TONYLEUNG.INFO
Discuss Tony Leung with fellow fans!

Welcome to the Discussion Board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
  Log in to check your private messages Log in to check your private messages   
Click here to go to Archival Tony Board (2003-2012)

Operation "US"
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.tonyleung.info Forum Index -> Get to know each other
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Info

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 8:59 am    Post subject: Operation "US" Reply with quote

As you all know, Tony will be in US in August promoting the Grandmaster. For those of you who are based in US, you may PM your contact number and the city you are in to me, I will see what I can do. No promise though

Wink
yitian

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Info, you're so kind angel .
Tin-Yau

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good luck to all of you! sunny
My fingers are crossed! Very Happy
Yuka

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm crossing my fingers, too.
Good luck!! Very Happy
Safran

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GOOD LUCK dear American fellows ! thumbright love
.....and please let us know, if the international fingercrossing was successful Wink
Best wishes from Austria Waving
sparkles_n15

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sooo...who will be in NYC next weekend? I'm still working out my schedule to see if I can fly in and out from Toronto, but I can only stay the weekend. Anyone else planning on going?

Jenny
Jamaica

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sigh! Wish I could go, but can't.
sparkles_n15

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 6:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know that everyone's anticipating our fan gathering report. Thank you for waiting! I've tried to compile a report from some of the fans who attended the gathering.

For starters, there were 10 of us who attended. Most fans were in the NY area, a fan from Cleveland, and I flew in from Toronto. Some of the NY based fans had already met each other prior to Sunday, but for the rest of us it was the first time meeting everyone.

Info had informed us to meet in the SOHO area early afternoon on Sunday, so most of us decided to grab lunch nearby before heading to the hotel. We got to the hotel early, entered through the backdoor, and had to figure out where the lobby was. Once we found the right spot, we noticed that the lobby opened up into the restaurant - lo and behold, Tony and his colleagues were sitting in the open doorway finishing their lunch! After stealing glances inside and trying to keep our excitement in check, we all waited patiently in the lobby till they finished eating. Info came and brought us inside once Tony was ready to meet us.

Everyone filtered in and took a seat. The tables were really small and were arranged down a row. One side had chairs, while the other side backed into a sofa with cushions. (Tony sat on the sofa side.) He was dressed casually, in a polo shirt and jeans. Everyone was super quiet at the beginning, so Tony helped lighten the mood by asking us to go around in a circle to introduce ourselves.

Most of the fans were Chinese, however the conversation was a mix of Mandarin, Cantonese and English. Tony went around the table and engaged in conversation with different fans. If one side was too quiet, he would ask, "how come you’re not talking?" However, most of us were very happy listening in on the conversations.

Initially he asked if we wanted to order anything, but we explained that we went to eat at a Chinese restaurant prior to coming, so we were already full. We were probably being overly polite at declining everything he offered, but he did get bottled water for all of us. Info was saying that we were already full from seeing him. (There's a saying in Chinese called 有情飲水飽 which means When in Love, Even Plain Water Can Be a Filling Meal. FYI it's also the Chinese title to Tony's movie Love Me, Love My Money.)

So back to the Q&A portion of the talk - Tony explained that he'll finally be on vacation once he's done with the US promotion. He's been looking forward to time off for a while now. He mentioned that he enjoys being out at sea and that he bought a jet board on this trip, so he's looking forward to trying it out once he's back in HK. We asked if he's still training and he says that he hasn't kept up with it. He mentioned that while he likes strengthening and the overall mentality that comes with training, he really hates having to fight against people. Right now he's very content to be out at sea, or jogging to keep fit.

Tony also mentioned his interest to work in an action comedy film next year. He doesn't really have an ideal cast or director in mind, but he’s open to possibilities, perhaps even working with a Korean director. However, he has no intentions of directing a movie because he quite enjoys acting. Another fan asked if he’s seen the American version of The Grandmaster, and which version he likes better. Tony said he’s seen both and prefers the HK version. At some point, he was asked who his favourite non-Chinese director is, and he says that he admires Christopher Nolan. He was very impressed with Inception and he says that he enjoyed Nolan’s interpretation of the Batman movies.

Our semi highlight of the gathering occurred when WKW came inside the restaurant. Tony got up to speak with him, and everyone got excited seeing them engaged in conversation. When Tony returned back, he asked us once again if we were hungry. Since the screening was at 4pm, he reminded us we should eat before the movie. By that time it was actually pretty late to be ordering dessert, since the service was a little slow and we didn't want to make everyone late. However, Tony insisted we order something, so another fan and I caved in and got a dessert to share. (This turned out to be a bad idea, because we both sat beside Tony, one on each side, so we had to pass the plate up and down the table in front of Tony to share. I'm so sorry!)

Anyway, after a few more Q&A, Tony took time to sign autographs for us. Soon it was time to get going. Tony was like, "no, it's only 3:15", but Info corrected him that it was nearing 3:30pm and some of the fans needed to get to the movie screening. So we all filed outside to a more secluded area and took photos with him.

Right after Tony left, it sort of hit the rest of us that we needed to be at the theatre in less than 30 minutes! It was a bit of a dash towards the theatre as we piled into two taxis, but luckily we made it on time. As for the movie itself, most of us agree that there was quite a bit of re-editing to the story. There’s clearer definitions of the characters and their relationships with each other. Some scenes were cut, some added, some used in different contexts. As a result, the multi-layered HK version changed into a straightforward narrative in the American version. It’s definitely suitable for the North American audience, but it lacks the depth from the original version.

Once the movie finished, WKW, Tony and Zhang Ziyi came for the discussion panel. Tony wore a blue striped jacket with dark pants. The panel lasted about 45 minutes, everyone filed outside once it ended. WKW and Ziyi were whisked off pretty quickly, but Tony stayed to chat and take photos with fans. After we got our photos with him, Tony pulls out his phone to show us his photo - it's the one he posted on the forum with all our cards and gifts!! Anyway, Tony was pretty late for his dinner reception, so he finally had to make his way to the exit. There was still a legion of fans waiting at the entrance, but somehow he made it to his car and waved goodbye. That was the last we saw of Tony in NY.

So, there's the short version of the events that day. HAHA. I'm sure there's lots of details I'm missing in this report, but I hope for the moment it will suffice. I didn't want to mention personal details, but if anyone else wants to share their stories, please feel free to add more. Wink
Jamaica

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow! What an adventure! Glad you had fun!
Tin-Yau

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sparkles_n15 wrote:
I know that everyone's anticipating our fan gathering report. Thank you for waiting! I've tried to compile a report from some of the fans who attended the gathering.

Thanks a lot for the update, Jenny!
I`m happy you all had a great time!
Safran

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LUCKY GIRLS love...BRAVO Jenny ! h Applause

Many thanks for sharing this precious and
unforgettable experience with us (Although most of your US fellow-fans seem
a bit shy Wink ....I hope for some nice Tony pics ...?)
Our dear Tony ( and his nice helpful team) is admirable ....always treating us fans most friendly sunny I am very glad for all of you, who got this special chance to meet HIM. ( BTW: I love to remember HK 2011....and always will appreciate)
Yes, he is simply the greatest sunny...as an outstanding Actor.....and doubtlessly as true Gentleman and Grandmaster as well ! Very Happy
Thank you for reporting ....I enjoyed Smile
Yuka

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Jenny for your report!!!!!!!
Must be fun and exciting meeting Tony and new fans from different places.
I needed some cheer ups to cope with challenge, 40C degree climate ,
no summer vacation etc. Your report helped me to cheer up and have my passion back !

Yuka from boiling hot and humid Tokyo Very Happy
sparkles_n15

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was a very memorable weekend for sure! I'm glad we can share it with everyone here.

As for the other girls, I think everyone is a little busy. I'm also not sure if they post on the English forum...or maybe just the Chinese one.

Safran wrote:
I hope for some nice Tony pics ...?

Here's our happy Grandmaster
Eri

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Jenny.

Always happy to read about Tony meeting his fans.

You all had a very nice day and we can feel that by reading here. Very Happy

Thank you, the lucky fans in North America and of course Tony !

Hope to read more, if anyone else can write about it. Wink
yitian

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Jenny, for combining my happy unforgettable memories into your reprots thumbright

Here is one of the best pics I took - sorry for the fuzziness - guess I was too shaky Embarassed

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.tonyleung.info Forum Index -> Get to know each other All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: