TONYLEUNG.INFO
Discuss Tony Leung with fellow fans!

Welcome to the Discussion Board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
  Log in to check your private messages Log in to check your private messages   
Click here to go to Archival Tony Board (2003-2012)

Eri's HK Travel Diary
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.tonyleung.info Forum Index -> Get to know each other
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Eri

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yitian,

If you can find the way, please let me know.

Maybe, it might work with some small tricks ?

Your advice was appreciated. Very Happy
Safran

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is sooo nice to travel wiith you, Eri....GREAT JOB you and Heike do....each in her very own way Applause my compliments ! Curiously waiting for your next cultural - , culinarical - (and various other ) adventures....haha.
See you Waving
ham

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 6:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dim Sam Brunch

ham

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 6:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wong Tai Shin

ham

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 7:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sweets

Red Carpet

Tin-Yau

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 7:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eri wrote:
I think this forum doesn't recognized the address of the photos in Mac files, so when I tried to post as you suggested, you can only see the location address (letters and numbers) and not actual images.
Perhaps I need to use some kind of photo storage soft which is capable to post here.

Not sure if this helps, I upload my pics to photobucket.com, then link them to our forum.

Eri wrote:
Heike, your photos are art, mine is like eating dairy. ha ha ha Laughing

I try to tell stories with my photos, another art is to tell stories with words like you do, Eri.

I love the pics of the sweets! In Love Thanks for sharing!
yitian

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Delicious sweets, beautiful places and the crowd (tourists?). Best of all, I see TONY - nice catch love . Thanks Eri and ham Waving .
Eri

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Day 3 (14 April)

We originally planned to meet Ham for Yam Cha this morning, but she had to take her friends to visit another sightseeing place, so we met her briefly at MTR station, then had Yam Cha with a HK friend.
Very nice again, thanks to our HK friend.
At this time, we were too busy thinking what to order and I completely forgot to take pictures.

After the brunch, we went to the HK Heritage Museum to see Bruce Lee exhibition.
By looking at all the photos, his belongings and watching a documentary film, my impression of him changed completely.
I thought he was a kind of taugh guy who can only believe in physical strength and power. Actually he had had some hard time in the US and he was very intellectual. He seemed to read a lot of philosophy, Yoga and even Law books as well as martial arts books. He also wrote some poems and stories.
I thought the words he wrote mean something very important to everyday life.
(No photos allowed inside the exhibition)

We spent quite a long time at this museum, also looking at some Cantonese Opera displays.

http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Attraction_Review-g294217-d315462-Reviews-Hong_Kong_Heritage_Museum-Hong_Kong.html

Then we continued to visit near by Che Kung Temple. On the way, I accidentally visit another very small local temple by mistake. Ha ha ha
Anyway, we found the temple and looked inside and also a lot of pinwheels on the wall. They were very beautifull.

http://www.discoverhongkong.com/uk/see-do/culture-heritage/chinese-temples/che-kung-temple-at-sha-tin.jsp

After that when we were back to our hotel, I got messages from Ham and a HK friend that Tony was inviting us for dinner that evening and Ham was going to see me at near by MTR station, to go to the meeting place together.
So I quickly getting ready and off we went.

When we arrived at the place we were offered some Chinese tea and after a while Tony arrived.
Because this gathering were consisted of different nationalities, Chinese, Cantonese and English were spoken. I couldn't get all the conversation, still everyone enjoyed nice Chinese dinner with Tony. (Of course Tony is more important than what we ate.)

We talked about his holidays in Japan, Africa and being a jury at Berlinale.
Tony told us he really enjoyed all of these.

Even though Tony got a flue and didn't feel so well and tired, he was very kind to spare some time to meet us. I really hope this didn't make his condition worse.

Although this might be the highlight of my report, my adventure continues.

to be continued to day 4
Eri

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bruce Lee Exhibition

Eri

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Che Kung Temple

Eri

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tony

Safran

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A WONDERFULl "Day 3" In Love .....Many thanks for sharing this highlight, Eri flower

( I notice, you manage to post your nice pics by yourself now Wink )

Posting the related links is a very good idea ! Smile (Last but not least for all next lucky HK visitors.....haha... thumbleft )
Tin-Yau

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 4:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your report from your third day, Eri.
Btw. , I`ve been to that Che Kung temple today. Smile
Not sure if I`m going to make it to Wong Tai Sin this time.
Eri

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 4:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Day 4 (15 April)

Today's main event was to see my Cantonese teacher who used to live in Japan and taught me for about 5 years. Even though he can speak very fluent Japanese, I tried to speak in Cantonese as much as possible. I was very happy to hear from him that my Cantonese was reasonably understandable, because I haven't had any Cantonese lessons in last 6 months.
We decided to visit HK University, because it was used for some movie location and also he used to be a student there before coming to Japan.
I took some photos of old buildings in the university, and had lunch at a canteen.

Then looked in at University museum and Tea museum on the campus.

After that, we walked to Dr Sun Yat-sen Museum.
This building used to be owned by a very wealthy Ho family. It was very interesting to know the history including Dr. Sun Yat-sen and Ho family.

http://hk.drsunyatsen.museum/en/index.php
http://www.amo.gov.hk/en/monuments_98.php

In early evening, I went to the ticket office of a Bus company which run cross border buses to China. We wanted to take a direct bus to Hoi Ping from this bus terminal near our hotel.
When I asked at the counter in English first, the middle aged lady ignored me completely, just like I was not there, and talking to a younger lady at next window "Why this Chinese person speaking in English". I moved to the next window and said in my basic Cantonese " I would like to go to Hoi Ping, is there any bus tomorrow morning ?" She checked her computer (the older lady was talking to her, "She speaks Cantonese" so she knew I was talking to her) and answered me in Chinese, so I had to say "I am not a Chinese and I don't understand Chinese. I can speak Cantonese a little." Then, she replied "There is only one bus going there at 1:30PM, is it alright ?" (In Cantonese) Actually I wanted to arrive there earlier so I asked again "Is there any bus in the morning ?" Then she said "if you want to go earlier, you have to go to Shenzhen first and get bus from there".
So we had to go by MTR first then bus from there the next morning.

Anyway, In the evening, I met my ex teacher again to have dinner at a very traditional HK style restaurant in Sam Soi Po.
It was old place, a lot of people drinking cheerfully, and talking loudly, more local downtown place than any restaurant in tourist area. (Of course, no English spoken) Food was very good.

http://www.openrice.com/restaurant/sr2.htm?shopid=9994

We had some HK sweets in another local shop afterwards.

When I got back to the hotel, I had to pack everything in my suitcase to be kept at this hotel until we come back to HK.

More adventure in China follows
Eri

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 4:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HK Univ.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.tonyleung.info Forum Index -> Get to know each other All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 2 of 9

Jump to: