TONYLEUNG.INFO
Discuss Tony Leung with fellow fans!

Welcome to the Discussion Board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
  Log in to check your private messages Log in to check your private messages   
Click here to go to Archival Tony Board (2003-2012)

Operation HK 2018
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.tonyleung.info Forum Index -> Get to know each other
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tin-Yau

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 5:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This morning I went for a run. Could do the loop twice. It wasn`t very hard, not very easy either, a workout is no walk in the park. Laughing
And looky there what was sitting there waiting that I come along to take a photo, a walking stick, actually several of them but focusing on such tiny things is a tough job for every camera.

After that I had a wonderful full body massage at halitehk.com. I made the appointment before I had that shoulder massage yesterday and didn`t want to cancel and thought it might be a good idea after the run after all.

Then I went to Yuen Long to visit Nam Sang Wai. This is a wetland area and was in the news recently because, as we say in Germany, the firedevil is doing his business. Some fires has been started there and people are quite upset.
But first lunch. Can you believe, I am seldom really hungry here, I guess it`s the jetlag. I went running in the morning for about 7k, then I had that massage, went to Yuen Long and it was 2pm and I still didnt feel any complain from my stomach, strange. My HK friends often ask me "are you hungry"? And my answer always is, "no I`m not, bu I could eat". Laughing
Curry pepper chicken, rice, cheese at Pepper Lunch. Quite good!

After that I made my way towards Nam Sang Wai.
Tin Hau temple along the way.

Abandoned buildings

Yes the clouds have been that dark as they look in the photo. Alltogether I asked 3 persons in a mix of english, cantonese and sign language Laughing if they think it`s going to rain. All of them were sure it will not, and so it was. Amazing.

That bike in that pond is probably only taking a sip of water. WHY???

That must be Shenzhen in the distance.

Here you can see one of the fire sites

Nice reflection. I love this pic!

Tomorrow I would like to go to Po Toi. Another place which is on my list since a long time.
See you around! Waving
Safran

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heike, you are really an amazing HK-guide to us . Each sight/pic is a surprise Shocked I think only very few western HK travellers will ever have seen/visited those special areas you do.
So this slim little creature was the first one to attrack your attention, this time. haha ( do you carry the helpful booklet
always with you to identify ? Wink )
The abdoned buildings reminds me on your former "expedition" where you found similar old buildings, ranked by the jungle. Beautiful and spooky at the same time.
The burned trees look like "Eukalyptus"....which wood is easily flammable.( the catastrophy last summer in Portugal...you remember ? )
The last pic is a beautiful green contrast to the previous one, in my view thumbleft
Although I did not comment each of your today's shots, I like all of them....the temple....the pink blooming bush and matching flag...the view to far Shenzhen (!)...the "Underwaterbycicle".......but I'm getting too detailed Embarassed...Sorry ! .
Have a good and restful night, Heike Sleepy
See you ! Waving

Last edited by Safran on Mon Apr 09, 2018 9:13 pm; edited 2 times in total
yitian

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello old friends in the first 2 pics, good to see you Very Happy .
Agreed with Helga, you really take good pictures. I love the looks of abandoned buildings, amazing reflections in the last pic and in the pond. Somehow my focus of the pond wasn't on the bike, but one circles over water. I was wondering who made those, fish?
My theory of you not feeling hungry in HK is that you are way too excited. There must be some kind of exciting hormones produced hence blocked you sensation of feeling hungry Wink .
As for the fermented rice, 酒釀 in Chinese, it is very sweet. I also love to have it straight. A similarly tasted item (still quite different) would be sake. Hope you can find some in HK Very Happy Very Happy . (I should go to bed but I'm feeling starving Embarassed )
Tin-Yau

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 6:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No Helga, I don`t carry the book with me. Backpack is enough to carry with my bad shoulders and neck.
Does eukalyptus grow in HK? I don`t remember Portugal, sorry. But I got a very good excuse for such things: "Remember, I had a concission!". Laughing
No need to comment each photo! Really! I just hope you like some of them and they show you a bit of that HK which I can see at that very moment.
Tin-Yau

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 6:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haha Yitian, I knew you`d like those stick animals.
I`m glad you like my photos! That bike, actually, was the first thing I`ve seen, then the circles from the many very small fish. Why would anyone through a bike in a pond? Brick wall
I really don`t think I`m too excited to feel hungry. Being here is so relaxing for me. I can unwind - that is also telling me my heart rate monitor. Must be something else.
They don`t have the fermented rice liquid at Honeymoon Dessert, I`ve checked today. Maybe I`ll find it somewhere else, there are still a few days left.

Last edited by Tin-Yau on Tue Apr 10, 2018 7:37 am; edited 1 time in total
Tin-Yau

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 6:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Today I finally wanted to make it to Po Toi island, but first: breakfast at Kai Kee Noodle . Egg sandwich and milk tea. I must say that the tea was especially tasteful. A perfect mixture. They haven`t been greedy with the egg, I had trouble keeping it between the bread.

Anyone hungry, This looks so yummy. I love that kind of sausage!

But then: Po Toi

I love that pic, can`t say why, I just do.

If you ask me, this scenery should be on a postcard

Patient wild life

Just one word: BEAUTIFUL!!!

There must have been a fire recently, I guess due to Ching Ming

I visited the Tin Hau temple in Aberdeen again. No pic from Tin Hau, you know her already. This is Gwun Yam, bodhisattva of compassion.

An excedingly patient butterfly

Busy streets of Sheung Wan

In the evening I`ve met 2 dear friends for dinner at Satay Inn
Chicken Curry

Satay skewer and something I forgot Embarassed

Yes Helga, you could be right, I have seen many sides of HK even locals never see. I consider myself lucky. Pray

I`m not 100% sure what to do tomorrow, we`ll see.
yitian

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I totally agree with your point of view, the pix with blue water are breathtaking love . I like the first one very well too - the whitish tree trunks and roots blend into the blue color so perfectly; some parts of the roots resemble an animal rushing into the beautiful blue water. Natural is amazing Very Happy .

I still fascinated to see all creatures wait patiently for you to take pix. You must have said something to them, or even cast a spell Question Wink .

Your dinner looks very spicy and delicious. Guess you like curry? I love it, very yummy haha.

Have another good day and enjoy sunny .
Safran

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good morning from Austria Waving
Watching your daily HK-impressions (after my early breakfast), is a very pleasant start into a new day currently Very Happy
It was another day with glorious weather ...and perfect for your explorations (and for brilliant pics thumbleft ).
The view/landscape....the various shades of blue of water and sky...amazingly contrasting with dead wood...love Simply "breathtaking" as yitian most fittingly commented .
Regarding the nice pics of patient little creatures, crossing your way, it needs your patience too, I guess Laughing

Revisiting the temple, as a special place for quiet /spiritual contemplation is always doing good ( whether religeous or not )- and is maybe helpful also, to master upcoming challenges well Wink
I see you do not forget to treating (strengthen) your injured body very well also, haha. Drool Enjoying delicious food together with dear friends, is a very special pleasure (I envy you for Wink) cheers

Have another bright (rest of the) day in HK sunny
Many thanks...for now ~
Tin-Yau

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 5:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yitian wrote:
I totally agree with your point of view, the pix with blue water are breathtaking love . I like the first one very well too - the whitish tree trunks and roots blend into the blue color so perfectly; some parts of the roots resemble an animal rushing into the beautiful blue water. Natural is amazing Very Happy .

Yitian, good you can find words for what you are seeing - for me it`s harder.

yitian wrote:
I still fascinated to see all creatures wait patiently for you to take pix. You must have said something to them, or even cast a spell Question Wink .

Hmmm, maybe they think " oh there is Heike, she wants to show us to her friends, quick a pose" Laughing I honestly have no idea. Most of the time it doesn`t work EVEN if I speak to them. But wait for today`s highlight. Shocked Dancing Dizzy

yitian wrote:
Your dinner looks very spicy and delicious. Guess you like curry? I love it, very yummy haha.
Have another good day and enjoy sunny .

Oh I looove spicy food.
Tin-Yau

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 5:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Safran wrote:
Good morning from Austria Waving

Good evening from HK. Smile (sorry guys memories for german speaking people: Helga da fällt mir Freddy Quinn`s Lied ein "Fährt ein weißes Schiff nach HK" - auch wie schön! Nur hab ich wenn ich hier bin selten wirklich Sehnsucht nach zu Haus. )

Safran wrote:
Watching your daily HK-impressions (after my early breakfast), is a very pleasant start into a new day currently Very Happy
It was another day with glorious weather ...and perfect for your explorations (and for brilliant pics thumbleft ).
The view/landscape....the various shades of blue of water and sky...amazingly contrasting with dead wood...love Simply "breathtaking" as yitian most fittingly commented .
Regarding the nice pics of patient little creatures, crossing your way, it needs your patience too, I guess Laughing

Glad you like what/how I see these places, wonderful places. Yes these creatures need patience, quite often in vain. But that`s OK. It`s part of the fun. This is nature. At least I see it that way.

Safran wrote:
Revisiting the temple, as a special place for quiet /spiritual contemplation is always doing good ( whether religeous or not )- and is maybe helpful also, to master upcoming challenges well Wink
I see you do not forget to treating (strengthen) your injured body very well also, haha. Drool Enjoying delicious food together with dear friends, is a very special pleasure (I envy you for Wink) cheers

Have another bright (rest of the) day in HK sunny
Many thanks...for now ~

Exploring a temple is always nice. Who can I recognize, most of those statues I don`t know their name. It`s fun when you ask those people working there for a name of the statues, cos they seldom speak english but they are hugely surprised if I get a name right.
Tin-Yau

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 6:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This morning I went for a run. I felt good and could make the loop a bit more then twice. BUT the best thing was ... something, at first I thought was a dry leaf, then I thought it was bark but it was an animal. With the help of the FB HK Snakes group I was told that this is a Xylorhiza adusta. I passed that place 4 times and it always had the same posture, maybe it`s gone. But look for yourself.

After that my well deserved breakfast at Kai Kee. Very friendly staff and good food. Maccaroni in soup, toast with egg and milk tea. Usually a waiter or waitress in HK is kinda grumpy but they are not, not at all.

After that off to Clearwater Bay. Not easy to get there because you need to take a mini bus to get close to that place and those drivers don`t speak english. But with the help of uncle google (maps) and the term for "I want to get off" in cantonese it worked out fine.
Inside the 800 year old Tin Hau temple.

Another shrine of Tin Hau , at least it says Tin Hau in chinese.

My friend in a sitting posture

Lots of incense. My clothes/back pack still smell

Pic from outside, nice weather again today.

And what could be better if you have a beach (almost) for yourself.

Then I wanted to go back to the clear warter bay beaches but the minibus was full, so I thought I take a short walk to where the route starts, Po Toi O Chuen.

Shrine along the way, right next to the road.

Po Toi O Chuen

Dried seafood shop

Clear Water Bay first beach. Nothing spectacular.

Dinner at Yuen Kee. I remember last year I had a delishious and tender pork chop curry with rice, so I ordered it again. 2 pork chops, lots of rice, nice curry sauce and a dead fly on my broccoly. Shocked Maybe they thought after my morning run and the several short walks of all together 22k (acording to my heart rate monitor) I might need extra proteine. No Thanks. Appetite was gone, also because the pork chops have been very greasy and lots of little bone pieces in the curry. Taste was good though.

After that I had a short ride on the "ding-ding" the tram. Till I`ve seen Lee Tung Ave. Nice!

And on the way back, I had the basement all for myself

No idea about tomorrow, lots of options though. Maybe Sai Kung, Lung Tsai Ng Yuen is also an option. We`ll see.
Tony

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 7:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I should admit that u know hk better than me
Tin-Yau

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 8:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tony wrote:
I should admit that u know hk better than me

Not sure Tony, maybe u should join me on one of my explorations. thumbright
I've visited HK now 22 times.
Glad to see u in the engl forum too!
yitian

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The insect in your first pic looks toxic - the body hair, the shape of its legs - one word, scary! However, a fly in your dinner plate is even more gruesome Shocked Sad . Hope you had a replacement plate and a free dinner. Better still, next time you may want to consider some extra shots before your trip Wink .

I love the pic with red lanterns, very cheerful and well composed. I wonder what kind of occasion for putting out so many lanterns Question . I also like to see all your pix of temples..... Have you counted how many Tin Hau and how many your red faced friend you have come across in HK? I have lost counts for all those you showed me here Embarassed Very Happy .

The best part today is that I see our dear idol Tony spoke, not once, but twice love Dancing sunny . Thank you my dear friends, for posting such interesting lines and pix that attracted Tony, who I miss a lot Laughing Laughing Laughing . I was so glad to be able to watch Monster Hunt 2 in US cinemas. Hope Tony's future movies will be released in US too Pray Razz .

Good morning to HK and soon to Austria sunny .
Safran

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good morning...and hello again from my side, dear friends Very Happy
Yes, this was a very special and happy day, yesterday cheers...seeing our source of inspiration visiting us here on board sunny

Regarding your first pic, Heike: I've never ever seen such a strange (scary) little monster Shocked The creativity of nature is simply great!
From outside this austere building of the temple, one cannot imagine the warm and mystical atmosphere inside.
The red latern-pic of Lee Tung Ave is very beautiful and impressive indeed ! ( Btw: Could you ever imagine HK/China without this omnipresent RED colour ??...No way !! )
Not every day can be a culinaric "highlight" Wink ..although staying in "The world capital of culinary treat"

Bye bye for today, and enjoy another day in this amazing, colourful city flower Waving
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.tonyleung.info Forum Index -> Get to know each other All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 2 of 7

Jump to: