TONYLEUNG.INFO
Discuss Tony Leung with fellow fans!

Welcome to the Discussion Board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
  Log in to check your private messages Log in to check your private messages   
Click here to go to Archival Tony Board (2003-2012)

A Century of Chinese Cinema
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.tonyleung.info Forum Index -> Random Thoughts
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sparkles_n15

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was funny cause I asked him for a photo in Cantonese, then he told his staff he needed to stop to take the picture in English, then said 'thank you' to me afterwards in Mandarin. I was a little confused myself as to what language I should be speaking to him. Haha.

On a personal note, profanity rolls out easier for me in English. Wink

Chris was funny though. He leaned in for a photo so our heads were actually touching in the shot. I think that proves he's more western than asian. Hehe
Safran

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 3:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ohhh, I see......really confusing ;) Thanks Jenny !

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm, maybe he's been working on so many Mainland productions, his Cantonese has suffered(?)
Jamaica

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, that was me - forgot to log in. Anyway, if you don't use it, you lose it, as they say. Seems like for every Chinese character, or phrase I learn, I forget three or four that I'd previously learned. Then again, the info I read could be wrong. Maybe Chris never learned Cantonese, but considering he lived in HK, you'd think he'd have learned the dialect they use there.... Oh well... scratch
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.tonyleung.info Forum Index -> Random Thoughts All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: