TONYLEUNG.INFO
Discuss Tony Leung with fellow fans!

Welcome to the Discussion Board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
  Log in to check your private messages Log in to check your private messages   
Click here to go to Archival Tony Board (2003-2012)

Eri's HK Travel Diary
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.tonyleung.info Forum Index -> Get to know each other
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Eri

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 5:13 pm    Post subject: Eri's HK Travel Diary Reply with quote

Here I am writing about my almost annual trip to HK.
This year, it was 8 days, a little longer than usual, between 12 and 20 April.
Writing about this journey also helps me to remember the details.
So I would like to share my experience with you.
(I am not a good writer, so please do not expect an exciting story.)

Day 1 (12 April)
I had to leave home at about 6:30 for 9:15 flight from my local airport.
Although I didn't sleep so well, I felt fine, full of energy. I never get tired in HK.
After about 4 hours flight, I arrived at HK airport where I met my travel companion A this time.
We took A21 bus, looking at HK buildings, to our hotel in familiar Nathan Road and checked in.
The first meal we had in HK was HK style congee. I liked a place in iSquare last time, but the shop was closed, unfortunately a very nice Dim Sam restaurant we'd been with Helga had also been closed so we found another place near by. This one was also well known place and very good. I love HK congee.
After short rest, we went to the HK Caltural Centre to check the arrangement of the Red Carpet for HKFA ceremony next day, and taking some photos before the place got very crowded.
We had some HK sweets, and went to cinema to watch Taiwanese movie "Kano", but the tickets were sold out, so we watched "The Midnight After" in stead. When we were buying the tickets, we were warned that "this one is only in Cantonese with Chinese subtitles, is it alright for you ?", but actually it had English subtitles as well. I wished I could understand without subs, but the story was rather complicated and used a lot of slangs, I wouldn't be able to understand without it.
After the movie, we were a little hungry, so had some nice Sho Lon Pau and Duck Tongue for late night snacks.
We walked back to our hotel after a very long day.

to be continued to day 2

We had congee at
http://www.openrice.com/restaurant/sr2.htm?shopid=47100

Watched
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Midnight_After

Late night snacks at
http://www.the-one.hk/en/shopdirectory/shopdetails.asp?id=1287
yitian

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, dear Eri - it looks like a really detailed diary coming along. You've got very good memories thumbright . Too bad some old restaurants you dined before were closed Crying or Very sad .
I can't wait to read on - but please take it easy Laughing .
Eri

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you, yitian,

I didn't write down the details or anything during my trip, but I just write things I remember.

BTW, I had been looking for a soft which can be used for up loading my photos in my iPad and couldn't find any.

I got Mac book as well and I can transfer my photos to it.
(I don't have any Windows PC)

Any suggestions from Mac user who knows how to do it ?
Safran

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many many thanks for sharing your memories with us, Eri !
Makes me remembering....and longing for revisiting beautiful Hong Kong one day....and hopefully enjoying another delicious beakfast at "The Sweet Dynasty" haha
You had a looong an exciting first day indeed Wink
I'm looking forward to going with you the next 7 days Smile
Helga

PS: Unfortunately I cannot help you at all regarding technical questions....but convinced, there are a few very talented fellow fans among us....to help you Wink
Eri

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Helga,

Ham had contacted me to help with my photos.

The Sweet Dynasty is still there, so we can go there next time, but the one you treated us the farewell breakfast was closed, unfortunately.

http://www.openrice.com/restaurant/sr2.htm?shopid=10464
ham

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 5:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you so much for sharing the good memory and nice pics with us. Eri Very Happy
These are Eri's pics

View from the Airport Bus

ham

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 5:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The first meal in HK

ham

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 6:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Preparing for HKFA

[/list]
ham

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 6:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Evening snacks

Safran

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 7:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many thanks, Ham...for helping Eri / posting this mouthwatering.pics....haha (.esp.when watching " evening snacks"- pics Wink )
yitian

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks ham for helping, juicy Sho Lon Pau is always nice Very Happy .

Eri wrote:
I didn't write down the details or anything during my trip, but I just write things I remember.
BTW, I had been looking for a soft which can be used for up loading my photos in my iPad and couldn't find any.
I got Mac book as well and I can transfer my photos to it.
(I don't have any Windows PC)

That makes your memory even more impressive salute .
One way to post your pics here is to first transfer your pics from iPad to Facebook (this is very easy to do with iPad, you can choose specific ones or the whole nine yard Wink ). I don't know how to attach photos here with iPad, but using your MacBook, you can open a specific pic that you'd like to post here, click once while holding down the "Control" key, then release the "Control" key and click on "copy image location". Now go to message body in the Forum, click once on "Img" -> click "paste" once for pasting the web address of the image location you copied -> click once again on "Img" = DONE. Repeat if you need to post more pics, starting from opening and copying image location of the pic. You may try for fun, and good luck Very Happy .
Tin-Yau

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Eri and Ham a lot for sharing.
Food looks really good.
In Love

Friends, please never expect a detailed report from me (hats off Eri!). My english is way to bad for this and I`m not into writing a lot anyway. My words are my photos. Wink
Eri

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you yitian for advice.

I think this forum doesn't recognized the address of the photos in Mac files, so when I tried to post as you suggested, you can only see the location address (letters and numbers) and not actual images.
Perhaps I need to use some kind of photo storage soft which is capable to post here.

Heike, your photos are art, mine is like eating dairy. ha ha ha Laughing
Eri

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Day 2 (13 April)

It was the day for HKFA, so we had a big Dim Sam Brunch at near by restaurant in the morning.
When we were trying to order, there was an old lady sitting next to us who said she would advice us to order what Japanese people would like, so we ordered some of the dishes she recommended.
They were very good and we were glad to try something we don't usually order.
This lady told me some relatives of hers was leaving for a holiday in Japan next day, so we talked a little while in Cantonese during our Yam Cha.

http://www.openrice.com/english/restaurant/sr2.htm?shopid=3085

After the Branch, we headed to Wong Tai Shin to pray for Tony's Health and Success.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wong_Tai_Sin

We had some HK sweets again before going back to our hotel.
When we were thinking what time we should be at the Red Carpet, one of our friends contacted us to be there early enough to keep the good positon for the photos, and they were already there, so we got ready quickly and hurried to join them.
Later on, when we were waiting, two very young Tony's fans came to join us and introduced themselves.

Ham from Thailand was also joining us later that day, but she was on another side of the red carpet, so we could only see her very short time before she'd gone back to her hotel.
She was very busy with guiding her Thai friends to sightseeing places.

We waited for about 3 hours until Tony and Carina walking on the Red Carpet, and everyone was trying to take their pictures, it was too hard for me to take a good picture of Tony. I managed to take pretty good one of Zhang Ziyi and Chang Chen.

As you all know, The Grandmaster won the new record of 12 awards. Even though Tony couldn't get the Best Actor award, it was the Best Film and this movie was not possible without Tony's efforts, so I think his contribution was recognized by everyone, specially people who had been working with him.
It was a great evening for all the Grandmaster team.

to be continued to day 3
yitian

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The story is getting better Laughing thanks. I've never been to any red carpet, but I can imagine the crowd went crazy when Tony and Carina appeared hand in hand love .

Sorry about my rotten instruction Crying or Very sad (I will see what else I can do when sitting in front of a Mac computer tomorrow), we have ham to post your pics anyway Wink . BTW, your pics are really nice to see also, Eri sunny .
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.tonyleung.info Forum Index -> Get to know each other All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 1 of 9

Jump to: