TONYLEUNG.INFO
Discuss Tony Leung with fellow fans!

Welcome to the Discussion Board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
  Log in to check your private messages Log in to check your private messages   
Click here to go to Archival Tony Board (2003-2012)

CineAsia honors Tony as "Actor Extraordinaire”

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.tonyleung.info Forum Index -> The Latest Tony News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
yitian

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 8:46 pm    Post subject: CineAsia honors Tony as "Actor Extraordinaire” Reply with quote

http://www.filmjournal.com/filmjournal/content_display/news-and-features/features/movies/e3iee50fb40a02a4340b4b9dac77aefa3e4
Dec 9, 2013

Tony Leung Chiu Wai will be honored as “Actor Extraordinaire” for 2013 at the CineAsia awards ceremony on Dec. 12 at the Hong Kong Convention & Exhibition Center.

“It is a great honor to be able to single out Tony Leung for his excellence in performance, most notably in The Grandmaster,” stated Robert H. Sunshine, co-managing director of the annual convention. “His combination of continued critical acclaim and success at the box office makes him one of the most extraordinary actors of his time. He is considered to be the finest actor of his generation in Hong Kong.”

With a career that has spanned nearly three decades, Leung has reunited for the seventh time with acclaimed director Wong Kar-Wai on The Grandmaster, Hong Kong’s designee for the Best Foreign-Language Film Oscar. Asked about working with the director, Leung said, “Kar-Wai is very demanding. He challenges me. He is always pushing me to go deeper, to become that person. The Grandmaster took me in directions I never thought I was capable of. I like it.”

Leung first made his name in television and eventually transitioned to feature films. He was named best supporting actor for People's Hero (1987) and My Heart Is That Eternal Rose (1989) at the Hong Kong Film Awards.

Leung then began appearing in films by internationally renowned directors, including Hou Hsiao-Hsien’s A City of Sadness (1989) Tran Anh Hung’s Cyclo (1995), Zhang Yimou’s Hero (2002) and Ang Lee’s Lust, Caution (2007). He has received three nominations for Best Actor at the Venice International Film Festival, and both Cyclo and Lust, Caution received Golden Lion Awards there.

In the early ’90s, Leung starred in the box-office success Tom, Dick and Hairy, followed by He Ain't Heavy, He's My Father, Dr. Mack and Heaven Can't Wait. He moved on to lead roles in Wong Kar-Wai’s Chungking Express and Happy Together, both of which landed him Best Actor awards at the Hong Kong Film Awards. In addition, his work in Chungking Express earned him the best actor award from the Taiwan Golden Horse Awards. Wong Kar-Wai's international hit In the Mood for Love (2000) brought him another Best Actor award at the Hong Kong Film Awards and the Best Actor prize at the Cannes Film Festival.

Leung had huge commercial and critical success with his roles in Infernal Affairs and Hero, two of the biggest Hong Kong movies ever. He received another Best Actor Award at the Hong Kong Film Awards for Infernal Affairs, a record fourth win in that category and his sixth statuette overall.

More recently, Leung has been seen in films such as The Wind Seeker, John Woo’s Red Cliff I and II, Confession of Pain, 2046 and Soul Raiders.

Last edited by yitian on Mon Dec 09, 2013 8:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
yitian

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whoever wrote this hasn't done enough homework Sad . Nonetheless, congratulations to Tony salute sunny Applause flower.
BTW, CineAsia = 亞洲電影博覽會

Last edited by yitian on Tue Dec 10, 2013 2:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Safran

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Actor Extraordinaire" sunny .....most deservedly !!! Applause

Hearty congratulation to our Tony cheers Applause love Waving
ham

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations Tony Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
yitian

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The article is more or less equivalent to the press release from CineAsia.
http://www.cineasia.com/node/185

CineAsia homepage is
http://www.cineasia.com/
In The Mood For Leung

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations! Tony Leung
Indeed, you are "extraordinaire" and in a league of your own in Asian cinema.
No one else comes close.
Applause

Thanks yitan for the articles.
Frances Chan

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since this news was announced, I have been intoxicated with joy. Laughing
Tony has always been an Actor Extraordinaire in my heart because of his excellent acting and inner beauty Very Happy. Tonight's success, it's not the destination. Behind that glorious award, it's the journey of the live legend king
Big big congratulations to Tony In Love angel
huynhsa

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 5:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No words can describe my feelings, just smiling. I'm proud to be your fan, Tony ! Laughing Laughing Shooting Shooting love love
yitian

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here comes the pics cheers

Tin-Yau

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations, Tony!
thumbright sunny
yitian

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tony Leung’s Latest Award: ‘Actor Extraordinaire’
The Wall Street Journal
December 12, 2013, 6:10 PM
By Joyu Wang

http://blogs.wsj.com/scene/2013/12/12/tony-leungs-latest-award-actor-extraordinaire/

For actor Tony Leung Chiu-wai, the world of movies is simpler than the real world.

“In a movie, you just follow a director’s guidance about what your character should be like, and the background is all set up,” Mr. Leung said on Thursday in Hong Kong, where he was awarded this year’s “actor extraordinaire” prize by CineAsia, a film-industry group. “But reality is much more complicated than that.”

Mr. Leung has applied that view in a career that has spanned more than three decades. The star of “The Grandmaster” and the “Infernal Affairs” trilogy said he feels lucky to have been a part of Hong Kong’s “Golden Age” of cinema.

“I think of myself as neither a great actor nor a bad one,” he said. “Making movies is about teamwork, and I am very lucky to be supported by colleagues, the audience and the media.”

Mr. Leung has appeared in more than 60 films and worked with many of Asia’s most prominent directors, including Ang Lee, Zhang Yimou, John Woo and Hou Hsiao-hsien.

Most notable is Mr. Leung’s longtime collaboration with filmmaker Wong Kar-wai, beginning in 1990 with “Days of Being Wild.” The two went on to make six additional films, including “Chungking Express” (1994), “Happy Together” (1997) and “In the Mood for Love” (2000), for which he won the best actor award at the Cannes Film Festival.

In “The Grandmaster,” their latest film, Mr. Leung plays real-life martial-arts master Ip Man. The performance earned Mr. Leung a best actor nomination at the Asia-Pacific Film Festival awards. The ceremony will be held in Macau on Sunday.

“It is a great honor to be able to single out Tony Leung for his excellence in performance, most notably in ‘The Grandmaster,’ ” CineAsia Co-Managing Director Robert H. Sunshine said in a statement prior to Thursday’s award ceremony. “His combination of continued critical acclaim and success at the box office makes him one of the most extraordinary actors of his time.”

CineAsia brings together movie-industry professionals from across Asia and elsewhere, with a focus on exhibition and distribution. Last year, the group honored Korean actor Lee Byung-hun as its star of the year.

Sandy
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

梁朝偉目標做港版肥尊
東方日報
http://orientaldaily.on.cc/cnt/entertainment/20131213/00282_032.html

梁朝偉昨日型爆接受電影獎項,演技早已榮升「神枱級」的他竟也有偶像並以尊特拉華達(John Travolta)為目標,希望可以有代表作。而偉仔亦睇淡獎項,對「亞太影帝」持平常心:「唔係只我有付出同識做戲,其他演員都需要鼓勵。」果然有大師風範!

梁朝偉昨日以一身黑色西裝出席「亞洲電影博覽會2013」,並憑電影《一代宗師》獲頒「傑出演員大獎」,作為「神枱級」影帝的他對獎項十分淡然,只以「OK啦」來形容得獎心情,果然是攞慣獎!

問到覺得自己是否傑出時,他說:「呢30年好幸運,遇到好多好好嘅團隊、資源同導演,加上生於香港電影業黃金時代,咁多年嘅培養缺一不可,唔係一個人可以有咁嘅成績。(仲有咩目標?)冇特別,希望繼續拍戲投入角色,依家過咗50歲係另一個階段,想做成熟嘅角色。」

梁朝偉亦希望能效法尊特拉華達:「好想似佢一樣後生時有代表作,中年時又有另一發展,好正。」問到做梁朝偉難定演電影角色較難時,他感慨:「現實世界好複雜,電影世界簡單好多,全部都有個設定。」

再同李康生爭影帝

早前在「金馬獎」上敗給台灣演員李康生的他,二人將在亞太電影展上再度爭影帝,他表示未知會否出席亞太:「依家心態唔一樣,邊個攞獎都冇所謂,唔只我有付出、我識做戲,其他演員都有付出都需要鼓勵,最緊要大家開心。」提到老婆劉嘉玲剛過生日,他表示因老婆當日身在北京而沒有慶祝,他又否認報道指的送上海豪宅作禮物:「但都算係有買禮物,聖誕節都會一齊過,同埋12月都忙住綵排梅艷芳嘅紀念騷。」到時表演唱歌的他笑言好驚:「唔好畀壓力我,等學友安排,又唔係參加歌唱比賽。」

另外,梁朝偉前晚7時半做司機載着兩名男女友人前往中環,三人沿途有講有笑,偉仔明顯心情大靚,拍車後一行人即步往附近餐廳醫肚。

影視組
yitian

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Youtube video links of the award ceremony
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DP9__qLGOcE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AomthzxC8-M
Jamaica

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 2:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for 30 years of great work, Tony! Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.tonyleung.info Forum Index -> The Latest Tony News All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: