TONYLEUNG.INFO
Discuss Tony Leung with fellow fans!

Welcome to the Discussion Board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
  Log in to check your private messages Log in to check your private messages   
Click here to go to Archival Tony Board (2003-2012)

Eri's HK Travel Diary
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.tonyleung.info Forum Index -> Get to know each other
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tin-Yau

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eri wrote:
... (but "the Peak" means not the peak park, The peak tram station level)

That is what I meant. Been to the Victoria Peak Garden once and at at The Peak Tram level twice. Smile It was maybe a misunderstanding.
hanasan

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Eri, thank you for sharing your stories and pics in HK and mainland China! You two are so brave going to Hoi Ping on your own thumbleft Traveling in China is not as convenient as in HK, especially in the small places like Hoi Ping. My suggestion is try to take taxi as long as you can (better ask people in the hotel to call one), it’s cheap compared to HK. And if you want to speak English, grab the young guys. Normally the younger generation can speak basic English because they study it in schools now.

I also went to Hoi Ping twice to see the scenes of TG. There are mainly three places where WKW shot the film there. One is the Chi Kan Movie Studio (赤坎影視城) you went. The Golden Pavilion is in the second building after you get in from the entrance. When I went, it has not been changed to other scene yet, but only a few pillars left.

The second place is called Hoi Ping Alley (開平巷). It’s also in Chi Kan, about 15 minutes walk from the Studio. This is where most of the HK scenes in the film were shot.

The third place is called Gang Ning (岡寧), it is about half an hour’s drive from Hoi Ping bus station. This is where the fighting scene at the beginning of the film was shot.

Sorry that I was too busy last year and didn’t get time to post the details of the trip to Hoi Ping. I will try to post it this year…..
Eri

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tin-Yau wrote:
Eri wrote:
... (but "the Peak" means not the peak park, The peak tram station level)

That is what I meant. Been to the Victoria Peak Garden once and at at The Peak Tram level twice. Smile It was maybe a misunderstanding.

Oh, I see. I probably imagined you were at the peak more than actually you were, just because you had been to the peak a day before we went there. Embarassed
Eri

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Hanasan for more information.

I think most of the location or the studio sets were changed by the time we went, unfortunately.

Still we were very happy to see Yip Man's house without anyone else. I read when the place was very busy, it was restricted to 20 people at a time. This time I was the only one in the house and it was possible to look at all the details. Very Happy
Eri

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also liked a guard dog (?) at the movie studio.

Eri

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BTW, Yip Man's residence's entrance is like this now.

It is now, Wong family's residence.

Sorry, I made a mistake.
Above was another entrance of the building which used to be the Golden Pavilion.
Yip Man residence's entrance is like this now.

Last edited by Eri on Wed May 07, 2014 2:24 am; edited 1 time in total
Safran

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 6:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Eri flower

Once again many thanks for your most interesting and detailed report/diary
incl. great pics and helpful links Applause Computer
It was a joy to me to read.....to follow you and your friends on this exciting trip....and to revive beautiful memories Wink love Giving a kiss
Tin-Yau

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eri and Tina, the more photos I see from this place the more I want to visit it. Think I`m quite sure I will get cramps in my index finger from taking many, many photos.
yitian

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Tina for your detailed pics showing The Grandmaster filming locations love . I guess those you captured are a thing of the past Sad . Treasure they are Very Happy .

Sorry Eri, you are a bit too late to visit. Nonetheless, I hope visiting Mainland China (kind of) solo is an unforgettable experience. And it is amazing that your HK trip ended with a Bruce Lee Exhibition Applause .

BTW, the dog in chain, it looks more like a visitor’s pet dag left behind the line of “Cats and Dogs are not allowed to enter” Laughing . Errr, why I am thinking this Tony dubbed film “Cats and Dogs” now Laughing Wink ? Once again, thank you Eri for this detailed and interesting report of your trip to HK Giving a kiss .
Eri

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yitian wrote:

BTW, the dog in chain, it looks more like a visitor’s pet dag left behind the line of “Cats and Dogs are not allowed to enter� Laughing . .

yitian,

"Guard dog" was a joke, but I think this dog was a pet of someone either working at the studio or near by shop, because he seemed to be there all day long.
As I wrote, it wasn't easy to travel in a small places in China, I actually enjoyed unexpected things.

Helga,

I wrote the report encouraged by you, so I am very happy you enjoyed reading it and followed the journey with us.

Heike,

I am sure you would take a lot of pictures if you visit Hoi Ping. I can show you some other photos of towers, if you are interested.
Although local officials were trying to promote more tourism, I was glad to see the country side places remained the same.
Safran

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 2:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really enjoyed to travel with you....here in TL forum, Eri Applause flower
yitian

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eri wrote:

yitian,
"Guard dog" was a joke, but I think this dog was a pet of someone either working at the studio or near by shop, because he seemed to be there all day long.

Helga,
I wrote the report encouraged by you, so I am very happy you enjoyed reading it and followed the journey with us.

Hahaha Eri, I know you are joking. When I saw it, I somehow couldn't stop thinking that "Cats and Dogs" film Laughing Laughing .

Helga, you and Eri made a great team thumbright, thanks for your encouragement. And thanks again Eri for making all of us very happy readers Giving a kiss .
Eri

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I sorted out some more pictures taken at Yip Man's house.

[/quote]

Last edited by Eri on Wed May 07, 2014 7:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
jing

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eri wrote:
I sorted out some more pictures taken at Yip Man's house.

Eri wrote:
BTW, Yip Man's residence's entrance is like this now.

It is now, Wong family's residence.

Sorry, I made a mistake.
Above was another entrance of the building which used to be the Golden Pavilion.

why can't see this pictures? Crying or Very sad

excuse me,may you up load it's HTML?
Eri

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear jing,

You cannot see the pictures ?
I can see them without any problem. Question
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.tonyleung.info Forum Index -> Get to know each other All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 6 of 9

Jump to: