different perspective.'"

The two have been frequent collaborators since Days Of Being Wild (1990), the 1960s-era film that ended with an enigmatic sequence of Leung getting ready to go out.

After the conversation, Wong got back to him with Ferryman, the story of Xiaoyu, a woman who is in love with Ma Li, a cuckolded artist, but has no designs on him. She does not want to be his "spare tyre", she says. She just wants to be his "ferryman", the person who gets him through a difficult patch.

Leung said: "I read the short story, found it quite interesting and decided to do this."

"This" turned out to be See You Tomorrow, which not just follows Xiaoyu (Angelababy) and Ma (Chan), who is now a singer with an unfaithful fiancee, but also expands into other love stories involving her bar-owning neighbours Chen (Leung) and Guan Chun (Kaneshiro).

Notably, Guan is a goofy, lovesick Tai-ke - Taiwan's answer to Singapore's Ah Beng - who gives the film a chance to riff on Taiwanese subculture. When he is not mooning over an amnesiac baker (Sandrine Pinna), he is singing Hokkien songs and playing Japanese arcade games.

At a press conference at the Grand Hyatt Hong Kong on Thursday, Kaneshiro, 43, said he jumped at the chance to work with Wong again as Chungking Express was an important film in his career.

But on the set of See You Tomorrow, he was nervous and had reservations about playing a character too similar to the goofballs he had played in Chungking Express and Fallen Angels (1995).

So he told Wong, who was practically co-directing the new film: "I seem to be repeating the same things. I don't want to repeat."

Ultimately, following discussions with the directors, he pushed his character in an over-the-top tragicomic direction and Guan's story, like others in the movie, mixes laughs and tears freely.

Indeed, with all its brooding voiceovers and frequent detours to heartbreak, the film plays rather like a Wong Kar Wai movie, but with heaps of gags.

Leung, who thought he had signed up for a regular romantic comedy, said: "All the actors didn't think they would have to cry so much, shed so many tears for a comedy."

His next projects are two action comedies, Europe Raiders and Monster Hunt 2. Hopefully they will really be more light-hearted.

• See You Tomorrow is showing in cinemas.
yitian

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 5:25 pm    Post subject: See You Tomorrow Receives Nominations at Asian Film Awards Reply with quote

See You Tomorrow Receives 4 Nominations at the 11th Asian Film Awards Razz

These nominations are:
Best Supporting Actress: Lynn Hung
Best Production Designer: Alfred Yau
Best Visual Effects: Perry Kain, Johnny Lin, Thomas Reppen
Best Costume Designer: William Chang, Cheung Siu Hong

For complete list see link:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/11th_Asian_Film_Awards
yitian

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 8:28 am    Post subject: 23rd HK Film Critics Award Reply with quote

Hong Kong Film Critics Society named "See You Tomorrow" one of the six special recommended films. thumbright cheers thumbleft

‘Trivisa’ Named Best Film by Hong Kong Critics
Vivienne Chow
January 16, 2017 | 03:12AM PT
http://variety.com/2017/film/asia/trivisa-best-film-hong-kong-critics-1201960987/

The Johnnie To-produced “Trivisa,” a crime thriller with a political edge, was Monday named best film of the year by the Hong Kong Film Critics Society. The film’s lead actor Gordon Lam Ka-tung earned the title of best actor.

The best director award was bestowed jointly on Stephen Chow and first-time director Wong Chun. The society said after three rounds of debates and voting, Chow’s fantasy comedy “Mermaid” and Wong’s drama “Mad World” earned the same number of votes, and the society decided to give the award to both. “Mad World” also won best screenplay, written by Florence Chan.

“Trivisa”, an intercut of three short films revolving around three of Hong Kong’s most infamous criminals, was directed by a trio of young directors Vicky Wong Wai-kit, Jevons Au and Frank Hui. (Au also directed one of the shorts in dystopian film “Ten Years.”) Lam’s role was based on notorious crime boss Kwai Ping-hung, who was sentenced to 24-year jail in early 2000s.

The film has not been released in mainland China. Nor were the previous two winners “Midnight After” and “Port of Call.”

Mainland Chinese actress, Zhou Dongyu was named best actress for her role in drama “Soul Mate.”

The society also made special recommendations for six films, including “Trivisa,” “Mermaid,” “Soul Mate,” “Weeds on Fire,” documentary “Snuggle” and Wong Kar-wai-produced “See You Tomorrow.”
yitian

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

第二十三屆香港電影評論學會大獎得獎理由撮要
Summary of reasons for award decisions
作者:editor - 一, 2017-01-16 16:16
http://www.filmcritics.org.hk/%E5%AD%B8%E6%9C%83%E5%A4%A7%E7%8D%8E/%E5%BE%97%E7%8D%8E%E7%90%86%E7%94%B1/%E7%AC%AC%E4%BA%8C%E5%8D%81%E4%B8%89%E5%B1%86%E9%A6%99%E6%B8%AF%E9%9B%BB%E5%BD%B1%E8%A9%95%E8%AB%96%E5%AD%B8%E6%9C%83%E5%A4%A7%E7%8D%8E%E5%BE%97%E7%8D%8E%E7%90%86%E7%94%B1%E6%92%AE%E8%A6%81

以下為各獎項的得獎理由撮要:

最佳電影:《樹大招風》
高超剪接把分頭拍攝的三大賊王經歷巧妙地融為一體,做出引人入勝的節奏與張力。三位新晉導演聯手執導,承接銀河映像的宿命主題,透過梟雄不甘於末路窮途,借九七前的時空,在山雨欲來的風滿樓,抒發最貼近時代脈搏的當下感懷。

最佳導演:周星馳(《美人魚》)
周星馳一貫的喜劇風格,然而每一次總有令人驚喜的新景觀。土豪懺悔,觸及保育與人魚愛情,表面上是童話式、卡通化的嬉鬧,星爺卻無時無刻帶出既荒謬也溫馨的視覺想像,展現出毋忘初心的自省意識。

最佳導演:黃進(《一念無明》)
首次執導捨易行難,走低成本的寫實路向,將香港化為呈現都市病態眾生相的舞台。鏡頭簡潔有力,聲音細膩運用,視角冷靜,帶出豐富敍事層次,狹窄空間與廣闊天空對照,遊走狂躁與鬱結之間,追蹤角色的不歸命運。

最佳編劇:陳楚珩(《一念無明》)
以精神病康復者的掙扎歷程為主線,尊重資料搜集,融合年輕人的時代視野,穩重中求新意,初出茅蘆即見鋒芒。劇本通過恰當的回閃,內在情緒與外在處境互相牽動,替主角阿東尋找寧靜風景。

最佳男演員:林家棟(《樹大招風》)
將一個不安、懷疑、深沉及充滿心計的悍匪演繹得深刻立體,賊性人性並重,層次豐富,尤其細緻地捕捉其具戒心和冷酷的個性,對舊兄弟的利用和不信任,不慍不火地駕馭這消失了身份的危險人物。

最佳女演員:周冬雨(《七月與安生》)
安生不安於室的人生,在弱不禁風身影的演繹下,發放出率直情感,和跳脫個性,是演員融入角色的美麗時刻。安生當然感激七月(冬雨則多謝思純),兩個女生關懷相望,以至嫉妒相爭,環環緊扣,走過成長。最後安生安於新生,讓觀眾釋懷。

推薦電影

《一念無明》
寫一個年輕人中產夢墮落,心神支離破碎,康復過程危機重重,再而推及香港的精神面貌。劏房困局,教會寄託,最後回到基本的父子相依,互相適應,在無望的環境下,尋找一線曙光,是近年難得面向社會問題的勇敢創作。

《美人魚》
藉著環保議題,反思高度消費主義不歸路,周氏喜劇既有罪惡快感又有殘酷痛感,只此一家,教化而不說教,亦為港人困境的寫照。人魚世界面臨外來同化瀕死威脅,只有游出去才能得自由,是合拍片大潮下難得視野完整及保持自我的情懷之作。

《七月與安生》
兩個少女的成長經歷,對應中國內地的經濟發展,富裕中若有所失的無力感。兩位女主角的演出火花四濺,曾國祥捕捉女性感覺尤其細膩,以香港人的身份拍攝內地題材,成績斐然。

《點五步》
新晉導演以極低成本改編香港沙燕棒球隊故事,交出了不俗成績,透過屋邨成長與躁動青春,重現《香港製造》的熱血沸騰,在球場遙望獅子山,高喊「贏就一齊贏,輸就一齊輸」的道理。少棒隊年輕演員充滿活力的演出,令人眼前一亮。

《伴生》
黃肇邦走進醫院,探討家庭成員必須面對長輩老死的狀況,三個個案焦點集中,情感自然深摯,具鮮明的人文關懷色彩,影片風格平實自然,展現人的哀傷、無奈、反省和自勉。

《擺渡人》
拆開燈紅酒綠如醉如瘋的包裝,內裡都是王家衛的深情,把《東邪西毒》的沙漠客棧改造成酒吧,由梁朝偉代言,寄語感同身受,擺渡不是宿命而是選擇,由層層的文本互涉到豐富的流行音樂挪用,提供解讀趣味,更為香港文化鏗鏘發聲。

(My translation: Underneath the bright lights and intoxicating crazy atmosphere, it is all about affection of Wong Kar Wai. Converting the inn in “Ashes of Time” into a bar, in Tony Leung it delivers the message of empathy. Navigating is not fate but choice. From Interlaced layers of text to rich usage of popular music, the film provides fun interpretation and further delivers a sonorous sound of Hong Hong culture.)

香港電影評論學會每年均透過討論配合投票的形式,選出上一年公映電影的各個獎項及推薦電影。香港電影評論學會大獎強調以專業角度評審,輔以具透明度的理性討論,討論過程均記錄在案,並將輯錄刊登於年中出版的《香港電影2016》。
Tin-Yau

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:19 am    Post subject: Re: 23rd HK Film Critics Award Reply with quote

yitian wrote:
‘Trivisa’ Named Best Film by Hong Kong Critics
Vivienne Chow
January 16, 2017 | 03:12AM PT
http://variety.com/2017/film/asia/trivisa-best-film-hong-kong-critics-1201960987/

I`ve seen Trivisa last year at the Berlinale the first time and after that twice during my stay in HK last April and on DVD Mr. Green and if you ask me, I`d say "well deserved!". thumbright
Safran

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many thanks for posting the AFA / HKFCS news/results, yitian Very Happy (especially for your helpful lines in red Wink )
Congrats to the SYT-Team for the "Special recommendation" ! cheers

Hope to be able to watch "Trivisa" also.....asap Very Happy
Tin-Yau

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Safran wrote:
Hope to be able to watch "Trivisa" also.....asap Very Happy

My fingers are crossed. Recommendation! thumbright
Safran

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you, Heike ! ( hoffentlich wirkt's bald Wink) Waving
yitian

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Golden Screen Awards: China's 'This Is Not What I Expected' Takes Top Honor
Hollywood Reporter: http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/golden-screen-awards-chinas-is-not-what-i-expected-takes-top-honor-1052846
11:04 PM PDT 10/29/2017 by Patrick Brzeski

The second annual movie awards show, presented by the U.S.-China Film & TV Industry Expo, celebrates co-productions between the U.S. and Chinese film industries.

Hong Kong director Derek Hui's romantic comedy This Is Not What I Expected was one of the big winners Sunday night at the second annual Golden Screen Awards, a growing film business occasion which celebrates co-productions between China and movie industries around the world, particularly Hollywood.

This Is Not What I Expected won the event's top best co-production film award, and the best leading actor trophy also went to the film's male lead, Japanese-Taiwanese star Takeshi Kaneshiro.

Held at Club Novo in downtown Los Angeles, this year's Golden Screen Awards were hosted by actor and comedian Kevin Pollak (The Usual Suspects), and the event was attended by industry veterans such as MPAA Chairman Chris Dodd, Oscar-winning producer Mike Medavoy, and E! Entertainment Television founder Larry Namer. A large contingent from China was also on hand, including UCFTI founder Bianca Chen, Miao Xiaotian, general manager of the China Film Co-Production Corporation, and Rong Chen, president of Perfect World Pictures, the Chinese studio that made a $500 million slate investment at Universal Pictures last year.

Hong Kong-Chinese co-production Soul Mate, a romantic drama about a tumultuous female friendship, claimed the most trophies of the night — four. The film's director Derek Tsang won the best director Golden Screen Award, while the two leads were jointly honored as this year's best leading actresses. Their prize was presented by actress Paula Patton. The film also won best screenplay and best music.

The Golden Screen Awards are produced by the U.S.-China Film & TV Industry Expo in partnership with the Motion Picture Association, China Film Co-Production Corporation and The Hollywood Reporter.

The complete list of winners follows:

Best Co-Production Film
This Is Not What I Expected

Best Director
Derek Tsang (Soul Mate)

Best Screenplay
Wing-Sum Lam, Yuan Li Nan Wu, Yimeng Xu (Soul Mate)

Best Cinematography
Cao Yu, Peter Pau (See You Tomorrow)

Best Actor in a Leading Role
Takeshi Kaneshiro (This Is Not What I Expected)

Best Actress in a Leading Role
Sandra Ma, Dongyu Zhou (Soul Mate)

Best Supporting Actor
Yihong Duan (Extraordinary Mission)

Best Supporting Actress
Deannie Yip (Our Time Will Come)

Best Visual Effects
See You Tomorrow

yitian

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 3:22 pm    Post subject: See You Tomorrow wins 3 Golden Horse Awards Reply with quote

See You Tomorrow takes home 3 Golden Horses at the 54th Golden Horse Awards. Congrats! Razz Applause thumbleft

These 3 awards are:
Best Visual Effects Johnny Lin, Perry Kain and Thomas Reppen
Best Art Direction Alfred Yau
Best Makeup & Costume Design William Chang and Cheung Siu-hong

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.tonyleung.info Forum Index -> The Latest Tony News All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 8 of 9

Jump to: