TONYLEUNG.INFO
Discuss Tony Leung with fellow fans!

Welcome to the Discussion Board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
  Log in to check your private messages Log in to check your private messages   
Click here to go to Archival Tony Board (2003-2012)

Tony Gets More Screen Time in International Version

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.tonyleung.info Forum Index -> The Latest Tony News
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 5:37 am    Post subject: Tony Gets More Screen Time in International Version Reply with quote

http://m.zimbio.com/Kar-Wai+Wong/articles/rddBJL6QWsS/Tony+Leung+Chiu+Wai+gets+more+screen+time

Tony Leung Chiu Wai gets more screen time in The Grandmasters International Version

>>AsianArtists
By newswinoke - Feb-7-13 7:56am

TVB News World - Asian Entertainment News Daily

Tony Leung Chiu Wai gets more screen time in The Grandmasters International Version

Feb 7th 2013, 12:55

The 63rd Berlin Film Festival opens tonight, the Wong Kar Wai directed THE GRANDMASTERS (YUT DOI JUNG SI) will open the event. The film's leads Tony Leung Chiu Wai and Zhang Ziyi yesterday morning already flew from Paris for Berlin in preparation for the film festival opening.

The film's international version has 8 less minutes than the China and Hong Kong version of 130 minutes, but Wai Jai's role only increased. Two major scenes like Wai Jai's fight with Cung Le and Bruce Lee's childhood meeting with Ip Man would appear in the international version! Wai Jai said, "I never thought that my role was less in the Mainland version, so I don't feel anything too special about the added scenes. Instead I feel some adjustments to the story make it more intense!"

As for the fight scene wing Cung Le, Wai Jai remembered it like it was yesterday as he joked that he was already scared off before the shoot. "I already had pressure from working on a fight scene with him. Every time I saw him he would ask if I brought any protective gear, which added to my pressure. As the shoot went on, his martial arts truly were very high quality. He was able to control them at will. Our collaboration was very pleasant."

Because the international version was shorter, director Wong Kar Wai was in depth consideration finally removed some of Zhao Benshan's scenes. Because his role discussed kung fu with metaphors, foreigners might not understand. Thus he could only removed this part.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 5:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That post was from me. Switching between the home computer and my iPhone causes confusion with the board! Lol!

Glad to hear Tony gets more screen time. Wish it included more personal scenes as well. Yes, I was a bad girl and saw the film online - not that it matters, my Chinese is still terrible, so there's still quite a lot of mystery left in the movie. (I really missed seeing more of Ip Man's domestic life, and would've liked to have seen the fight between him and Razor, but in any case, still tickled Tony gets a little more screen time added. I'm still hoping Wong will bless us with a rich section of deleted scenes on the DVD - both for fans' curiosity, and as a record of the actors' performances. ) Smile

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 5:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, for crying out loud! "Guest" is me, Jamaica! Lol! I'm going senile, I guess!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.tonyleung.info Forum Index -> The Latest Tony News All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: