TONYLEUNG.INFO
Discuss Tony Leung with fellow fans!

Welcome to the Discussion Board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
  Log in to check your private messages Log in to check your private messages   
Click here to go to Archival Tony Board (2003-2012)

The Grandmaster in Hong Kong

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.tonyleung.info Forum Index -> Get to know each other
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 2:57 am    Post subject: The Grandmaster in Hong Kong Reply with quote

Dear travelling friends ....and fellow fans in Hongkong !

Wish all of you a great time Dancing .....Enjoy "The Grandmaster" love cheers

Helga Waving
benzz

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 6:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wish you....enjoy "The grandmasters" tOo joker
Tin-Yau

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 2:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Friends in HK.
Hope you all can enjoy TG very soon! And then ... tell us how you like it, please! Wink
mary

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

Hope everyone who got the chance to go to Hong Kong or lives in Hong Kong had a great time. It all looked so exciting may all your wishes have come true. Always happy for any fans who get the chance to be anywhere near our Dear Idol.

If you didn't get near the premiere, hope you have the chance to see The Grandmaster very soon.

Best Wishes to everyone.

Mary
Eri

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Mary, Tin-Yau and Everyone,

I've been to HK and watched The Grandmaster 4 times with English and Chinese subtitles.
I am not going to write anything about the story, only about my impression.

At first time, I was too busy following the story and only understood the basic storyline. All the scenes were very impressive and beautiful.

Second time, I was concentrated more on each phrases, notes and Chinese words which was difficult to translate, then each characters became more interesting.

Third time, I studied some articles about more detailed information beforehand, and I found something I didn't notice before. Chinese poetry or traditional cultural background is useful.

Forth time, I was concentrating on finding out some of the questions I had previously. For some of the questions, I got answers, but some still remained unanswered.

So I have to watch a few more times to find out about these.

I've read the original WKW version was 4 hours, but had to cut down to 130 mins for distribution, so a lot of information was missing from the movie. You can use your imagination and get these information by yourself but that takes time. If you are WKW movie fan, this might be a way to enjoy this movie.

It is also interesting to compare these 2 versions, if I have a chance to watch the longer version.

Don't worry, if you only watch once, you can still understand the basic story and enjoy the beautiful scenes including Kung Fu.

Hope to hear what you think about The Grandmaster after you watch in each region of the world.
Safran

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many thanks Eri flower
....for sharing your personal impression ....and helpful thoughts !

Promises to be a "typical" Cool WKW (in best sense )
A sensory experience (heart and senses) love ... with following loooong-term effect (mind) Think ....thatīs what I love and highly appreciate for Very Happy Looking forward to watching it.....hopefully soon Dancing

Helga
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.tonyleung.info Forum Index -> Get to know each other All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: