TONYLEUNG.INFO
Discuss Tony Leung with fellow fans!

Welcome to the Discussion Board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
  Log in to check your private messages Log in to check your private messages   
Click here to go to Archival Tony Board (2003-2012)

Eri's HK Travel Diary
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.tonyleung.info Forum Index -> Get to know each other
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Eri

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2014 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

astrid wrote:

Like higher cheekbones? Though very few of the first generation in Hong Kong were locals and most of us are offsprings of these migrants from China in the East Asia

I actually have higher cheekbones and a big nose, wide and thick lips. Laughing

Probably look more like Singaporean, Vietnamese or Thai than Japanese. Fa Nam Face ? Wink
sparkles_n15

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2014 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I always get asked for directions in HK, even though half the time I have no idea where I am. LOL

But I get what you mean when people expect you to know the language. I feel like that every time I travel in Japan. And when you attempt to speak their language, they look at you like, why can't you speak properly? Sad
Eri

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2014 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sparkles_n15 wrote:
I always get asked for directions in HK, even though half the time I have no idea where I am. LOL

But I get what you mean when people expect you to know the language. I feel like that every time I travel in Japan. And when you attempt to speak their language, they look at you like, why can't you speak properly? Sad

Jenny, I think your Japanese is fine. You are speaking Japanese properly. Wink

Probably it is not so easy to understand others when people speak with some dialects or using too colloquial expressions in any language. Laughing

I guess we just have to get used to it. Very Happy
Jamaica

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2014 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tin-Yau wrote:
Jamaica wrote:
(At the moment, my Cantonese isn't nearly strong enough to attempt conversation. Need to work on that some more, before I try to vacation in HK!)

Jamaica, you don`t really need to be able to speak canto in HK. Decent English is enough.

I know. But what's the fun in that? Wink
lishan627

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2014 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow! Gorgeous pics! There are still so many places in HK that I have not explored and these really made me feel like travelling to HK again (even though I just went there last year XD)

It's so nice you guys are able to meet each other in HK. Tony fans gathering in HK, whoa! Wish I am able to join u guys if there's any travelling plans of this kind in the future : )
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.tonyleung.info Forum Index -> Get to know each other All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
Page 9 of 9

Jump to: