TONYLEUNG.INFO
THIS IS AN ARCHIVAL DISCUSSION BOARD (2003-2012)

THIS IS AN ARCHIVAL DISCUSSION BOARD (2003-2012)
CLICK HERE TO GO TO THE NEW BOARD
CLICK HERE TO GO TO THE NEW BOARD

Infernal Affairs Photobook

www.tonyleung.info Forum Index -> Tony Leung Pictures, Audio/Video Files
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jamaica

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 3:01 am    Post subject: Infernal Affairs Photobook

I'm sorry the quality isn't any better. I no longer have a working scanner, and have to just take photos of the pages, so there are shiny streaks from light sources, and other imperfections. At the very least, you will know all the Tony-content of the book, so if you're ever tempted to buy a copy online, you'll know what you're getting.

(At last, Frances! After many moons, I have fulfilled my promise to you! Here are all the Tony pics from the Infernal Affairs Photo Book - plus my favorite shot of Andy. I couldn't resist - his facial structure is just so awesome!)

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v327/JamaicaK/Infernal%20Affairs%20Photo%20Book/

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 4:11 am    Post subject:

Nice pix! thanks for sharing!

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 9:10 pm    Post subject:

Thanks for sharing. Love the Freudian chair picture Very Happy

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 9:27 pm    Post subject:

solitude87 wrote:
Thanks for sharing. Love the Freudian chair picture Very Happy

It's so sweet isn't it? Wink

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 10:00 pm    Post subject:

Dear Jamaica ^_^

I feel like flying to heaven after admiring and saving all pictures in a hurry. Let me tell you the reason. It's quite long. I'm sorry Embarassed

Actually, I was once not in love with "Infernal Affair" very much. Although I awared of its value, I still found myself more interested in romance like Wong's movies. Honestly, I feel shy to say that I didn't understand a series of its storyline through 3 episodes clearly. Seemed connected but somehow a little separated. Sometimes, what happen in part III are blurred with a few of plots not very logical and matched with part I. Everything and every character seemed to be messed up. I got confused all the time. "What date? What time? Why?", these questions hung around my mind. I always cared about the events with given certain time in part III whether logical with part I or not. Embarassed

OMG, I guess it's not a good way to enjoy the movie. Or maybe at that time I didn't get used to the particular way of watching a real MOVIE. In addition it's a very special work from the intelligent and creative directors, a perfect-teamwork duet Andrew Lau - Alan Mak. thumbleft

Just 3 days ago, I suddently wanted to watch the whole Infernal Affair series again, just because I feel like myself sunk in romance too long and it's time to start over the cine-love with something new, something I ever missed. And Infernal Affair I, II, III were certainly such stuffs I was looking for. Why was I stopping for a while? Very Happy

I seemed to forget everything around me at that moment love . As if there was a metaphysical power pulled me into the world where infernal affairs were occurring. "Unawared of the present" is exactly the phrase that can depict my feeling angel. Infernal Affair (3 parts) is such a great and thrilling movie (although part I is still the best). I want to say "thank you" to all the crew of this movie. The extraodinary creativity of 2 directors at setting scene and effect professionally coupled with Tony's marvellous acting that gave birth to one of the greatest work in Hong Kong cinema ever. In Love

That's why Iam too happy when seeing your link, Jamaica. That's like I just wake up with a start after a long beautiful dream and surprised to realize that it's no longer a dream, it's the truth!!! rendeer

A very big present! I'd love to enjoy them!!! Giving a kiss

You must work very hard on these pictures. I can see "many moons" that you spent through the very wonderful collection of Infernal Affair photobook. To me, "shiny streaks from light sources, and other imperfections" is very familiar, even it becomes a typical beauty of scanned photos. ^_^

Once again, thank you a lot for putting a dream in my hand, Jamaica. Very Happy

Regards,
Frances.

Last edited by Frances Chan on Sun May 27, 2012 10:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Frances Chan

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 10:02 pm    Post subject:

Sorry for doubling 2 posts. Technical error. Very Happy
Jamaica, I'd like to ask for your acceptance in advance. Could I repost your picture in my private blog and Vietnamese forum? Wink I guess Tony's fans in our country must be very happy to see it. flower

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 10:50 pm    Post subject:

Glad you enjoyed the pictures, everyone!

And Frances, yes, go ahead and post what you want on your blog. The pics are for everyone who loves Tony - to enjoy them, or share them. It's all in fun! Smile

I confess, I'm not that big a fan of the trilogy of Infernal Affairs. I love the first one, and I love Tony's performance, especially, in the third one. I felt the second and third films absolutely ruined Ming, as a character. The thing I liked so much, about the first film, was that both Ming, and Yan, were the heroes of the film, and you got the feeling that under other circumstances, they've might've been good friends, but Ming started out on the wrong side, and so he was trapped there, despite the fact he wanted to go straight, was excellent at his job, and had real feeling towards his police colleagues. He belonged there - as a policeman, but was doomed by his past; and I didn't think Yan's past, (his criminal family), was believable at all! It just flew in the face of the logic of the first film. Having said that, however, I did enjoy the other films. I just pretend movies 2 & 3 have nothing to do with the first one! Lol! It wouldn't be fair to sit out of Anthony Wong, Eric Tsang, Frances Ng, and Carina's wonderful performances, and heck, all three of the films LOOK great.

I'm glad you had such a good time reconnecting with those films. (Though I complain, it''s still great to watch all those terrific actors, and especially Tony.)

Last edited by Jamaica on Mon May 28, 2012 12:00 am; edited 1 time in total
Frances Chan

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 11:18 pm    Post subject:

Thanks a lot for your soon reply. ^_^

Oh, the time before, I watched part III without over part II. Consequently, I don't know why Carina Lau appears at the end of part III through Lau Kin Ming's delusion.

Part II is also interesting with more details about their pasts. Iam especially impressed by Hou character (Francis Ng). Mary is well-done by Carina. It tells many about Sam's life to make his personality more profound as well as worthing to sympathize with what he treats Wing Yan later. Anthony is simply good in his role Smile

Part III is partly loose, proved by some details that may not logical about phsychology with part I, some kinds of being forced to make it match with the previous. Very Happy But no problem to me, because I am totally attracted by Tony's acting love. The love story between Yan and psychiatrist is not really necessary but it becomes the charm of part III . Tony's eyes always brings me kind of peaceful feeling. rendeer

Ever, the great film is built by many elements. The whole crew must be good enough to make it look perfect and unforgettable. And some very outstanding factors becomes the highlight and soul of the work. sunny

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 11:43 pm    Post subject:

I'd like to post some more pics "Infernal Affairs" from many sources. Together with Jamaica wonderful collection, I hope all of them brings you pleasure. Very Happy

4 pics from facebook. santa

2 from baidu.com Wink

and mtime.com Cool

Chan Wing Yan salute

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 11:54 pm    Post subject:

Lol! I loved the part in IA III where Yan is in the convenience store - eating a hot dog, or something - trying to keep a straight face, while talking to Wong, about Dr. Lee. Very funny because he's like a giggling schoolboy with a crush.

Also liked the scenes where poor old Yan gets the crap beaten out of him, and he has to be tough, and take it like a man (which he is); or when he has to beat the crap out of someone else - it might be the closest Tony gets to doing a Scorsese film. Lol! Also liked the scene where he thinks "Shen" is going to shoot him - the fear, on his face, is so real you can feel it. A really wonderful performance for a story that didn't actually need him to be in it.

Sometimes I think Andy should've won HK Best Actor for the first film, and Tony for the third, instead of the other way around, but man, Tony is such a pleasure to watch, in either one. The years of experience just roll off him in waves, just from his nonchalance in performance. It's like what Marlon Brando used to say, "Just because the director says 'Action' doesn't mean you (as the actor() have to do anything." Wink

I, to, am guilty of watching IA III before II. Embarassed My mind wanders during II, without Tony there, (except when Francis Ng, and Anthony Wong show up.) Love Francis and Anthony in all those Johnnie To flicks; and speaking of Anthony, loved his work in "Punished." That's one of the few character studies I've seen in HK film. Would have loved to have seen Tony in such a role. Anthony was really magnificent in it. I'll have to buy the dvd, just for that performance!

Oh yeah, back to IA. There's no way Chapman To (according to the first film) was Tony's superior! Another gripe of mine! Laughing

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 11:58 pm    Post subject:

OOH! Thanks for the pics, Frances! Look at the third one down. It looks like the make-up artists have already "painted" the bullet hole on Tony's forehead, but his bangs are supposed to cover it up! I've seen that picture before, but I never noticed that before!

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 2:59 pm    Post subject:

Thanks for sharing these Infernal Affairs pics. It must be hard to process pictures without a scanner - but they come out very nicely. It's really interesting to notice the pre-painted bullet hole on Tony's forehead, I wonder if there is such a thing in any part of the film. Wink
hamberger362

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 12:53 am    Post subject:

Thanks for sharing. Very Happy
Jamaica

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 8:34 am    Post subject:

yitian wrote:
Thanks for sharing these Infernal Affairs pics. It must be hard to process pictures without a scanner - but they come out very nicely. It's really interesting to notice the pre-painted bullet hole on Tony's forehead, I wonder if there is such a thing in any part of the film. Wink

Actually, I guess it could be a still of the moment the bullet hit him (geez, how morbid...)

...and yes, it can be extremely difficult, and frustrating to do a good job on these pictures without my scanner, (it's probably only just missing a plug-in, but what do I know of that stuff?), but having said that, scanners present their own set of problems, such as emphasizing, far too strongly, the pattern of dots that make up a photo, so.... cameras or scanners - they, each have their strengths and weaknesses.
   www.tonyleung.info Forum Index -> Tony Leung Pictures, Audio/Video Files All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: