TONYLEUNG.INFO
Discuss Tony Leung with fellow fans!

Welcome to the Discussion Board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
  Log in to check your private messages Log in to check your private messages   
Click here to go to Archival Tony Board (2003-2012)

Operation Hong Kong 2014
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.tonyleung.info Forum Index -> Get to know each other
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tin-Yau

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 4:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Jing, my I kindly ask you to post in english. This thread is in english and at least two people cant read what you are writing. Thanks!
Tin-Yau

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 4:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yitian wrote:
With all your effort climbing far and high, do you consider one day visiting "The Great Wall", Heike Wink ?

Yitian, will you be my guide? Let`s go!

yitian wrote:
Beautiful statues, thanks Heike for finding all these nice places and taking photos for us to feel closer to HK sunny . May I ask who is the first one (the golden statue) in this series Embarassed ?

No idea, just one of many, many statues along the way up to the temple. You have never been there, I guess. There are too many. It sure seems to be a happy one. I don`t know much about this kind of buddhism, tibetan yes. This is a different way of Buddha`s teachings.

Safran wrote:
These wonderful pics of Buddhist art....special moments and personal impressions....you should collect fo print a HK- Photo-Book, Heike (sorry, if I'm repeating myself Wink ) salute Applause thumbleft

Oh Helga, first I`m glad you like the pics!
I took so many photos. First it would be very hard to choose, second there would be a lot of photo books in my shelves. I rather not. It might be something different if it would be tibetan buddhism.
Tin-Yau

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 5:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here we go.

Today I went to the NT. Visited Miu Fat monastery. This is a thai style buddhist temple. I`ve been here only once on my first or second visit to HK, so over ten years ago.
Here you can see the entrance. I was not allowed to take photos inside the halls - which I respect, so ... I guess if you want to see the whole thing you have to visit it in person. Wink It is very much worth a visit, btw.

This monastery is famous for it`s beautiful garden.
Does anyone know what kind of fly this is. Some kind of dragon fly?
This beauty let me get really close.

After that I went to Ching Chung Koon, a taoist temple. This temple has also a very beautiful garden.

There was a bonsai exhibition In Love This is a little statue on a bonsai.

Inside the main hall. Hehe, in the mirror in the middle is my reflection.

Outside the main hall. These buildings are amazingly beautiful, full of ornaments and colourful.

And after that I went to the Che Kung temple near Tai Wai.
If you look at the woman who is standing on the right, you can imagine how tall this statue is.

Safran

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sooo impressive pics of various temples and figures
.....with wonderful coloured details.
Wish I could understamd better Wink
ham

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks again for the good pics.Heike
I went to Che Kung temple on my this trip and I was surprised Hk people can listen and talk with me in thai language when I bought something there. Laughing
In The Mood For Leung

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Exquisite!
Tin-Yau

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2014 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And the adventure continues, glad to have you all on board! Wink

Today I went to Lantau to Discoverybay and hiked to Mui Wo via a Trappist Monastery, where I`ve never been before.
It took me about two hours and liters of sweat, and since it mostly was extremely steep, my knees were complaining a lot.

Entrance of a little park up there.

This little beauty did me a big favour and let me take a few photos.

The monastery in front and Peng Chau in the distance.

Nice view towards Silvermine Bay and Mui Wo.

The actual plan was to go afterwards to Po Lin Monatery and hike up to the Lantau Peak, but when I arrived it started to rain so I had to go back BUT this wasn`t bad at all!
See for yourself:
The view was so clear that I decided to go up to The Peak and give you what I promised to try - what a clear view.

But ... it got a lot better.
For a moment I had tears in my eyes because it is so beautiful.

I stood up there for about one hour and couldn`t take off my eyes, when I realized that it`s already totally dark.
yitian

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2014 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jing wrote:
Tin-Yau wrote:
Inside the temple, nice painting.

兜率宫

“熟讀老子道德經上下五千言知足不辱知止不殆;遠望粉嶺東山峰縱橫數十里得石之瘦得雲之魄。 ”

Wink

Warm welcome jing Giving a kiss
It is so lovely to see fan group here is expending, coming along a new one with in depth knowledge of Hong Kong, Chinese literature and history love . I appreciate very much that you keyed in those lines franking Heike’s picture and beyond. These ancient Chinese words are difficult to translate properly, but at least we have the characters to do one’s own search online study .

jing wrote:
yitian wrote:
...May I ask who is the first one (the golden statue) in this series Embarassed ?

大概是沙田万佛寺的五百阿罗汉像其中的一尊吧,立于山路两旁,从山脚一直排列到山顶寺院,我猜:)

弱弱地问句:在这个网站说中文也行的吧? Embarassed Very Happy

Thanks for pointing out the possibility of who may be this golden statue referring to Very Happy , I shall do some search on the web...
Regarding to posting in Chinese, English is understood and therefore more appreciated by every fan here; however, we also see plenty articles etc. in Chinese posted - regardless, posting in Chinese is much better than posting nothing Laughing Wink - some of our non-Chinese fans are pretty good in reading Chinese thumbright .
yitian

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2014 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Heike for continuously feeding us with beautiful pics of HK love .
I see you have successfully hypnotized an exotic red dragonfly as well as a beautiful butterfly Very Happy Wink .
Eri

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2014 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Heike for the most beautiful view from the Peak Very Happy Very Happy

Also I wanted visit here as well but again I didn't have time.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ten_Thousand_Buddhas_Monastery

As Jing wrote in Chinese, he is the one of 500 Arhat.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arhat
Tin-Yau

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 6:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eri wrote:
As Jing wrote in Chinese, he is the one of 500 Arhat.

Arhat! That is a phrase I can work with! Thanks Jing and Eri!
Tin-Yau

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 6:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sooo, another report. Sorry no report from yesterday last evening because I was waaayy to tired.
And I can explain why.
In the morning I decided to go to Cheung Chau, because sunday was Bun Carnival, this means the public can try to climb up the bun tower. Not that I`d like to climb up (this would have been a laugh) I hoped for some nice photos. But as I arrived on CC and saw those many many people, I made a sharp right turn and took the inter islands ferry from CC to Mui Wo. Maybe you remember, I have there some unfinished business in form of the Lantau Peak left. The weather was good 28 degrees, so I take a little hike ( "hike" I thought) up on that hill top.

The big Buddha got smaller and smaller, I got wetter and wetter ... it was exhausing.

On the way I asked people who were coming down how long they think it might take. One said in cantonese "half an hour", another one in english "about one hour" and added in cantonese and english "gaa yau (add oil), you can do it".
Eventually I came to some kind of plateau, the hilltop was the bump on the left, really close and saw those "steps" that`s no steps there is a distance in height sometimes of nearly a half meter.
Look for yourself ...

I felt like I have to vomit, my knees hurt and my heart was beating like hell. I realized I might still have to do 100 meters altitude, I took a break for about 15 minutes took a deep breath and "hiked" on. Btw, this was not a "hike" this was hill climbing.
In the end I was awarded a misty view and I did my very first hilltop - yay.

It`s been a long time since I pushed myself so much to my limits.

Of course I had my backpack with me (if Yuka and Agnes are around, they know about the weight) otherwise you wouldn`t be able to see those photos. Wink

But the evening got much more relaxing. I got a message from Agnes and we went to Karaoke and had a little fun. Before you ask - NO I didn`t sing, at least not into the mike. Singing

Last edited by Tin-Yau on Mon Apr 28, 2014 7:04 am; edited 1 time in total
Tin-Yau

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 7:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moving on to Monday - oh my god only one day left. Crying or Very sad

The first thing when I woke up this morning was muscle ache in my legs - like hell. rambo I thought, maybe I can walk it off a bit - NO WAY!

OK, today I spent the whole day at The Peak - again you ask. Yes! Beautiful and clear view, I could not resist.
It would be boring to show you the same all the time I go up there and since I can go up there and each time I can find something new, I`ll show you also something new. Smile
Beautiful plant, it wasn`t a blossom as I know it. The size is about a 2HK$ coin.

And this little one was amazing. Some men passing by saying in cantonese that it`s dead but it wasn`t.
Look how colorful. It was about 25cm.

This is the view from above Victoria Peak Garden. In Love

Look for yourself how clear it was today.

As mentioned before, I have only one day left. Will leave wednesday morning at 01.30 am. Therefore I have no idea if I can post anything tomorrow, but will do - if you want to see it - when I`m back home. My plan is to go to Wong Tai Sin and Diamond Hill.
Safran

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HEIKE guess we all here hope, you'll send us pics till you depart Laughing (...given you manage)
Your "foto-eyes" are amazing .....seeing the beautiful little details....and the complete as well.
Your heavy Rucksack I think to know from Berlin.... last year Wink
Wish you some more beautiful motives and moments....the last days. sunny thumbleft
Tin-Yau

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 3:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Today I went to Chi Lin nunnery and the garden next to it.

Main hall of the nunnery.

After Chi Lin I went to Wong Tai Sin temple.
It was terrible there, mandarin speaking people elbowing their way through the crowd. Carelessly with the incense. I was there for about 20 minutes, then I had to go. Please, don`t get me wrong. No offense to anyone here! This was an unpleasant experience. After all, this is/was a place of prayer and worship.

Wong Tai Sin

Afterwards I went to Kowloon Walled City Park.
A nice and quiet place.

Nice entrance (above) and pagoda (below).

Found something funny. Can a flame get dressed?! Laughing I can read the chinese characters and that`s not what it means.

And some ad in the MTR station.

That`s it friends. I have to pack my stuff tgether and get ready for the airport.
It was once again very nice to have you with me on this wonderful journey through my beloved HK.
If I have time, I`ll post some more pics of food. They all are on my mobile and I first have to transfer them onto my computer.

Waving
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.tonyleung.info Forum Index -> Get to know each other All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 6 of 8

Jump to: