TONYLEUNG.INFO
THIS IS AN ARCHIVAL DISCUSSION BOARD (2003-2012)

THIS IS AN ARCHIVAL DISCUSSION BOARD (2003-2012)
CLICK HERE TO GO TO THE NEW BOARD
CLICK HERE TO GO TO THE NEW BOARD

hello,it's shy for me to talk here...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

www.tonyleung.info Forum Index -> Get to know each other
View previous topic :: View next topic  
boycaught

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2003 10:47 pm    Post subject:

Hi people, I'm a newcomer. Like the feel of this forum, and the people seem quite decent too Cool

Embarassed Actually I have only just started to really really like TL, after I watched Infernal Affairs I guess. After that I watched Hero, and The Lucky Star, and bought (VCDs) his wacky gay performance in Gorgeous, and Fighting for Love which he starred with Sammi Cheng.

Since you guys are talking about language, I can speak quite good Mandarin, Cantonese and English(plus Malay, I'm from Malaysia). Chinese is the best language in the world!! Twisted Evil

OK then, till next time, =)
ady

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2003 1:44 am    Post subject: me also the same :>

Wah.. actually you are lucky. In malaysia, you are able to speak cantonese, chinese, english and even malay. I remember i learnt cantonese is when i am in a very small age. That time my father brought alot of cantonese cartoon and that how i learnt. But right now, I nv used it to as a communication language. Confused My chinese is ok but i am not very good in my english. Still trying to cope with it Razz anyway let's all of us brush up in whatever language that you want to learn Smile we can do it!!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2003 8:36 pm    Post subject:

yeah, and i like languages too, so it's no problem
anyone interested in learning japanese? or know japanese?
btw i'd like to know how the other TL fans get to know him
mu99le

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2003 9:01 pm    Post subject:

Anonymous wrote:
yeah, and i like languages too, so it's no problem
anyone interested in learning japanese? or know japanese?
btw i'd like to know how the other TL fans get to know him

Hi, I learned Japanese in high school but have forgotten all about it Razz It's quite complicated but I love it.

How did I know Tony? I fell in love with him n Margie tsang Embarassed when I watched POLICE CADET 85. That series used to brighten my days. How about you???
boycaught

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2003 11:22 pm    Post subject:

Oops, the Anonymous up there is actually me. Mr. Green

Well, I've never actually seen TL's chinese series, only movies. I'd really like to watch him in 'Duke of Mount Deer' ( I think that's the name of the series, not very sure) which is an old one with Andy Lau as his co-star. I've never seen Police Cadet either, don't see how I can access it...

Knew TL since forever, but only got to really LOVE him these days, I love his comedies, he is so funny! Laughing He was ultra-cool in Hero too, although he got stabbed in every other scene, haha. Hero is really really nice, highly recommended, go watch it!

'Nuff said, till next time Arrow
ady

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2003 9:40 pm    Post subject:

I don't remember if i ever have watch the Police Cadet but I always watch the cantonese drama b4 he began his movie life. The best part of his is that whatever movie or drama he acted in. Everytime when i watch again, I never feel sick n tired of watching. Embarassed Talking about language, I learnt jap b4 and I guess i have already return back to my teacher. Thought of learning it again and maybe brush up my cantonese hehe so that I can use it when i go to hong kong hehehehehe Mr. Green
Monke

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2003 1:39 am    Post subject:

Hi I'm a newbie from Indonesia Wink
Start this Tony craze just recently Embarassed a bit embarassed coz i know he's been around forever. But then again I'm not chinese and I just started my interest in chinese movies only about a year ago. I started out with cheesy romance stuffs (still watch them unfortunately... hahaha... they're so addictive), except probably ITMFL and crouching tiger hidden dragon. My friends introduced me with more serious stuff, and I say, wow, I never really took notice to these things before. Now, I even enjoy watching oriental movies more compared to hollywood's. I think the cinematography is fabulous, simpler yet more beautiful. And somehow the way they depicted things, love for instance, is purer, more honest.
Haven't watched many of Tony's movies, only the recent ones, but I love each and everyone of it especially, ofcourse, Hero. Can't stop raving about it...
Anyway, I think TL is a truly gifted actor. And I think sharing these thoughts with you guys will be fun indeed Smile
mu99le

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2003 3:23 am    Post subject: I'M FROM JKT TOO!!!

Monke wrote:
Hi I'm a newbie from Indonesia Wink
Start this Tony craze just recently Embarassed a bit embarassed coz i know he's been around forever. But then again I'm not chinese and I just started my interest in chinese movies only about a year ago. I started out with cheesy romance stuffs (still watch them unfortunately... hahaha... they're so addictive), except probably ITMFL and crouching tiger hidden dragon. My friends introduced me with more serious stuff, and I say, wow, I never really took notice to these things before. Now, I even enjoy watching oriental movies more compared to hollywood's. I think the cinematography is fabulous, simpler yet more beautiful. And somehow the way they depicted things, love for instance, is purer, more honest.
Haven't watched many of Tony's movies, only the recent ones, but I love each and everyone of it especially, ofcourse, Hero. Can't stop raving about it...
Anyway, I think TL is a truly gifted actor. And I think sharing these thoughts with you guys will be fun indeed Smile

Hi there, Monke!!! So nice to meet fellow Jakartan! never expect to meet one in this forum...I think most of his fans here have extincted Laughing Which part of Jakarta you're from? I live in the West part, which has the worst flood this morning (what about your area?)
May I know whether you're a man or woman? Have you worked or are you still studying? Your English is very good! It's OK to be a little bit late in "discovering" Tony, in fact it's very good if he has new fans coming up all the time! Razz May I know how did u get to watch ITMFL? I thought the movie wasn't available in Indonesia! I'm now desperately looking for his latest movie My Lucky Star, have u watched it?

OK that's all I guess, pls pls reply, I'd love to hear again from you!!!!!
Monke

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2003 11:20 pm    Post subject:

Mu99le, know what? I'm as surprised as you:) isn't internet is such a wonderful thing... I'm a female (no wonder I worship TL so much huh Wink ), working somewhere in south jakarta.
A friend of mine lent me the pirated ITMFL vcd. Ugh, the quality of the picture is sooo bad, that's why I can't wait to get my hands on the DVD. My friends said it's available in Mangga Dua. It's sorta hard finding TL movies here, so far I've only watched ITMFL, Chungking Express, Fighting for Love, Chinese Odyssey and Hero... and I just got Happy Together DVD!! Yayy!!!
Hey let's exchange info on where we can get TL movies in Jkt Smile
mu99le

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2003 4:53 am    Post subject: Hi Monke!

yes indeed, since I discovered the internet my online hours just kept increasing Very Happy Before I could only watch Tony's series in pirated video casettes and read his news once in a while in Chinese mags my dad used to buy in Glodok. But now, I can get his news, pics and even video clips on daily basis!!! I must thank the person who invented this internet thing...anyway, i never thought of going to Mangga 2 to look for Tony movies! (telmi Razz) Can you tell me in which shop you get those movies? I also haven't watched many of his movies, because the times when I was really CRAZY about him was when he's still doing the series. When he shifted to movies in 1990s that's when private TVs came and then I shifted my attention toward Western stars. But I still kept an ear to his news and when I finally bumped into this site, I was totally stunned by how GOOD he still looks after so many yrs and I fell for him once again! Razz Embarassed I thought most of his ex-fans must have left for newer, younger stars, that's why I'm so glad to meet you! We can share where to get Tony merchandises in Jkt!!!

p.s: have u watched Infernal Affairs? It's really good! I love watching him and Andy Lau working together again! I have the pirated version but some scenes in it were cut out, so I'm planning to look for the original one tomorrow (my friend said she saw it in Citraland). I'll tell u if I get it!
kabalevsky

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2003 6:55 am    Post subject:

Hi.... another fan from Msia, here. Laughing
Monke

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2003 7:11 pm    Post subject:

Hi Mu99le,
Yeah, Mg2 has quite a good selection of movies, esp. for the dvds (unfortunately the pirated ones Embarassed ). I got several Zhang Yimou's and Chen Kaige's there. My friend got his Happy Together there (btw I just watched it and love it very much!!!) and according to him there's plenty ITMFL. the best place, as far as I know, is the stalls on 2nd floor of Mg2 Mall, just opposite the lift.
Other option, you can check the blockbuster vcds (original ones). they're everywhere, I find a lot in disc tarra and other record stores. it got several TL's titles, but mostly it's the cheesier romance stuff hehehe (chinese odyssey 2002, fighting for love, love me love my money). I bet they'll release my lucky star too in due time. the quality is rather so so, but then again it's quite cheap (at most Rp 30,000)
if that also fail, if you have somebody living in KL, I've been told that you'll have better chance of finding good movies there. I've just sent a long list to my friend there Smile
infernal affairs... hmm.. I'm not really keen on watching gangster movies... too many bloodshed... but I'm quite interested on the dual ending... maybe I'll give it a try Smile
mu99le

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2003 4:56 am    Post subject:

Monke wrote:
Hi Mu99le,
Yeah, Mg2 has quite a good selection of movies, esp. for the dvds (unfortunately the pirated ones Embarassed ). I got several Zhang Yimou's and Chen Kaige's there. My friend got his Happy Together there (btw I just watched it and love it very much!!!) and according to him there's plenty ITMFL. the best place, as far as I know, is the stalls on 2nd floor of Mg2 Mall, just opposite the lift.

thank you! do they have vcds too, or just DVDs? bcos i dun have DVD player

Monke wrote:
Other option, you can check the blockbuster vcds (original ones). they're everywhere, I find a lot in disc tarra and other record stores. it got several TL's titles, but mostly it's the cheesier romance stuff hehehe (chinese odyssey 2002, fighting for love, love me love my money).

Yeah they mostly have TL's old movies only, like the tigers, etc.

Monke wrote:
I bet they'll release my lucky star too in due time.

i hope so!!! Tokyo Raiders VCD is never available though it's a blockbuster in 2000!

Monke wrote:
if that also fail, if you have somebody living in KL, I've been told that you'll have better chance of finding good movies there. I've just sent a long list to my friend there Smile

M'sia is indeed more fortunate than us, too bad I don;t have friends there Sad

Monke wrote:
infernal affairs... hmm.. I'm not really keen on watching gangster movies... too many bloodshed... but I'm quite interested on the dual ending... maybe I'll give it a try Smile

don't worry, this movie is has much less blood and gore scenes than average HK movies...but the mind games and the drama is very intense. the dual ending is also interesting! I haven't got the original VCD thiough, i think my friend must've mistaked the VCD for other VCD.
Monke

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2003 10:04 pm    Post subject:

Hi Mu99le,
Yeah, I think they also have VCD in Mg2, but I don't know whether it's as complete (or maybe more complete) than the DVD. as far as I know my friend finally bought chungking express vcd there coz the dvd is not available.
I'll check it out for you coz probably I'll gi there this weekend Smile
touch master

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2005 6:47 am    Post subject: mother

Confused hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi [/b]
   www.tonyleung.info Forum Index -> Get to know each other All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: