TONYLEUNG.INFO
Discuss Tony Leung with fellow fans!

Welcome to the Discussion Board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
  Log in to check your private messages Log in to check your private messages   
Click here to go to Archival Tony Board (2003-2012)

Guests are free to read on all forums

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.tonyleung.info Forum Index -> Announcement
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sandy
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 10:21 pm    Post subject: Guests are free to read on all forums Reply with quote

News forum is free to read, but require membership to post
---------------------------------------------------------------

The NEWS forum used to be open to all posters - until it turns out there are random spams that will show up on the board every so often. In hindsight, I have turned off the guest posting for this particular forum.

It always puzzles me why there would be spams. It's not like there is that much to read. Most of the folks (the regular surfers or so) generally spent couple minutes here and there glancing through the weekly highlights (based on the web statistics). If there are heated debates, it will attract wanted (sometimes unwanted attentions) to the site. That generally will drive the traffic up.

Member Registration
---------------------------------------------------------------

If you like to post on the NEWS forum or other forums for that matter, please click on register (top right corner) to become a member before posting.

It requires an email account to open. The process is fairly simple - fill out the forms and it will send an automated email message your email box alerting that your status is waiting for approval.

The approval process generally shouldn't take more than couple days (1-3 days, less than a week). Info and I get these messages to click on "OK" button to activate the membership. It is just a process to keep the forum relatively free of spams. Once your membership is activated, you will receive an email message alerting you so. You can start posting like regular folks who hang out here. There is no limit to how many posts you can write up here.

I do a lot copying/pasting (scanning through the news feeds & pasting things up here for folks to read). It doesn't take that much time. However, I notice some of you like to write elaborate messages. Please remember INTERNET is not up 24X7. If you are writing long paragraphs, remember to either save it as .txt (text file) on your desktop before posting, or write a few paragraphs and hit submit button. Then continue to write more if you so desire... This way, your messages will not become lost due to some random internet traffic issues. (It happens to me, so I know!)

Hope this clears up some of the confusions folks encountered here.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.tonyleung.info Forum Index -> Announcement All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: