TONYLEUNG.INFO
Discuss Tony Leung with fellow fans!

Welcome to the Discussion Board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
  Log in to check your private messages Log in to check your private messages   
Click here to go to Archival Tony Board (2003-2012)

Operation HK 2017
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.tonyleung.info Forum Index -> Get to know each other
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tin-Yau

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Today I went to Bride`s Pool.

"Due to the potential danger of flooding ..." blah blah blah, of course there is a path. One has to use the brain and a bit sense of direction.
The waterfalls. Not much water there. It was quite dry the last days but rain will be coming soon. More then I like I guess.

These are damselflies (I hope I got that right scratch )

Amazing colours

So beautiful

And ... yes I see you, I keep looking.

On my way back to Tai Mei Tuk. Nice view. In the meatime we reached 32 degrees.

After that I went to Lamma for a bit of cantonese opera. But first: dinner. Spicy eggplant, rice and my beloved Tsingtao.

View from the restaurant. Yung Shue Wan ferry pier.

Poster from the opera ... with my shoes Embarassed
No pics from the opera itself. A few years ago one was permitted to take photos but not filming, now even taking photos isn`t allowed anymore. So nice costumes tonight. Pity!

Streetview on the way back to my place.

Tomorrow I will go to Cheung Chau. It`s Tin Hau`s birthday and there must be something going on in their temple ... I hope. Otherwise, it`s always a nice place to visit.
And at 4.45pm I will be going to see "See you tomorrow" on the big screen. Very much looking forward to that. cheers
yitian

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Such beautiful colors those little creatures have. Every time I see your pix, I am amazed that they actually pose for you Laughing .

The actual water fall, comparing to the picture on the introductory board, is so weak. Check your 2 pix together makes me giggling Very Happy Very Happy . Still, the real thing looks nice.....

SO - See You Tomorrow is finally coming. you made my eyes wide open towards to the end. What a nice treat Razz . Can we hear a little review Question Razz Think . A big Giving a kiss first Wink . Don't worry if you're busy....... Enjoy Very Happy .
Tin-Yau

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yitian wrote:
Such beautiful colors those little creatures have. Every time I see your pix, I am amazed that they actually pose for you .

Yitian, they know I'm a nice person. Dancing
Honestly it requires a lot of patience and many shots. I think I had about 10-15 attempts till I got the green one with open wings. Because you can't see the colour when their wings are closed, at least not at the green one.
Umm about a review. Since my english is not so good ... I think I have to refuse. Sorry. Embarassed
Safran

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 2:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Again such a wonderful day in nature you had sunny flower Applause
Even if I repead myself: I cannot help admiring your "camera-eyes" Heike salute Applause ...seeing and perfectly capturing the beauty of all those little creatures ( with patience Wink)....and amazing sights and attractions also love
Regarding today's special screening: I just can say: Have fun and ENJOY ! Dancing ( In thoughts I'm watching too...from a seat nearby in the dark Wink )

See you ~ Waving
Tin-Yau

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 5:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, today my trip to Cheung Chau. There was nothing Tin Hau related but lots of people. Maybe some still enjoy a day off.

Tin Hau temple

View from above.

Little figures from the Tin Hau temple where the bun carnival will be held.

Still without buns.

Harbourfront

On my way back from the screening.

My dinner. Curry pork chop and rice at Yuen Kee. I never ate at Yuen Kee before but this was one of the most tender pork chops I have ever had.

About the movie. I do love the story and how it`s been told. It`s so good to see Tony in a comedy again! love But what I really don`t like is the constant switching between cantonese and mandarin, somtimes within a sentence. Rolling Eyes
I really wonder why they are doing that. Think
Maybe I`m the only one who finds this annoying.
yitian

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tin-Yau wrote:
... they know I'm a nice person. Dancing ...

I'm sure they not only know you're super nice to them, they are also in love with you, they are showing off their most attractive sides to you Laughing Laughing Laughing

So glad that you like the movie - I do see shadows of WKW everywhere, agree Question Wink . I guess the reason you didn't like Cantonese and Mandarin cut in and out is because you have some trouble understanding the Mandarin. To you, it perhaps like constantly listen to half of a sentence Question ...

Even though you have some dislikes, it is definitely another joyful day for you...... Nice movie with Tony leading the way, plus nice views of HK. Did you ever see the "bun carnival" at the end, or you went to the movie and missed some real buns?

All and all, thanks for sharing these with us flower flower .
Tin-Yau

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="yitian"]
Tin-Yau wrote:
So glad that you like the movie - I do see shadows of WKW everywhere, agree Question Wink . I guess the reason you didn't like Cantonese and Mandarin cut in and out is because you have some trouble understanding the Mandarin. To you, it perhaps like constantly listen to half of a sentence Question ...

Yes. It's like I'm in the middle of a cantonese spoken sentence and highly focused, maybe I even understood a little, then the switch to mandarin and I go like 'wait! what?!'. Not my cup of tea.
Don't get me wrong! Otherwise it's a wonderful fun and entertaining movie! I love it! Honestly, I went home after dinner and watched the DVD.

Yes WKW is all over the movie.

Never been to the actual bun carnival. It's usually hold in may.
Safran

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Heike Smile

Glad to hear you liked "SYT" ( especially Tony's performance, I guess Very Happy )
I'm convinced he did his part as excellent as always Very Happy
He doubtlessly is very outstanding in dramatic roles cheers ...and
YES ! ...Most amazingly and great in comedies as well !!! love

This " language-switching" might reaĺly be strange - for non-Chinese audience at least ( ....and seemingly even hard for a "Semi-Hongkonger" like you Wink haha )
On DVD you hopefully had a joice...and could follow Tony's warm voice with Engl. subtitles, to catch up the partly missed dialogs Wink

Our currently very crazy April-weather you surely will not miss ....haha
A temporary return to icy temperatures... stormy winds and even partly snow ( incl.chaos on streets) Springflowers and flowering fruit trees are covered with snow ....or damaged in many regions Crying or Very sad
So : Enjoy the summery temperatures, lucky Heike Very Happy .....and have another great day in beautiful HK flower
Tin-Yau

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Safran wrote:
Hello Heike Smile
This " language-switching" might reaĺly be strange - for non-Chinese audience at least ( ....and seemingly even hard for a "Semi-Hongkonger" like you Wink haha )
On DVD you hopefully had a joice...and could follow Tony's warm voice with Engl. subtitles, to catch up the partly missed dialogs Wink

Hey dear Helga!
Unfortunately the DVD has the same switching as the cinema version.
I guess I just have to live with it. What to do!
Cinema and DVD version both have english subs.
Don`t remind me of home and that stupid snow, I already had changed the tires of my car! My sis has sent me pics - horrible!!! Luckily 11 days are left here, the weather isn`t peachy but main ting is that I`m here.
Tin-Yau

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not much from today. At first I went to HMV to look for the soundtrack of SYT - no luck. HK records also didn`t have it. Then I went to the cinema to see Andy Lau`s new movie Shockwave. Big recommendation! But Spoiler alert!! Isohateitwhenmyheroesintheirmoviesdie!!! Rolling Eyes

So only food today. My breakfast. I actually ordered an egg-tomato sandwich and what did I get - a club sandwich. But it was good!

And my dinner. Deep fried tofu with salt and garlic. I added a bit chili oil then it was perfect.

Not sure about tomorrow. It`s movie time again since forcast says rain is expected.
yitian

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tin-Yau wrote:
...Never been to the actual bun carnival. It's usually hold in may.

Oh, I thought it was yesterday Shocked . Thanks for the clarification Very Happy .
Safran wrote:
...This " language-switching" might reaĺly be strange - for non-Chinese audience at least ( ....and seemingly even hard for a "Semi-Hongkonger" like you Wink haha ) ...

I guess it is a problem for "Semi-Hongkonger". For real non-Chinese audience, one just needs to appreciate Tony's voice (which I love); whatever he actually says is just the same all foreign... Shocked Laughing )
Tin-Yau wrote:
...Unfortunately the DVD has the same switching as the cinema version.
I guess I just have to live with it. What to do!...

Ever consider learning the Mandarin too Question Arrow this is a good start Wink Laughing .
I actually like this dialect switching thing, to me it adds a comic touch to it. Besides, this is so special because this is the second film Tony speaks with a lot of Mandarin...... You girls of course know which is the OTHER ONE love .

As for "Isohateitwhenmyheroesintheirmoviesdie!!! ", it makes Infernal Affairs a much better movie than The Departed...... this is just one of many (my) reasons Very Happy .

Enjoy more movies, enjoy tomorrow Waving flower
Tin-Yau

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yitian wrote:
... Ever consider learning the Mandarin too Question Arrow this is a good start Wink Laughing ...

Nooo way Jose! shaking
For personal reasons.
yitian

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Tin-Yau"]
yitian wrote:
... Nooo way Jose! shaking .......

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
ham

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Heike
Thanks again for all the great pics and yummy food. Smile
I've never had curry pork in hk. Is it spicy?
I watched See you tomorrow on the big screen in Bangkok on March, I heard Tony's real voice but it's Madarin mix cantonese as well. Laughing perhaps it's the same version. And there are english and thai subtitle. Thai dvd will be released on May,I will buy it and watch it again. Smile Smile Smile
Happy weekend in Hongkong Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Tin-Yau

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 5:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ham wrote:
Hello Heike
Thanks again for all the great pics and yummy food. Smile
I've never had curry pork in hk. Is it spicy?
I watched See you tomorrow on the big screen in Bangkok on March, I heard Tony's real voice but it's Madarin mix cantonese as well. Laughing perhaps it's the same version. And there are english and thai subtitle. Thai dvd will be released on May,I will buy it and watch it again. Smile Smile Smile
Happy weekend in Hongkong Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Hey Ham!
As for me, the curry pork chop was "a little spicy". I like it hot and spicy. So it`s hard to judge.
The movie here in HK and what you have seen in Bangkok might have been the same version.
Happy weekend to you too!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.tonyleung.info Forum Index -> Get to know each other All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 5 of 10

Jump to: