TONYLEUNG.INFO
THIS IS AN ARCHIVAL DISCUSSION BOARD (2003-2012)

THIS IS AN ARCHIVAL DISCUSSION BOARD (2003-2012)
CLICK HERE TO GO TO THE NEW BOARD
CLICK HERE TO GO TO THE NEW BOARD

The Duke of Mount Deer

www.tonyleung.info Forum Index -> Tony Leung Movies
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sandra Li-Pham

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2003 4:19 pm    Post subject: The Duke of Mount Deer

For those who have seen this series, pls let me know, is it suitable for children ? Are there a lot of nonsensical parts and courting and galavanting parts that might not be suitable for young children ? Are there more talking and less kung fu ?

Thanks.
Momo

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2004 5:11 pm    Post subject: The Duke OF Mount Deer

My dad had bought it but i haven't watch it, i heard that Tony Leung Chiu Wai's The Duke Of Mount Deer is the best among all the other version of The Duke Of Mount Deer.
They said Tony Leung Chiu Wai had done a good job on the character of Wai Siu Poh(Wei Xiao Bao), better than Stephen CHou, Jordan Chan, and CHang Wei Jian,...is it true??? Rolling Eyes
mu99le

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2004 5:59 pm    Post subject: Re: The Duke OF Mount Deer

Momo wrote:
My dad had bought it but i haven't watch it, i heard that Tony Leung Chiu Wai's The Duke Of Mount Deer is the best among all the other version of The Duke Of Mount Deer.
They said Tony Leung Chiu Wai had done a good job on the character of Wai Siu Poh(Wei Xiao Bao), better than Stephen CHou, Jordan Chan, and CHang Wei Jian,...is it true??? Rolling Eyes

i haven't seen any other versions so i can't judge...but IMHO no one can hit it better than tony...he's really wicked but charming and i think that's how Wai Siu Bo should be. i heard also from my friends that tony's HSDS is the best version.
Momo

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2004 1:52 am    Post subject: The Duke Of Mount Deer

Oh i see, Yi Tian Tu Long Ji(The New Heaven Sword And Dragon Sword) also the best for Tony Leung Chiu Wai? I know that This series got 4 version that act by Zhen Shao Chiu, TOny LEung CHiu Wai, Ma Jing Chao, and Shu You Peng( i just know their chinese name)...im also just bought both of them from Singapore.
qing

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2004 2:02 am    Post subject:

I've watched the series already. I think the speaking and
kungfu parts are pretty much well-balanced, if i remebered correctly.
As for galavanting and courting, its comparatively much less
than the Dicky Cheung Wai Kin version.
TL's version focuses more on the friendship between Wai Siu Bo
and the Emperor. But there are scenes of Tony fooling aorund with
girls but I think it can't be help since that's how Wai Siu Bo is
supposed to be-playful, and flirty.
But the show does talk about friendship & loyalty and Wai Siu Bo does
treat his wives fine. And there are parts that are pretty hilarious.
But to each his own, so what I think its nice may not be for another.
Hope the info's useful though.
luong trieu vy

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2004 7:32 am    Post subject: Re: The Duke OF Mount Deer

Momo wrote:

Tony's wai siu bo is much better than the stephen and jordan version. his is natural while the stephen kinda overacted and jordan was just trying too hard. don't know about the the chang wei jian version..
Looney Tune

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2004 5:57 pm    Post subject: Re: The Duke Of Mount Deer

Momo wrote:
Oh i see, Yi Tian Tu Long Ji(The New Heaven Sword And Dragon Sword) also the best for Tony Leung Chiu Wai? I know that This series got 4 version that act by Zhen Shao Chiu, TOny LEung CHiu Wai, Ma Jing Chao, and Shu You Peng( i just know their chinese name)...im also just bought both of them from Singapore.

You missed out one current version by TVB starring Ng Kai Wah (Wo Qi Hua) with a funny fringe. The poor chap had a hard time as everybody started comparing him to Tony Leung. Watched it, and Tony is still better.
luong trieu vy

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2004 11:05 pm    Post subject: Re: The Duke Of Mount Deer

Looney Tune wrote:
Momo wrote:

You missed out one current version by TVB starring Ng Kai Wah (Wo Qi Hua) with a funny fringe. The poor chap had a hard time as everybody started comparing him to Tony Leung. Watched it, and Tony is still better.

oh wow, really. TVB is making ANOTHER DOMD version, this time with Lawrence Ng kai wah? yes, the guy is a fine actor, but people can't help comparing him to Tony, especially after his Cheung Mo Kei role in the 2000 something version of HSDS, and now Wai siu bo of DOMD. i personally don't think Lawrence has the look to be a leading actor. Although i loved his terrific portrayal of the evil prince in the Grand Canal!
mu99le

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2004 5:36 pm    Post subject: Re: The Duke Of Mount Deer

luong trieu vy wrote:
oh wow, really. TVB is making ANOTHER DOMD version, this time with Lawrence Ng kai wah? yes, the guy is a fine actor, but people can't help comparing him to Tony, especially after his Cheung Mo Kei role in the 2000 something version of HSDS, and now Wai siu bo of DOMD. i personally don't think Lawrence has the look to be a leading actor. Although i loved his terrific portrayal of the evil prince in the Grand Canal!

isn't it funny that they pick him to do much later rendition of tony's roles while he used to be tony's costar in younger days? Laughing
Looney Tune

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2004 6:12 pm    Post subject: Re: The Duke Of Mount Deer

luong trieu vy wrote:

No. Not DOMD, It's New Heavenly Sword and Dragon Sabre. (Yi Tian Tu Long Ji). Not that new really as the Ng Kai Wah version is already a couple of years back.
Momo

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2004 7:41 pm    Post subject:

I had just finish watched The Duke Of Mount Deer vcd,i realize that Tony Leung Chiu Wai really did a good job in this drama.
I don't know how to say, but i believe you can't find such Tony Leung in other movie, because he really tried so hard to act Wai Siu Poh,unlike Stephen Chou and Zhang Wei Jian(Although they tried so hard to act Wai Siu Poh, but their "acting style" still the same...don't know how to say,easy way to say is he's not wai siu poh, he still Stephen Chou and Zhang Wei Jian)
Tony Leung in the drama is cuter than Wai Siu Poh that had mention
in the novel, that's why i said he had done a good job(that time he still a new actor)
There's only 24 vcd i had bought(The Duke Of Mount Deer), I think TVB had done something on it to make the picture clearer and cleaner,but i wonder why they had cut some event from the original version, expecially at the last,including the scene that Andy sit on his chair and think about how could he kill his best friend Wai Siu Poh,and Wai Siu Poh told Kang Xi that he don't want to care for anythings again, and he don't want to die, Andy Lau stop his empire to attack "Tin Dei Wui" and hurt his hand.........."ke xi"
Sorry for lausy English Rolling Eyes
karengoh

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2004 7:41 pm    Post subject:

If I m not mistaken, Tony also act in a movie call "Beyond Boundaries of time" sound something like that as also Wai Siu Poh but this WSP travel to the future. It a very funny movie and fun to watch. May be you guys can try to watch this movie. I think his co star is Cheung Wai Kin.
And talking of Cheung wai Kin, I think his roll as Wai Siu poh is a copy cat of Tony but over act.

As for Jordan Chan, he try his best in acting Wai SP exactly like Tony. I think he watch the series acted by Tony before hand.

Yes its true that nobody can act as good as Tony for Wai Siu Poh. In fact I had watched all the version of Wai SP by Jordan Chan, CHeung Wai Kin, Stephen Chou and etc.

So does the HSDS (Yi Tin Lung.....). Hip Hip hurray to Tony no body can compete with his version of all the TVB series.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2004 1:41 pm    Post subject:

there's an article this week on Sudden Weekly about Sheung Tin Ngo and they put a old cast picture from Duke Of Mount Deer, it's Tony with his seven wives!

八 四 年 《 鹿 鼎 記 》 的 七 位 女 主 角 , 有 景 黛 音 、 劉 嘉 玲 、 商 天 娥 、 周 秀 蘭 、 吳 君 如 、 黃 凱 欣 、 毛 舜 君 ( 左 起 順 時 針 )
Tony Grrl

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2004 3:39 pm    Post subject:

karengoh wrote:
If I m not mistaken, Tony also act in a movie call "Beyond Boundaries of time" sound something like that as also Wai Siu Poh but this WSP travel to the future. It a very funny movie and fun to watch. May be you guys can try to watch this movie. I think his co star is Cheung Wai Kin.
And talking of Cheung wai Kin, I think his roll as Wai Siu poh is a copy cat of Tony but over act.

As for Jordan Chan, he try his best in acting Wai SP exactly like Tony. I think he watch the series acted by Tony before hand.

Yes its true that nobody can act as good as Tony for Wai Siu Poh. In fact I had watched all the version of Wai SP by Jordan Chan, CHeung Wai Kin, Stephen Chou and etc.

So does the HSDS (Yi Tin Lung.....). Hip Hip hurray to Tony no body can compete with his version of all the TVB series.

That is one funny film! He is such a naughty boy in that:-) One of my faves! Only Tony sounds cute when he says,"F*** you!" Laughing

TLCW Fan UK

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2005 3:39 am    Post subject:

Is this show appropriate for children? Visual speaking - yes. Very conservative clothing, language, etc. Is content good for children? Probably not - especially for girls... it IS a tale of a guy who happens to have SEVEN WIVES - this type of tale might hamper on your daughters self-esteem if shes young.

Story wise... maybe it's because I am a guy, but the story is awesome - and lets face it, in addition to Tony Leung, you also have Sky King Andy Lau Tak Wah as the stars of the show - any other adaptation that has been made up-to-date of Jin Yong's DOMD will simply be inferior due to lack of quality of acting (hint: you dont see Dicky in films like Infernal Affairs).
   www.tonyleung.info Forum Index -> Tony Leung Movies All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: