TONYLEUNG.INFO
Discuss Tony Leung with fellow fans!

Welcome to the Discussion Board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
  Log in to check your private messages Log in to check your private messages   
Click here to go to Archival Tony Board (2003-2012)

Operation "US"
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.tonyleung.info Forum Index -> Get to know each other
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jamaica

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aww! Thanks for the sweet pictures of our sweet guy! Smile
solitude87

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sparkles_n15, Thank You for writing up the report!

Here's 2 photos of Tony. Laughing
I posted a few photos somewhere else in the forum...can't remember where it is off the top of my head right now...Confused

Safran

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 1:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looooove these pics love

Once again: Many thanks happy American friends....for your effort....and trust,
sharing your joy with us flower

To our poor "currently in humide heat melting" Japanese friends:
My best wishes for a soon cooling thumbright

Waving Helga

I forgot:

Welcome here in TL Engl.Forum, dear new fellow- fan ...Natasha from Russia !
Have much fun in our nice international community. BTW: To exchange opinions with fellow fans, the correct section is here. ( Please do not worry: "Every beginning is difficult " Wink....we all had to learn first...Wink...and for most of us, English is a "Foreign language".....don´t be shy, haha )
amy0208

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 5:47 pm    Post subject: My legendary trip in NYC Reply with quote

The miracle day was August 11th. I planned to visit Central Park in the morning and then try my luck in SVA for the screening ticket. Just minutes after I woke up, I was told that there would be a gathering with Tony in his hotel this afternoon. At that moment, I was like, really?! It’s so unbelievable and unexpected. A miracle I shall say. Quickly I set up a time to meet together with other fans before we went to the gathering. I also brought my friend with me to go together.

Now is the highlight part, after we arrived in the lobby, we found that Tony was having lunch with his colleagues in the restaurant just near the lobby. I was so excited to finally see him at that time! It looks like that he’s in very good mood. We were all very excited at that moment. After waiting for a while, Info came out and led us into the restaurant. There were 10 of us and everybody took a seat quickly. At the very beginning, we gave Tony our cards, he read it and smiled. Then it was really quiet for some seconds. Tony looked around at everybody. I suggested that we may start from self- introduction and everybody briefly introduced themselves. When it’s my turn, after talking about my name, Tony realized that we met before a year ago in China. I felt so happy that he still remembered me. Because it’s in the restaurant, the environment was really noisy and so I couldn’t hear very clear what he’s talking about, especially when he was talking to someone on the opposite direction. But it didn’t matter, to sit there looking at him already made me very satisfied. I didn’t have many questions to ask. Not because I was nervous, but I did enjoy looking at him answering others’ questions patiently. And because of the noise around, it’s hard for me to involve in his conversation with others. I remembered that I asked him about his trip in LA. He said that he worked there only for 2 hours and the rest time is free. He asked me how I’m doing recently and I said I’m good. He said that I was so quiet last time and I said yes, last time I was too nervous (that was my first time to meet Tony) He also asked me when I will graduate and my plan after graduation. After the Q & A, Tony started to sign autograph for us. I was so stupid that I didn’t prepare anything related to Tony for autograph. I thought I had nothing in my Cleveland home but actually I had a Lust Caution DVD and a magazine but forgot to bring in. So finally I gave Tony a postcard I bought in NY and Info also provided me a 2046 poster for autograph. Another stupid thing I did was that after I get my two autographs back, I looked at the first one and saw it was in Chinese. I found the person next to me got an English autograph from Tony and so I gave back the postcard to Tony and asked him whether he can sign another English autograph for me. He didn’t sign but pointed to the postcard, at first I didn’t get it. Then I took a close look at the postcard and found that he already signed in English for me. I felt so embarrassed that time. Embarassed

After signing all autographs, Tony spent some time to take pictures with all of us. when it’s my turn, I gave him my present, the little yellow cab, before I took picture with him. Tony had his hand slightly on my shoulder. After all of us finished with the pictures, one girl asked if she can retake one with Tony because the previous ones was kind of blur or something, Tony was very nice and said of course. He wanted to make sure everyone is satisfied with their photo. There was a short time when Tony was standing near to me, I told him that I arrived at the same airport as he did one day before and will fly back the next day. I also joked that maybe its because his coming that the airline company provide discount air ticket that weekend. He responded with a smile. He asked how long does my flight take and I said around 2 hours. He said he didn’t expect to meet me here in NY. I didn’t expect either. It’s like a dream. Thank you Tony for making this dream come true. Then its about the time and we wave goodbye.

The miracle continues. Although I didn’t have the ticket, I decided to try my luck for the screening. When I arrived at the reception desk, I found that the theater people have a name list to check. I just talked to them that I’m a great fan of this movie and fly from other city for this movie. Luckily, they gave me a ticket and let me in! I never expected that this can be so easy. Then I walked in and minutes after the movie starts. My another dream came true: watching the Grandmaster in big screen in the U.S. Tony attended Q & A after the screening.

After the screening, Tony was surrounded by people asking for pictures. He was really nice and patient and met everybody’s demands. We got a chance to take a picture with him again in the theater. This time he wore suits. Then Tony showed us a picture in his phone, the picture of our cards and the little yellow cab. I felt so surprised and happy to see that. Then we can see that picture in his facebook and the English forum here as well.

OK, my story should end here. This is my miracle, unbelievable, legendary trip in New York City. It is really different for me to get the chance to meet Tony in person in the United States. It means a lot. I’m not sure how long will I stay in the US and when will I get back to my hometown. But this experience is for sure a great treasure for me.

Thank you Info for organizing this.
Thank you all my new friends in NYC.
And thank you Tony for sparing time with us. You are soooooooo nice and wish you enjoy your vacation from now on.
Wink
amy0208

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

some pictures

Very Happy
yitian

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks amy0208,
Nice stories and pics Very Happy .
I remember that lady in the second pic of yours pulled out a huge folder with lots of stuff in it for Tony to sign Shocked . Tony was so patient and signed a lot of them - He would be stuck in the theater lobby for the whole day if he autographed all of them Wink.
Jamaica

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, everybody, for sharing stories and pictures! And thanks goes to Info & Tony, again for saving me seats at the screening. The whole experience was such a blast!

Here's the stuff I shot at the Chicago screening. The video footage is now in HD, so it looks better than it did in the previous posting. Just make sure when you view it, to put your video's settings at the highest quality.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lo5EvxfTQPc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C_-POgdYFoc

These are the photographs I took from the Q&A, (my apologies for not posting them, here. I can't figure out how to embed them from Flickr to this website):

http://www.flickr.com/photos/29260067@N07/sets/72157635116753974/

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello and welcome amy0208......glad to see you here Smile

Many many thanks for sharing your impressions....your precious personal experience, with us flower .....and of course for your pics also ! Very Happy
Safran

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Embarassed sorry .....the "guest" is me.

To Jamaica a big THANK YOU - once again....for the beautiful and needle-sharp "Tony in Chicago" - things and links Wink

Helga
Jamaica

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Helga, that's sweet!

I, too am enjoying everybody's photos and stories - they are so much fun to read! Smile
Info

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 7:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tony at the fans gathering, will post more photos over the weekend.

Tony at the Q&A session in New York.

Info

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And some more photos taken at various occasions:

Jamaica

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ha! Ha! Great pics Info! The one of him laughing in surprise is especially sweet! Very Happy
Info

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And a few more photos taken during fans gathering were added to: http://www.tonyleung.info/phpBB1/viewtopic.php?t=6952
yitian

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Info, really nice photos Laughing Laughing .
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.tonyleung.info Forum Index -> Get to know each other All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: