TONYLEUNG.INFO
Discuss Tony Leung with fellow fans!

Welcome to the Discussion Board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
  Log in to check your private messages Log in to check your private messages   
Click here to go to Archival Tony Board (2003-2012)

The Grandmaster DVD and Blu-ray US Version
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.tonyleung.info Forum Index -> The Latest Tony News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
yitian

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tin-Yau wrote:
Yes I can hear his voice, well, it would be nice to understand a little as well. Wink

Thanks for the info. I thought your Cantonese is very good, at least better than mine Very Happy .

Hopefully the German DVD/Blu Ray will have both German and the original voice tracks, since Amazon seems to be good at giving out misinformation Wink , so you can enjoy TG to the maximum extend.
Jamaica

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking forward to getting the US version. Will probably get DVD, though, as I have no way of making screen caps off of BluRay.
Tin-Yau

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yitian wrote:
I thought your Cantonese is very good, at least better than mine Very Happy .

Dear yitian, I`m far away from ... bad, I`m just sooo lazy. Embarassed And right now, I sarted a new job and my brain is very busy with job related stuff.

yitian wrote:
Hopefully the German DVD/Blu Ray will have both German and the original voice tracks, since Amazon seems to be good at giving out misinformation Wink , so you can enjoy TG to the maximum extend.

Yes, lets hope. I`ll let you know.
In The Mood For Leung

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll watch the HK version, then the US version (shades of Cinema Paradiso).

Although with CP, I first watched the international then the original- a mistake.
yitian

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In The Mood For Leung wrote:
Although with CP, I first watched the international then the original- a mistake.

What does CP stand for Embarassed ?

I guess each version is suited for different type of audiences, if one only watches it once Wink .
In The Mood For Leung

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yitian wrote:
In The Mood For Leung wrote:

What does CP stand for Embarassed ?

I guess each version is suited for different type of audiences, if one only watches it once Wink .

Hey yitian Smile

I meant Cinema Paradiso. The first version that I watched was the theatrical release -didn't know there was an original longer version- and it left me emotionally drained. So when I watched the original I was already numb and emotionally invested in the storyline of the theatrical version.
yitian

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sure it must be Cinema Paradiso Embarassed I was keep thinking along the line of The Grandmaster...... Thanks for your explanation Very Happy.
About CP, I guess I only watched theatrical version long time ago, don't know there is a longer version ever existed.
yitian

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 12:01 pm    Post subject: The Grandmaster US version Blu-ray release date is updated Reply with quote

The new date is March 4th, 2014 Wink

http://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=12186

Anchor Bay Home Entertainment and The Weinstein Company will release on Blu-ray director Wong Kar Wai's latest film, The Grandmaster (2012), starring Tony Leung Chiu Wai, Zhang Ziyi, Chen Chang, Song Hye-Kyo, Bruce Leung Siu-Lung, and Zhao Ben-Shan. The release will be available for purchase online and in stores across the nation on March 4th.

Official synopsis: Directed by acclaimed filmmaker Wong Kar Wai, The Grandmaster is an epic action feature inspired by the life and times of the legendary Kung FU master, Ip Man who mentored Bruce Lee. The story spans the tumultuous Republican era that followed the fall of China's last dynasty, a time of chaos, division and war that was also the golden age of Chinese martial arts. Filmed in a range of stunning locations that include the snow-swept landscapes of Northeast China and the subtropical South, The Grandmaster features virtuoso performances by some of the greatest stars of contemporary Asian cinema.

Special Features:
The Grandmaster: From Ip Man to Bruce Lee
A Conversation with Shannon Lee, Daughter of Bruce Lee
Behind the Scenes Featurette
The Grandmaster According to RZA

*Please note that the official press release indicates a running time of 108 minutes for the main feature.
Jamaica

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Geez, I was hoping with the DVD's delay, they would, at least, add more special features to it. Why didn't either the Chinese or American release have the entire "The Road to the Grandmaster" documentary? I especially wanted to see that with the American release, so I could see the thing with English subtitles. (I don't see my Chinese improving rapidly any time soon).

Anyway, lame-sounding bonus features, dumbed down for an ignorant American audience. My opinion may be changed once I see them, but for Pete's sake, it's a Chinese film, why do they feel the need to add bonus features that are so American-oriented? And I love RZA's enthusiasm for Kung fu films, but he's a fan of them, not a film critic. He's hardly more qualified to comment on them than I am, but since the Weinstein Company released RZA's "Man with the Iron Fist," he was an easy choice to sell the movie to urban youth - most of whom will be bored stiff by the film....

Wow! Am I in a negative mood! Sorry, but really....! Sheesh!
yitian

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

New release date for DVD and Blu-ray is March 4th 2014 Very Happy

IGN released an exclusive clip from The Grandmaster Blu-ray on Feb. 24th:
THE GRANDMASTER - EXCLUSIVE CLIP: THE RAIN SCENE.
http://www.ign.com/videos/2014/02/24/the-grandmaster-exclusive-clip-the-rain-scene

On Youtube
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dAmA5kRwy28
yitian

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

More US DVD/Blu Ray bonuses

BONUS FEATURES THE GRANDMASTER FROM IP MAN TO BRUCE LEE CLIP
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JMVSWkL_6y4

THE GRANDMASTER CLIP—MARTIAL ARTS TRAINING
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D7qc9RmmMQY

THE GRANDMASTER- AVAILABLE ON BLU-RAY™ & DVD MARCH 4TH
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i8LwjdJjp8o
ham

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you sooo much for the videos. Very Happy
Jamaica

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thrilled to see WKW's documentary pieces DID make the bonus features of the US Dvd. It was a nice surprise!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.tonyleung.info Forum Index -> The Latest Tony News All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: