TONYLEUNG.INFO
Discuss Tony Leung with fellow fans!

Welcome to the Discussion Board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
  Log in to check your private messages Log in to check your private messages   
Click here to go to Archival Tony Board (2003-2012)

Operation "Hong Kong" the 12th
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.tonyleung.info Forum Index -> Get to know each other
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Safran

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Heike and Tina in HK ! Waving

What a nice chance, to meet another fellow fan....getting to know each other.... spending an exciting day together. For a "Tony-movie-tour" hanasan might be the perfect guide Smile ! (referring her experiences thumbleft )

(Regarding "Tsingtao" : Hahaha....better koa "Köstritzer" in HK.... Drunken Wink )
Thanks for sharing your "little adventures" with us, Heike ....I/we enjoy Applause salute
hanasan

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anonymous wrote:

Old style road in Central. I love those places.

I forgot the name of this road, I`m sure you can help me out Tina.

Thank you again Tina for showing me to all this places, I really enjoyed it a lot! And thank you also for patiently answering my countless questions about the cantonese language and chinese characters!

This is Pottinger Street with more than 150 years' history. It is also called "石板街“ (Slate Street) .

Dear Heike, I also enjoyed the trip with you very much! Actually you are so familiar with HK that you became my guide in Repulse Bay and Stanley! Thank you salute And what you know about Cantonese and Chinese characters is so impressive to me thumbright Add oil on Cantonese learning!
Tin-Yau

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 5:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Safran wrote:
(Regarding "Tsingtao" : Hahaha....better koa "Köstritzer" in HK.... Drunken Wink )

Helga, Tsingtao works as well as Koestritzer. Bomb Drunken And the normal size is a pint. Wink

Glad you like the photos!
Tin-Yau

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 5:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hanasan wrote:
This is Pottinger Street with more than 150 years' history. It is also called "石板街“ (Slate Street) .

Thank you Tina, I only remember it sounded a bit like a German name.

hanasan wrote:
Dear Heike, I also enjoyed the trip with you very much! Actually you are so familiar with HK that you became my guide in Repulse Bay and Stanley! Thank you salute And what you know about Cantonese and Chinese characters is so impressive to me thumbright Add oil on Cantonese learning!

Dear Tina, I`m glad I could show you a little bit of "my" Hong Kong. Smile
Regarding Cantonese, oh if only I wouldn`t be so lazy. Neutral I will keep going on studying, of course. It`s very useful here and I love hearing it.
Tin-Yau

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 6:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Today was ... freezing cold. I haven`t had such cold and windy weather here since April 2003. And I`m not the kind of tourist who is wearing shorts and short sleeves all the time. But hey, I`m not complaining! I know what to do and where to go when the weather is bad. I`m in HK, this is what matters most.

Well, today I went to Ma Wan, have never been there before. This is an island located close to the Lantau Link. You probably will pass it on your way from the airport to the city.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ma_Wan

Beach with Lantau Link in the background.

Tin Hau (Goddess of the sea) temple on Ma Wan.

Wan Chai from the Star Ferry. As you can see, visibility is still bad, especially for "excellent shots". Forecast is better for tomorrow, maybe I will have better shots from The Peak tomorrow.

... nighty night ...

Sleepy

First thing tomorrow morning: Go to HK Records and buy The Grandmaster BluRay. Dancing sunny
Safran

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello, busy HK visitor Very Happy
You are tooo strict with yourself, Heike Wink ....for this weather-conditions, your pics are great !
Wish you a warmer, brighter and clearer day for tomorrow´s "foto-session" on The Peak - I loved it love (....and to get your "TG"- Blue-ray disc without long waiting queue Wink )

Looking forward to seeing pics of The Peak.....and the wonderful unique panorama ! cheers

Good night, Hong Kong Sleepy
yitian

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Heike, your so called bad weather pics gave a different and mystic flavor of Hong Kong - they all look great Exclamation Very Happy I still think you are good at taking pictures Razz . Thanks and enjoy your stay in HK angel

Tin-Yau wrote:
First thing tomorrow morning: Go to HK Records and buy The Grandmaster BluRay. Dancing sunny

I guess you're up and ready to go to a record store by now Wink . Hope you can find a Blu-ray player to play the movie in few hours love
Jamaica

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heike, I think the shot in the fog is marvelous! The lights glow because of the fog. Very pretty! I've loved all the pictures. Thank you for sharing your trip with us. It's so neat to see this place that I've come to love in all those HK films! It's like seeing an old friend!
Tin-Yau

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 6:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jamaica, it is true, the fog makes it all a little mystic but very beautiful in it`s own way. Glad you like it.

Well, this morning I took an early ferry from Lamma to Central to be on time when the big release starts. I couldn`t wait to get my hands on a copy. But when I got to HK Records, no TG. So I went to one of the sales guys and asked him, he didn`t know the english name, so I asked him in cantonese. Unfortunately the shipment has not yet arrived, maybe in the afternoon - maybe. Confused OK, heads up Heike, back to HK Island and up to the Peak, as the forecast says the weather will be fine today. At first it was so-so, little fog and clouds so I went to the Victoria Peak Garden. Been there before it`s a lovely place.

If you want to get there, take the middle road up the hill. Don`t let the steep hill scare you. All of the sweat is worth it.
After the garden, I`ll take you to the road on the right - not the stairs.

This is the entrance to the Victoria Peak Garden and Governour`s Walk.

Part of the garden, beautiful.

Now let`s take the road on the right seen in the first pic.
I`ve been walking on this road several times and always come back.

Nice and quiet. Lot`s of nature, perfect for relaxation.

If you continue walking on this little road and the view is good like today, you`ll be able to see ... this
Shocked
Now that`s what I call a view - breathtaking, wonderful, ... so nice it can`t be true.

This is already set as my new wallpaper.

If you continue walking along this road, you`ll be back on the road on the left seen in the first pic.

Later I had to go back to HK Records in Ocean Terminal but before I had to take a shot of that.

And a little while after that nice shot, I finally could lay my hands on what I was eagerly waiting for.
Yahooo, finally I can see the 130 minutes version, not the one I`ve seen at the Berlinale.

Helga, I hope you don`t mind I have to see this movie tonight but only have a DVD player in my flat, so I have to use your copy. Question

No time to post more, gotta see that movie. Shhh

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My copy ? Shocked Confused ....I´m speechless salute - and thank you very very much for your effort Giving a kiss - Please: watch watch watch ! Laughing

Your yesterday´s Peak-pics are amazing and breathtaking indeed sunny Applause .....and the way to Viktoria Peak Garden definitely worth sweating love Very Happy

Wish you a good night , most envyable Heike Sleepy
Safran

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

..... yes, it´s me again ! Embarassed
Tin-Yau

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anonymous wrote:
My copy ? Shocked Confused ....I´m speechless salute - and thank you very very much for your effort Giving a kiss - Please: watch watch watch ! Laughing

Of course yours. You asked for it and it`s Region 0. Now you have to wait for, let`s say 10 - 14 days till it will be deliverd. Wink
Jamaica

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heike, wonderful pictures, again! Hong Kong is so green and beautiful.

Let us know your general impressions of the different versions of
"The Grandmaster." Smile
yitian

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heike, thanks again for the beautiful pics Very Happy
The Grandmaster in Blu-ray and DVD Exclamation Hope you enjoyed watching this Chinese version last night Razz . I am curious about how you like both versions too Wink .
Tin-Yau

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, the BluRay is mine and the DVD belongs to Helga. Wink

Went back to the Peak today since the weather was nice to get some more shots.

Last edited by Tin-Yau on Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.tonyleung.info Forum Index -> Get to know each other All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5

Jump to: