TONYLEUNG.INFO
Discuss Tony Leung with fellow fans!

Welcome to the Discussion Board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
  Log in to check your private messages Log in to check your private messages   
Click here to go to Archival Tony Board (2003-2012)

Operation "Berlin"
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.tonyleung.info Forum Index -> Get to know each other
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tin-Yau

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sparkles_n15 wrote:
Thank you for the lovely postcard ...

What? You already have received the postcard. I thought it will take much longer. Glad you like it! Very Happy
michi

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hello Tin-Yau, yitian,

thanks for those pics and very glad to know your guys nice experiences. thumbright
Yuka

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 6:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear fellow fans,

I was busy catching up with work and other duties. Hope you´ll understand the delay. Probably you are already wondering and eagerly awaiting "The Cherry on our Berlin-cake"

On our last day, just after watching "The Grandmaster" in huge Friedrichstadt Palast Theatre, we suddenly got a surprising call.Great news ! ( we couldn´t believe and did not expect any more)

Knowing there are 4 travelling fans ( 3 from 3 European countries and me Japanese in Berlin ), Tony kindly managed to squeeze time out of his tight schedule and gave us the rare chance to meet him next morning !
Still under the impression of that amazing movie, and this surprising call, we were stunned and breathless with excitement. My travel companions Mary, Heike and Helga suddenly realized their departures next day, checked the flight dates and there was .....sincere anxiety.
To cut a long story short: Helga unfortunately had no chance to join because of her early-morning-flight. Our mood varying between joy and sadness.

After our farewell-dinner, digesting last news, we spent our last evening
in common, in our favorite cafe with a laughing and a crying eye.

Next morning , we left the hotel to meet him in a well known hotel in Berlin .
A thrill of anticipation, nervousness, anxiety and excitement was soaring......
Tony was so friendly and relaxed talking with us. We talked about films, Premiere , Red Carpet and Berlin etc. We were glad to hear, he could have a few hours of free time for sightseeing and tour around Berlin with friends ( You probably have seen the pics in TLpictures section..."Tony in Berlin" )

Dear fellow fans and friends, you´ll surely understand we cannot report every detail. We want to respect confidentiality and privacy and prefer to keep some things as a treasure in our hearts.

Last but not least, we want to thank our wonderful Tony from the bottom of our hearts always trying his best...for giving his worldwide fans this special chance, to meet him personally. And Info, for managing this English forum and giving fans from all over the world the opportunity to communicate each other.

Dear fellow fans in Asia....and all over the world.
We are looking forward to reading your reports as well,next time, when you´ll get the chance to meet Tony for sharing the joy in a community of kindred spirits.

Cheers,

Yuka Very Happy
Yuka

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 6:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Jenny !!!
Sorry I'm late in returning back to you.

So nice to see you again in Tokyo !!!!!!
We were all amazed by your progress in Japanese !! Although we were speaking at normal speed, you could catch up what we were talking about.
I don't think I can speak English that well. Haha. Glad you like the tote bag. I have the same one, too !

Nihongo ganbatte ! We'll write each other in Japanese from now on.

See you again in Tokyo or Toronto !!

Yuka Very Happy
Tin-Yau

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yuka wrote:
Last but not least, we want to thank our wonderful Tony from the bottom of our hearts always trying his best...for giving his worldwide fans this special chance, to meet him personally. And Info, for managing this English forum and giving fans from all over the world the opportunity to communicate each other.

thumbright
Applause
yitian

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yuka wrote:

Knowing there are 4 travelling fans ( 3 from 3 European countries and me Japanese in Berlin ), Tony kindly managed to squeeze time out of his tight schedule and gave us the rare chance to meet him next morning !

WOW, you lucky girls Razz , and veeeeery kind of Tony to do so In Love In Love - we all know he was sooooo busy during his Berlin/Paris trip.
Hope you all held your hearts in place, not letting them jumping out of your mouths Wink Wink
Sorry Helga you missed such a precious opportunity Crying - but believe there will be next time - our Great Magician said "just have faith, your dreams will come true" angel

Hope Tony is catching up with some sleep these days Sleepy Sleepy before the next trip.
Eri

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Yuka and all the girls on operation Berlin.

We all knew Tony was very busy in Berlin, so very happy to hear about this.
(although sorry about Helga's missed chance because of her flight time)

Tony's generosity towards his fans (as Ms Lin said before) are our treasure, we are very happy every time we hear about it.

Thank you Tony for being such a kind and generous person. You always make us happy ! Very Happy
Jamaica

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yuka, thanks for the lovely report about meeting with Tony. He's such a sweetheart, finding time to meet with fans. I'm so sorry Helga couldn't stay long enough for the meeting. I hope she'll get another chance, in the not-too-distance future. In any case, it sounds like you all had a nice time getting together and seeing The Grandmaster - quite a nice adventure!
michi

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for sharing your nice experiences Yuka! Very Happy
Tony is really very kind to his fans.
Every episode I heard from here makes me respect Tony more. love

Last edited by michi on Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Safran

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 1:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Once again: Many thanks to Tony, my travel companions....and everybody involved Very Happy

Without "The Grandmaster" as opening film on this year´s Berlinale (with WKW and Tony attending)....and dear fellow fans travelling....I guess I would not have visited Berlin once again. ( I knew a bit from the end of the Seventies.Sad ). I confess I was sceptical... cause Berlin in February is grey, not very comfortabe....and very frosty - it was indeed ! Wink

The more I´m very very glad now, I managed to join. Berlin has changed totally. You feel the excitment in town....everything develops, is lively and in movie-fever. (It is said not to be the most beautiful metropole in Europe....neither to be economical of high interest....but it is obviously Europe´s hippest and most ambitious capital since last years.)......and : Tony is in town ! Very Happy
....Of course, it would have been great to meet Tony, together with my dear travel companions, as well....for sure.
On the other hand: I´ve already got my rare chance to meet him with travelling friends - in Hong Kong, his tropical hometown - I´m happy and very grateful for - it´s not self evident.

Thankfully ~
Helga

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 5:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah! I forgot, Helga, that you had met Tony before! Sorry! My memory isn't too great!
mary

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Everyone

OPERATION BERLIN..what can I say..sorry maybe a long post coming....

Firstly I want to say thank you to all the fans who have posted your well wishes for, during, and after our adventure they are much appreciated.

Without 3 great travelling companions I would never have left Ireland. They did all the planning and hard work I just turned up and reaped the benefits of meeting these truly fantastic individuals, who I have the uttermost respect for.

Obviously I felt a little trepidation before going but I thought just go for it Mary. Too big of an opportunity to miss as I had never been to Berlin before, never been to a famous film festival, never met Tony fans from the forum, never had the chance to see Tony (not that I/we knew then or expected to meet him) but thought maybe glimpse him on the red carpet. I'd not had the chance to show I'm a dedicated fan of Tony ( thought it would be nice to show my support and appreciation of him and his work on the red carpet).

Well guess what...my initial trepidation was unfounded 3 lovely ladies welcomed me in Berlin as if I was one of their own. We all very quickly bonded exhilarated by being in a new city, meeting eachother plus because of Heike and Helga fighting for tickets we knew we would see the very much anticipated movie...The Grandmaster. We had so much to discuss share our thoughts about Tony and his work.

We also managed to see the grand sights of Berlin. A city with much history and sadness not forgetting it's hard past but willing to move on. The Berlin people are friendly and helpful the city holds many delights in all aspects of life... history, art, festivals, shopping. I also must mention the great food and drink along with the fabulous chocolate which I bought loads, for presents and naturally my greedy self.

The evening of the red carpet premiere was exciting unfortunately we couldn't stand in a great position to see Tony on the red carpet but fortunately we did stand near to where the cars would pass. We caught a glimpse of Tony in his car and he did wave when he noticed Helgas very professional home made banner we were holding. Heike very kindly posted a photo of it on the forum (she was amazing a gifted photographer and a technical genius as is Yuko). On the big live screen we could see Tony I have to say I did scream his name when he got out of the car.

Seeing The Grandmaster was another happy experience in Berlin. A great movie with many beautiful scenes. I shall try to write my view on the movie at a later date. Tony never, never disappoints in any movie. When the movie was over the whole cinema applauded actions can sometimes speak louder than any words. I truly hope all his fans get a chance to see this fabulous work. I'm looking forward to hopefully seeing it again on the big screen here or at least on DVD.

Then came fantastic news Tony somehow managed time out of his busy schedule to meet us. Here I must thank Yuko for her perfect post about our meeting I couldn't put it in any better words. I will add that we know we were very, very fortunate to meet Tony his busy schedules don't always allow for what he may want to do in his heart luck shined upon us that day. I'm afraid I was quite nervous and anxious uncomposed even though my fellow companions and Tony were very gracious I'm sure I was embarrassing. Tony is remarkable not only a very talented artist who gives so much for the sake of his work but he's also awesome in person a modest human being who is warm, friendly and kind hearted who truly appreciates all his fans.

Helga you may have been disappointed about not seeing Tony this time but you didn't show it, you very graciously just thought of us and wished us well for that morning. Our last night you enjoyed memories of our time together obviously we were all a little sad at parting but happy we had the chance to meet.

Hopefully as Yuko posted fans can also someday share their experiences of Tony in this friendly forum of kindred spirits.

Finally..yes finally, I have many thank yous to say.

I have to thank Helga, Yuko and Heike you have all given me so many fond and happy memories. I am greatful to you all for your kind hearts towards me and the special friendship. We shared alot of fun and laughter along the way getting to know eachother. Each of you shared your gift of organising an eventful experience I took part in without having to do much. Between the 3 of you I was spoiled and looked after my only contribution being turning up and fortunate to share this great adventure..OPERATION BERLIN will always stay in my memory. I hope (but do not expect) one day we can be reunited. I am sorry it took so long to post I wanted to write the right thing digest all that's happened.

Many thanks to Info you do such hard work running this website. A dedicated fan of Tonys who greatly adds value giving me and many fans the chance to share our thoughts and admiration for Tony and his work. Without your hard work I would never have the chance to hear so much about Tony. I would get to see some of his movies in my part of the world but never get the chance to share in such a happy community you have here.

Last but by no means least I have to thank Tony. You bring so much pleasure to many people across the world enriching our lives through your dedicated hard work so much more than a talented actor. You bring us all together a great ambassador for your art and a great ambassador for your country. I feel very fortunate in having met you. Wish you well in all you do.

Best wishes....mary
Eri

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Helga,

Thanks for writing your thought.

I know that you are actually a very organized person who can clear all obstacles and arrange things very quickly, once you make a decision.

I am sure everyone here likes your hand made banners. They look really great and very special.

Dear Mary,

I always like reading your warm and kind posts. Very happy to read this time as well.
I wish I could see you screaming Tony's name at the Red Carpet. I am sure I would join you, if I were there. Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.tonyleung.info Forum Index -> Get to know each other All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: