TONYLEUNG.INFO
Discuss Tony Leung with fellow fans!

Welcome to the Discussion Board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
  Log in to check your private messages Log in to check your private messages   
Click here to go to Archival Tony Board (2003-2012)

In the Mood for Love (2001 short film)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.tonyleung.info Forum Index -> Tony Leung Movies
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Paul

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 5:35 am    Post subject: In the Mood for Love (2001 short film) Reply with quote

Recently I was reading 'WKW: The Cinema of Wong Kar Wai' which goes into a lot of detail on Wong Kar Wai's films and has in depth interviews with him. Really good book.

I got to the part about 'In the Mood For Love' and read that the original premise of the film was to be a series of shorts related to food. One of the shorts was actually filmed before the plan was changed and it sounds like it was a precursor to 'My Blueberry Nights'. It features both Tony and Maggie.

Unfortunately it seems it was never released and has only been shown at Cannes.
Does anyone have more information on it? Running time etc or has anyone here seen it?
yitian

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm aware the existence of such, but alas I don't know more Crying or Very sad . We should ask WKW to release this one Wink .
Paul

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2021 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just read the news today that the short film will be offered at international auction house Sotheby's. It's titled 'In the Mood for Love - Day One'.
Looks like we won't be seeing it yet. Maybe the buyer will share with the world?
yitian

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2021 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

These is a 10-second silent piece on the web. Somehow I feel we are never going to see this if someone buys it.
I wonder why WKW started to auction his stuff.... Think
Safran

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2021 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I fear you are right, Yitian Confused Rolling Eyes

ITMFL-D1 ?? I'm a bit confused about Tony's moustage of 2046 Think
Safran

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2021 6:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Found this enlightening
"The Film Stage" - article by Jordan Raup, Sept. 7, 2021.....including the clip....and jettone article.

https://l.facebook.com/l.php?u=https%3A%2F%2Fthefilmstage.com%2Fwong-kar-wai-is-releasing-never-before-seen-in-the-mood-for-love-footage-as-nft-short-film%2F&h=AT1g1w54wl5uYid1kFAzufrscWy9ASHUtqKX-sf1BuN5JcEBeMVg9bTJcpoTo-51xegZPtyv3iBMMNJomROw6t6tpDdq2bV7y6GL18CyPQzZ7oDUZpQD2xmVTtZ4CmmZCd4&s=1
( Hope you can open the copied link ) Think
Paul

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2021 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yitian wrote:
These is a 10-second silent piece on the web. Somehow I feel we are never going to see this if someone buys it.
I wonder why WKW started to auction his stuff.... Think

Maybe to fund a new movie?
I'm also not confident that we will see it. I would hope for some streaming company to buy it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.tonyleung.info Forum Index -> Tony Leung Movies All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: