TONYLEUNG.INFO
THIS IS AN ARCHIVAL DISCUSSION BOARD (2003-2012)

THIS IS AN ARCHIVAL DISCUSSION BOARD (2003-2012)
CLICK HERE TO GO TO THE NEW BOARD
CLICK HERE TO GO TO THE NEW BOARD

2012 - The Silent War
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

www.tonyleung.info Forum Index -> Tony Leung Movies
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hamberger362

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 8:31 am    Post subject:

Windseeker press conference ( video )

http://ent.kankanews.com/qita/2011-12-20/917076.shtml
yitian

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 8:39 am    Post subject:

According to Info in the Schedule section (in Chinese), it was an umbrella separating the two in the poster. Confused
Poor Tony was suffering from food poisoning that day, and directors continued shooting despite he was feeling so weak. No wonder he couldn't remember anything else except vomiting for the whole day. Sad
Also, in the video ham posted, Zhou Xun said she walked Tony straight into a tree brunch, because she forgot Tony was suppose to be blind. Poor Tony saw it coming but had to walk into the tree - the tree brunch almost stabbed into his eye. Sad Sad Sad

Last edited by yitian on Tue Dec 20, 2011 10:30 am; edited 1 time in total
yitian

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 9:45 am    Post subject:

Thanks hamberger for the link of the video.
Safran

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 9:53 am    Post subject:

Thank you Ham for the video - and yitian for explaining....... Tony so funny Laughing
Jamaica

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 9:55 am    Post subject:

yitian wrote:
According to Info in the Schedule section (in Chinese), it was an umbrella separating the two in the poster. Confused
Poor Tony was suffering from food poisoning that day, and directors continued shooting despite he was feeling so week. No wonder he couldn't remember anything else except vomiting for the whole day. Sad

Food poisoning! (I read diarrhea) Wow, something got lost in the translation! That's not funny at all, poor guy! Think I'll go shoot myself.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 10:30 am    Post subject:

more pics

yitian

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 7:11 pm    Post subject:

THE POSTER.

Eri

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 7:20 pm    Post subject:

The poster certainly looks very beautiful, but Tony obviously had such a hard time on the day.
Tony's back shows some physical weakness which probably applicable for this poster.
Was that a reason for the director to be cruel ? (joking)

The story sounds very interesting.
I am looking forward to watching this one.
Paul

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 6:41 pm    Post subject:

Nice poster. What's that they are holding between them? An invisible suitcase?
yitian

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 6:51 pm    Post subject:

It's said to be an umbrella.
Jamaica

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 9:23 am    Post subject:

Pictures at link:

http://asianfanatics.net/forum/topic/763521-tony-leung-chiu-wai-calls-playing-blind-hard/

The Alan Mak Siu Fai and Felix Chong Man Keung directed, Tony Leung Chiu Wai, Zhou Xun, Mavis Fan Hiu Huen and Wang Xuebing starred WIND SEEKER (TING FUNG JEH) yesterday held a wrap press conference in Shanghai.

Leung Chiu Wai in the film played someone with extrasensory power. Due to a childhood accident he lost his sight but gained exceptional hearing, which came in handy during the intelligence unit 701's tough rescue mission.

Wai Jai said that this film was the most difficult and the most challenging in his career. With his mesmerizing eyes Leung Chiu Wai in the film played the blind Bing. Leung Chiu Wai joked that playing "Blind Bing" was quite a challenge but unfortunately when he shot the scene in the poster he had food poisoning. As soon as he reached the set he began to vomit. After six times the director asked him, "Can you still work?" It was quite an abuse.

Although he played blind before in movies like SOUNDS OF COLOR (DEI HA TEET). Leung Chiu Wai was truly not used to it this time. He said, "Especially when this film was a collaboration with Zhou Xun. In an earlier film I had to watch her performance to react, but this time I was blind and my character couldn't see her. Perhaps I should say, I had to pretend I couldn't see, which was very tough. I was used to express my emotions with my eyes, but this time I had to think of other ways to express the character's emotions like body language and camera assistance. I wasn't used to that. In addition, I had action scenes as soon as the movie started and I was being chased. During the shot I wasn't sure whether my performance worked. At the time I just joined the team. I thought when I walked I didn't walk like someone blind. At the time I thought my mood was quite confused. I always thought my body language performance was very weak."

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 10:02 am    Post subject:

^ very interesting insight into TL's craft...

Thanks Jamaica.

Thanks yitian for the poster. The green forest is fascinating.
Eri

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 11:24 pm    Post subject:

Hello Paul,

How are you in HK ?
Are you getting used to the life in HK ?

Actually, when I looked at the poster again, it seemed like there were an invisible suitcase between them. ha ha ha.

Thanks Jamaica for the article.

Jamaica wrote:

Wai Jai said that this film was the most difficult and the most challenging in his career. With his mesmerizing eyes Leung Chiu Wai in the film played the blind Bing. Leung Chiu Wai joked that playing "Blind Bing" was quite a challenge but unfortunately when he shot the scene in the poster he had food poisoning. As soon as he reached the set he began to vomit. After six times the director asked him, "Can you still work?" It was quite an abuse.

Although he played blind before in movies like SOUNDS OF COLOR (DEI HA TEET). Leung Chiu Wai was truly not used to it this time. He said, "Especially when this film was a collaboration with Zhou Xun. In an earlier film I had to watch her performance to react, but this time I was blind and my character couldn't see her. Perhaps I should say, I had to pretend I couldn't see, which was very tough. I was used to express my emotions with my eyes, but this time I had to think of other ways to express the character's emotions like body language and camera assistance. I wasn't used to that. In addition, I had action scenes as soon as the movie started and I was being chased. During the shot I wasn't sure whether my performance worked. At the time I just joined the team. I thought when I walked I didn't walk like someone blind. At the time I thought my mood was quite confused. I always thought my body language performance was very weak."

I think body language comes out naturally without thinking. Although Tony might think his performance was weak, as long as his feeling was real, it shoul turn out to be realistic. I am sure it is going to be more natural than calculated acting. We will see when we see the movie. Wink
Jamaica

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 10:12 pm    Post subject:

It sort of sounds like Tony had more to say on the matter. I wish we got to hear all he said. Hopefully, if the performance was as compromised as Tony felt it was, the director shot as many takes as he needed, until Tony felt it went right. As long as his director gets Tony's best, he won't have anything to worry about (and neither will Tony).

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2011 1:10 am    Post subject:

That's an interesting articles. I'm looking forward to seeing this movie.

Quote:
Hello Paul,

How are you in HK ?
Are you getting used to the life in HK ?

Hi Eri,

I'm getting used to it day by day and I'm enjoying the experience of it all.

Last edited by Paul on Sat Dec 24, 2011 9:09 am; edited 1 time in total
   www.tonyleung.info Forum Index -> Tony Leung Movies All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 3 of 12

Jump to: