TONYLEUNG.INFO
Discuss Tony Leung with fellow fans!

Welcome to the Discussion Board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
  Log in to check your private messages Log in to check your private messages   
Click here to go to Archival Tony Board (2003-2012)

A Dream Came True, starring Tony!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.tonyleung.info Forum Index -> Get to know each other
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ashley323

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2014 2:48 am    Post subject: A Dream Came True, starring Tony! Reply with quote

This post is rather long overdue but owing to some personal issues, I have not gotten myself down to properly write this. This is something so special to me that I feel I ought be in the right kind of mood to give a good account of that very memorable occasion Smile

It has been close to 10 years since I last posted in this forum, publicly. Nonetheless, over the years, Tony remains my topmost idol whom I truly admire and respect. I've never missed his movies all these years – not even one! For someone I have such high regard for, I have always, alwayyyys wanted to meet him in person. I just have to! Geographically speaking, that is quite challenging. But then, it is true when ppl say nothing is impossible Wink I am inspired by stories of how other fans chanced upon opportunities meeting Tony in person, and what wonderful experiences they've shared – so with this, I just have to keep believing that one day my turn might just come!

Frankly speaking, I almost lost hope when I missed the opportunity when Tony was right here in Singapore early 2013. As early as I was arriving at the location and as strategic as possible the spot I secured, to my dismay, when the event was about to start, the organizers later on chased us away over to the opposite direction which rendered any sighting of Tony nearly impossible. Armed with my zoom lens, tiptoeing on my 3-inch high stilletos, I only managed to capture blurry shots of Tony's forehead. I was so devastated that night, for being so close yet so far! It was to me THE opportunity. But unknown to me then, THE opportunity has yet to arrive Wink

17 May 2014

When I was in Hong Kong earlier in May this year, my dream came true when I finally got to meet Tony in person Smile Here's a brief account of that very memorable afternoon which I now have the honor and pleasure to share with Tony's fans all around the world Smile

I arrived at the café a little earlier than the scheduled time. Managed to spot Info and went over to her table. Together with Info, there was another local fan, whom I shall refer to as "A". Tony was nowhere in sight yet. I sat down and started to chat with Info and A. It is always easy to warm up with ppl who share similar interests Smile coupled with the fact that Info and A are both so friendly as well!

After about 10 minutes or so, I turned around and looked up when Info (who was seated facing towards the direction of the entrance of the café) said "Tony is here". My mind went blank – could this be true? Up to that very second I could not believe I was about to meet Tony.

I somehow did not react the way I have always thought I would – I have always imagined how nervous and tongue-tied I would be if I ever meet him. Instead, there I was – rather composed, much to my surprise. It was so unreal, oh my, but yes HE IS REAL! Smile Smile Smile

I waited for Tony to settle down. I think the discreetly stunned me just didn't know what to say. Tony's first question to me was – "Leaving tomorrow?" Lol. Yes, I said, that's right. Tony started to chat with Info and A. Then he turned to me and ask "What's nice to see/visit in HK?" Those were probably his warming-up questions, so that this little fan of his would feel a little less nervous.

Tony is absolutely down-to-earth. I felt at ease chatting with him coz he made it very casual. The topics we talked about were very light too – food, travel, movies, MH370, Chinese dialects and other general topics. It felt like chatting with a friend rather than with a celebrity. I didn't ask him that many questions actually. Although there are many things that I'd like to find out about him, at the same time I didn't want to overwhelm him as well. So the conversation was really spontaneous – we talked about random stuff and anything that comes to mind. I like how it flows, very natural Smile

Notwithstanding the lack of information to share, here are some interesting stuff which I'd like to share...

What he wore – white collared shirt with a jacket, and jeans
What he drank – champagne
Whether he has been to my hometown, Penang – no
Whether he eats spicy food – yes
The language/dialect we spoke in – Cantonese
Whether he can speak in Carina's dialect, the Suzhou dialect – no, he hasn't been able to pick it up yet

Some specifics on food –
(1) Tony does not eat live oysters Smile
(2) Tony had chicken rice when he visited Singapore

...and on travel –
(1) Tony does not like spending long hours traveling by car

There was this part which I was particularly amused:

Tony asked whether I prefer the food in HK or in SG. I said "HK of course!" (no offense intended – just a personal preference). So Tony went on to ask what I like to eat in HK. I replied "beef noodles!" Later on into the conversation, we mentioned a few HK actresses and I said to Tony "Oh you have not acted in a movie with Sammi Cheng before". Tony said he did and just then I remembered about this romance comedy he acted with Sammi so I said to him "Oh yes! You sell beef noodles in that movie!" and Tony replied with a grin "Yes, your favourite food!" LOL! That, to me, was so amusing!

Tony has a subtle yet witty sense of humor Smile He is very thoughtful and remembered that A's birthday was coming up. He gave A a birthday toast while teasing her about not revealing her age. Then Tony turned to me and said with a mischievous grin, "Now you can see how I communicate with my fans!" I laughed and said, "Yes, that's very cute!" Wink

I was not very prepared for the meet-up session honestly. Halfway through the conversation I thought of getting Tony's autograph but I did not have anything proper for him to sign on. I wanted to take photos with him too but I thought I'd leave it to the end.

After some time, Tony, being the most thoughtful person he is, asked if I wanted to take photos Wink Yes! I fished out my relatively bulky camera from my bag (I'm into photography). Info was very kind to help us to take pictures. By then, I was already very at ease with Tony – so when I realized my arms looked huge in the first photo, I said cheekily "Oh no, my arms are so huge! Can we please take another one?" Tony is really patient for he agreed to take another shot; whilst being so kind, assuring me that I was just being self-conscious. He even said "Must take from a higher angle" and then we posed again for the camera. Still unsatisfied with how I looked (having in mind that this is a VERY IMPORTANT photo) I made another request to take a picture using my camera phone so (my huge arms) are less obvious. Tony was so incredibly kind to take a selfie of us on my phone!!! I was (and still am) so soooo delighted!!!

As much as I wished for time to pause as long as it is possible right then, I know I must count my blessings. What more could I ask for??! Tony paid for our drinks and snacks and left. It was quite abrupt that I did not manage to thank him nor say a proper goodbye. I did manage to ask him though whether he would mind if I post the photos. He said it's ok as he was leaving Smile

I glanced at my watch – 2 hours have passed by! There I was, having coffee with Tony Leung himself for 2 whole hours! Oh I just had one of the best 2 hours of my life Smile Smile Smile

For a huge celebrity like Tony, he absolutely is a really simple and down-to-earth person. He is genuine person and does not put up a front. I really have huge respect for him. He is humble despite all his success and countless accomplishments. In the midst of his busy schedule, he made time and effort to fulfill the wish of this little fan of his. I am incredibly lucky for such honor! It really means a lot to me to finally have the opportunity to meet Tony in person Smile

Now 3 months down the road, I still find myself smiling at the very thought of that lovely afternoon Smile Tony is definitely a man of 3Cs – Charm, Charisma, and most importantly – Character Smile Smile Smile
sparkles_n15

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2014 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for sharing your experience! Sounds like a very lovely encounter with him. Very Happy
ashley323

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2014 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sparkles_n15 wrote:
Thank you for sharing your experience! Sounds like a very lovely encounter with him. Very Happy

Yes it is! I was smiling to myself all the time I was writing that Wink So incredibly nice of Tony! Smile

I must thank Info too, it was such a pleasure meeting her Smile

I haven't managed to figure out how to post photos though. It prompts me for a URL, but I have not posted those photos elsewhere on the internet so I don't have any URL to link to. Any idea how? Lol
Safran

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2014 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear ashley323 !

Many thanks for kindly sharing your wonderful experience of meeting Tony face to face with us.
I enjoyed reading your friendly report very much ....remembering my unforgettable encounter in Hongkong ...together with some dear fellow fans ...a few years ago.
For me a dream came true, as well. I fully agree your view: Tony is a really outstanding and most lovable person. We are very lucky guys ! Very Happy

PS : Guess you'll get some help from one of our talented fellow fans soon Wink
yitian

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2014 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi ashley323

Thank you so much for sharing your lovely story with us. I am so happy for you, to have your dream finally come true Very Happy .
Tony is indeed such a remarkable person, just like everything you said sunny .
I remember a friend once told me "you love him now, you will love him even more once you meet him". I must say IT IS SO TRUE In Love .

About posting pictures, my understanding is you can only post those that are already on Internet. If you have a Facebook account, you can first load your pics there. Then you can copy "image location" for posting here. Hope this helps Very Happy .
Tin-Yau

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2014 11:51 am    Post subject: Re: A Dream Came True, starring Tony! Reply with quote

Thanks a lot for sharing, Ashley!

ashley323 wrote:
Now 3 months down the road, I still find myself smiling ...

Oh I know this feeling.

About posting pics, get an account at photobucket.com it`s fee, then post the links here. If you have any questions, let me know!
Eri

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2014 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Ashley,

Thank you very much for sharing and taking your time to write about your experience.
I always feel very happy and warm when I read about other fans meeting Tony. Very Happy
Tony and fellow fans make us all very happy. Wink

BTW, I visited Singapore recently, and I love Chicken Rice in Singapore very much.
ham

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2014 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks so much for sharing the good memory. Smile
ashley323

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 5:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

THANK YOU sparkles_n15, Safran, yitian, Tin-Yau, Eri, Ham and everyone else who read my write-up Smile Glad to hear you all enjoyed it! Smile Smile Smile

Safran wrote:
....remembering my unforgettable encounter in Hongkong ...together with some dear fellow fans ...a few years ago

Great to hear you've had the same experience! Yes we are very very lucky indeed! This is my most memorable trip to HK so far Smile The next day I left HK with a heavy, but contented, heart... smiling all the way from HK back to Singapore Wink

yitian wrote:
I remember a friend once told me "you love him now, you will love him even more once you meet him". I must say IT IS SO TRUE In Love

About posting pictures, my understanding is you can only post those that are already on Internet. If you have a Facebook account, you can first load your pics there. Then you can copy "image location" for posting here. Hope this helps Very Happy

I cannot agree more! And in fact, A LOT more I must say Wink

As for the pictures, I have so far uploaded 2 on Facebook - 1 selfie and the other is a picture of 3 printed photos which I got my friend to print from a portable instant photo printer. Will try to link up the photos later Smile

Tin-Yau wrote:
Oh I know this feeling.

About posting pics, get an account at photobucket.com it`s fee, then post the links here. If you have any questions, let me know!

You must have had the pleasure to meet him too! So happy for you too Smile Thanks for the tips, will sign up for an account at photobucket.com if I am unable to link the photos from Facebook Smile

Eri wrote:
BTW, I visited Singapore recently, and I love Chicken Rice in Singapore very much.

Oh you did?! Gosh if only I posted this earlier - would be great to meet up and I could have brought you around! Next time hopefully! Smile Hope you enjoyed your holidays in Singapore, and the Chicken Rice, of course Wink

ham wrote:
Thanks so much for sharing the good memory. Smile

You are most welcome, it's my pleasure indeed! Smile
ashley323

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 6:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry all, I tried but am not able to link Facebook photos here.

Will create a photobucket account soon, and as soon as I learn how to, I will link up the photos here Smile

Meantime, I wish everyone a VERY HAPPY MID-AUTUMN Smile Smile Smile I am watching He Ain't Heavy, He's My Father Wink I watch this every Mid-Autumn Wink
michi

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for sharing your dreamy experience Ashley.
Lucky u!!
Very glad to know those interest episodes. love
yitian

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mid-Autumn night free movie, He Ain't Heavy, He's My Father, on a street of HK Very Happy
Perfect Razz
Safran

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many.thanks yitian Very Happy
Would be great to be there...enjoying the atmosphere and movie with friends Wink
ashley323

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 6:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

michi wrote:
Thank you for sharing your dreamy experience Ashley.
Lucky u!!
Very glad to know those interest episodes. love

Thank you michi! My pleasure Wink

yitian wrote:
Mid-Autumn night free movie, He Ain't Heavy, He's My Father, on a street of HK Very Happy
Perfect Razz

Wow that is awesome! When was this? Yesterday?
Oh for the benefit of fans in Singapore, there will be a free outdoor screening of He Ain't Heavy, He's My Father on 27 September 2014 , 8pm at the National Museum of Singapore Smile Hurrayyy! I am going Smile Smile Smile

p/s: Thank you, yitian for your pm on the tips on linking up the photos! Smile

Last edited by ashley323 on Tue Sep 09, 2014 7:50 am; edited 1 time in total
ashley323

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 7:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As promised, here are the photos Smile

Here's the selfie! Taken by Tony! Wink Wink Wink

Here's a picture of 3 printed photos Smile Smile Smile

***Will post the original 2 photos soon!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.tonyleung.info Forum Index -> Get to know each other All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: