TONYLEUNG.INFO
Discuss Tony Leung with fellow fans!

Welcome to the Discussion Board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
  Log in to check your private messages Log in to check your private messages   
Click here to go to Archival Tony Board (2003-2012)

Operation HK 2017
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.tonyleung.info Forum Index -> Get to know each other
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tin-Yau

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 6:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As for today, same as yesterday: Food

I met Tina this morning for a movie and lunch.
We went to a Shanghainese restaurant

Spicy noodles and soup and black fungus with okra

Spicy tofu with minced meat

Dumplings filled with soup

Ricepudding for dessert

After that I picked up my race pack in Mong Kok for the 30th.
The afternoon was quite wet so I went to watch a movie again. Wink

And my dinner, fried noodles, BBQ pork and scrambled eggs.

Nightynight
Safran

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see you had a very pleasant day Very Happy
The first time a rather relaxing and quiet day....for a change Wink
The dishes look very mouthwatering haha Drool Typical Shanghai-cuisine ? ( Yitian will hopefully tell us Wink )
Watching a nice film in lovable company....and talking afterwards is always a joy - in my view thumbleft

Have a restful night in Hongkong Sleepy Waving
yitian

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haha, this is a eat, watch movies and be merry day for you. Guess you enjoyed every bits of them. I wonder whether you two picture-taking experts compared notes on how to choose perfect angles to superimpose 2 pictures taken at different times Wink .

The lunch, looks so delicious, every dish is my favorite. I think the soup dumpling and rice pudding is more of a south China / Shanghai style. The spicy ones are more of Sichuan style...... I don't think Shanghainese eats spicy (chilly) much at all Laughing .

Enjoy the weekend flower .
Tin-Yau

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 7:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yitian, the climbing carnival on Cheung Chau was on the 22nd. The scrambling competition is on may 3+4.

Safran wrote:
I see you had a very pleasant day Very Happy
The first time a rather relaxing and quiet day....for a change Wink

It was a very lazy day. I did not even walked 10k.

yitian wrote:
...Guess you enjoyed every bits of them. I wonder whether you two picture-taking experts compared notes on how to choose perfect angles to superimpose 2 pictures taken at different times Wink .

The lunch, looks so delicious, every dish is my favorite. I think the soup dumpling and rice pudding is more of a south China / Shanghai style. The spicy ones are more of Sichuan style...... I don't think Shanghainese eats spicy (chilly) much at all Laughing ...

Yitian, when it comes to food, I take a quick snap and then eat. No time for "the perfect angle"! Laughing Sometimes I`m too quick for my mobile and the pic doesn`t get saved. Embarassed

Ummm, I don`t want to sound impatient but you don`t forget "our" tomato, egg, rice recipe? Please Giving a kiss

Last edited by Tin-Yau on Sat Apr 22, 2017 8:45 am; edited 1 time in total
Tin-Yau

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As for today, the forecast was pretty wet and cool. So I decided I`ll go to Stanley. Because there is always a shelter nearby. And it got cold today. Low about 18 degrees. I was wearing trousers, my running jacket and a wind breaker and still had goose bumps. Freezing.

But first: Breakfast
Rice roll with BBQ pork and milk tea

Tin Hau temple at Stanley. It started to rain when I arrived there so I looked for shelter in the temple. A lady who`s working there told me that that temple is 250 years old.
That`s Tin Hau

After that I went to Lamma for a last bit of cantonese opera. You might roll with your eyes but for me watching this with all the movement and facial expressions really is amazing. I don`t have to understand what is spoken. Watching is exciting enough.
And today I dared to take photos.
Look at the costumes

Just look at her. Face. Fingers/hands. Costume.

View from all the way back from the tent. Pity not more people came. It`s an afternoon show but still ... . Pity.

And maybe you remember I had a ticket for "Mr. Long" tonight but I changed my mind after I got noticed that there will be a screening at Bradbury school of a documentary about my teacher`s wife who died 2007 . I just HAD to see this movie everything else was no more important. It was quite a "wet" evening and kinda heavy.
Tomorrow morning I will try to go for a run again. Giving the tense muscle 8 days rest should be enough - I hope. Confused
Sleepy Waving
yitian

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had an impression that Cantonese opera is somewhat similar to Beijing opera. I only saw a very small piece of Cantonese opera in my whole life so far, guess who were in that piece Question Wink Arrow Tony and Carina Laughing .

Guess you've all seen this before. If not, or want to refresh - here is the link Laughing
http://www.tudou.com/programs/view/Dd9t3HCkTTY/

About Mr. Long. Hope you can catch it up in another showtime. Good luck. If not, there will always be a DVD to purchase Very Happy .
Safran

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many thanks for those beautiful and amazing pics of trad. Cantonese Opera Very Happy ....STILL living cultural tradition love ....and a piece of mysterious exotical magic for the western world Think Applause
Btw: When travelling South-Eastern Asia, I always was very impressed by those amazing bamboo constructions Surprised...light and resistant at the same time....and so beautiful to look at ! thumbleft

To Yitian many thanks for posting the nice link of the young couple Laughing

Have a nice day sunny ....in the east as well as in the west Giving a kiss Waving
Tin-Yau

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 5:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yitian wrote:
Guess you've all seen this before. If not, or want to refresh - here is the link Laughing
http://www.tudou.com/programs/view/Dd9t3HCkTTY/

About Mr. Long. Hope you can catch it up in another showtime. Good luck. If not, there will always be a DVD to purchase Very Happy .

Yitian I have NEVER seen this. Thanks so much! Giving a kiss

As for "Mr Long", I`f seen this movie at the Berlinale so I really know what I`ve missed but the other screening had much more meaning to me.

Yes Helga, these bamboo tents are impressive.
Tin-Yau

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 5:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This morning I had an not so easy 9k run. rambo Muscle is still tense. Problem is I have a 10k run coming sunday in Shek Mun and the week after is "Wings for life world run" , a charity run, which I`ve signed up a bit less then a year ago. It looks like Hong Kong`s harbourrunners are taking part in it for the first time this year.
Here ist the link if you are interested. This race starts at 25 locations all over the world AT THE SAME TIME. Wich gives you goose bumps when you start running.

http://www.wingsforlifeworldrun.com/de/de/

So after my not so easy run I went for lunch.
Pork, corn and rice at "Good Luck Cafe".

After that I hopped on a tram because I had some time to kill.
This is all mine. Laughing

Guy is playing "PokemonGo" on 2 iphones simultaniously. Confused

Some demonstration was going on. The guy next to me told me it`s about politics.

The domestic helpers enjoyed their day off.

And my dinner at Hung Hom Cafe
Lemon chicken, which is oh so yummy.

yitian

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to hear the not so easy 9k run Crying or Very sad . Perhaps you will consider skipping one of your upcoming 10k runs, just not to further worsen health conditions Question . Instead, you can try to ride another tram that's exclusively running for you - this is really special Laughing .

Talk about forgetfulness, I totally forgot you saw Mr. long - only 2 months ago Embarassed ..... Sorry...... This makes going for the rare documentary even more appealing.

Thanks for sharing, have a good, joyful Monday sunny .
Safran

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello dear Heike Smile
A sole/exclusive tram-ride you had Very Happy....A little " Social study"...getting interesting further insights to various Sunday-activities of usually very busy HK citizens Surprised Laughing
Many thanks for sharing these impressions flower ... and tasty meals Drool
I agree Yitian to be careful Confused Of course you will know best how to handle, nevertheless better train gently next days Wink
...not to overdoing/overstress , before your
"Wings for the World Run" on 30th thumbright Applause
( Btw: Your hurting toe is hopefully recovering well ?! )

Have a pleasant Monday, Heike ! sunny
Tin-Yau

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 5:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Safran wrote:
...not to overdoing/overstress , before your
"Wings for the World Run" on 30th thumbright Applause
( Btw: Your hurting toe is hopefully recovering well ?! ) ...

Thanks for your concerns you 2. My toe, well the blue colour is gone but it`s still swollen, red and the skin is shiny. Confused Most important: Most of the pain is gone.
Wings for life is on may 7th.
Tin-Yau

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 6:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Today I went to Tsuen Wan to visit 2 places I haven`t been to for several years. Yuen Yuen institute and the "Western Monastery".

Nice flower

I might be totally wrong but wasn`t there a TVB series some time ago about these 8 "deities". As far as I remember Chow Yun Fat and our Tony took part in it, also Andy Lau I begin to remember. Was it "The Yangs`s Saga"?
I also might confuse it with another TVB series though. Confused
Yitian, you know such stuff. Would I be at home and check my TVB collection I would be able to confirm.

View from the institute.

Another dear dragonfly who was exceedingly patient with me. No zoom and with my mobile. Wink

The "Western Monastery" right next door.

This is the entrance of the pagoda you can see in the back of the previous pic. One cannot go in.

Nice garden with lots of statues, each of them with different meanings.

Lunch, curry pork chop and rice at Ngan Lung restaurant in Tsuen Wan.

Later I just walked around a bit and stumbled over this nice park. "Jockey Club Tak Wah Park".

Then I was in the mood for something sweet.
Durian pancake and mango with tofu pudding at "Honeymoon Dessert".

And dinner, spagetti with BBQ pork.

Safran

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice places you revisited....and found , when walking around Very Happy
You explore this amazing places with interest, attentiveness and love....one can see/sense. (Otherwise you would not see all those little beauties on your way flower Wink
My very best wishes for a full recovery till Sunday thumbleft
(Btw: Sorry, I mistaked the dates Embarassed )
yitian

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agree with Helga, these are really nice places: peaceful and beautiful. The first pic, I think it is waterlily (not lotus flower), please correct me...
Tin-Yau wrote:
I might be totally wrong but wasn`t there a TVB series some time ago about these 8 "deities". As far as I remember Chow Yun Fat and our Tony took part in it, also Andy Lau I begin to remember. Was it "The Yangs`s Saga"?
I also might confuse it with another TVB series though. Confused
Yitian, you know such stuff. Would I be at home and check my TVB collection I would be able to confirm.

Yes you're right, The Yang's Saga had some of these "deities" appeared at the beginning of the series. Chow Yun Fat played one of them. Some other gods (e.g. Tony's Lei Zhenzi) were sent down to earth to help fighting against invasions. I don't think Lei Zhenzi is one of these 8 Deities. After went down to the earth, Lei Zhenzi became the 7th son of Yang's family. Andy Lau played the 6th son, but I wasn't sure whether he was a deity or not...... I haven't watched this series for a long time.

Impressive memory Very Happy . On the other hand, I'm sure stories of these 8 immortal gods have been featured in numerous TV series and films......

Last but not the least, the red dragon fly is absolutely amazing. It immediately reminded me another one you took few years ago, sitting on top of a lotus flower bud Very Happy Very Happy

Hope your toe will recover in about 2 weeks of time. At the mean time, relax and enjoy.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.tonyleung.info Forum Index -> Get to know each other All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 6 of 10

Jump to: